Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-06-2005, 01:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Leonor, la Infanta Inesperada

http://www.lavozdeasturias.com/notic...sp?pkid=240559

THE BOOK OF LETIZIA'S CAESAREAN

PAU ARENOS (06/12/2005)

It blushes and resects the mouth to listen to Angela Portero and to Paloma García-Pelayo. The journalists have just published a book express, Leonor, the unexpected princess, a buy of impulse that after the Christmas will take so many freshness as the greasy remains of nougat and the costillar carroñeado of the turkey.

On Saturday night, in Salsa Rosa, another stop of the tour along the programs - friends of the TV, Portero and García-Pelayo they were speaking about their product of urgency as if it was a question of a consistent and memorable work of investigation, Watergate's species with diapers. The mystery, the threats, the sting that to the journalist it is born of the rump before I palm of the information... To hear Them age sharing as the table stretcher with Woodward, Bernstein and deep Throat after happening for the odontologist the teeth to be whitened. Santi Acosta, one of the worst presenters of the world, was giving laugh demanding drama, suspense and hemorrhage.

The heart jibarizado of the book is the following one: the lives of Letizia and of Leonor were in danger. It is possible that yes and it is possible that not. I ignore it, since almost quite of the royal family. A Caesarean is an operation and when the scalpel is exposed flows with the blood. But it is necessary to prove that there was an anomaly. Papers or surgeons who take the mask or the mask from themselves. In the book there is neither medical report nor doctor who signs the pessimistic and startled phrase.
The piece of gossip still is not a news, though they insist day, evening and night the chroniclers of the entrails. These people colonize our TV with a non-journalism Frankenstein, made with forensic remains and common graves.

Old 12-08-2005, 10:25 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

http://www.lavanguardia.es/web/20051208/51204765827.html

During the last days, the Princess of Asturias has been the involuntary protagonist of a book in which it is offered a version of the childbirth of Infanta Leonor that is totally away from the reality. La Zarzuela did not want to deny the content of the book, so not to contribute to its propaganda, but the officious sources have considered it as a libel.

Old 12-20-2005, 12:17 PM
Heir Apparent

as elsa said, i arrived some weeks ago to spain to celebrate christmas and this book seems to be the actuality in every single "pink programme". it's bringing quite a lot of controversy but surprisingly the book is having a quite good aceptance, the writers said. they also mentioned that apparently la zarzuela sent them a note of conformity with the book and then they sent them another one saying that there were some errors in it.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 12-20-2005, 12:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota
as elsa said, i arrived some weeks ago to spain to celebrate christmas and this book seems to be the actuality in every single "pink programme". it's bringing quite a lot of controversy but surprisingly the book is having a quite good aceptance, the writers said. they also mentioned that apparently la zarzuela sent them a note of conformity with the book and then they sent them another one saying that there were some errors in it.
SOME errors?! I have the impression that there were A LITTLE BIT MORE errors

Old 12-20-2005, 12:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota
They sent the book to Palace, and only they they sent the same note of gratefulness that they send to the whole world that does a gift to them, it is a question of education. The Chief of Press they sent a note saying that they are free to write what they want, but that before should insure themselves that what they write it is true.

It is necessary to know well these two journalists and know the lies that are capable of telling and it manipulative that they are. They are employed at a television channel that is where they do advertising of the book, they create the polemic and they walk along the programs of this chain creating polemic. Besides they are owners of an agency of " pink press ", for what they are interested in creating polemic to sell the book. Every day they add new details, and every time the history is less credible. But the war between the televisions is very strong, and seems to be that for teer hearing the better thing is to create polemic. The only thing that they want is to sell books and to earn money, and because of it they create polemics.

They were those who sold Carmina Ordoñez's life. A famous woman in Spain for being daughter and wife of famous bullfighters. They were supposedly her friends, but actually the whole world knows that they treated her as a goods to earn money. They sold her problems with the drugs, her stay in clinics of detoxification and later her death. Up to after died they did business with her.

Also they were they who brought of illegal form from Peru a delinquent in order that she was accusing the singer Isabel Pantoja of credit adopting illegally her daughter. This history was terrible, because they could destroy the life of a girl who already had suffered very much.

This they are the persons who write this book, persons without scruples. The one who believes himself what they count is an ignoramus and does not have feelings. The bad thing is that always there are people ready to earn money with the polemics, and some programs of the television use these polemics. Everything what surrounds the Princes is a news, be true or a lie, and many people take advantage of it. They use the Princes because the singers, the actors and the real professionals already do not want to go to the programs of television and flee of the press.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:09 PM
Heir Apparent

i know lula. i didn't really trust practically anything they wrote in that book. however, isabel pantoja's problem was that she could get the adoption done in a really short time compared to others that take far more, she just skipped the queue and that was what annoyed the press. i read somewhere that they both had a close relationship with her, angela portero was one of the first people to know about her death and she was a really close friend of carmina.
anyway, think we should come back on topic. did you also see the fact that the book was selling many copies lula? it's incredible.. may it be because she works for salsa rosa?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 12-20-2005, 01:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Several things Carlota.

