Books on Diana, Princess of Wales

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How come no one will let Princess Diana rest in peace!

As long as there's $$$$$$$ to be made, there will be these kind of exploitative "revealing" books allegedly telling all about Diana. Since she's not here to defend herself I really think it's totally tasteless for these "insiders" to drag her personal failures and problems through the mud in public. I know Diana was far from perfect in many aspects of her life but she left behind two sons who have to endure these periodic post-mortems of their mother's intimate life. That is what really gripes me.:mad:

The sad part is, people still believe this. He looks like his father in many ways with his facial expressions.

The red hair is a Spencer trait. People tend to forget children have equally both sets of genes...royal or not.

Lady Marmalade said:
The sad part is, people still believe this. He looks like his father in many ways with his facial expressions.

The red hair is a Spencer trait. People tend to forget children have equally both sets of genes...royal or not.

I am sure this has been hashed over to death, but I think that both boys look like the Spencers. When William was young, he looked very much like Diana's father... and now he resembles Diana. I'm not sure who little Harry looked like (and what a cute little guy he was), but in 1997 he certainly looked like his aunt Sarah!

IMO neither of them have Windsor stamped all over their features.

not another "tell all" book. I yearn for the day when "all" will finally have been told, and people will stop writing these silly books.

James Hewitt himself has admitted in interviews that his relationship with Diana did not begin until after Harry's birth. He's such a fame-whore that if he could get away with hinting Harry was actually his son I'm sure he'd try.

BTW, I'm always struck with Harry's strong resemblance to the Duke of Windsor.

Attachments

• 200px-Edward-viii-sm.jpg
    200px-Edward-viii-sm.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 275
  • Edward8uk.jpg
    Edward8uk.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 282
iowabelle said:
I am sure this has been hashed over to death, but I think that both boys look like the Spencers. When William was young, he looked very much like Diana's father... and now he resembles Diana. I'm not sure who little Harry looked like (and what a cute little guy he was), but in 1997 he certainly looked like his aunt Sarah!

IMO neither of them have Windsor stamped all over their features.

Harry looks like Lady Sarah's son George. Both William and Harry look like the Spencers (Thank God). I would have felt so bad if those boys ended up with the ears of their father!! Even Her Majesty commented at the time of William's birth "Thank God he doesn't have the ears of his father."

It is great that the Spencer English blood and genes have passed to William and Harry. William will have the most English descent in a King for centuries. The Spencer blood also gives William the one line of Royal blood the current family does not have in a great abundance--The Stuarts. While 5 out of 6 of Diana's Stuart ancestors were born "on the wrong side of the blanket", it still gives William the blood line.

Too many years of inbreeding is what caused certain physical characteristics in the older generation of royals to be...how shall I say...not especially attractive.

Thank god for the infusion of commoner blood. That is the why the Queen's grandchildren are all so good looking.

At least the British aristocracy can no longer refer to royal family as "those Germans" as they had in the past.

Another author trying to cash in on the Princess's name and fame....still a sick tragedy.

I think Harry favors Diana's brother Charles. In some photos they look very much alike.

It is very sad that all books about Diana have to so mean and tear her down. It must do wonders on Will and Harry. I know if people were writting those things about my mother I would be so angry and upset I would cry forever. I tried to think that if I was close to her, I would want to tell everyone how wonderful she was, but writting a book with such material is pathetic. especially since no one can deny anything.

according to website about him from Elspeth, he seems like someone who likes attention and would do anything for admiration.

Jayne Finchner's books are always a good bet--filled with great photos and amusing anecdotes.

Frankly, I thought the "Closely Guarded Secret" book disappointing. And anything with James Hewitt's name on it is just bad news.

A recent read is the third book by Lady Colin Campbell. IMO, it is nothing but a rehash of past books and accounts portrayed in other books. I tried to read it and was bored. Simmone Simon's book is also garbage. She put in it much of what she'd written in her first book and much of it is speculation as she comments on things as if she were still speaking with the Princess, and therefore, "in the know," when it is clear Diana had crossed her off her list before the events Simmone claims to know all about.

