"Grace - An Intimate Portrait" by Howell Conant

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
An amazing photo indeed!! But she appears to have Some make-up on such as abit of eyebrow pencil and definately some lip color. Conant is not about to tell all of her secrets! Whatever, with or without make-up, Grace was just an exquisite beauty.

In my opinion All of Grace's features were perfection!

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course she had beautiful blue eyes,but in my opinion, her most beautiful feature ,was her nose.
I agree with you,but the nose was extremely beautiful:flowers:

Grace had such a lovely face. If she had a fault it might have been a rather square jaw line, but I think she was probably one of the most delicately beautiful women I've ever seen.

And if you compare her to another beauty, Princess Diana, it makes you appreciate them for their differences. Diana was very asymmetrical, her eyes were quite different in size and her nose leaned to one side with that awful bump. (I make her sound quite awful.) But I think it was Diana's personality that made her beautiful.

Grace had an aura of serenity which I find very attractive, but I think she was a much more classical beauty, with fewer "flaws". It's a shame we never got to see Grace and Diana age. I am sure they would have been great inspirations to us ladies.

A beautifully written post, iowabelle, and one in which I totally agree with. You brought up the qualities of Grace and what made her such a great beauty..both inside and out.
I really don't think that anyone can compare Grace's beauty to Diana's as they are so different. Diana was young, fresh, and innocent and just cried out for a make-over. She rose to the 'challenge' and then some! She was not a classic beauty but was tall, long legs to die for, and just wore clothes like no-one else could, and managed to look like everyone would have Wished to look. She was modern, whereas Grace was Hollywood. One could relate to Diana in more ways, perhaps.
I for one, would give anything to have seen both as they aged...We were able to see more of Grace and she remained regal and beautiful to the end. Diana, if only.....

I really like this book. He took some amazing pictures of her particularly if I remember right ( although it's been some eight years since I've seen a copy of this book) some pictures of her in a black (?) dress in the book and also the pictures of her in the water.

I like the book of Howell Conant, he was a pro cameraman. Howell often said that Grace was beautiful in each angles, especially Grace's eyes. Peeping in her eyes you could see everything, what sort of a person Grace was - funny, lovely, tender and, of course, very beautiful.
I love most of all photos of Grace in the water as she is so natural and beautiful at the same time, without any pretence.
I could say that this book was made with the openhearted sense.

Howell Conant described Grace's best feature was her luminous skin, which couldn't be completely captured on camera (esp. black and white). If Grace had one flaw, it would have been that her jawline/face shape a little bit square. That's why his portraits of Grace were at a 3/4 angle and not straight on.

Some of the best photos ever taken of Grace in my opinion were those ones in the water.

Yes, it's true. She was a pro model, as felt suitable moments for shooting.

does anyone have the grace howell conant book with the colour cover not the black and white, as i would like to know if there is any difference as i have the black and white cover version, i have seen some pics which are ment to be from the colour covered version of grace in jamaica wearing a short black dress/skirt which are not in my version of the book, can anyone clear this up before i pay for the colour covered book.

thanks in adavance,

also thanks to all the posters of the wondefull pictures many of which are new to me.

I find it interesting that the cover to the colour edition is a picture that doesn't feature in the black/silver colour version - does this mean there are more photos from the same session in the later edition?

here is a link to what i refer to if anyone can help,

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/f95/grace-kelly-4010-507.html

please scroll down to POST # 7592

under the book cover it shows colour pics of grace in black short dress from the jamaica shoot, now these pics are not in the version of the book i have, can anyone confirm that these pics are in the new coloured cover version of the grace book.

any help would be truly gratefull as it is rather expensive to buy the book only to find out it is just the cover that is different.

cheers

There is one great photo in that book from the charade night, it shows Grace bowing but it's of her neck and back.I have it in the Life magazine form, but my scanner is dead (really).It's SUCH a beautiful picture, wish I could share it with you all somehow!

Thank you for these, SatineCharm. The link works just fine. I can't say that I am too impressed with the first photo, however. I think she is trying a little too hard to look sexy and it just doesn't suit her, imho. I also do not like her hair so dark...

I have never seen the such beautiful shoots of Grace Kelly. I'm impressed by the photos what I have seen. Grace doesn't need to be a model of perfection as she was herself by birthh.
I must admit Howell Conant was a great photogragher!:flowers:
Thanks to him, nowadays we can see the most beautiful photos of Grace Kelly as an actress and as a Princess of Monaco, he was a Grimaldi's family photogragher!:previous:

Ooh, thanks for sharing those pics. I'll definitely be adding this book to my to buy list.

Grace did have a facial flaw . When she smiled she had frown lines around her mouth that were more than dimples they were like wrinkles and Caro has inherited these.They extended deeply into her cheeks without ruining the overall effect but they became more and more noticeable as she aged and her forehead could have been just a bit bigger.

Back
Top Bottom