The topic of the Pantoja the courts had to study it, and not they, and if the justice did not blame her for anything, they were not who. In addition, they introduced illegally a delinquent in Spain, and I believe that it is dependent on judgment.
They were friends of Carmina .... but I believe that the majority of the people thinks that with friends like that who needs enemies. Carmina was an unlucky person who had lost the course, and they took advantage of her to gain money. If they had been real amihas they her had helped instead of destroying her more.

You them do not copy that they will go sold, because a thing is what they say and other one the reality, they are a few manipulative experts. But bear in mind that they devote themselves to create polemic and expectation in the television channel at which they are employed, and it is great free advertising. Ultimately there are ignorant people who is left to go or people to which this type of things, of everything exists in the world.
Old 12-26-2005, 09:17 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Leonor: ha nacido una reina?

In the new book Leonor: ha nacido una reina?, Neves Herrero and Almudena de Arteaga tell about the first months of the daughter of the Princes of Asturias and simultaneously they approach the lives of queens and princesses, who had shared the name of the new Infanta of Spain.

Interviews with close friends of the royal family, anecdotes and an exhaustive analysis of the society in which the possible future queen has been born fill the pages of this book, published by Martinez Roca. Besides, the book deepens in the political and constitutional implications of this birth that constitute an essential piece of history.

Taking advantage of her experience as an historian, Almudena de Arteaga tracks the Spanish past, in search of queens or princess who have shared the name of Leonor and approaches the lives of women like Leonor de Aquitaine, Leonor de Plantagenet (queen of Castile), Leonor de Guzmán (the great lover of king Alfonso XI) and also the queen of Portugal and France, Leonor of Austria, who was daughter of Juana la Loca and Felipe el Hermoso and faithful sister of Carlos I.
This is an historical revision from the 12th to the 15th centuries and that helps us to analyze all the keys of our present.

Nieves Herrero is a serious journalist and Almudena de Arteaga is an historian and a lawyer and she’s the Spanish most successful author of historical novels, with books like "La princesa de Éboli", "Eugenia de Montijo", "La vida privada del emperador", "Juana la Beltraneja: el pecado oculto de Isabel la Católica", "Catalina de Aragón: reina de Inglaterra", "María de Molina", etc..

http://www.palenciadigital.com/porta...26&hora=131450
Old 12-27-2005, 10:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula
Several things Carlota.

The topic of the Pantoja the courts had to study it, and not they, and if the justice did not blame her for anything, they were not who. In addition, they introduced illegally a delinquent in Spain, and I believe that it is dependent on judgment.
They were friends of Carmina .... but I believe that the majority of the people thinks that with friends like that who needs enemies. Carmina was an unlucky person who had lost the course, and they took advantage of her to gain money. If they had been real amihas they her had helped instead of destroying her more.

You them do not copy that they will go sold, because a thing is what they say and other one the reality, they are a few manipulative experts. But bear in mind that they devote themselves to create polemic and expectation in the television channel at which they are employed, and it is great free advertising. Ultimately there are ignorant people who is left to go or people to which this type of things, of everything exists in the world.
These persons seem to be really disgusting. Write such sick things for a cute innocent baby !!!!! You can love or hate monarchy, but do not touch children, and Leonor is a nice cute baby who needs her parents love and nothing else
And Carmen Ordonez, I remember her in Francisco's wedding with Eugenia, a stunning beauty in her blue dress :) , and after that, from time to time the images of her slow fall, sad sad sad.
I may be very romantic, but some subjects should be untouchable! especially for money purposes !
Old 01-10-2006, 03:39 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Leonor: ha nacido una reina?

http://www.madridiario.es/mdo/actual...ero-100106.php

The journalist Nieves Herrero and the historian Almudena de Arteaga have taken advantage of the week of Infanta Leonor’s baptism to officially present their book. Published by Martínez Roca, the book goes deep in political and constitutional reflections related to the arrival of Leonor.

Leonor:¿ha nacido una reina? constitutes an historical revision, to subsequently approach the present debate on the access of women to the throne. It is, without any doubt, a deep glance into the history from the 12th to the 16th centuries, in order to understand the Present.
Old 01-11-2006, 10:28 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Leonor, ha nacido una reina?

http://www.palenciadigital.com/porta...11&hora=123054

Neves Herrero and Almudena de Arteaga presented yesterday their new book Leonor, ha nacido una reina?, which is divided in two parts: a review of other women named Leonor and an analysis of the socio-politic context in which the first-born of the Princes of Asturias was born.

