The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-24-2010, 07:31 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
Camilla Henemark will be interviewed in the German talk show "Lanz" (ZDF) tonight: PPE Agency
König Carl Gustaf: Jetzt beichtet seine Geliebte ALLES! - BUNTE

She claims that she met the king at a private dinner party, close to christmas and that they had mutual friends. Friends that the king knows since he went to school. She calls him charming, sweet, funny etc. She claims that she has a great respect for the queen and that she feels sorry for her (not enough respect to stay home and keep her mouth shut though ). She also said that she is not a prostitute.

It seems that the story is bigger in Germany than in Sweden.

Old 11-24-2010, 07:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
König Carl Gustaf: Jetzt beichtet seine Geliebte ALLES! - BUNTE

She claims that she met the king at a private dinner party, close to christmas and that they had mutual friends. Friends that the king knows since he went to school. She calls him charming, sweet, funny etc. She claims that she has a great respect for the queen and that she feels sorry for her (not enough respect to stay home and keep her mouth shut though ). She also said that she is not a prostitute.

It seems that the story is bigger in Germany than in Sweden.
No, prostitutes tend to be discreet.

Old 11-24-2010, 07:46 AM
Serene Highness

I think (my German is rusty) she also says she wasn't in love with him and that people are furious with her. She was surprised that the affair 'came to light'. I don't understand why she's talking about it now rather than nearly 2 decades before. Is there a link to the full interview? Though I'm not completely sure I want to watch it.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:51 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmerelda View Post
Is there a link to the interview? Though I'm not completely sure I want to watch it.
Skandal im schwedischen Königshaus - Markus Lanz - ZDFmediathek - ZDF Mediathek-

Does the link work?

She doesn't seem to comfortable with the situation, judging from her body language. I suspect she was offered some money to appear.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:54 AM
Serene Highness

Yes, it works, thank you.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:10 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
When they are paid for it. If someone pays better they tend to speak. She got some money from Expressen for the interview, and even though this is ZDF, I don't think she was there "for free".

While I still think that ones private life should be kept private, I don't feel one bit sorry for her or the king. They made their choice and this is what can happen if you have a few old skeletons hanging in your closet.
Old 11-24-2010, 12:32 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarlucy View Post
Who is Camilla Henemark?
For a while she was part of the group Army of lovers in the early 1990ths with Alexander Bard and Jean-Pierre Barda
Old 11-24-2010, 12:33 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Skandal im schwedischen Königshaus - Markus Lanz - ZDFmediathek - ZDF Mediathek-

Does the link work?

She doesn't seem to comfortable with the situation, judging from her body language. I suspect she was offered some money to appear.
More than 20,000 Euros is reported that Expressen payed her
Old 11-24-2010, 02:02 PM
Courtier

As I am German and listened to the link (thanks, Marengo) , I would like to give a hort overview about the messages.

Camilla did not "say" much, she always tried to "talk around" -- maybe because she felt ashamed today, maybe she does not want to say everything, as she seems to intend writing her own book.

In general she said, that she met the king the first time at a party with mutual friends. They talked about daily issues first. Then they met more often -- whereas she never called the king by herself, there was always people in between. It seems, the king called her, when he wanted to see her. She did not give more feedback about this party and how the affair continued, except, that "the 90´s were hot party times with a lot of alcohol". Nevertheless according to her, the king did nothing illegal. She as well as the author of the scandal book were convinced, that the Queen and the Royal Family knew about the affair.
But she made clear 2 times, that she did not join "the other parties" of the king (i.e. the ones in the scandal clubs), as she was no prostitute, she did not receive andy money and during this time she was at the peak of her career, so she did not need any money.
Asked, whether she loved the king, her answer was: he is a very special person, with a lot of humor, she was very impressed and doted about him, but she did not love him, because this requires daily living-together, and this was not what they did.
After the question, whether the affair lasted a year, or longer, she did not give a clear answer (sounded like the affair lasted longer). But she said, she stopped the affair, as more and more people knew about them 2, also some friends of the Royal Couple. And she then wanted to finish the affair, as she had too much respect of the Queen to continue the affair.

The author as well as Camilla said, that they suffered from much negative comments from the (Swedish) people, as most of them feel uncomfortable getting such an inside view of a totally different view of the king .... and a lot of symphathy for the Royal Family. Camilla repeated several times, that she has great respect for the Queen and that she loves the Royal family and watched the Wedding of CP Victoria, crying like a dog, because it was so romantic.

One reaction of the German Moderator, was great, he has asked Camilla (after her praise of Queen Silvia in particular) now you are giving the impression to apply for beatification, all in all, why then you do it, having an affair. She replied, the 90s were different times, a lot of parties and alcohol and she has get rid of this life long time ago and is living a completely differnt live now.

Bye Bine
Old 11-24-2010, 03:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks Bine I saw it too.

There must be something wrong with my speakers, beacuse all I could hear Camilla Henemark say were a lot of poor excuses.

To go on about how much she respect Queen Silvia and the SRF in general, is a lot of nonsense.
If she really did she would keep her mouth shut. She didn't, ergo she does not respect Queen Silvia.
To say otherwise is hypocricy.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:32 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Not any more with every tabloid willing to pay a small fortune for a quick story. I don't see the reason to confirm or deny the story. Unless a particular law was broken, or the author had definitive proof...she could have said Nothing and all of this would have been "alleged."

And I agree, if she respected the Queen she would have kept her mouth shut. But after all, if the King didn't respect his marriage vows...why she be held to a higher standard?

