The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-12-2010, 03:00 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattep74 View Post
There is a strong possiblity of Victoria becoming queen before 2012
Really? Do you think the King would abdicate because of this?

Old 11-12-2010, 03:12 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmerelda View Post
Really? Do you think the King would abdicate because of this?
I have coworkers that say that to save the monarchy he might have to. There is also the japanese version of saving ones face, seppuku

Old 11-12-2010, 03:28 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
There are a number of things I don't understand in this:

Why didnt Säpo (Swedish security police) warn the king against going to a nightclub owned by a known suspect person?
Isn't it the job of Säpo to advise the king in such matters?
If it was fairly well known that the king frequented that nightclub, why didn't the Swedish government advise the king against it?
(The head of Säpo would, in my opinion, have failed miserably if he didn't inform his minister).
Isn't it the job of the government to protect the king? Also from himself?

Did the king ignore all such advise?
very likely. at times people think that they are untouchable. advice can be given but ignored. he is the king after all. i have followed the SRF for many years and i have always thought that CG was fairly ignorant, even towards his family.

and on another note, those who could or would have given advice to the king might have mingled in the same circles
Old 11-12-2010, 03:28 PM
Courtier

Poor Queen Silivia....
Old 11-12-2010, 03:35 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I have coworkers that say that to save the monarchy he might have to. There is also the japanese version of saving ones face, seppuku
Well, I guess his 65th birthday may be an excuse to do it.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:54 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

scandal or not, imo CG will only drop dead off the throne. he will survive this, no doubt. and to be honest, on what basis would people think that victoria can do a better job. i dont know how prepared she is and how much pressure she can take, she hasnt even started a family with daniel and will need much more time. as long as CG is alive and kicking i dont see him stepping aside.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:59 PM
Serene Highness

Please, in almost all of the RFs there are affairs like this. In Belgium, in the Dutch RF, Monaco... They all managa to survive without abdication. CG will also manage the survive.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:55 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
scandal or not, imo CG will only drop dead off the throne. he will survive this, no doubt. and to be honest, on what basis would people think that victoria can do a better job. i dont know how prepared she is and how much pressure she can take, she hasnt even started a family with daniel and will need much more time. as long as CG is alive and kicking i dont see him stepping aside.
He was 27 when he got onto the throne and hadnt studied like Victoria. Victoria and he have repeated times said that she has gotten more training than he ever got and iirc he has stated that she is ready to take the throne and do a splendid job if needed.

He didnt start a family until 3 years after he got to the throne
Old 11-12-2010, 05:42 PM
Aristocracy

Dutch media report Camilla admits they had a "hot affair" and she is going to write a book about it ?????

Affaire koning Gustaf blijkt waarheid - Privé | Het laatste Privé nieuws leest u op Prive.nl van De Telegraaf [prive]
Old 11-12-2010, 06:59 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
There are a number of things I don't understand in this:

Why didnt Säpo (Swedish security police) warn the king against going to a nightclub owned by a known suspect person?
Isn't it the job of Säpo to advise the king in such matters?
If it was fairly well known that the king frequented that nightclub, why didn't the Swedish government advise the king against it?
(The head of Säpo would, in my opinion, have failed miserably if he didn't inform his minister).
Isn't it the job of the government to protect the king? Also from himself?

Did the king ignore all such advise?
You don't tell a King what to do and what not to do in his private life is my guess. That's why. Unwritten rule.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:27 PM
Serene Highness

Camilla Henemark om romansen: Kungen fnissar som ett barn | Svensk Damtidning
Old 11-12-2010, 07:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarlucy View Post
You don't tell a King what to do and what not to do in his private life is my guess. That's why. Unwritten rule.
Well, then they probably should.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:03 PM
Serene Highness

Whether or not he took their advice though would be another matter.
Old 11-13-2010, 01:20 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster View Post
Please, in almost all of the RFs there are affairs like this. In Belgium, in the Dutch RF, Monaco... They all managa to survive without abdication. CG will also manage the survive.
I agree entirely and I seriously doubt the King will step down in favor of Victoria. I do have a question, is the author entirely credible and is it absolutely certain the allegations are true? At another forum, a Swedish journalist reports and knows the Royals stated the author is just a yellow press journalist and the book is absolute trash. I've read some reviews and it's pretty much trashed. Thanks.
Old 11-13-2010, 03:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Do you have any data to support your statements.
No it is just my personal feeling about this.
I feel sorry for Carl Gustav's family. They maybe knew about the King's affair but it must be so horrible to see the whole world writing and talking about your husband's or father's affairs.
Old 11-13-2010, 06:36 PM
Majesty

This is worse than affairs IMO. There's talk of organized crime being involved with setting up the sex parties and the intimidation of people who might have evidence of what had happened during parties and so on. This is very murky ground; and if there's hard evidence that the King willingly participated in any sort of illegal activity, he should abdicate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster View Post
Old 11-13-2010, 06:37 PM
Majesty

They're talking this way in Sweden, then. Is this talk among people who would support the monarchy otherwise?

Quote:
Old 11-14-2010, 05:50 AM
Royal Highness

It obviously all happened (whatever happened at all) at a time when a king could more or less rely on the people involved to be discreet about it. I wonder how many people actually talked to the journalists and how much is just rumour that is now printed. I doubt the king really was a "habitue" when it comes to certain parties - one should not forget that the Scandinavians always had much freer ideas about moral and fun and so it is not even proved that he considered the parties as bad as they are now presented. As for the Mafia-connections: even if they existed, I very much doubt the king was aware of that.

So I only believe a bit of the contents of the book that have been published and I doubt the king was that serious about it. As for queen Silvia: I'm convinced she has known right from the start what kind of man her Carl ist. Remember their first encounter when he looked the beautiful hostess up with a spyglass even though she stood right in front of him? They both laughed about it and it "clicked" but still... shows a bit of the humour of Carl Gustaf when it comes to women and I doubt she minds that much. Only the publicity is very embarrassing for the poor queen -and should not have happened, when you ask me.
Old 11-14-2010, 07:00 AM
Nobility

Check this out at my citys waitinglist for this book in the librarysystem
OPAC 5.6 I pitty nr 40 who will not get hold of the book from the library until sometime around December 2012
Old 11-15-2010, 12:39 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
You are obviously quite delusional if you think that the King is going to kill himself over this (let alone kill himself in the that gruesome fashion).

Victoria has just married her gym teacher and is in no way ready to take over the throne, so I think you will be waiting for a while.

Tags
carl gustav