"Ladies of Spain" by Andrew Morton (2013) [Sofia, Letizia, Elena and Cristina]

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

An Ard Ri

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
An Iarmhí
Country
Ireland

Attachments

• Ladies of Spain.jpg
    Ladies of Spain.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 1,160
Last edited by a moderator:
Heh...read some of the comments below in the comboxes, they are not so flattering about the book.

Is it out in English yet? So far all I can find is the Spanish version.

LaRae

Andrew Morton presents his book 'Ladies of Spain' at the Petite Palace President Castellana Hotel in Madrid, Spain

PPE agency

PPE Agency

As I posted earlier on the Franco-Iberian Board, I've read some excerpts. The book was written in English and translated to Spanish. It is not available in English at this time. The book is very gossipy but several things about the Infantas interested me.

Denouncing Love
Elena dated the handsome Luis Astolfi for two years. They were very much in love and shared a passion for riding. Yet, her parents were not supportive of the relationship. Several years later, Elena met Jaime Marichalar, the son of an earl, who pursued her. "Marichalar knew what he wanted, and was determined to get it. Finally, Elena agreed to date him," compromising love for a blue blood. Once married she found out they had little in common.

Chasing Inaki
"Cristina chased Inaki relentlessly, stalking her prey through mutual friends, phone calls and messaging. She realized that this was a relationship that could change her life." Morton also talks about Carmen Cami, Inaki's serious girlfriend at the time he met Cristina. Once married, "Iñaki's decision to enroll in the ESADE [graduate program] was primarily a desire to prove to his father, his father-in-law, his wife and himself-that he was more than just a pretty boy who was good at sports. It was there that Iñaki met a man named Diego Torres. It was a decisive moment for Iñaki's life - and the young Spanish monarchy."

:previous: When I get my hands on this book I will devour it, even if I have to sit there for days with a Spanish-English dictionary.

Ladies of Spain

I live in Madrid and last week finished reading this book... To my taste is a bit tacky but it makes really good reference to the whole Iñaki business, I beleive that for this regular sportsman (handsome;);)) buts thats it, must had been difficult to try to compete with his intellectual wife also royalty. Now as everyone knows it must be difficult to be in that position and mantain his principles since the beginning of the whole story didnt had one, leaving his formal girlfriend for Cristina.
I am no justifing his action cause personally I beleive that if the Sapanish Monarchy wants to mantain its reign someone has to pay for this with jail.

i have the book in my computer to read. It's in the web to download pdf or epub.

I looked on Amazon and couldn't find it in english, has anyone found it yet?

Back
Top Bottom