The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-29-2005, 08:03 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Yes I agree. Jayne Fincher's book is absolutely beautiful. She was on Oprah several years ago when the book came out and Oprah gave it out to her audience.
I love all the photographs.

Old 07-04-2005, 11:18 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine
does anyone have a good bio on Diana?
After pouring through family trees this weekend, I can say that the late Diana, Princess of Wales and Margrethe II of Denmark share the same set of 11x GreatGrandparents. As I'm descended from Harold I "Bluetooth" Blaatand, it's understandable that when younger I looked more like Diana but now I tend to look like Margrethe II....If anyone would like help tracing blueblood ancestors....feel free to contact me.

...those wings do fly her high above as a blessing on those who gave their love.
Old 07-06-2005, 06:52 PM
Commoner

"Diana - The Last Word" by Simone Simmons

What is your opinion about Ms.Simmone Simon's new book and her revelations about Diana?As for me I think it is really bad.She writes about a supposed one night stand with JFK jr.and how Diana rated him in bed.Really rather sad.Those two are dead and people would still write of them in such a way.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

I haven´t read it yet, but I ordered it earlier this week and it should be on its way.

I have read her other book and I liked it. It was full with "real" and detailed events from Dianas life, not just the ordinary "In 1993 Diana felt sad..."
Old 07-10-2005, 08:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueline28
Those two are dead and people would still write of them in such a way.
I agree, what ever happened to respecting the dead isnt it. But i guess they were two massive world icons and i guess its only natural for people to still talk about people like Diana and JFK, but there must be some levels of respect.
Old 08-11-2005, 02:59 AM
Gentry

Two more books to add

Hope this doesn't go through twice - when I tried to send the message it went blank for a moment. Anyway - would like to add two books for anyone interested in astrology and/or the psychic field: One book is by a lady I know quite well, Penny Thornton. It's called With Love, From Diana and it's about her long association with Diana as her astrologer. It's a fascinating and insightful book. The other book (sorry for mentioning myself but it IS one of my favorites!) is a book I co-wrote with my fiance and longtime writing partner, psychic/medium Kenny Kingston. It's called I Still Talk To... and while it's not solely about Diana, there's a long chapter about her and Kenny's psychic experiences when she was alive, and his spirit contact with her later. Details about the Ritz Hotel, whether the crash was an accident, etc. There's also a chapter about his client, the Duchess of Windsor -- with a tie-in to Diana. Just thought these two books might be a change of pace.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:10 AM

Sammy, I am an avid Royal book collector too. Some of my absolute favorites are Tim Graham's. He has put out a lot of books, and he used to put our one every year. I was just wondering if by chance you have any of his, they are really a joy.
Old 08-20-2005, 05:42 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yennie
Diana: the portrait
by Rosalind Coward

"Here, for the first time, is the Diana that many of those closest to her knew. Written with the full cooperation of the late princess's estate, Diana: The Portrait tells Diana's story through her own words and the words of people, both famous, and, until now, unknown. Beautifully designed, it is a lavishly illustrated with nearly 500 images of Diana, including many pictures never previously published, taken from sources including the Spencer family archive, the Althorp Museum, the Diana, Princess of Wales Memorial Fund archive, and the private collections of the friends, charities, and individuals whose lives she touched. Drawing on over 200 original interviews, including those of family members and friends, many of whom have never spoken before, this remarkable book will stand as a unique and lasting testament to the life and work of one of the extraordinary and enduring icons of the 20th century"

www.amazon.com

yennies comment: I haven´t read this one. But its sounds interesting!
I own this book and several others on this site: I highly recommend the above book--it had pictures and stories I didn't even know!!

Jayne Fincher's book is absolutely beautiful!! I also can get a good price on it working for a major bookstore chain!!:p

Jayne Fincher also did a book in 1991 called the "Illustrated Fashion Guide of the Princess of Wales". I highly recommend this book. It takes Diana from pre-engagement to 1990!! You see all the wonderful clothes and the amazing transformation!
Old 08-20-2005, 06:22 PM
Heir Apparent

im hope i will get buy more Princess Diana books really soon! but i cant wait to reat that books but i like to buy from amazon or B&N whatever what i wanted it!

Sara Boyce
Old 09-12-2005, 05:56 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

New "tell all" book about Diana

Max Clifford has written a book called Read All About It to be published in September. I'm not sure who Clifford is, but he must be someone involved in newspapers and tabloids.

