The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #161  
Old 04-12-2013, 05:05 AM
ANNIE_S's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: -, Spain
Posts: 2,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alondra View Post

- Abortion is legal during the first 14 weeks. This law was passed in 2010, however abortion was considered a medical procedure on a doctor's recommendation before then.
And anybody who lived in Spain before 2010 knows as well that the situation was pretty much the same than now. If a woman wanted to have an abortion, she only had to look for a doctor who signed the medical consent so she could be taken into the third supossed considered for legal abortion: the risk for the mother´s mental health or something like that.

I applauded the reform of the law back them because, in fact, with the free abortion during the 14 weeks they only regulated a situation already existing: anybody could have an abortion during the first 14 weeks. Now, after the changes in the law, things are done more cleanly and openly and, more important, there are no longer the "bussiness" that some used to do with this subject.

I think this is a little bit too political for the forums, but I felt the neccessity of explain how abortion processes worked/work in Spain
__________________

__________________
Palaces are not the ones that dignify kings; kings are the ones who honor them with their presence.
Isabel, ep. 26

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Reply With Quote
  #162  
Old 04-12-2013, 05:13 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Westmeath, Ireland
Posts: 8,636
How is the book going down in Spain?
__________________

__________________
30th of July 1936-Birth of HRH The Infanta Pilar of Spain, Duchess of Badajoz, Dowager Viscountess de la Torre
Reply With Quote
  #163  
Old 04-12-2013, 05:16 AM
Alondra's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
And anybody who lived in Spain before 2010 knows as well that the situation was pretty much the same than now. If a woman wanted to have an abortion, she only had to look for a doctor who signed the medical consent so she could be taken into the third supossed considered for legal abortion: the risk for the mother´s mental health or something like that.

I applauded the reform of the law back them because, in fact, with the free abortion during the 14 weeks they only regulated a situation already existing: anybody could have an abortion during the first 14 weeks. Now, after the changes in the law, things are done more cleanly and openly and, more important, there are no longer the "bussiness" that some used to do with this subject.

I think this is a little bit too political for the forums, but I felt the neccessity of explain how abortion processes worked/work in Spain
Totally agree Annie. An you're right. Unless you are a Spaniard few people can understand that there wasn't much of a realistic, pragmatic difference in abortion laws in Spain before and after 2010.

I'm sure mods are experienced enough to know the difference between using politics to belittle an opinion and giving a political framework to what's happening in Spain right now.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #164  
Old 04-12-2013, 05:18 AM
Alondra's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 290
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
How is the book going down in Spain?
The book is simply not going. You can buy it in Amazon but that's about it. Most book stores don't have it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #165  
Old 04-12-2013, 05:23 AM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Westmeath, Ireland
Posts: 8,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alondra View Post
The book is simply not going. You can buy it in Amazon but that's about it. Most book stores don't have it.
Good it sounds llike something that should only be used to light a fire with!
__________________
30th of July 1936-Birth of HRH The Infanta Pilar of Spain, Duchess of Badajoz, Dowager Viscountess de la Torre
Reply With Quote
  #166  
Old 04-12-2013, 05:28 AM
blauerengel's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 1,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alondra View Post
The book is simply not going. You can buy it in Amazon but that's about it. Most book stores don't have it.
I am relieved & extremely happy to read that! Seems like the Spanish people know who to trust and don´t waste their money on such crappy books

Also,they don´t like to be fooled and distracted from the REAL problems that are so many now,not only the Urdangarin case & Juan Carlos affairs....the economic situation is much worse and needs to be improved as fast as possible.
I have heard that there are now so many young people with no jobs ( even those with good education!) and those who have a job often have to work for a very bad salary
__________________
Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.
Avoiding danger in the long run is no safer than outright exposure.
Life is either a daring adventure,or nothing
. Helen Keller
Reply With Quote
  #167  
Old 04-12-2013, 05:43 AM
ANNIE_S's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: -, Spain
Posts: 2,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
How is the book going down in Spain?
Well, in Amazon.es it´s on the first place on the lists of best sellers.
Amazon.es Los más vendidos: Los productos más populares en Libros

