The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-21-2007, 05:07 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

For those interested in the Dutch RF and who not speak Dutch there is some good news: Drs. Aernout van Cruyningen has written a book about the Dutch RF and its history in English. The book is called ´The Dutch Royal Family´ and can be ordered at van Hoogstraten bookshop in The Hague. For more information you can look at the website of Mr. van Cruyningen, here.

Old 08-22-2007, 11:51 AM
Serene Highness

Great news! Thank you, can you actually buy these books living here in the USA?

Old 08-22-2007, 02:13 PM
Administrator

You can become a member of the site, and after that it will go like amazon etc, I believe. They will probably mail it to your adress. But I am not a member so I am not sure.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:37 PM

Dutch Royal Family Book Purchase

Hi - I went to the site for this book and registered. But it asks you to confirm your order before it tells you what the shipping costs are going to be! I can't see on this site how you can find the shipping costs before you commit to buy..........???
Lady Katharine
Old 09-14-2007, 08:31 AM
Administrator

I actually have no idea. But it shouldn't be a shocking amount, probably a few Euro's. If you want to know the exact amount you might want to contact the bookshop, though I don't see am email adress, there is a fax number.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:45 AM
Serene Highness

I recently bought the guide to the dutch royal family and they gave me the cost before I confirmed the order. I had to pay through paypal first though before they sent me the book. I also think they give you an email address in regards to your order.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:33 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
I actually have no idea. But it shouldn't be a shocking amount, probably a few Euro's. If you want to know the exact amount you might want to contact the bookshop, though I don't see am email adress, there is a fax number.
At the bottom left under "Information" it says "contact us",click and you can e-mail from there.

"van Hoogstraten" absolutely is THE bookshop to go/order.Wonderfull family/people,almost old world charm and kindness.
I can highly recommend them for all orders/information on any Royal related books.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:51 AM
Serene Highness

A new book has apparently come out or will come out about the family Orange. This is the website where there is info but in Dutch.

Familie van Oranje
Old 10-31-2007, 01:02 PM

I went online and registered an account for van Hoogstraten Bookshop - payment required is by Paypal - forgive my ignorance, but is that the same as just using a credit card?

Thanks in advance.
Susanne
Old 10-31-2007, 01:48 PM
Serene Highness

No they take money out of your bank account. That way they are sure they get the money.
Old 11-05-2007, 01:36 PM
Nobility

Books about dutch royals:

van Hoogstraten Online Shop
Old 03-15-2008, 03:34 PM
Courtier

Royalblog.nl has an article on an upcoming book over Maxima, called "Het fenomeen Maxima - De vrouw, de icoon, the koningin in spe" (The Maxima Phenomenon - The woman, the icon, the queen in...).

The author is Piet Lekkerkerk, and according to my humble capability of understanding Dutch, it will be released around Maxima's birthday (May 17th). Apparently, it is only available in Dutch. Royalblog also has a picture of its cover.

Het fenomeen Maxima, Lekkerkerk, P. - Van Stockum

Q.: What does "spe" means? I couldn't find it.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:10 PM
Administrator

In spe means something like in the future or in the making.

Considering it is in paperback and the author and publisher aren't that well-known I wonder what kind of book it will be. Not another picture book with some sugary texts around I hope, as we had our fair share of that last year (Maxima 5 years Princess of The Netherlands and such).
Old 03-18-2008, 04:51 AM
Majesty

The author is Piet Lekkerkerk,the man of "Vorsten Royale" as it is called these days...
Old 03-20-2008, 11:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
In spe means something like in the future or in the making.

Considering it is in paperback and the author and publisher aren't that well-known I wonder what kind of book it will be. Not another picture book with some sugary texts around I hope, as we had our fair share of that last year (Maxima 5 years Princess of The Netherlands and such).
Thanks Marengo,

Without reading it I foresee that it is more of the same old books on Maxima. After all, what else can you say right now that hasn't been said for her 5th anniversary as a Princess, for instance? Maybe it includes an update on the subject of the Dutch identity and Maxima's words about it... theories about her access to the throne and when will this happen ... the current state of her popularity in the Netherlands and such.

Nothing new, I presume. I hope I am wrong...
Old 05-28-2008, 01:44 PM
Commoner

There is a new book, only in dutch, from Piet Lekkerkerk "Het fenomeen Maxima, De vrouw, de icoon, de koningin in spe".

Does someone read it ?
Old 06-24-2008, 09:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Its a shame so many of the books are only in the mother tongue of the princess in question. I came across one about Maxima at a book sale a few weeks back but of course it was in Dutch which I dont speak a word of, and the way I figured it I already had most of the pictures saved to disc anyway, so as a student I didnt feel i could justify the money...