"Adios Princesa" by David Rocasolano [Letizia's cousin] (2013)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Duke of Marmalade

Imperial Majesty
City
Frankfurt am Main
Country
Germany
Another bombshell for the SRF: David Rocasolano has surprised with a book about his cousin Letizia, giving away details of her life before the Prince, such of an abortion she alledgedly had a year before she met Felipe.

The details should be very credible since David Rocasolano was always close to his cousin, he acted as Letizia's lawyer when she divorced her first husband and she asked him to destroy any evidence about her abortion because Felipe was anxious the Kings would get any knowledge of it pre-engagement.

He also tells that Letizia tested her family and told them that she expected a boy who would be called Pelayo to find out if there is a mole within the family.

At some point after the wedding Letizia broke with David and some other family members and he says the book is because there is so much spin, so many lies about Letizia's life and he wants the truth to be out there. Furthermore, he is angry about the way the Royal House has treated the Rocasolano family.

The book will come out on Monday and the full content is not clear, but its certainly not flattering. The abortion story already is all over the papers.

David Rocasolano: Letizia me dijo que me deshiciera de los papeles de su aborto
Adis, Princesa: el regalo envenenado de David Rocasolano a su prima Letizia
Letizia Ortiz, traicionada por su primo David Rocasolano en un libro sobre su vida

Last edited:
How horrible of him, to sell out his cousin like that and to embarrass her and share her private medical details. Shame on him.

How horrible of him, to sell out his cousin like that and to embarrass her and share her private medical details. Shame on him.

Yes indeed,shame on him trying to cash in on and hurt his cousin the Princess of Asturias.I absolutely loathe these so called trashy 'tell all books' written by desperate relations eager to make a fast buck and get their 15minutes of pathetic 'fame'.

Last edited:
This man is absolutly ridiculous. I didn't blame the Princess of Asturias for breake with him.

He's probably in need of money and decided to sell lies and overplayed stories about his Royal cousin.

Last edited:
Well, that's mighty dumb of her cousin. Then again, you can't control the extended family.

Indeed BE, if this book proves anything, it is that the princess was right to break with her cousin. What a disgusting man!

He says that he has written this book for his children, to help them understand how much hypocrisy sustains from some love stories and the State, and for Erika.

Of course it will be about the money, and this author is no second or third source like some other book authors like Andrew Morton or Isidre Cunill. The rumours of abortion are as old as the relationship became public, as many other 'rumours'. I guess at the time Felipe was confident that such stories would never see the light of day out of respect for the royal house. But times have changed, thanks to all other scandals the line has been crossed long ago.

He was involved on a corruption case some years ago :whistling:
That was the only thing I know about him.

If that wasn´t enough to dislike him, I´ve read this paragraph of his "book" (I prevent you that it´s too disgusting :sick:):

"I feel lonely. She (Erika) was not referring to Antonio Vigo (whith whom she had broken after her sister´s wedding). She was referring to Letizia. I guessed that after her comeback in the tabloids. Erika had received some typical calls from Letizia, hysterical and controllers. And Erika had not been able, as always, to send her to hell. The relationship of the three sisters was already badly damaged. "

IMO, he´s a piece of **** of a man. I applaude Letizia for distance herself from him.

Last edited:
He was her lawyer, so it is a professional breach as well. Truly disgusting, should be disbarred as well as ignored by Letitia.

I´ve learned something new about him I didn´t knew before.

He was the layer of the children of a famous family in Spain (for our Spanish members, Carmen and Antonio Morales), who had denounced their father for some troubles with their mother (a late famous singer) inheritance, if I recall it correctly. Finally, father and children came to terms, but afterwards Antonio denounced his former lawyer for "threats".

What a jewell :yuk:

I take it he wasn't invite to the Royal Wedding so now he turned sour and very spiteful!

Last edited:
How credible is this really?

And how big an impact will these "revelations" have? - Not least considering the (as I understand) less than flattering character of this author. And will people really care that much, if, and I emphasize if, Letizia really had an abortion?

Will he even be able to prove it without medical records?
As far as I see it if Letizia choose to drag him to court, she is very likely to win. Not only is he a creep, he has breached the confidentiallity as a lawyer and he is hardly a credible figure.
I sincerely hope Letizia will go for his throath. If there ever was a line crossed, this is it!

How awful to have a family member write a book of this kind, setting forth your "alleged" private details. What a creep! I hope that Letizia can ignore him and that the book sales will be very poor.