Yes, several Tim Graham's, one even autographed by him! The Trevor Hall/David Levenson books are also a "good bet". I prefer the coffee table - picture books. You can draw your own conclusion as to the type of person Diana was. While I own quite a few of the biography type books, I tend to take them with a grain of salt. After all, you're getting someone else's perspective and they will always slant the story in such a way as to make themselves look better.

I actually have emailed David Levenson thru his website www.davidlevenson.com, he is a very nice man. I asked him if he had considered putting out a book of his photos on Diana, at that time he said he had no plans.

Queen Mother said:
Sammy, I am an avid Royal book collector too. Some of my absolute favorites are Tim Graham's. He has put out a lot of books, and he used to put our one every year. I was just wondering if by chance you have any of his, they are really a joy.

I love Tim Graham's books, too! And I agree; my favorite Diana books are the larger coffee table size with loads of photos and a few comments. And, yes, I too have bought quite a few accounts of Diana by a multitude of authors but one does have to take them with a bit of salt--and, of late, most are just rehashes of previous tomes. That's really neat you received a response from David Levenson; I'm a fan of his, as well!:)
Sammy said:
Yes, several Tim Graham's, one even autographed by him! The Trevor Hall/David Levenson books are also a "good bet". I prefer the coffee table - picture books. You can draw your own conclusion as to the type of person Diana was. While I own quite a few of the biography type books, I tend to take them with a grain of salt. After all, you're getting someone else's perspective and they will always slant the story in such a way as to make themselves look better.

I actually have emailed David Levenson thru his website www.davidlevenson.com, he is a very nice man. I asked him if he had considered putting out a book of his photos on Diana, at that time he said he had no plans.

I don't like things by Lady Colin Campbell or Kitty Kelley (get the National Inquirer rather than waste your money on Kitty Kelley!). And Penny Junor is so partisan.

I enjoy the picture books too, especially Tim Graham and Jayne Fincher. The biographical books have left me rather puzzled. Who was the true Diana? I don't know, but maybe we're all like that, having good and bad sides, and how we are portrayed depends on the person doing the writing.

I enjoy the Diana picture books (especially Diana: Portaits) and the memorial books after her death.

Truthfully, I don't read the recent books (and articles) of her...I find that everyone (in my opinion) has an angle..and with all the info (good and bad) that is out there.....its hard to define who the real Diana was. Either she was the most manipulative woman since Catherine De Medici or a victim led to the slaughter.

MaryShawn,
I was stunned that it came from him and not an assistant! I also have emailed Tim Graham, his wife Eileen answered, and Susan Maxwell-Skinner who is Very nice.

maryshawn said:
I love Tim Graham's books, too! And I agree; my favorite Diana books are the larger coffee table size with loads of photos and a few comments. And, yes, I too have bought quite a few accounts of Diana by a multitude of authors but one does have to take them with a bit of salt--and, of late, most are just rehashes of previous tomes. That's really neat you received a response from David Levenson; I'm a fan of his, as well!:)

have anyone out there got a copy of the book entitled: Dicing with Di?" It is very rare. It conatins a lot of unseen photo sof teh late princess.It would be graet if the photos from the book can be shared and viewed here by all.

Hi! has anyone out there got a copy of the book entitled: Dicing with Di?" It is very rare. It conatins a lot of unseen photos of the late princess.It would be great if the photos from the book can be shared and viewed here by all.

I heard you may find that book on amazon.com because they usually have a wide selection of books or try ebay?

Some of my favourite books about Diana are:
1)Diana: Her True Story In Her Own Words by Andrew Morton
2)Diana: In Pursuit of Love by Andrew Morton
3)A Royal Duty by Paul Burrell
4)Diana: The Portrait by Rosalind Coward
5)William and Harry by Ingrid Seward
6)Diana: Death of a Goddess by David Cohen
7)Diana Princess of Wales Kensingotn Palace MarioTestino

I do wish the book that ends all the "tell all" books would come out. I heard that "Diana: The Last Word" by Simone Simmons was supposed to be the "last" one. I do agree with a lot of you that this rumour about James Hewitt being Harry's father should stop. Red hair is a Spencer trait and I also heard thatHarry William and Charles have a common trait their fingers. They all ahve "sausage fingers." Harry looks a lot like Diana's brother Charles and I just wish that Harry could be given a rest from this.