But if we consider that book stores aren´t selling it, maybe those are the only ones buying it...
And well, not many people buy books nowadays, you have to take in account the Internet downloads (someone put a link on this same thread), so I think there are many people reading the book right now.
__________________
Palaces are not the ones that dignify kings; kings are the ones who honor them with their presence.
Isabel, ep. 26

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Reply With Quote
  #168  
Old 04-12-2013, 09:00 AM
Avicenna's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: North of Lake Constance, Germany
Posts: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
I think she doesn´t have to make a public apologize, as long as she hasn´t done anything illegal. Why should she apologize for something that happened before she got married and so before being Spain´s representative?

I´ve always thought that MM public apologize was humilliating. I would never have accept to do it, and I think no woman should be forced to apologize for something that isn´t anybody´s bussiness but hers (I don´t think a man should, either, but somehow that a man wouldn´t have had to do what MM did...)
Well, there is at least one historical example where a man had to do penance ... the so called Walk to Canossa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back in 1077 Henry IV thought the Holy Roman Empire was worth it to kneel in front of Pope Gregory and beg for forgiveness.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #169  
Old 04-12-2013, 09:15 AM
Bine221's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
Well, in Amazon.es it´s on the first place on the lists of best sellers.
Amazon.es Los más vendidos: Los productos más populares en Libros

But if we consider that book stores aren´t selling it, maybe those are the only ones buying it...
And well, not many people buy books nowadays, you have to take in account the Internet downloads (someone put a link on this same thread), so I think there are many people reading the book right now.

I really, really hope, that the book of this git will remain dusted in the shelfs.... I simply do not wish, that this snitch is becoming rich by betraying his own blood.
BYe Bine
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #170  
Old 04-12-2013, 12:23 PM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bine221 View Post
I really, really hope, that the book of this git will remain dusted in the shelfs....
The book is now sold out at Amazon and at the editor's website (Foca). I guess the opposite is the case, because most 'serious' Spanish papers or bookshops did not cover/distribute the book, people got even more interested in it. Those who are insterested are from the online-generation anyway, don't necessarily go into bookstores to buy a book they want to read.

I think the publisher didn't expect so many people wanting to buy, as Cunill's or Morton's book weren't top sellers, but then, David Rocasolano is family and not some 2nd or 3rd source author.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #171  
Old 04-12-2013, 12:39 PM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,157
If I understood well, at the time she did it (IF she did it) it was illegal. It is different to do something illegal, and different to do something against the Church, and for a future Queen the fîrst is much worst than the second, at least in my opinion.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old 04-12-2013, 02:35 PM
ANNIE_S's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: -, Spain
Posts: 2,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
If I understood well, at the time she did it (IF she did it) it was illegal. It is different to do something illegal, and different to do something against the Church, and for a future Queen the fîrst is much worst than the second, at least in my opinion.
There is no evidence that the supossed abortion was illegal. The fact that it was done before 2010 doesn´t mean it was illegal.
It´s what I tried to explain before: many, many women used to have abortions back then, just as they do nowadays. They only had to be taken in the third supossed to get a permission. And as I said, that wasn´t a very hard thing to achieve, since I know some cases...
__________________
Palaces are not the ones that dignify kings; kings are the ones who honor them with their presence.
Isabel, ep. 26

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old 04-12-2013, 03:57 PM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,413
It's likely that for the church it was illegal/violated canon law. It would have caused huge problems at the time in 2003 and the man in question, archbishop Varela, is totally anti-abortion (same goes for Queen Sofia as mentioned in her own biography).

Knowing about an alledged abortion would have put the church into an almost impossible position, let alone the Kings, I mean Eva Sannum wasnt good enough because she posed in underwear etc, Isabel Sartorius had to go because of flawed family members, one can only imagine what divorce & abortion would have meant.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #174  
Old 04-12-2013, 04:42 PM
cepe's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,320
Speculate, speculate, speculate.

We don't know if the accusation is true
If the accusation is true, we don't know the reason for it
It's private anyway
We don't know if the king knew or not
Felipe wanted to marry her regardless of any history
Letizia's and Felipe have a happy marriage
Royal duties are being carried out as required
David R is making a lot of money out of the book
David R, if what he has written is true, has broken a confidence

Has anyone commenting read the book?
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Reply With Quote
  #175  
Old 04-12-2013, 07:08 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Waterford, United States
Posts: 867
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Speculate, speculate, speculate.

We don't know if the accusation is true
If the accusation is true, we don't know the reason for it
It's private anyway
We don't know if the king knew or not
Felipe wanted to marry her regardless of any history
Letizia's and Felipe have a happy marriage
Royal duties are being carried out as required
David R is making a lot of money out of the book
David R, if what he has written is true, has broken a confidence

Has anyone commenting read the book?
You are so right! It's no one's business but Letizia's, not really even Felipe's. Her 'cousin' just wanted to get the story out there? Why? There is no one who will benefit- not Spain, not the SRF, and certainly not Letizia's little girls. What a creep.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #176  
Old 04-12-2013, 07:28 PM
nascarlucy's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Central Florida Area, United States
Posts: 1,331
Ths is exactly what the author of this book has wanted, to stir the pot and this is what has happened by the comments of this and other blogs and I imagine similiar comments elsewhere. Abortion is a issue that is emotional and it stirs the pot when discussed. Just the word does it without adding anything to it. That is all I will say about that.

IMO MM didn't owe anyone an apology for her past. Wasn't like she was hiding her past and then it was found out later (people knew her past). Neither does Letizia regardless of what she did or didn't do.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #177  
Old 04-12-2013, 07:34 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: many places, United States
Posts: 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladongas View Post
You are so right! It's no one's business but Letizia's, not really even Felipe's. Her 'cousin' just wanted to get the story out there? Why? There is no one who will benefit- not Spain, not the SRF, and certainly not Letizia's little girls. What a creep.
Look, even if she did have a termination, it might have been perfectly legal. It could have been a health issue and seeing how her other pregnancies went [the ones made public since marriage] I wouldn't be at all surprised. It happens and on the official medical papers it still states abortion, believe me I know.
__________________
Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet shed on the heel that crushed it - Mark Twain
Reply With Quote
  #178  
Old 04-12-2013, 07:46 PM
nascarlucy's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Central Florida Area, United States
Posts: 1,331
My mother had a miscarriage back in the early 1950's. On the medical record it is often listed as spontaneous abortion which is a misnomer (word that doesn't fit). I was told by her doctor that this is a medical term for miscarriage but someone who doesn't know that would think otherwise.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #179  
Old 04-12-2013, 08:37 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 3,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarlucy View Post
My mother had a miscarriage back in the early 1950's. On the medical record it is often listed as spontaneous abortion which is a misnomer (word that doesn't fit). I was told by her doctor that this is a medical term for miscarriage but someone who doesn't know that would think otherwise.
It was listed as "spontaneous abortion" when I miscarried in the early 70s too.
__________________
“We live in a world where we have to hide to make love, while violence is practiced in broad daylight.”
~~~ John Lennon ~~~
Reply With Quote
  #180  
Old 04-12-2013, 09:32 PM
RJC's Avatar
RJC RJC is offline
Commoner
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
It was listed as "spontaneous abortion" when I miscarried in the early 70s too.
Likewise I miscarried in the 80s and had a nurse look at my file next hospital visit and say "you've had an abortion". I think it was because of the D&C required afterwards just to avoid risk of infection.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
book, books, controversy, letizia, princess letizia


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
King Carl XVI Gustaf's Jubilee Year; 2013 Kingen King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia 375 11-30-2013 05:33 PM
The 37th International Circus Festival of Monte-Carlo &"New Generation" Festival 2013 iceflower Princely Family of Monaco 43 02-06-2013 11:25 AM
"Six Wives: The Queens of Henry VIII" by David Starkey (2003) ysbel Royal Library 12 11-19-2011 02:44 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince felipe crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta elena jordan kate middleton king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympics ottoman picture of the month pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince joachim prince laurent prince pieter-christiaan princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marie princess mary queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit wedding william


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:29 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]