The journalist wanted to leave aside the controversy provoked by the book of Ángela Portero and Paloma Garcia-Pelayo, in which they assure there were complications during the childbirth of the Infanta: "As far as I am concerned, the people I have talked to have all the credibility and that is what counts". In this sense, Neves Herrero says that she and Almudena de Arteaga had only tried to give historical data and they did not have intention to use that kind of questions: "I believe that that is something that only belongs to the intimate life of the Princes; it does not contribute with any data and the girl, as we can see, has a healthy appearance. The best proof of how that birth was like is the self image of Infanta Leonor, who cannot be prettier and more handsome".
Old 01-16-2006, 03:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Leonor, ha nacido una reina?

a new book of Leonor

Presentation of book "Leonor, ha nacido una reina" (Leonor, a queen has been born)
madrid, 10 january 2006 (from cover)

Old 01-17-2006, 03:51 PM
Courtier

Poor kid, she's only a few months old and there are already books about her here and there and for sure there's more to come. The Palace has to do something. This is absurd. Are there also books already written about Amalia, Ingrid, Elisabeth, Lilleprinsen, Aiko (who else did I miss?)? I know that it won't happen to Amalia of Holland because her sue-happy mother won't take it sitting down.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:13 AM
Royal Highness

Letizia books?

I was wondering if there were any books about Letizia that have been written yet (any language)? If there are, what are they? Thanks :).

Do you think a book about Letizia will ever be written/translated into English? It's tough for us Americans to find any recent royal books in English besides Diana and now Mary.
Old 05-15-2006, 05:58 PM
Aristocracy

Here are some books about CP Letizia. As far as I know they are only available in Spanish and I've only found one for sale on Amazon.com (that now I'm thinking of buying).

LOS TACONES DE LETIZIA Y OTRAS CURIOSIDADES REALES by PEÑAFIEL, JAIME

TU SERAS MI REINA: OPERACION LETIZIA: LETIZIA ORTIZ UNA PERIODISTA CAMINO DEL TRONO by PORTERO, ANGELA y GARCIA-PELAYO, PALOMA (this one is available on Amazon)

‘La boda del siglo’ by Fernando Gracia

¿Reinará Felipe VI? by José Infante

'El doncel de Don Enrique el Doliente’ by Mariano José de Larra (This is the book Letizia gave Felipe for their engagement).
Old 05-20-2006, 05:11 AM
Nobility

Countess Emmanuela Dampierre is living and she is over 90 year day!!! Dona Emmanuela is much near royal family of Spain and she have much visit King Juan Carlos death mother countess of Barcelona. Dona Emmanuela and Dona Maria of Barcelona was much near royal family.!!!
Old 05-21-2006, 12:51 AM
Commoner

I like her

She is an old lady, a daughter of a Viscount and of a Princess.
How do you think that she feels when she sees the Royal Family, with Letizia, a divorced commoner and Urdangarin, having titles and belonging to the family.
If her branch, kids and grandkids were morganatic, the same should had happen to the family of Felipe and Cristina.
In spanish we say " La Ley Pareja no Es Dura " something like equal laws are not hard2. I agree with her.
why her descendants are morganatic being her a noble ?
Old 05-21-2006, 01:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

If you want to discuss the lady herself, you can do so in the Spanish forum. This forum is for discussing books.

Elspeth

Royal Library moderator
Old 06-23-2006, 04:22 PM

Emmanuela

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudia
She is an old lady, a daughter of a Viscount and of a Princess.
How do you think that she feels when she sees the Royal Family, with Letizia, a divorced commoner and Urdangarin, having titles and belonging to the family.
If her branch, kids and grandkids were morganatic, the same should had happen to the family of Felipe and Cristina.
In spanish we say " La Ley Pareja no Es Dura " something like equal laws are not hard2. I agree with her.
why her descendants are morganatic being her a noble ?
When Emmanuela married with infant Jaime in 1935, the marriages of the Royal House are control by the Law of Carlos III (XVIII century) and the marriages of Felipe, Elena and Cristina no. The monarchy of Juan Carlos I (instaurated by Franco) is diferent of the monarchy of Alfonso XIII. The marriage of Emmanuela is morganatic, the same of the marriages of infant Alfonso, infant Beatrice, infant Cristina (Marone) or infants Pilar and Margarita. They hadn't rights to the spanish throne.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:19 AM
Heir Apparent

I think it is not absurd because of her status!She can be indeed QUEEN one day, she is not a normal baby, it is really natural that there are books talking about her and her life! It is really natural that there are people asking for her, who wanted to see her, who want photos of her, it is alll very natural.

Tags
ana maria martin, letizia, princess of asturias