Old 11-24-2010, 04:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Not any more with every tabloid willing to pay a small fortune for a quick story. I don't see the reason to confirm or deny the story. Unless a particular law was broken, or the author had definitive proof...she could have said Nothing and all of this would have been "alleged."

And I agree, if she respected the Queen she would have kept her mouth shut. But after all, if the King didn't respect his marriage vows...why she be held to a higher standard?
That depends on the class of prostitutes.
The really well paid, know it better to be discrete than to earn a quick but after all finite sum of money once. Bad for any future business...

I don't hold the King less responsible for the affair, the difference is that it happened in the 90's and for all I know he may not have had an affair since then. - I know!
However that's between him and his family.

It's the blatant hypocrisy of Camilla Hedemark that annoys me. - And for that matter the authors as well.
The taxpayers have a right to know... Please!

Who is worse? Those who have faults or those who want's to earn money on other people's faults?
Old 11-24-2010, 05:05 PM
Administrator

Well, in the US a lot recent celeb scandals have been with different levels of Ladies of the Night. Not to go way OFF topic. Not sure how it is in Europe.

And I agree to a certain extent about Camilla but let's not forget that the King is Married. Was Camilla married? If so, I would say the same about her. Someone stood before God and promised fidelity. That means you dont get to sleep with other people. If you marriage is not working...get counseling...legally separate or get divorced. Its very black and white but that's how I think about it.

He is the King and if you are going to have affairs try to be a little more discreet so that your wife and/or country doesn't find out.

Old 11-24-2010, 05:06 PM
Courtier

See, this is where I just can't see eye to eye with a lot of people here. My answer to Muhler's question is definitely "those who have faults." I suspect a lot of members would give the other answer. I just can't see how, even if one agrees this should have remained private, it's worse to talk about cheating than it is to be the one cheating.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:08 PM
Administrator

Here's another thought...if you dont' want a scandalous book written about you...don't give people the material to write such a book. Of course, in the King's position a lot could be made up...but then you could denounce it couldn't you?

Of course looking at Phillipe of Belgium...it doesn't hurt to be boring. But Charles of Wales is boring (too me anyway) and he had an affair. Its always the "quiet" ones.

Old 11-24-2010, 05:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Here's another thought...if you dont' want a scandalous book written about you...don't give people the material to write such a book. Of course, in the King's position a lot could be made up...but then you could denounce it couldn't you?

Of course looking at Phillipe of Belgium...it doesn't hurt to be boring. But Charles of Wales is boring (too me anyway) and he had an affair. Its always the "quiet" ones.
King Carl Gustav, in my opinion, acted stupid and very immature. Not least for a man in his position.
If you do something like that you deserve to (pardon me) have your butt roasted and I have no pity what so ever for him. Let there be no doubt about that.

However, I feel his friends let him down and I feel the Swedish government let him down, if they did not strongly advise him to think about what he was doing. - If the King was warned but deliberatly decided to ignore those warnings, then he had it coming.

It's the hypocrisy displayed by those who revealed what went on that I feel contempt for.
It's the justifications they have used, that has my eyes rolling way back in the head.

Had the authors and Camilla Hedemark instead said:
A) I think what the King has done is plain wrong and immoral and that's why I go public.
- Or
B) It's a good story and I need the money.
- Or
C) The King is a hypocrite and that's why I expose him.

That's honest talk, even though I may not agree.
But go on about "I like the King, but...". "I respect Queen Silvia and her children sooo much, but...".
That's not something I can respect.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bine221 View Post

Camilla did not "say" much, she always tried to "talk around" -- maybe because she felt ashamed today, maybe she does not want to say everything, as she seems to intend writing her own book.

She indeed didn't seem too eager to be there and somewhat distant or even sad. Of course it would have been nicer if she didn't appear on television but on the other end we do not know her financial situation and she does have a child to raise of course. And she was not the one who was married, the king was so it was his responsibility towards Silvia.

Considering she made several references to the wild 90-ties I can imagine where her money from the pop group went.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:47 PM
Serene Highness

Today if a monarch has an affair, he risks being exposed. No one is quiet about things like that anymore. That's the risk you take when you engage in this type of behavior. I would imagine no one thought that any of these alleged affairs would ever come to light in a very public way. I would imagine if Camilla was doing well financially or had a good paying job, she probably would say nothing or deny that the affair took place.

I don't recall the 1990's being a wild decade compared to the 1980's.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:37 AM
Nobility

Camilla henemark

How credible is Camilla Henemark really? The former Army Of Lover member Camilla Henemark alleged love affair with King raises a series of questions:

1st Henemark credibility damaged by the Expressen allegedly paid her SEK 200 000 for interview.

2nd Henemark has previously lied about his abuse of drugs.

3rd Has many years had the disease manic depression.

Camilla is not exactly what I associate with a protector of the truth. She FLATLY DENY for example, until the very end that she had a drug problem for a few years ago even though she was caught with drugs in a handbag.

The author has a "golden opportunity" because the King will never comment on Camilla's data.

After weighing for and against, I conclude:
I guess I have to agree with that one of his friends said in a statement: That this woman would have been the king's mistress and falls on its face.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:23 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarlucy View Post
I don't recall the 1990's being a wild decade compared to the 1980's.
I was in my late teens and early 20s in the 1990s. I don't recall any wild-ness going on!

From the remarks regarding her interview it sounds like she feels bad that she has to "sell" the story and talk about it after all this time. But if she really had respect for the Queen and the rest of the SRF she would have said "No." in the first place. I can see where Princess Madeliene may be upset with her father (rumours), if he forced her to break off her engagement to Jonas for his cheating, having cheated on his own wife.

Tags
carl gustav