The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-07-2009, 01:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
he developed into a keen and active man of the world who, while retaining all his boyish cheerfulness, added the full attributes of a man's estate."
And that was just excerpts from page 1.
Is this a quote from the Edward VIII. book? If so: LOL!

'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

All I can say is goodness gracious me.

Old 02-08-2009, 04:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Ah well...at least Lacey has an interesting turn of phrase. I think that his early book on Diana, Princess, captures the spirit of 1980 through 1981 beautifully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
As examples, I have a book by Robert Lacey about the Queen Mother titled, of all things, "God Bless Her!"
Old 02-08-2009, 04:48 PM
Courtier

I presume that there is a market out there for these books or else publishers wouldn’t be interested in them but I don’t understand what they could possible be writing about that their audience haven’t already read in newspapers over the years.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:01 AM
Administrator

"Kate: Kate Middleton, Princess in Waiting", Claudia Joseph 2009

"Kate: Kate Middleton, Princess in Waiting", Claudia Joseph 2009

Here is a link to the cover

Here is a link to a review dated 12 April 2009
quote:
If there is a Bricks without Straw Award, Claudia Joseph deserves to be on the shortlist. Most of us would find it hard to write 70 words on Kate Middleton. Joseph has managed 70,000, even though she appears to have received no co-operation either from the subject or from Kate's immediate family. Most of these words, it must be said, are either rehashed gobbets of royal history or trawls through the genealogical records of Kate's thunderingly boring forebears, but even so.

The publisher makes some brave boasts: "Claudia Joseph has spoken to members of Kate's family and friends, who have provided an intriguing insight." The reality would appear to be that a few of Kate's distant cousins have provided her with pictures of Kate's grandparents and great-aunts and that, for the rest, Joseph has had to rely on some genealogical researchers, and dear old Google.

also: http://famewatcher.com/2009/03/kate-...ackground.html

"...Whatever the Palace flunkies say about the Middletons, the family lives an enviably comfortable and privileged upper-middle-class lifestyle that far predates Prince William’s courtship of their daughter.Michael and Carole Middleton live in a £1million detached house in rolling countryside in the Home Counties, where they play tennis, ride horses and walk their dog. According to some neighbours, they even own a stake in a successful racehorse.

The couple are affluent enough to have sent all three of their children – Kate, 27, Pippa, 25, and James, 21 – to the elite £27,000-a-year public school Marlborough College. They have also financed gap years abroad and family holidays in the Caribbean. They have even bought Kate a £780,000 flat in the heart of Chelsea.

However, despite the countless words written about the family, there has remained a mystery. How on earth can a business selling paper plates and party trinkets for a few pounds apiece finance a lifestyle that propelled Kate from her modest childhood home outside Reading to the gilded apartments of the House of Windsor?"
Old 05-31-2009, 02:59 PM
Courtier

I got the book from my local library yesterday and am really enjoying it. I prefer to make my own mind up and despite some people trashing the book I am enjoying it very much .... glad I do my own thinking and I happen to think the author has put a lot of effort into it. I think the comments of Kate's relatives has made it even more interesting too and the dob of siblings.
-----------------------
Catherine Elizabeth 9 January 1982

At last I have found out more about Kate's siblings from reading Claudia Joseph's book.

Pippa ... read name Philippa born on 6 September 1983

James born on 15 April 1987

(No wonder Catherine and Phillipa are so close coming in 1982 and 1983 respectively!)

Michael Middleton Kate's father was apparently born on 23 June 1949 (not 19th June)

Carole Middleton Kate's mother born on 31 January 1955

Kate parent's married on 21 June 1980
Old 06-03-2009, 06:14 AM
Courtier

"William & Kate: Celebrating a Royal Romance"
Robin Nunn 2009

cover picture

William & Kate: “Celebrating” Slightly Delayed - Royal Romance

NB: This title has not yet been released.
Old 06-03-2009, 07:00 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Well well then. Can't wait for this book to surface. That is a wonderful new picture of Kate, foam parties are always fun :)
x
Old 06-03-2009, 12:05 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
Well well then. Can't wait for this book to surface. That is a wonderful new picture of Kate, foam parties are always fun :)
x
I'm excited about it, too -- I think there will be some great pictures in the book that we've never seen before. If only they'd get on with the engagement announcement so we can get the book, too!

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 06-03-2009, 05:25 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Yes, we do have a year but at least we know its happening.

William and Kate have been dating for years now and we are still speculating on an engagement.

Do we really know it is happening or is this more press speculation?

