"Journey Through Life" by Anne Wolden-Ræthinge (2002) [Crown Prince Frederik of DK]

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Josefine

Majesty
Country
Sweden
"Journey Through Life" by Anne Wolden-Ræthinge (2002) [Crown Prince Frederik of DK]

A new book "Journey Through Life" (danish title "Rejse I Livet") with photos by Tine Harden

colourpress.com

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 395
colourpress.com

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 340
colourpress.com

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 321
colourpress.com

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 316
colourpress.com

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 316
colourpress.com

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 309
colourpress.com

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 326
colourpress.com

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 306
colourpress.com

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 329
Is there anyone who has bought this book?
was it any good

I think someone at the Scandinavian board bought it. I don't recall what they said about it, but you can ask over there what they thought. From my meagre understanding of Danish (and the use of several online translators), it didn't receive marvellous reviews. It wasn't trashed, but not all reviews were positive.

Isn't it a bit early for him to write a book called "Journey through life"? I mean yeah he's done amazing things but he's only in his thirties. Maybe he should have put this off till he was 60 and greying or something.

Does anyone know if Fred has written any other autobiographies? Maybe he should have written one on "Overcoming Obstacles" and write about the Frogman thingo and marathons and about not wanting to be CP and then finally accepting it or something. Hmmm, actually those are the things I want to know. Has Fred written any books in English?

Originally posted by Jasl@Jan 4th, 2004 - 5:18 pm
Isn't it a bit early for him to write a book called "Journey through life"? I mean yeah he's done amazing things but he's only in his thirties. Maybe he should have put this off till he was 60 and greying or something.

Does anyone know if Fred has written any other autobiographies? Maybe he should have written one on "Overcoming Obstacles" and write about the Frogman thingo and marathons and about not wanting to be CP and then finally accepting it or something. Hmmm, actually those are the things I want to know.  Has Fred written any books in English?

It does seem a bit early for Fred to be writing a book about "A Journey Through Life."

Aside from his academic studies, marathons and military training, what has he accomplished? (Not saying he didn't accomplish anything, I just don't know the extent of his accomplishments)

Usually one writes a memoir after one has accomplish great things, lived through something unusual and/or faced challenging life events. While running marathons, getting academic degrees and training in the military are accomplishments in and of themselves, they are ones achieved by many people.

Would Fred's current accomplishments be worth a memoir if he were not CP?

Well not many people are able to endure the extreme training necessary to become a Navy Frogman, and not many people have crossed Greenland on a dog sledge, and not many people have had to endure living their entire life in a fishbowl with the media and an entire population watching one's every move. So yes I guess he has accomplished more than most people, and definetly more than most royals.

Back
Top Bottom