Books Authored by Charles Spencer, 9th Earl Spencer

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Earl Spencer is a very good writer...very scholarly and engaging at once. I own almost every book he has written. I will definitely add this one to my list...thanks!;)

Earl Spencer is a very good writer...very scholarly and engaging at once. I own almost every book he has written. I will definitely add this one to my list...thanks!;)

As a boy, Earl Spencer went to Eton College. Later he studied History at Oxford and worked many years as a special reporter for NBC. I believe there's no doubt about the extent of his qualifications.

He was on the Irish radio earlier promoting whilst the book in Dublin.

As a boy, Earl Spencer went to Eton College. Later he studied History at Oxford and worked many years as a special reporter for NBC. I believe there's no doubt about the extent of his qualifications.

Indeed. He has been described as the most academically talented of the four Spencer children, and I well remember his stint as a correspondent for NBC's Today Show.

Princess Diana's Brother Charles Spencer Publishes His Latest History Book

Apparently Charles, Earl Spencer wrote a bestseller in 2015, Killers of the King: The Men Who Dared to Execute Charles I. Now, he's completed a new book, To Catch a King: Charles II's Great Escape.
Earl Spencer, who has a degree in History from Oxford, has written several very well-received books:

Althorp: the Story of an English House (1998)

The Spencers: a Personal History of an English Family (2000).

Blenheim, Battle for Europe (2004). This book was a Sunday Times best-seller, and was shortlisted for "History Book of the Year" at the 2005 National Book Awards.

Prince Rupert – The Last Cavalier
(2007).

Killers of the King: The Men Who Dared to Execute Charles I (2014). This book was a Sunday Times best-seller.

Earl Spencer is no slouch academically.

... [snipped]Killers of the King: The Men Who Dared to Execute Charles I (2014). This book was a Sunday Times best-seller.

Earl Spencer is no slouch academically.
I looked through "Killer of the King" in a bookshop. I think Earl Spencer's writing style is dryly academic. Some people might find it tedious to read. His portrayal of Sir George Downing was quite vivid though: a diplomat and consummate survivor.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom