The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-04-2010, 05:42 AM
Serene Highness

Location: desde mi ventana veo gibraltar español,reino de espaÑa, Spain
"Letizia Ortiz: A republican in the Court of Juan Carlos I" by Isidre Cunill, 2010

Expectación ante el libro sobre el

The Cunill book , for its part, promises to report on "scandals" new arrests related to alleged drug issues and some allegedly controversial sexual tone.

La Lengua acompañó al Imperio (Antonio de Nebrija)
The Language
accompanied to the Empire (Antonio de Nebrija)

Old 09-04-2010, 12:03 PM
Aristocracy

"Letizia Ortiz: A republican in the Court of Juan Carlos I" by Isidre Cunill

Scandal book about Letizia's past. Isidre Cunill wrote the book who is a Catalan journalist. He is specialized in investigative journalism.

There is a similar thread about Mette-Marit of Norway's past. This is a good idea to open thread about the crown princesses where we could discuss their pasts.

Un libro ataca a la princesa Letizia con escándalos de sexo, drogas y aborto - Realeza - Diario Femenino de la mujer

Old 09-04-2010, 01:41 PM

Âñåì Ïðèâåò!
Does anybody know where this book buy? Or maybe read in the e-library?
I live in Russia and in our county it won't sold exactly
Old 09-04-2010, 02:37 PM
Nobility

Balerina: you can buy the book at the websites of "Casa del Libro" and "El Corte Ingles".
Old 09-04-2010, 02:55 PM
Nobility

Also at Fnac of Spain (check the website)
Old 09-04-2010, 04:08 PM

thanks a lot!
I'll try but I don't know send they books abroad.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:00 PM
Nobility

Yes, Casa del libro is the most important library of Spain. They sell and send books to your country.

There is another interesting article at this place:
LA OTRA CRONICA El Mundo 4 Septiembre 2010 | YouKioske
Old 09-04-2010, 06:21 PM
Serene Highness

What interesting to me is that there are many books out there about the pasts of wives and girlfriends and sometimes ex-girlfriends of male royals. I suppose the male royals have no past as you don't see books written about their past life prior to marriage or prior to girlfriend. Or are they just protected better.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:49 PM
Aristocracy

what does the book say?
Old 09-04-2010, 08:02 PM
Serene Highness

I don't know. Haven't read it.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:28 PM
Courtier

Maybe it is good to know that no one, not even a princess, is perfect 100%. The past is the past, and, she can't change it...however, it should not be about her past, but about her present and her future as a queen of Spain.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarlucy View Post
What interesting to me is that there are many books out there about the pasts of wives and girlfriends and sometimes ex-girlfriends of male royals. I suppose the male royals have no past as you don't see books written about their past life prior to marriage or prior to girlfriend. Or are they just protected better.
agreed it's quit strange like you said maybe they are the princes charming prince charming cant have dirty past
Old 09-04-2010, 10:20 PM
Aristocracy

I am surprised that the Royal Court has allowed it to be published or that a publishing house dares to publish it in Spain.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by caroline mathilda View Post
I am surprised that the Royal Court has allowed it to be published or that a publishing house dares to publish it in Spain.
Well, if Zarzuela doesn't allow publishing of the book it maybe construed that she is hiding something. Let's just see the contents of the book and how will Zarzuela handle it. One thing's for sure, the author is likely to get famous with that book.
Old 09-04-2010, 11:27 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeleine victoria View Post
Well, if Zarzuela doesn't allow publishing of the book it maybe construed that she is hiding something. Let's just see the contents of the book and how will Zarzuela handle it. One thing's for sure, the author is likely to get famous with that book.
good point
Old 09-05-2010, 01:41 AM
Nobility

The book have information about problems with drugs and the abortion she had in Mexico.
Old 09-05-2010, 02:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

And why has this "author" waited almost seven years to publish this book? These kind of books are vain, just nonsense. I hope that no level-headed person spends money on these.
Old 09-05-2010, 03:59 AM
Aristocracy

Exactly, a vain book. I am not interested at all. I am interested in what Letizia does now, as crown princess, and she is doing a great job. That`s what matters, not some stupid, probably not even true things from the past
Old 09-05-2010, 06:11 AM
Aristocracy

This book is made of internet rumours. In the article posted by frank the publisher(completely unknown till now) says the book is filled with known things about the princess that have been circulating on the internet. And the author is forbidden by his doctor to speak til next week. WTH?
I'm pretty sure the book is an attack from the Catalonian separatists to the RF's weakest link, Letizia.
The author also writes she had an abortion in Mexico and then she flew to New York to fix something that went wrong with it. Why did she go to NY? It's almost as far from Mexico as Madrid. Nothing makes sense, the headline of the article is "Who is after the Princess' attack?" That is, they don't believe the book information is true, either.
Old 09-05-2010, 07:15 AM
Aristocracy

Why is Letiazia seen as the RF's weakest link?