"Máxima, una historia real" by Argentine Journalists (2008-2009)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well well, look who woke up 3 months after the news was first published: It's Evert. Continuing his personal vendetta against the RF, he is a bitter man, with several flopped television shows and such.

And the idiotic thing is that he presents this ' news' as a big scoop, a few months after it all became known. No new information in his magazine, just saying that these 2 argentinian 'journalists' are digging up dirt of Maxima's life and claiming that Maxima was in NYC to 'get' JFK jr (we all thought she was a young banker, but no, Evert knows best).

As a reminder: this is the guy who paid money to the wife of a bodyguard of the PoO to give him information about the couple (which resulted in a divorce for the bodyguard). He also bought and published pictures that a builder illigally made of the interior of Villa Eikenhorst and he also bought pictures of the stolen camera of Maxima. He has been dragged to court by the RF several times. This man makes me sick, I am so glad his programme on TALPA was such a total fiasco and had to be taken of the air after a few months.

This man seems really interested in damaging Máxima's reputation! I hope the Royal House can stop him because this kind of people may become very obsessed and even dangerous.

The rumour that Máxima was in NYC to get JFK makes me laugh. They really have a lot of imagination... Máxima is so different from the type of woman JFK jr used to date.

this man must be crazy! she might want to catch somebody with money but from there to JFK is another story! anyway, he died 8 years ago and he was married, so i don't think he would be in her list!

Well well, look who woke up 3 months after the news was first published: It's Evert. Continuing his personal vendetta against the RF, he is a bitter man, with several flopped television shows and such.

And the idiotic thing is that he presents this ' news' as a big scoop, a few months after it all became known. No new information in his magazine, just saying that these 2 argentinian 'journalists' are digging up dirt of Maxima's life and claiming that Maxima was in NYC to 'get' JFK jr (we all thought she was a young banker, but no, Evert knows best).

As a reminder: this is the guy who paid money to the wife of a bodyguard of the PoO to give him information about the couple (which resulted in a divorce for the bodyguard). He also bought and published pictures that a builder illigally made of the interior of Villa Eikenhorst and he also bought pictures of the stolen camera of Maxima. He has been dragged to court by the RF several times. This man makes me sick, I am so glad his programme on TALPA was such a total fiasco and had to be taken of the air after a few months.

If it is true, that is very disappointing. In the end each rumour has support. Maria del Carmen didn't bother that Jorge had married and he had 3 children.

Last edited:
What is disappointing? That Maxima was trying to 'get' JFK jr? Hardly disappointing as it comes from the mind of Mr. Santegoeds. The 2 argentinian journalists never referred to it, but Mr. Santegoeds is the only one in the gossip press that like to drop that name. All the fruits of his imagination probably, as he doesn' t bother to mention a source (as usual).

-
IMO the one who should be mostly bothered with the 3 children was the father, Jorge Z. But as we all are unaware why Mr. Zorreguitta divorced so I don' t think we are in a position to judge.

Last edited:
What is disappointing? That Maxima was trying to 'get' JFK jr? Hardly disappointing as it comes from the mind of Mr. Santegoeds. The 2 argentinian journalists never referred to it, but Mr. Santegoeds is the only one in the gutter press that like to drop that name, all the fruits of his imagination as he doesn' t bother to mention a source (as usual).

-
IMO the one who should be mostly bothered with the 3 children was the father, Jorge Z. But as we all are unaware why Mr. Zorreguitta divorced so I don' t think we are in a position to judge.
we are nobody to judge! but the fact are , the mother went with a married man with 3 kids and maxima was born and her parents were not married, and please do not say that they married via uruguay or paraguay, at that time divorce did not exist in argentina so the parents were not marrried when she born, of course it is not her fault and i am far to judge them but this is the fact, and please it is not my intetion to offend anybody only to mark what it is a fact

Evert had to do a maxima-cover this week, because Story is outscooping his trashy rag for a second week in a row. Story for the second time has 8 pages with lovely pics of Maxima and WA & kids in Barcelona.

