colourpress.com
Attached Images

Old 09-24-2003, 04:33 PM
Majesty

colourpress.com
Attached Images

Old 12-30-2003, 09:21 AM
Majesty

Is there anyone who has bought this book?
was it any good
Old 12-30-2003, 11:02 AM
Courtier

I think someone at the Scandinavian board bought it. I don't recall what they said about it, but you can ask over there what they thought. From my meagre understanding of Danish (and the use of several online translators), it didn't receive marvellous reviews. It wasn't trashed, but not all reviews were positive.
Old 01-04-2004, 06:18 PM
Courtier

Isn't it a bit early for him to write a book called "Journey through life"? I mean yeah he's done amazing things but he's only in his thirties. Maybe he should have put this off till he was 60 and greying or something.

Does anyone know if Fred has written any other autobiographies? Maybe he should have written one on "Overcoming Obstacles" and write about the Frogman thingo and marathons and about not wanting to be CP and then finally accepting it or something. Hmmm, actually those are the things I want to know. Has Fred written any books in English?
Old 01-26-2004, 11:53 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally posted by Jasl@Jan 4th, 2004 - 5:18 pm
Isn't it a bit early for him to write a book called "Journey through life"? I mean yeah he's done amazing things but he's only in his thirties. Maybe he should have put this off till he was 60 and greying or something.

Does anyone know if Fred has written any other autobiographies? Maybe he should have written one on "Overcoming Obstacles" and write about the Frogman thingo and marathons and about not wanting to be CP and then finally accepting it or something. Hmmm, actually those are the things I want to know.* Has Fred written any books in English?
It does seem a bit early for Fred to be writing a book about "A Journey Through Life."

Aside from his academic studies, marathons and military training, what has he accomplished? (Not saying he didn't accomplish anything, I just don't know the extent of his accomplishments)

Usually one writes a memoir after one has accomplish great things, lived through something unusual and/or faced challenging life events. While running marathons, getting academic degrees and training in the military are accomplishments in and of themselves, they are ones achieved by many people.

Would Fred's current accomplishments be worth a memoir if he were not CP?
Old 05-17-2004, 12:50 AM
Gentry

Well not many people are able to endure the extreme training necessary to become a Navy Frogman, and not many people have crossed Greenland on a dog sledge, and not many people have had to endure living their entire life in a fishbowl with the media and an entire population watching one's every move. So yes I guess he has accomplished more than most people, and definetly more than most royals.
Old 05-18-2004, 02:57 AM

I think it was written to try to cope with the extreme popularity of the Crownprince and the endless demand in Denmark for knowledge about him.
Old 05-18-2004, 09:32 AM
Commoner

Does anyone know if it is sold in English and if I could buy it here in the US?
Old 05-18-2004, 07:15 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally posted by lutefisk7@May 18th, 2004 - 9:32 am
You might try www.eurohistory.com they have a bookstore. The author is Anne Wolden-Raethinge called Ninka.
Old 05-21-2004, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Theilmann+May 18th, 2004 - 7:15 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Theilmann @ May 18th, 2004 - 7:15 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-lutefisk7@May 18th, 2004 - 9:32 am
You might try www.eurohistory.com they have a bookstore. The author is Anne Wolden-Raethinge called Ninka. [/b][/quote]
I could not find it, do you know if it is translated to German?
Old 08-19-2004, 04:53 PM
Royal Highness

WOW! those photos are amazing. Thank You, THank You, THank You!
Old 02-15-2005, 04:16 AM
Majesty

have any of you bought the book yet?
Old 02-16-2005, 09:32 AM
Aristocracy

Using Nikolai in PR

This book was mentioned a few years ago...but left incomplete (this was before it was confirmed he was going to marry Mary)...and it was already then speculated it would be completed after his marriage. At that time, he was single (and dating all sorts of "unsuitable" ladies whom his mom didnīt approve).
The pics with Nikolai projecting Fred as a doting uncle and "family man" , as opposed to a playboy with "wrong" girlfriends, was, to my mind, "using " Nikolai. Itīs true Nikolai is his god-son and nephew, but since his marrying Mary, he doesnīt even look at Nikolai. The last Queen Mīs birthday on the balcony scene, and Hendrikīs birthday etc, etc, showed a Fred who doesnīt even notice his nephew is there.
I think itīs magnanimous of Alex and Joachim (they have no choice of course), to "lend" Nikolai for PR shots. Now that there is a CP Mary who is for the time being popular, no one really cares too much about the 2 princes (especially since A and J are divorcing). Thatīs the real life of being a royal; duties and not much gratitude. Itīs not nice being the "spare" and his family.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:15 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xandra
This book was mentioned a few years ago...but left incomplete (this was before it was confirmed he was going to marry Mary)...and it was already then speculated it would be completed after his marriage. At that time, he was single (and dating all sorts of "unsuitable" ladies whom his mom didnīt approve).
The pics with Nikolai projecting Fred as a doting uncle and "family man" , as opposed to a playboy with "wrong" girlfriends, was, to my mind, "using " Nikolai. Itīs true Nikolai is his god-son and nephew, but since his marrying Mary, he doesnīt even look at Nikolai. The last Queen Mīs birthday on the balcony scene, and Hendrikīs birthday etc, etc, showed a Fred who doesnīt even notice his nephew is there.
I think itīs magnanimous of Alex and Joachim (they have no choice of course), to "lend" Nikolai for PR shots. Now that there is a CP Mary who is for the time being popular, no one really cares too much about the 2 princes (especially since A and J are divorcing). Thatīs the real life of being a royal; duties and not much gratitude. Itīs not nice being the "spare" and his family.
I have this book on my book bookshelf, it was published in 2002 - after Frederik had met Mary, but before the engagement. Ninka / Anne Wolden-Ræthinge has made several interviews with all members of the royal family, including a book on Queen Margrethe translated into English. I guess the purpose of these books is to give people a change to "get to know" the royals through their words and not only from their pictures. I can only speak for myself, but I for sure love every single one of them.

The last pictures of Frederik and Nikolai playing together were taken at Prince Henrik's birthday in june last year. It was not a photosession, but some photographers used their lenses to get pictures of Frederik, Nikolai, Joachim and Felix playing on the lawn. I'm sure you will be able to find some of them in this forum.

I've attached a photo of the cover of 'Rejse i Livet'
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rejse i livet.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	94607  
Old 02-18-2005, 01:18 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks for your info, Chatleen. My comments were based on my personal perceptions. If Fred really dotes on Nikolai, itīs great. They look so similar!
Old 02-18-2005, 11:04 PM
Aristocracy

Can some one fine these photos of frederik and his brother and nikolai please.
billie-jo