Harry has same eye expressions as Charles, they also have the exact same smirky smile. Don't think for a minute that DNA testing is not done on children that close to the throne these days. I don't think Charles would be so publicly adoring to Harry if he wasn't his.

And now another book, this one with photos.....utterly tasteless IMHO.

Italian magazine publishes 'last Diana photo'
13/07/2006 - 14:14:41

The “last photo” of Diana, Princess of Wales, taken moments after the car crash which killed her was published today in an Italian magazine.

It shows the Princess being given oxygen in the Mercedes at the crash site in Paris.

The black and white picture appeared in Chi magazine, accompanying an article about a new book by French crime writer Jean-Michel Caradec’h.

Caradec’h examines the Princess’s tragic death in 1997 in his work Lady Diana: The Criminal Investigation.

The book, which is due out this month, will include photos of Diana taken shortly after the accident.

The image appeared in Chi under the headline: “World Exclusive: The Last Photo”.

The article also included autopsy diagrams charting the injuries the Princess suffered.

Josefine said:
does anyone have a good bio on Diana?

Maybe we all can come up with our own Bio of her, after all most bios are based in second hand tales, stories and legends of people long gone. The Royal Forum is a good place to gather bits and pieces of these interesting group of people and form an opinion about them, even when we might never meet them. We are all intrigued by them, by their relations and most of all, by their connection to our own history. So, here is my post # 1000, an attempt to do a very small bio on Diana Princess of Wales. I guess, she was my favorite celebrity after all, so my very short bio on her might have the tone of an obituary bio. Please allow me because maybe many other people here could relate to what she meant as a person and a public figure. So, here it goes...

I remember the night she died. Like so many people around the globe I was glued to the TV waiting for hours on the news. And past midnight in the USA we got the somber report she was gone. I only read bit and pieces about her life in the magazines but the week before her funeral we got to know the person behind the title.
I remember the Royal Family on TV, getting out to meet the people in a sea of flowers outside a palace, and the grief on their faces like if they all lost a dear member of their own family.
I remember thinking how these strangers, were so kind to her memory, showing more grief than her own family, and thinking how it is possible that one person could move so many people as if they were her own flesh and blood?
I remember I set the VCR the night before to record the Funeral Ceremony that was broadcast live in the early morning hours. One of those 8 hour tapes. I let it run and started watching it later in the day and it was like being there with her, and with the millions of people that attended the funeral thanks to the TV broadcast. And I was very sad, like she had in her life some goal we could all relate to, a quest to find meaning to her life. And her death put a stop to it, to her quest.

We just wanted a happy ending to a fairy tale story and forgot that life happens to people. Jonh Lennon said "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans". And when we all saw it happening to her, like tragedies that anyone can relate to, it was too much pain to bear.

Good or bad, saint or sinner, she had it all and we could relate to it ourselves. Maybe that's why so many people mourned her death that week, her well documented life had aspects that any stranger in any country could identify with.

Maybe the above was not a bio but just a passing comment, and now that I got that off my chest, time for me to move on too and continue posting,

Last edited:
New book about her weddingdress

I ordered this new book about the making of Diana's weddingdress.

Attachments

• 11470939.jpg
    11470939.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 289
  • 11473990.jpg
    11473990.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 338
I just received mine. Got it from Amazon.com. Nice book, similiar to the book by Catherine Walker. I was disappointed that there weren't any new pictures of Diana.

Another One Cashing In On Diana

i think this is truly sad. :sad:

Elizabeth Emanuel Home

{go to the A Dress For Diana link at the above website; the original link posted by Duchess doesn't work any more - Elspeth}

Another one cashing in on the Princess.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know if this is the right place for this post, but I figure as part of her life etc... anyway I was wondering if there was the kind of digging (research) done into Diana's relationships before her engagement to Charles? I was just thinking along the lines that one of Kate Middleton's ex-boyfriends has been chased down and named

Back
Top Bottom