Evert = hated by allmost every celeb here in H because he uses his magazine for his personal vendetta.

And Maxima trying to get JFK is pure fiction of course. It's too silly for words.

No idea, they are still writing it AFAIK.
-

In one of the magazines I read that the RVD denied that they ever tried to forbid the book or that they contacted the authors. A RVD spokesman said that the less attention they give the book the better as any attention by the RVD will only result in more publicity for the book.

Whatever the book says I like her. She has brought some joy into what seemed a fairly sombre family.
I think any attack on her by fellow Argentinians now that she is married, a mother and seemingly very happy is needlessly cruel.
I dislike sadists, especially when they do it for money.

The "book" aka the "making matters up piece".will see the light of day in Argentina next week............It claims to have talked
with Máxima's "friends" which they ofcourse most certainly are not in that case.

It is just a bloody nuisance.That's all.Have to mention it here as it will no doubt pop-up here anyway sooner or later,it's just of no consequence in any which way and these two guys should be "talked" with. Just scum trying to make a buck over Máxima,with
one mentira after another.Bah.
http://gpdhome.typepad.com/royalblo.../zoektocht-naar-onthullingen-over-máxima.html

courtesy hja

It is just a bloody nuisance.That's all.Have to mention it here as it will no doubt pop-up here anyway sooner or later,it's just of no consequence in any which way and these two guys should be "talked" with. Just scum trying to make a buck over Máxima,with
one mentira after another.Bah.
http://gpdhome.typepad.com/royalblo.../zoektocht-naar-onthullingen-over-máxima.html

courtesy hja

Well, we can only have an opinion about the book and the authors after reading it, no?
I don't think the book will reveal "bad things" about Máxima's personality. I think it will be more about her family.

Apparently it has been pretty hard for the authors to get anybody close to Maxima to speak to them. Friends, family and friends of family all said that the authors should contact the RVD if they wanted to know anything about the princess. In the end they probably only were ab;le to interview a few former classmates and maybe collegues.

I can't think that many shocking things will be revealed, maybe they will 'reveal' a boyfriend, but that is not shocking. Indeed, if any newsworthy information is in the book it should be about Máxima's family, most notably her father, al;though his role in the Argentinian junta has been researched rather well by Prof. Dr. Baron Michiel Baud.

Well, we can only have an opinion about the book and the authors after reading it, no?
I don't think the book will reveal "bad things" about Máxima's personality. I think it will be more about her family.

No,not this time.it has been discussed too often already last year as the first rumours turned up that something so false
was in the making.These so called journalists,which is false also,have based the entire "product"on nada y nada y otravez.

It can not possibly "reveal' anything bad on Máxima,you're right there,no,but they drew/draw attention to this piece of junk
by claiming they can.There's the big difference you see.

I can't think that many shocking things will be revealed, maybe they will 'reveal' a boyfriend, but that is not shocking. Indeed, if any newsworthy information is in the book it should be about Máxima's family, most notably her father, al;though his role in the Argentinian junta has been researched rather well by Prof. Dr. Baron Michiel Baud.

Yes, I agree they will mention Máxima's father role in the Junta, and I believe they will write about how her mother met Jorge Zorreguieta when he was still a married man, etc etc.
How her siblings reacted to her huge popularity and to paparazzis may be another theme of the book, who knows?
Maybe the authors interviewed some collegues of her in New York, it would be interesting to know a bit of her life during those years.

I agree with lucien that if they try to bash her personality they won't convince anyone. I think Máxima had/has a great thing on her: she knew how to choose their friends. It's quite remarkable that none of them accepted to talk. That's not an usual think. IMO it's wrong to believe that she had luck with her friends. She knew how to choose safe and trustful persons as Friends and that already says much about her.

Last edited:
Yes, I agree they will mention Máxima's father role in the Junta, and I believe they will write about how her mother met Jorge Zorreguieta when he was still a married man, etc etc.
How her siblings reacted to her huge popularity and to paparazzis may be another theme of the book, who knows?
Maybe the authors interviewed some collegues of her in New York, it would be interesting to know a bit of her life during those years.

