"Adios Princesa" by David Rocasolano [Letizia's cousin] (2013)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I do not believe for a minute that F & L are only "accessoires" to the Spanish royal family...
Thanks, Blauerengel, I see this exactly the same.
Letizia-bashing has been a common practise for many people during the last years and I feel really sorry for her, as - whatever she does - she never will do it right. I think she is working harder than any other CP. Lack of substance? What does this mean? Other CPs are also taking care of various social problems and may give the impression of being everywhere but taking care about nothing in particular. Letizia´s prios are Media and rare deseases - no issue with that.

Regarding the book: I still believe, this is a NO NO NO NO NO Go from a cousin who claimed to be a "favorite cousin" in the past to write a book and blaming her this way just to make money. Shame on him! There are simply NO excuses for an action like this. Fullstop.
BYe Bine

Last edited by a moderator:
Do we ever saw at least one picture of Letizia's first wedding??

I never saw pictures of her first wedding.

...I´m sure he isn´t. I laugh when people says that Rouco and the CC will excommuniate anybody from the royal family.
Letizia's life prior to marrying into the SRF is both irrelevant and none of our business. What she did or did not do is between her and her God (if one believes in such a thing). Judge her on how she has fulfilled her responsibilities as Princess of Asturias, full stop.

The lives of previously private citizens prior to their taking on a public role should be off-limits, except where there is an overwhelming public interest in its being assessed. The British PM, David Cameron, has consistently refused to answer questions about his life before he went into politics, namely whether he took drugs as a student. As he said, most people don't live their lives thinking 'oh, I better not do anything even slightly controversial in case I marry a public figure some day'.

:previous:
I completely agree with everything you have said.

How can it be credible?

He claimed it is not personal, but he said he felt betrayed by the palace and the book is titled against her. He might be written off as an unhappy relative, except it could have done a disservice to shedding light on the monarchy, because his methods are quite irredeemable.

It is a character assassination (not that it can't be more than that, but that's what it is). He's relying on making her look bad to sell his story. Trying to qualify it by saying she 'changed to fit her circumstances' is a weak defense, because it still works off the assumption that she changed for the worst and feeds back into the negative image he's building (or capitalizing on).

Last edited:
my book have arrived last tuesday and it has inside some private pictures of letizia and felipe too.

Nice pictures, thanks for sharing rchainho:)
Felipe looks so much like his mother, he has exactly the same eyes,mouth and facial structure!
The pictures of Felipe, Letizia and family are the only positive aspect about that book IMO. The whole gossip that is written in it should not have been published, but the private photos are very nice to look at.

Those private photos should never have been published. The royals are photographed constantly by professional photographers, paparazzis and people. Their private photos should be their own and not to be published. Everyone should understand it and respect the royals they are close to.
But by publishing them Rocasolano does a huge favour to Letizia and Felipe, everyone can see from the photos that all the ugly things he has written about Letizia, are lies.

Last edited:
the abortion is a lie? With photocopy of documents and her name there? REALLY?

Those private photos should never have been published...
Why not? The private photos aren't bad. Letizia's cousin didn't write lies about her. Her abortion was an open secret in Spain for many years. Her official documents are true.

Why not? The private photos aren't bad. Letizia's cousin didn't write lies about her. Her abortion was an open secret in Spain for many years. Her official documents are true.

I meant that this Rocasolanno writes that Letizia is an awful person and doesn't get along with anyone, these photos show just a very different person. I haven't read the book and I think that this Rocasolano is a man with a lot of troubles. He has to answer himself eventually in some point of his life if this betrayal of Letizia was necessary.
No one should publish private photos of anyone unless the persons in those photos themselves publish them.

I meant that this Rocasolanno writes that Letizia is an awful person and doesn't get along with anyone, these photos show just a very different person. ... He has to answer himself eventually in some point of his life if this betrayal of Letizia was necessary.
No one should publish private photos of anyone unless the persons in those photos themselves publish them.

