King Abdullah II: "Our Last Best Chance:The Pursuit of Peace in a Time of Peril" 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rossina

Former Moderator
City
Country
India
King Abdullah II: "Our Last Best Chance:The Pursuit of Peace in a Time of Peril" 2010

9780670021710.jpg

May 2010
Penguin Group (USA) will release a memoir in 2010 by Jordan's King Abdullah II. The book is called "The Last Best Chance: An Intimate Account of the Pursuit of Peace in a Time of Peril." In a statement Monday, Penguin called the book a "personal narrative rich with human drama" by "an active participant in major events."
Cant wait to read it ...:)

I would like to wish His Majesty all the best with this latest litery venture. I await the book's appearance in my local bookshop as well.

He seems to be a decent man, with modern and cogent thoughts, caught in a mess created long before him and perpetuated by those who long for extreme positions. Good luck.

It could be interesting book, but I probably won't have chance to read it. There are not many books about/by royals translated in czech and the possibility to buy english version isn't also very good... But who knows, maybe they will translate it:D I hope so..

Is there a date when the book will be published?

Thank you.
I looked at amazon and I read 31 december 2025. So I thought there isn't yet a date. I also like to read the book.

"Our Last Best Chance" King Abdullah's Book on Bookshelves next Month ammon

Can't wait to read it

Is there much about their family life?

I really liked reading the book, including its last sentence:

“God has given me many blessings. But the greatest of all is to be husband to Rania and father to our children Hussein, Iman, Salma and Hashem. They are the lights of my life”.

That's a sweet line. King Abdullah has always struck me as someone who is devoted to his wife and children.
The book sounds like an interesting read. Is it all politics or does he have some anecdotes in it about his private life?

It's not only politics, it's an autobiography, you can also find some anecdotes, a chapter about his marriage, and you come to know something about his relationship to his father (especially in his father's last months) and his time as a young serving army officer.
He mentions that his relationship to QNoor is rather frosty (since he appointed Rania Queen).

Last edited:
Thanks. Interesting bit there about Queen Noor. I watched an interview with Randa Habib recently and she mentions that Noor was very disappointed when the late King Hussein appointed Abdullah CP (she was actually crying and saying something like "but you promised me Hamzah will be CP") so I'm not surprised about the frosty relationship.
I'll try to find the book at our local bookstore.

Pleae, anyone knows when King's Abdullah's book will be available in Spanish language ???

Back
Top Bottom