You will never find anything on how her siblings reacted to everything.
They will never talk on such matters to anyone let alone to the rags.

Collegues in New York?Nothing,they don't tell except what we already know,
they have too much discretion/class to blabbermouth for an extra buck.

Interesting to know more on her life?What is it what you do not already know or could
know by reading the forums,in perticular this one,or the Boards?Not much left to know,
except for the most intimate matters,and thats nobodies business.

They might have talked to former classmates from kindergarten or something in that order,but anything else is bull.

nevertheless the dutch edition will be published soon too and the two were in Amsterdam for a promotion thing...

http://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php/zoektype=2&search=24-03-2009%20Amsterdam

Last edited:
You will never find anything on how her siblings reacted to everything.
They will never talk on such matters to anyone let alone to the rags.

Probably they never talk on such matters but maybe neighbours or others do talk.

Collegues in New York?Nothing,they don't tell except what we already know,
they have too much discretion/class to blabbermouth for an extra buck.

Yes, of course, you know all her collegues in New York... :rolleyes:

Interesting to know more on her life?What is it what you do not already know or could
know by reading the forums,in perticular this one,or the Boards?[/

That's not true, sorry. This is an amazing forum, full of information, but it doesn't tell everything about Máxima's or any other royal's life, as you're assuming lucien.
I think the best thing to do, is to read it first. Calling scum to the authors and feeling so upset just because someone will write (false or true) stories about a royal is a bit too much... lol.

Probably they never talk on such matters but maybe neighbours or others do talk.

Yes, of course, you know all her collegues in New York... :rolleyes:

That's not true, sorry. This is an amazing forum, full of information, but it doesn't tell everything about Máxima's or any other royal's life, as you're assuming lucien.
I think the best thing to do, is to read it first. Calling scum to the authors and feeling so upset just because someone will write (false or true) stories about a royal is a bit too much... lol.

Pulp is pulp,it doesn't get any prettier.unless one trives on that sort of thing.:)

Apparently it has been pretty hard for the authors to get anybody close to Maxima to speak to them. Friends, family and friends of family all said that the authors should contact the RVD if they wanted to know anything about the princess. In the end they probably only were ab;le to interview a few former classmates and maybe collegues.

Hallo,Regina,are you there?We already payed too much attention to this,see?:)

Hallo,Regina,are you there?We already payed too much attention to this,see?:)

Well, I think most posters here payed a normal attention to the topic lol. I won't loose my sleep because of this book :lol: you can be sure of it.
Don't be so worried or upset with the things they will write, dear :D. We'll be here to comment everything, but first let's read ir or wait for some translation ;)

I agree with lucien that if they try to bash her personality they won't convince anyone. I think Máxima had/has a great thing on her: she knew how to choose their friends. It's quite remarkable that none of them accepted to talk. That's not an usual think. IMO it's wrong to believe that she had luck with her friends. She knew how to choose safe and trustful persons as Friends and that already says much about her.

As you are saying and as the authors said last year, nobody(close to Máxima) wanted to speak about her. So I wonder where did they get from reliable info to write the book? From her 3rd grade classmates and the neighbours?:lol:

But well, let's first read it.

As you are saying and as the authors said last year, nobody(close to Máxima) wanted to speak about her. So I wonder where did they get from reliable info to write the book? From her 3rd grade classmates and the neighbours?:lol:

Yes, why not? You found it funny but for your information childhood's friends, old teachers, neighbours, collegues, Jorge's ex co-workers, etc, can indeed give reliable information if they want to.

It seems you believe that if 3rd grade (or university)classmates or neighbours decide to speak then that's because they will reveal bad things about Máxima... Why can't they just tell "Máxima was a wonderful collegue. I remember she used to say... etc etc" ?

But well, let's first read it.

