"Game of Crowns: Elizabeth, Camilla, Kate & the Throne" by Christopher Andersen (2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sun Lion

Heir Presumptive
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
"Game of Crowns: Elizabeth, Camilla, Kate & the Throne" by Christopher Andersen (2016

A new book by Christopher Andersen, who authored "William and Kate: A Royal Love Story".

In both books he relates the period of her life when the Duchess of Cambridge was "kind of addicted" to baring her uncovered bottom out the school window towards the boy's dormitory.

Poor Catherine.

True or not, exaggerated, ("ninety times"), or not - this is now a part of the history of her teenage years.

Last edited:
I've just bought the book on Kindle. However, there are at least three inaccuracies that I've noticed already and I'm only a few pages in (wrong ages for Queen and for Charles at the Coronation and apparently there was a commoner Queen called Anne Hyde! ) If Mr Andersen can't get facts right that can be Googled (and that people at the publishers should have picked up on) I don't hold out much hope for the rest of the book. I have a feeling it's a cut and paste job, a trawl through the British tabloids of the past ten years.

It's a shame you bought the book. You are contributing to the problem. This man is the worst of the trolls who write lies and call it reporting. They just repeat lies just to sell their trash.

I have bought the book Game of Crowns on Kindle for a few Australian dollars. I was curious to see how mr Andersen approached things Royal and my suspicions were confirmed.

I have dozens of books on British and European royalty, from the medieval period onwards, and ranging from the excellent to the ridiculous, the dull to the gossipy. As I wrote before, this author has been trawling the British tabloids for copy.

Last edited:
Did you see him on NBC? I posted the video in The Monarchy under Charles thread. It was like reading The Globe (the crazy US newspaper).

Game of Crowns

Has anyone read this book yet?
I've just started and have learned very interesting things I did not know before.

(Kind of a hatchet-job on Camilla, though).

I've been really busy so I'm only in the middle but I just think it's riddled with errors caused by sloppy editing, incidents that the author seems to have culled from books and newspapers, and he is very, very pro Diana. I say this as a confirmed Diana fan! So no, I'm not very impressed I'm afraid.

Game of Crowns

There's a thread on this book in the Royal Library I believe. Can't link as I'm on my mobile.

It's a shame you bought the book. You are contributing to the problem. This man is the worst of the trolls who write lies and call it reporting. They just repeat lies just to sell their trash.

I didn't buy it, just got it from the library.
Some of it is interesting; most books about the RF have inaccuracies.

Has anyone read this book yet?
I've just started and have learned very interesting things I did not know before.

(Kind of a hatchet-job on Camilla, though).

Do tell what interesting things did you learn?

I believe this book is suppose to be fiction so maybe the new things are just fiction.

Are not all books hatchet jobs on Camilla?

His books aren't good and I haven't bothered to read one about Kate in years because they are hollow. The people writing the book a really have no information at all and the speculation is ridiculous. I think the last one I read was by Katie Nichol, and from college graduation to the engagement there is nothing to tell.

I'm sorry to say this but I tried to read this piece of pond slime - waste of $2 reserve fee from the public library. I couldn't finish it as About 1/3rd of its cut and pasted from "after Diana" and the rest is mostly speculation about how much of a unpopular King Charles will be and how he can't wait for the queen to die blah blah blah ...

Given the fact that Andersen has a very compelling writing style (the one good thing I will say for his 'reporting' as far as it can be called that) maybe he should consider a switch to fiction - pretty much all of the book is made up anyway, it would just be a bit more, oh what's that term .... honest?

Andersen does have a nice flow when he writes but as already stated he doesn't let facts get in the way of a good story.

The sad part about books like this is that there are people out there that buy it, read it and then actually believe it and will insist to their dying day that because they read this drivel, its gospel truth.

I can picture Andersen cackling greedily as he makes hefty deposits in his bank account. :bang:

Andersen does have a nice flow when he writes but as already stated he doesn't let facts get in the way of a good story.

I wouldn't have bothered with it as all but I stared reading a sample, and I simply could not help myself...

I bought it on Kindle for a few dollars soon after it came out, because I was curious. It's full of errors, not just speculation, but errors of fact, like dates, reigns etc. The rest of it seems to be cut and paste, as if the author had done a quick trawl through tabloids of the past thirty odd years.

I don't know why Andersen decided it should be written, quite frankly. Short of money, owed the publisher a favour, thought he would get in first in case the Queen dies soon? It just seems very odd!

Last edited:
I can't wait for Andersens next opus "forbidden love: Diana and JFK Jr. The untold story of their great passion".... ;)

Back
Top Bottom