Historical British Royalty: Biographies and Histories

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Henry VII- a concise history of the 1st Tudor King

Hi, I have just written a concise history about Henry VII and histenuous claim to the throne leading to the Tudor dynasty which ruled for 118 years. It is only 1400 words long so it should not take to long to read. You can find the link here King Henry VII

Its hard to believe that there's so little written about Henry III given the lenght of his reign,I will look out for this biography!

Attachments

• Elfrida.jpg
    Elfrida.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 906
Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Ælfthryth, as in the wife of Edgar & a queen who's reputation suffered greatly for posterity!

Sound interesting!

I enjoy a good royal biography as much as I enjoy a cup of Earl Grey :tea:
I do love to read crime fiction as well. And when I am in a romantic mood, I choose Barbara Cartland. Agatha and Barbara are my favourite authors.

This presentation is lovely, the book should be on my list for Christmas! :flowers:

Margaret Douglas, Countess of Lennox biographies

Margaret Douglas, Countess of Lennox biographies

The Other Tudor Princess: Margaret Douglas, Henry VIII's Niece by Mary McGrigor

New biography on Lady Margaret Douglas set for release in January 2015.

The Other Tudor Princess: Margaret Douglas, Henry VIII’s Niece: Mary McGrigor: 9780750961233: Amazon.com: Books

51tYPrcLCfL._SY300_.jpg

Last edited:
Alison Weir's next biography 'The Lost Tudor Princess: The Life of Margaret Douglas, Countess of Lennox' will be released in October 2015 as per Amazon.co.uk

Books by Alison Weir

THank you for the information as after reading about the War of the Roses, I've been fascinated by this family.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2...w-joanna-marschner-caroline-augusta-charlotte

"An book, edited by Joanna Marschner, considers the progressive initiatives of three 18th-century princesses. All three were German princesses who married into the ruling british royal family. First came Caroline of Ansbach, the queen consort of George II , then Augusta of Saxe-Gotha, who was married to Frederick prince of Wales and finally Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz, the long-suffering wife of poor George III."

Back
Top Bottom