How many Royal books do you own?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
None! :sad:
But if could read just one, I'd like "Lonely but no alone" by Queen Wilhelmina of The Netherlands.

How nice, to read that someone in Brazil red the book of our late queen Wilhelmina, or didnt you read it?:flowers:

I OWN 22!!
6: Dynasties of European Royal families
2: habsburg dynasty
3: the Royal house of Windsor (Elizabeth, Margareth, Parents)
11: History of european Monarchies and war

try beat that! :)

How nice, to read that someone in Brazil red the book of our late queen Wilhelmina, or didnt you read it?:flowers:

I have not read yet. Unfortunately, I have no condition of buying one by internet, it's expensive for me because of the freight. And here (Brazil), I bet that no one has this book. But one day I hope I'll have. :flowers:

I OWN 22!!
try beat that! :)
Priest008, there are many members of the Forums who could very easily "beat that". However, it's not a competition.

I have collected quite a few biographies of Princess Grace & the Monaco Royal family over the years. I can only read in English so I've had to pass on a few (those without a sizeable amount of photos!) I just made a rough count, & including a few "coffee table " photography type books, I have about 40 - probably about half of these are full biographies

Several hundred........my favorites are the Diana 'picture' books from the early '80s.

Way too many to count & they are spread out across two states :D. I have most of them with me here in Colorado, but I think I left a few back at my parent's home. Most of the books I own are about royalty or are about history.

I'm afraid to tell you that I just built a new room all built in shelving for the Royalty/Jewels/Gardens books. Royalty in the middle with Jewels on one side and Gardens on the other. It has a nice tranition with Royal Gardens and Royal Jewels. I acquire books at an alarming rate, though on ebay (I buy many Mixed Lots) and Amazon, not at retail in this economy.

I currently have over 2,000 books in my library, plus 12 boxes that are still packed away. (My family loves books and there are ALOT that go back 3 to 4 generations.) I have approximately 60 to 70 that are about royalty, be it fiction or nonfiction. My largest collection is cookbooks, some going back to the late 18th century, very treasured! Second largest is Bibles, used by my ancestors, and some older ones that were given to me as gifts. As you can guess, I am a big collector of books, and cant seem to part with any.

I have 450 books since i was seven years old. And i am interested in buy a book of prince haakon magnus but i cant to find it. Can help me? Thank you.

I only have Diana by Sarah Bradford but I want to get more I just never find the time to go out looking for more since I'm busy with school.

Oh crikey - I dread to think how many. As a 13 year old I had a whole wall in my room with shelves full of Royal books (one of my friends in later life wondered whether I was the only teenage boy whose Christmas list started with 'Queen Mary's Photograph Albums').

I have slowed down, but as well as the shelves groaning in my house, there are boxes under my bed and the spare bed, and still a few boxes in my parents' loft. I dread to think - 500 perhaps?

Does that represent obsession?

Remember the old Calvin Klien ad...'Between love and madness lies obsession'? So...maybe...but then me too! ;-P

I have abou 25 or thirty. I just orders some great books on moday and will post titles later. Anyone want to sell any?!! :)

wow, some a you have really a lot, you must have a big house! i have books not all in my house some still at my mother place! i have a lot of princess for kids for my daughter and i do't know where else to put the books! my mother still having from the family from several generations, from the 1700s, they are beutifu and in old danish! but i would love to have a faboulous library!

I have three new one that I just got in the mail. Wanted to know if anyone has read them and what they think.

Crowned in a far country- HRH Princess Micheal of Kent
This one has everyone from Catherine the Great to Alexandra of Russia

Princess Louise, Queen Victorias Unconventional Daughter- Jehanne Wake
I have never seen a book about her. I am going to start this one tonight. Cant wait!

The Last Courts of Europe--Jeffery Finestone
I have looked through this one and the picture are amazing! I wish I could post them on here fpr everyone to see. It has picture of every royal family, including Scandinavia, the lesser German States and The Balkans. It really looks good as far as pictures go.

Today I finally got my first book: Grace Kelly - The secret lives of a princess by James Spada.

I have three new one that I just got in the mail. Wanted to know if anyone has read them and what they think.

Crowned in a far country- HRH Princess Micheal of Kent
This one has everyone from Catherine the Great to Alexandra of Russia

Princess Louise, Queen Victorias Unconventional Daughter- Jehanne Wake
I have never seen a book about her. I am going to start this one tonight. Cant wait!

The Last Courts of Europe--Jeffery Finestone
I have looked through this one and the picture are amazing! I wish I could post them on here fpr everyone to see. It has picture of every royal family, including Scandinavia, the lesser German States and The Balkans. It really looks good as far as pictures go.

I read the Princess Louise book a while back and remember enjoying it. I think I got it from a library because I only read it once. I hadn't realised that she really didn't have all that happy a married life.

Must look out for the Finestone book; it sounds very interesting!

Must look out for the Finestone book; it sounds very interesting!
It's not bad because of it's coverage of the less well-reported Courts. The actual content of the book lies more in the photo captions than in the text itself. Robert K Massie has written a very lengthy introduction on the nature of European monarchy with subsections on the "Saxe-Coburg-Windsors", Habsburgs, Hohenzollerns and Romanovs. A lot of effort has gone into finding the numerous photos, and that is probably the book's greatest appeal. Many of the pics have since found their way onto the internet.

I have around 500 books about royalty mostly UK but some european royals and a few asia. Most are about EIIR and her family and I have a few which are over 100 years old

I am amazed by all of the books some people have! I probably only have about 15 royal books, but the library is growing!

3 about Diana, 4 about other European royal families, total 7

I´ve got THOUSANDS. What is very annoying as I am running out of space and out of time to read them all!!!!
I am a compulsive buyer and I even buy royal books in languages I cannot read (like Greek, German, Danish, etc).
I started collecting in the 1970s when I could rad only in Portuguese and French. Now I can read in Spanish, English and Italian also and I am very proud of my library of books in so many languages. It has become a vice..............

I have a few book (about 20 or 30), specially about the Shah of Iran and Pahlavi Family, but I have also a biography about Nicolas II and Fabergé Eggs, other about the wedding between King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia and the book by Vincent Meylan "Queen Jewels".

Regards!

I think I've got 3 - one is the companion book to the BBC's 2006 series 'Monarchy: the Royal Family at Work', the second one is about Crown Princess of Mary of Denmark and the third one is about the Prince Charles-Jospeh de Ligne,a nobleman in the court of the Holy Roman/Austrian empires

I have four books about the english royal family and the Queen, the memoirs of the Duke of Windsor, one about the Romanovs, one about Queen Elizabeth I. and every book I can get about Lord Louis Mountbatten :)

HOw many do I have? Too many according to Mr. Russo but not as many as AGRBear. . . .:whistling:

Back
Top Bottom