He claims that James Hewitt met Diana in 1981, before the wedding, and the pair became friends, then lovers. By late 1984 Hewitt was concerned that information about the relationship was getting into the press (Harry of course was born in September 1984). (This of course will cause more Harry rumors.)

Max claims that he confirmed for one of Diana's friends in the late 80s that Charles was continuing his affair with Camilla.

Among other revelations: Diana had a relationship with a young American medical student at the same time she had the romance with Hasnat Khan.

This Clifford must be a Dominick Dunne-type character, knows everyone and everything! All I gotta say is
Old 09-12-2005, 07:06 PM
Administrator

How come no one will let Princess Diana rest in peace!
Old 09-12-2005, 07:23 PM
Courtier

Angry

As long as there's $$$$$$$ to be made, there will be these kind of exploitative "revealing" books allegedly telling all about Diana. Since she's not here to defend herself I really think it's totally tasteless for these "insiders" to drag her personal failures and problems through the mud in public. I know Diana was far from perfect in many aspects of her life but she left behind two sons who have to endure these periodic post-mortems of their mother's intimate life. That is what really gripes me.
Old 09-12-2005, 08:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Nice guy:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1485789.stm
Old 09-12-2005, 09:26 PM
Royal Highness

The sad part is, people still believe this. He looks like his father in many ways with his facial expressions.

The red hair is a Spencer trait. People tend to forget children have equally both sets of genes...royal or not.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:33 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade
The sad part is, people still believe this. He looks like his father in many ways with his facial expressions.

The red hair is a Spencer trait. People tend to forget children have equally both sets of genes...royal or not.
I am sure this has been hashed over to death, but I think that both boys look like the Spencers. When William was young, he looked very much like Diana's father... and now he resembles Diana. I'm not sure who little Harry looked like (and what a cute little guy he was), but in 1997 he certainly looked like his aunt Sarah!

IMO neither of them have Windsor stamped all over their features.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

not another "tell all" book. I yearn for the day when "all" will finally have been told, and people will stop writing these silly books.

James Hewitt himself has admitted in interviews that his relationship with Diana did not begin until after Harry's birth. He's such a fame-whore that if he could get away with hinting Harry was actually his son I'm sure he'd try.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

BTW, I'm always struck with Harry's strong resemblance to the Duke of Windsor.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	200px-Edward-viii-sm.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	197139   Click image for larger version

Name:	Edward8uk.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	197140  
Old 09-13-2005, 05:09 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle
I am sure this has been hashed over to death, but I think that both boys look like the Spencers. When William was young, he looked very much like Diana's father... and now he resembles Diana. I'm not sure who little Harry looked like (and what a cute little guy he was), but in 1997 he certainly looked like his aunt Sarah!

IMO neither of them have Windsor stamped all over their features.

Harry looks like Lady Sarah's son George. Both William and Harry look like the Spencers (Thank God). I would have felt so bad if those boys ended up with the ears of their father!! Even Her Majesty commented at the time of William's birth "Thank God he doesn't have the ears of his father."

It is great that the Spencer English blood and genes have passed to William and Harry. William will have the most English descent in a King for centuries. The Spencer blood also gives William the one line of Royal blood the current family does not have in a great abundance--The Stuarts. While 5 out of 6 of Diana's Stuart ancestors were born "on the wrong side of the blanket", it still gives William the blood line.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:34 PM
Royal Highness

Too many years of inbreeding is what caused certain physical characteristics in the older generation of royals to be...how shall I say...not especially attractive.

Thank god for the infusion of commoner blood. That is the why the Queen's grandchildren are all so good looking.

At least the British aristocracy can no longer refer to royal family as "those Germans" as they had in the past.

Another author trying to cash in on the Princess's name and fame....still a sick tragedy.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think Harry favors Diana's brother Charles. In some photos they look very much alike.

It is very sad that all books about Diana have to so mean and tear her down. It must do wonders on Will and Harry. I know if people were writting those things about my mother I would be so angry and upset I would cry forever. I tried to think that if I was close to her, I would want to tell everyone how wonderful she was, but writting a book with such material is pathetic. especially since no one can deny anything.

according to website about him from Elspeth, he seems like someone who likes attention and would do anything for admiration.