The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-19-2008, 11:37 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by asturiana View Post
Yes, this is a very strange story .
But what kind of story could we expect from BILD, one of the worst gossip rags available?

Old 09-19-2008, 11:58 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinigirl View Post
But what kind of story could we expect from BILD, one of the worst gossip rags available?
You're right .

Old 09-19-2008, 04:43 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Well, is the story made up by BILD or is it actually written down in the book of the count?
Old 09-20-2008, 09:50 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Well, is the story made up by BILD or is it actually written down in the book of the count?
I guess most of it written down like that in the book, but I think the storys got a bit "fluffed-up" especially for BILD.
After all he would like to sell his book
Old 09-20-2008, 10:44 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

There's another story in the Bild with an interview by the same author. He remarks on the eccentricity of the royals particularly the British royals. Some of the stories were previously in the British press but there wasn't the fascination with odd behavior that this author has.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 09-24-2008, 05:43 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I'm afraid this utter rubish!
In the second articel, which is linked above, the got already the basic informations wrong. He tells that Queen Margrethe in the summer of 2004 has invited Princesses and noble women, and introduced them to Frederik..., but he was not interested and married Mary.
Later he mentions a Crownprincess which tried several times to sneak away to the airport, and to escape to her homeland. By no stretch of imagination I can image Princess Maxima or Mary doing something like that.

In the first episode, the talks about meeting Queen Elizabeth at the occasion of Princes Edwards wedding.
I may be wrong but I believe the story is just a re-tell of an old legend about Queen Sofia (then Princess Sofia). It was speculated that when her children were still very young (Felipe was, if I remember correctly, about 4 or 5), she wanted to walk out of the marriage with Juan Carlos. So she presumably took the children to return to Greece but was stopped by the security guards in the airport, who made it clear that while she was free to go wherever she wanted, her children would not go with her.

I will try to find the book I've read this in, although I'm under the impression it was repeated in more then one place.

Not that I ever believed this rumour myself, I just wanted to clarify the mistery of the airport princess.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:43 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandamrgt View Post
I may be wrong but I believe the story is just a re-tell of an old legend about Queen Sofia (then Princess Sofia). It was speculated that when her children were still very young (Felipe was, if I remember correctly, about 4 or 5), she wanted to walk out of the marriage with Juan Carlos. So she presumably took the children to return to Greece but was stopped by the security guards in the airport, who made it clear that while she was free to go wherever she wanted, her children would not go with her.

I will try to find the book I've read this in, although I'm under the impression it was repeated in more then one place.

Not that I ever believed this rumour myself, I just wanted to clarify the mistery of the airport princess.
I only thought about todays crownprincesses from abroad....
But maybe you are right, and he is talking about Queen Sofia or, another possiblity, Queen Paola. Everyone knows that her marriage to Albert was in trouble many years ago, and she was kind of a crownprincess, too.

IMO, the whole book is rubbish, BILD is the kind of rag which won't publish something from a respectable book
Old 09-27-2008, 12:37 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
In the first episode, the talks about meeting Queen Elizabeth at the occasion of Princes Edwards wedding.
I think at last this is true. There where a few descendants of Prince Philip's sisters present at the Wedding. His wife is Princess Irina of Hesse a granddaughter of Philip's youngest sister Sophie and her first husband Prince Christoph of Hesse. Alexander and irina married in may 1999 a few weeks before Edward and Sophie.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 09-27-2008, 01:29 PM
Administrator

Count Alexander and Princess Irina were most certainly at the Wessex wedding. They are in the official wedding photograph standing in the back row next to Lady Sarah Chatto. There were also three Hohenlohe-Langenburg cousins and the late Prince Georg of Hanover. Curiously, there were no Badens present.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:

Maria Teresa would be my first idea. At least I remember such a story. The reason was her horrible relationship to her mother-in-law. Unfortunatly I cannot find a link as proof. Any ideas?
Old 09-27-2008, 06:16 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I only thought about todays crownprincesses from abroad....
But maybe you are right, and he is talking about Queen Sofia or, another possiblity, Queen Paola. Everyone knows that her marriage to Albert was in trouble many years ago, and she was kind of a crownprincess, too.

IMO, the whole book is rubbish, BILD is the kind of rag which won't publish something from a respectable book
Rubbish? Oh no, it is a brilliant parody, a very funny read. Had to laugh so and so often. This guy certainly knows how to wrap and sell his information. View it as good comedy and you'll have plenty of fun
Old 10-08-2008, 01:19 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

For those who understand German, BILD/ Alexander Schönburg made a small quiz, look here. In the picture he looks a lot like his nephew Albrecht TuT btw.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

RUDOLF - Affaire Mayerling

I don't know if it is the right place here.

During my vacation in Vienna I have seen that there is a new musical about the life of Crown Prince Rudolf of Austria.

Here is the link with further information.

Vereinigte Bühnen Wien - Produktionen - Aktuell - AKTUELL - RUDOLF - Affaire Mayerling
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:53 PM

Coats of Arms and Titles of the aristocracy of Germanic middle Europe

I don't know If this Is the right place to put this.

I am looking for books or websites on Coats of Arms and Titles of the aristocracy of Germanic middle Europe, mainly for the 19th century onward.
Any help Is appreciated.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Perhaps this topic, Royal Standards and Coats of Arms, could aid you in your research.

Good luck
Old 07-05-2009, 12:18 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:

Sorry, but I find this story simply stupid.

When Felipe was 4 or 5 years old (1972/1973) the Greek Royal Family was in the exile.

Regards!
Old 07-05-2009, 07:41 PM
Aristocracy

quote Pumpkin ..... Elisabeth. Kaiserin wider Willen by Brigitte Hamann" if you speak German. It's about 600 pages,.... end quote

600 pages about Eliz of Austria... sounds
wonderful to me.... wish there was an English
translation !
Old 07-06-2009, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post
Perhaps this topic, Royal Standards and Coats of Arms, could aid you in your research.

Good luck
That Is an excellent thread, thanks.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Perhaps she wanted to go to London then

Quote:
Originally Posted by espejor View Post
Sorry, but I find this story simply stupid.

When Felipe was 4 or 5 years old (1972/1973) the Greek Royal Family was in the exile.

Regards!
Old 07-07-2009, 05:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

In the bavarian town Vohburg an der Donau has its "Agnes-Bernauer-Festspiele" again. It is a play about the life of Agnes Bernauer, the wife of Duke Albrecht III of Bavaria.

Agnes - Bernauer - Festspiele 2009 in Vohburg an der Donau

I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.