Well,such kind of revelations reminds me of another betrayer (though not a family member), James Hewitt. With this details about abortion etc. the unique goal of him is to put Letizia into depression and do everything to promote the "antimonarchy" idea. The first of course is money.

How credible is this really?

And how big an impact will these "revelations" have? - Not least considering the (as I understand) less than flattering character of this author. And will people really care that much, if, and I emphasize if, Letizia really had an abortion?

Will he even be able to prove it without medical records?
As far as I see it if Letizia choose to drag him to court, she is very likely to win. Not only is he a creep, he has breached the confidentiallity as a lawyer and he is hardly a credible figure.
I sincerely hope Letizia will go for his throath. If there ever was a line crossed, this is it!
She obviously isn´t going to drag him into court right now. Not with the Urdangarin scandal at its highest point. They will let it be.

I bet the cousin knows that.

Good God,

what a reptile !

He says that he has written this book for his children, to help them understand how much hypocrisy sustains from some love stories and the State, and for Erika.

How ridiculous for him to say such a thing. What is it with her family? First the aunt and now her cousin. This is really despicable.

The cousin has taken advantage of the situation by having this book published with everything that is going on now. Seems like Letizia had reason to distance herself from him. People often worry about friends or non-family members betraying them but in many instances their own family or family members betrayed them.

What an outrageous thing to do! How many people's cousins or extended family members ate privy to their private medical history? I doubt he knows anything at all about Letizia!
She is a great asset to the SRF and to Spain!

I think is terrible that the family do things like this, if true that letizia had an abortion is really a horrible thing but a lot of princess consorts in the present have a life before married with a prince.

I can't speak for other families but I can say in my immediate family and cousins, I know a lot about their medical histories. With my cousins I don't know everything, but I know about their general medical history. At family gatherings and through various conversations over the years, I can piece together a family medical history.

If someone in my family was famous, I would never include their medical history or other such things in the book unless I had their written permission to do so. This would be off limits.

I think if it's true Letiza had an abortion, it was her right and no one's business but hers and it's shameful for someone to out her to the press and condemn her for such a personal medical decision.

And saying he did this to tell the truth to his kids- what a bunch of malarkey. He could have told them privately. This is about making money, getting attention, and maybe getting a bit of revenge. It's ugly all around.

O.K. I'm not from Spain or Catholic so someone needs to explain this to me. How is abortion viewed in a Catholic country such as Spain? And assuming that her cousin is telling the truth and Letizia had an abortion...would it really hurt her image a great deal in the eyes of Spain's catholic church and the Spanish people?
Back in 2003 when their engagement was announced, would the fact that Letizia may have had an abortion been enough to prevent them marrying? Maybe that was why the engagement was such a surprise?

Why would his kids need to know some of this information especially relating to abortion if that did happen. Don't really know. Makes no sense to me. That is not something that a cousin would share with their children.

Sounds like this cousin has a bone to pick with Letizia. A loyal family member wouldn't do this to someone.

There's a lot of really horrible people out there, and this guy's one of them.

What a despicable man!
No wonder Letizia chose to severe ties with him: betrayal by a family member is the worst kind there can be.

Why would his kids need to know some of this information especially relating to abortion if that did happen. Don't really know. Makes no sense to me. That is not something that a cousin would share with their children.

Sounds like this cousin has a bone to pick with Letizia. A loyal family member wouldn't do this to someone.

He never said he wanted his kids to know about Letizia's abortion but rather about the price de family have paid, becoming in enemies one from the other, he talks on the book about how Letizia used to lie to her own family because she was very paranoid and wanted to know who was the whisle blower.

He also talks about the moment when Felipe and Letizia asked him to find and destroy the abortion documents (I guess if they wanted to do that is because indeed it was and it is a very bad stuff for the future Queen of a catholic monarchy in a pretty much catholic country, they wanted to destroy the documents for a reason, if it were so normal they would of live it like that) and about the toll the family have paid because of the marriage, including the death of Erika, I guess he will explain a bit more about this in the book itself and apparently the book have lots of juicy anecdotes along with a nice bunch of never before published photos of Letizia and the family, he also talks about the Royal Family and their reactions towards Letizia and Letizia's family.

Of course out of everything the press have said about the book the highlights and what the people and the press are talking about is about the abortion, Twitter, FB, social media, everybody is talking about Cristina's imputation and Letizia's abortion, but again the dedication of the book is to his kids and to Erika, in general, not the abortion part.

Regards.

Back
Top Bottom