L'année Royale ("The Royal Year") 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cathérine Bergeyck

Heir Presumptive
A new book "L'année Royale" (the royal year) by the makers of Place Royale. This is the second year in line they make a (photo)book with all the highlights of the Belgian and foreign RFs. This edition has a focus on this year's baby boom.

That's cool! I suppose you can get it in bookstores all over Belgium too? (Because my parents live very close to the Belgian border, I might like to have a peek at it and maybe even get it when I'm on one of my many trips to Belgium :)).

I can see the book was released in October, so it means it doesn't cover the births of Leonor (probably not M&F's baby either) or Sverre Magnus.

Elsa M. said:
I can see the book was released in October, so it means it doesn't cover the births of Leonor (probably not M&F's baby either) or Sverre Magnus.
It gets a bit pointless, then, doesn't it? To have 2005 in review, but not all of it?

norwegianne said:
It gets a bit pointless, then, doesn't it? To have 2005 in review, but not all of it?

Well, maybe they have the births covered in the book of 2006? When making a book you have to have a deadline, you can't go on waiting forever for new things to happen. But then again, you can set the deadline in january 2006 if you're making a book that is covering royal things in 2005. I think it's an editorial thing to be honest. I suppose the editors want to have the book on the market before christmas, since it would make a perfect christmas gift. :)

Maxie said:
I suppose the editors want to have the book on the market before christmas, since it would make a perfect christmas gift. :)

Yes, that is your main reason right now, probably. Rather expensive for a book with that few pages. I guess it's more of a coffee table book then. A good idea for a gift. Yes, Maxie. I'm pretty sure it would be available in Belgium. :)

Back
Top Bottom