Yes. Maybe you, living in Argentina, could translate some parts of it... ;) :D

Indeed regina, in such a group of people the authors are bound to have found some that are willing to talk. Still the 'revelations' they will do will most probably be on the level of 'her first boyfriend had ugly feet' and ' she never talked to me at the coffee machine, she is arrogant', if you get my drift. The tone of the book is probably that she was a young ambitious woman who left Argentina to pursue her carreer. She had a few love interests and in 2002 she married the prince. If there would have been some seriously shocking material in the book I am sure the publisher would have leaked some information since the book is getting almost no attention here.

But as you say, we will only know that for sure when the book is published, so let's wait for that. I don't think GPD's royalblog editors have read the book either, it seems they just got a statement from the publisher, which they used for the blog entry.

I think all of us agree, our pasts are our pasts. I wouldn't let that sway my opinion of Maxima. She is great and I think the people will show her that they don't care about some silly book. It won't get any more of my attention than this!

Just because someone marries a prince, it doesn't mean that her past is immaculate. Nobody's perfect. Journalist do search for public persons like the professional detectives. They are tracking someone's old friends, archive documents down etc. There's nothing wrong with it. Why don't people know a princess pre-royal life?

Past is past. Unfortunately,nobody is wonderful!
I think Maxima is a great princess,a great woman & a great mum. I love her involvement in economics & integration with public.

Between, in this website we can see the popularity of Dutch monarchy & we can definitely see that lots of Dutch people love Maxima!!!:flowers:
Princess Máxima Message Board -> Annual Report: popularity of Dutch Monarchy

so the boss of the company maxima worked for had some legal issues. huge deal. i wonder how they publish it with such pomp and circumstance, i wonder how that affects maxima! they also claim that "the information is not in the official webpage", when it is well clearly stated!

it's such a shame that these two people are publishing a whole lot of garbage in their book. maxima is argentina's best ambassador and they are clearly giving her reasons to not consider herself argentinian anymore, seeing how they treat her. it's a huge disappointment. the argentinian media should take better care of her, seeing how she always represents both of her countries in such a pristine manner.

Well, the Argentinian media is not to 'blame' for the book, and the journalists are free to make money out of the princess obviously but if a corrupt former boss is the biggest scoop of the book (and it seems that that is the case) I think that even that (earning money from it) will be difficult for them.

-
royalblog has a new article in Dutch about the book and it seems they already read the book (as did many people in the press). Though the book has some funny anecdotes, nothing shocking is revealed. The authors pay a lot of attention to the class in which Maxima grew up. According to the blog the book is however often inaccurate, contains many mistakes or vague assumptions, often quoting 'reliable sources' when they quote gossip rag Prive or the most inaccurate (though also the most royalist) newpaper if the country: 'De Telegraaf'. Another thing that makes the book not too reliable are the many language mistakes due to the double translation (from dutch to spanish and later from spanish to dutch again) and because nobody close to Maxima wanted to cooperate. The conclusion is that this can not be called a serious biography about the princess. Even the editor of Weekend-Royalty, Marc van der Linden, is critisizing the book for the lack of sources. And again, the biggest scoop is that the authors say Maxima worked for the corrupt guy from 1991 to 1993 while the royal website says she worked there from 1989 to 1991. Not too shocking IMHO.

On saturday GPD papers will publish an interview with the authors, who say that the princess remained much more Argentinian than the Dutch PR machine wants us to believe. She is vry passionate. Now I do not think the Dutch PR machine is that much of a machine and that they want us to believe that Maxima is 100& Dutch, very often we see small references to her Argentinian background actually.

Last edited:
Royalblog has read the book and says it contains no news, but incredible amounts of obvious errors adn copying from articles from the dutch gossippress. Duh. What a surprise. Not.

What is SAD though is that the gossipmedia - Marc vd Linden, Evert S etvc - will simply take over their errors again, not because they think it's true for one second but because they think it will sell.

Royalblog has read the book and says it contains no news, but incredible amounts of obvious errors adn copying from articles from the dutch gossippress. Duh. What a surprise. Not.

What is SAD though is that the gossipmedia - Marc vd Linden, Evert S etvc - will simply take over their errors again, not because they think it's true for one second but because they think it will sell.