I am not convinced that because a book is being delayed and the BBC supposedly has some programme in the works that it necessarily means that anything is happening.

I can understand that the publishers might like to delay the launch of the book until there is an engagement but it still doesn't mean that there will be an engagement - just that the publishers don't want to go to the expense of publishing and then have them split or wait another two or three years as they know they will get a much bigger sale if they wait until they get engaged and then release the book.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:56 AM
Courtier

It will be interesting to see if :
Robin Nunn new book is released next Tuesday 1 September 09 (Amazon).
http://www.amazon.com/William-Kate-Celebrating-Royal-Romance/dp/1862058431/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1251190429&sr=8-1
· Hardcover: 160 pages
· Publisher: Pavilion (September 1, 2009)
· Language: English
· ISBN-10: 1862058431
· ISBN-13: 978-1862058439
· Shipping Information: View shipping rates and policies
· Amazon.com Sales Rank: #644,216 in Books (See Bestsellers in Books

postscript..added by Warren:
see post #47
- This title has not yet been released as at may 2010.
It is believed the author and publisher are waiting for the engagement announcement.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:52 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Ooo that book sounds interesting. Dailymail's going to have a field day.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:29 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

This popped up on my recommended list on Amazon.
Amazon.com: Prince William and Kate Middleton: United Kingdom's…
Old 07-31-2010, 06:12 AM
Administrator

At just 128 pages it's on the rather slim side.
Amazon has it at $58.00. A very expensive paperback indeed, maybe it should be $5.80.
I note it will be published by Fastbook Publishing. Very apt!

The author has varied interests. Among her other works (all published by Fastbook):
Health Care in the United States
Medical Technology: Applying Innovations
Hospice Care
Oil Spills
Depression
Nudism

I'd suggest Buyer Beware!

- - - -
Prince William and Kate Middleton: United Kingdom's most followed couple [Paperback]

Lydia D. Thomson-Smith (Author)
Price: $58.00
Blurb:

Being a possible heir to the throne, Prince William of Wales has gotten used to the constant presence of media and the all-seeing public eye in his life. The tragic death of his mother prompted an even more intense interest about the prince's personal life. His relationship with Kate Middleton has become a never-ending topic for every tabloid around the world. Recent speculations about whether the couple has or will become engaged have caught the public eye on both sides of the Atlantic. In order to find out more about Prince William's family, education and Kate Middleton ? read this book.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:20 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

You think a book like this would have a proper front cover, a picture of them even if it were an old one.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:28 AM
Administrator

It saves having to pay for the use of a copyrighted photograph.
Anyway, the romantics can imagine the cover pic shows Wills 'n Kate, hand in hand, walking into the sunset...

This book is appearing cheaper and trashier at every look!

Ha! I just noticed the balloon on the book's front cover says:
"High quality content by Wikipedia articles!"

Can you believe it? It's a collection of Wiki pieces! Ab Fab trash.
Members here could put their heads together and easily come up with something better than this.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:54 AM
Serene Highness

OMG it's worse than I expected!!!!!
Old 09-09-2010, 11:51 AM
Administrator

"William's Princess" by Robert Jobson, 2006

"William's Princess: The Love Story that will Change the Royal Family Forever"

by Robert Jobson, 2006

-> cover

"The exclusive account of how a middle class girl stole the heart of a
prince and future King of England - and why the Royal Family will never
be the same again - this book reveals the truth behind the headlines
and media speculation about Prince William and Kate Middleton, and
paints a far-reaching and insightful picture of a monarchy in transition."

Old 09-14-2010, 05:10 PM
Royal Highness

William's Princess

I have just read (in a few hours) William's Princess. It doesn't reveal anything new except when the couple broke up. It was because of Prince William wanted a trial separation because the relationship was stale. Ms Middleton did agreed to a separation. The prince meeting other young women found out that Kate was his best choice in a girlfriend. He found out the hard way. The young woman went to the press with their accounts of their time with the prince.

The book was published in 2006 and is informative to me about Prince William will do what he wants WHEN HE WANTS. It also stated that he is very protective of Ms. Middleton. The books is basis for Prince Charles and not Princess Diana. It somewhat blames the Princess for relying on the prince too much, that the prince became her protector. What I got out of this book is that Kate is a good influence on William and a soul mate like the Duchess is to Prince Charles. I think Prince William will marry Ms. Middleton. I love happy endings.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for this review, georgiea. I've been thinking of ordering William's Princess for awhile now, and I'd also like to get Mr. Jobson's book "Harry's War."

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
I have just read (in a few hours) William's Princess.

Tags
book, kate, royal, wedding, william