The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-17-2009, 09:16 PM
Commoner

How many Royal books do you own?

My books are about queen Alexandra of England,born princess of Denmark; the Queen Mother; King George VI,the father of the present Queen of England. In the spanish side I have one of Queen Sophie and the other of King Juan Carlos, also about CharlesV. About Rumania , Queen Mary. And finally about Elizabeth of Austria. It's not easy to find biographies of the present royals in Uruguay.

Old 06-22-2009, 03:39 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
It's not bad because of it's coverage of the less well-reported Courts. The actual content of the book lies more in the photo captions than in the text itself. Robert K Massie has written a very lengthy introduction on the nature of European monarchy with subsections on the "Saxe-Coburg-Windsors", Habsburgs, Hohenzollerns and Romanovs. A lot of effort has gone into finding the numerous photos, and that is probably the book's greatest appeal. Many of the pics have since found their way onto the internet.
yes i own the book, it was that book that got me started with the european royal families, it is rather falling to bits now tough, as i have had since it was first published that was in 1981. fab book, the photos are a treat, well worth a look. i supposed it will be out of print, so i would try any second hand bookshops (if you are interested), where i have often pick up some very good royal books for a pittence........

ps the most surprising photo i found in the book was queen amelie of portugal riding a large bull, a thing i have not come across before !!!!.

Old 07-18-2009, 02:04 PM
Gentry

several years ago Princess Alice, Duchess of Gloucester wrote an autobiography... have you read it? did you like it? I'm looking for this book but I found it only online and I'd like to have an opinion about it before buying... thanks
Old 07-27-2009, 06:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

I mostly check them out from the library (it's cheaper ) so I only own a few right now, but my collection is growing so I love reading about the books everyone else has read and likes.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lallettac View Post
several years ago Princess Alice, Duchess of Gloucester wrote an autobiography... have you read it? did you like it? I'm looking for this book but I found it only online and I'd like to have an opinion about it before buying... thanks
it's good, but not an indepth biography, it has lots of photos, I'd personally recommend it

God Save The Queen!

Old 06-06-2011, 01:27 AM
Heir Apparent

I have a bio on Marie Antionette,Queen Mother by Shawcross,Soveriegn Ladies,about the queens of England.

I hope to get bio's on,Queen Victoria,CP Victoria,Prince Albert,Consort,George VI,Diana,Elizabeth i,Queen Alexandra and many more!
Old 06-08-2011, 11:48 AM
Aristocracy

I have too many to count, but I will say most of mine are fictional. I would guess I have maybe 10-15 biographies, and most of those concern Queen Victoria.

To chime in with a description of my bookshelves... last summer I went to Wal-mart and bought 3 full-sized cheap bookcases and they are completely filled, two rows deep and more books laying flat to fill up the empty spaces. BUT they are organized, in a fashion. Sometimes when I watch Hoarders I cringe because I see myself in those people when it comes to my books. It is a rare thing for me to let go of a book.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:08 PM
Heir Apparent

I can now add two more books-"We Two" on Victoria and Albert and "Victoria's Daughters".
Old 06-08-2011, 06:14 PM
Administrator

You are going to love Victoria's Daughters. I just saw We Too at the Library Book Store...forgot to pick it up.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:25 PM
Gentry

I think there are about 16 for me, and waiting for another on Frans Josef.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Too many to count. The vast majority are about Diana, and the rest are about Queen Elizabeth the 2nd, and the rest of the current BRF. I also have a tub of Royal magazines.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Im looking forward to buying a bio on Elizabeth I.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:21 PM
Serene Highness

I own bios on empress josephine, czarina Alexandra some of the royal diaries series,"we two" about Victoria and Albert and some Romanov books and the three books of Robert Alexander- the Romanov bride,the kitchen boy and rasputin's daughter( I loved reading all 3) a bio on the queen mother ,the hidden diary of Marie Antoinette , Marie Antoinette:the journey and also a bio on Madame royale Marie Therese, the daughter of Marie Antoinette and also the Romanov prophecy by Steve berry ... Royal diaries series of Isabel I, Marie Antoinette, Elizabeth I, kazunomiya, jahanara, Catherine the great, Anastasia (Romanov), kristina(Sweden)....
Old 06-26-2011, 06:32 AM
Heir Apparent

I just bought,Six Wives,Queens of Henry VIII.
Old 06-26-2011, 06:41 AM
Serene Highness

Do the he magazines count? Especially the tributes
Old 05-08-2013, 12:34 PM
Courtier

I am still building my Royal Books Collection, It is still Growing! But so far I have Five books:

2 about Queen Victoria (one about Young Victoria and the other about her reign)
1 about Princess Elizabeth and Margaret
1 about the history of the English Monarchy from Roman Britain to present day1 about Queen Consort Alexandra
Old 05-08-2013, 12:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Zero. I have read many, but don't buy books---I borrow them.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:16 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I think I have about 20/21 (or possibly more); the last time I counted I had 17 but I have bought some more royalty related books since then. If magazines count, then I have about 5 of the "A Century of Royals" magazines (they used to be my mother's, but she gave them to me as she knows I have an interest in all things royal). I have an issue Svensk Damtinding (sorry if I spelt it wrong) as well, which I bought in Sweden. I also have lots of Hello magazines featuring royals, and the OK "royal special". I have one issue of Majesty Magazine too.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 05-10-2013, 12:31 AM
Aristocracy

At one time I had two bookcases full of royal books, but now I am down to one shelf.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Does this count books of royals long since dead i.e. Anne Boleyn, Catherine de Medici?
If so I would say between 12-22.

Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012