The v/d Linden and Santegoed Dames just revel in,this,well,nothing.It is about nothing,or nada if you prefer.

The female critter even said she was attacked by the security service of our RF.

What happened was,I think many if not all will remember,that during a visit to Argentina,she was so obstructive and right in the path of the Princess that the security boys kindly requested her to step aside,which she ostentatiously didn''t so they gently guided her to the side of the road,with her screaming bloody murder and instantly claiming they had hit her.They ofcourse had not.There are many spot-on words for those creatures,and they come out even better in spanish...but I won''t ,there are children watching..:rolleyes::nonono:

They've been lucky I did not spot them while they were in Amsterdam this week,I would have accidently kicked both of 'm in a canal.

Máxima, a real/royal story
Máxima Zorreguieta celebrated, when she was only 7 years old, the triumph of the Argentine football team at the World Cup in 1978 by singing " the one who doesnt jump is Dutch/the one who doesnt jump is Dutch!!".
24 years later she became Princess Máxima of The Netherlands. Soon she will be Queen. The first argentine Queen.
How did this commoner, daughter of someone who worked at the military goverment, to bewitch a prince charming?. Máxima is the main character of this fairytale, where political intrigues, sacrifices and fights for the power take place.
Novedades editoriales de Random House Mondadori

Oh wow,she sang that?She will pay for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::ROFLMAO:

Really...

Here is a summary of the many many mistakes and downright nasty unchecked and dead wrong lieing throgh their teeth set of people that
did absolutely nothing,nothing new.Full of mistakes and very few facts,of which some are interpreted wrong too.

The summary by the dutch press comes after this charade of a book was/is blown away as to simple to be worth talking about.

Maxima,our querido chica latina turned into a wonderfull,talented,warm and loved HRH Princess Maxima said even last year;"" I''m an open book,I have nothing to hide"".That is true.The two argentinians have not found a single gaff,not one.But made plenty themselves,too much to be credible at all according to the dutch press.

http://www.royalblog.nl/

A list of mistakes in the book:

1 Wrong boat of Prince Bernhard,he bought a new Jumbo (VI) in 1998,
Maxima was fotografed there for the first time.

2 Wrong house of Willem-Alexander (Noordiende Palace,Willems palace that Maxima got to redecorate entirely to her taste...(It is the Official Office of Her Majesty The Queen:rolleyes:..(on page 163)

3 Not the correct secretary of Maxima,the mentioned Felix Rhodius was director of the Cabinet of Her Majesty The Queen,not a secretary.

4 Wrong Princess that fell ill and had to be taken to hospital in Bariloche,Amalia is mentioned but it was Alexia.

5 Wrong car in the Amsterdam Arena on the eve of the wedding,it was the Minerva of Prince Hendrik,not a white t-ford.

6 There were NO congratulatory registers/books in the Nieuwe Kerk,the church where the wedding took place (page 172)

7 Wrong name of the nurse in charge of the delivery that was Maddy Smeets,not Jana (page 253)

8 Prince Claus is not His Highness,but His Royal Highness...(they really haven''t got a clue!!>>)

9 The name of Maxima''s school is wrong,it is Northlands,not Northlands College....

10 Youngest daughest Ariane has Ines,not Inez as a fourth name (page 260)

11 Before 1849,the Inthronisation of King Willem III,there were no coronations here either,different to what that piece of crap says (page 165)

12 Wrong spelling for dutch politicians.

My spelling might not always be correct,but then I do not claim to be anything near an author.

The book gets worse,evil almost in the almost criminal accusations made by these two frustrated nobodies.

Here:

The dutch PM,Wim Kok only spoke as late as september 1st 1999 about a "" friendship"" ,and not sooner as is claimed in the book.

The Princess "" fell in love'' with her professor Alfonso Prat-Gay...an infatuation one normal person would call that..but she had college by him!

Maxima demanded long before her wedding from her family and friends to address her as Her Royal Majesty....:eek:..gawd..I really gotta book a ticket to BA and punch a couple of noses...t is a non-existing title,a fake story!!

Back
Top Bottom