It's not true per se. He describes the change when Letizia became involved with Felipe to fit in with the royal house. This book is not a character assassination but about exposing hypocracy that comes when dealing with the SRF. Obviously Letizia became a member of the SRF and those two worlds collided. The author writes a lot of positive things, eg about Felipe or the Queen, doesnt doubt that they are in love.

I agree with the rest you said. F&L were far too naive in the beginning and Letizia had a bad start, her personality didnt charm people as much as she thought it would. The SRF have their share of guilt in handling this whole situation too. When they said that they were delighted for their son, I thought, seriously? A divorced girl, much lower class than their own, there must have been disappointment (probably an understatement) but instead they went with the fake praise that nobody believed anyway, this is the SRF, conservative to the bone. You could see in the Kings' faces what they really thought. And then, if Letizia had been a little more humble, instead she presented herself like god's gift to monarchy, talking all the time, really full of herself and her achievements. It looked like she was the heiress and Felipe the consort to marry. But that's obviously Letizia's character, nothing wrong and good for a career woman, what we see now is trained going through the motions, depending on the event, nothing authentic or spontaneous but controlled to the max.

I believe the author has a point but nobody needs such relatives of course. There are other people behind this book, David Rocasolano only gave credibiltiy to the story. I can only agree with what Madrid said, the abortion was an old story, known for years already, it's only that somebody from the family confirmed it.

People are now discussing the bike photos, ridiculous or down-to-earth-funny?
http://www.vanitatis.com/casas-real...idiculizar-a-los-principes-de-asturias-24413/

Last edited:
Of course there are others behind this too with a goal. If you want to destabilize a monarchy, destroy the weakest person aka the new one. And if it´s a woman, even better. The same game do they play with Masako, but with the goal to go back to the old times.

And then, if Letizia had been a little more humble, instead she presented herself like god's gift to monarchy,

She wasn´t afraid of the monarchy, maybe this is what many provoked :whistling:

Last edited:
And then, if Letizia had been a little more humble, instead she presented herself like god's gift to monarchy, talking all the time, really full of herself and her achievements. It looked like she was the heiress and Felipe the consort to marry. But that's obviously Letizia's character, nothing wrong and good for a career woman, what we see now is trained going through the motions, depending on the event, nothing authentic or spontaneous but controlled to the max.

How exactly did she present herself as god's gift to the monarchy? She has only spoken to the press twice since her marriage and those two times were around the time of the engagement - when it was announced and on the day of the engagement itself. During both of these occasions, Felipe spoke far more than she did and was quite clearly in charge. In my IMO, she spoke confidently but did not boast of her achievements even though there was a lot to be proud of.

Since her marriage, she has done everything that has been asked of her and more. While I would like JC and the men in Zarzuela give her the kind of role that she is clearly capable of and soon, she has been very supportive of Felipe and has never ever pushed herself to the front in events with him. Most people who have observed the Spanish Royal Family for years have observed the positive change in Felipe since he married Letizia. Could we not focus on all the good that she has done instead of heaping blame on her for some things which are clearly beyond her control?

Letizia's cousin only talked about the documents, he hasn't shown any of the documents to prove the abortion anywhere except for 3 random receipts (not so hard to fake those receipts), no medical record, no Letizia's signature on anything.

Last edited:
How exactly did she present herself as god's gift to the monarchy?...
Completely agree with you. Compared to other royal houses promoting their new brides, the SRF had done very little to promote Letizia. Soon after the engagement, there were already rumors of Felipe giving his father ultimatum to marry her. I don't remember Letizia ever talked about her achievements. She was a news anchor, her achievements were there for everyone to see. Even these days, Letizia can speak better in public than the rest of the royal family including Felipe, what can you do about it ?

It's not true per se. He describes the change when Letizia became involved with Felipe to fit in with the royal house. This book is not a character assassination but about exposing hypocracy that comes when dealing with the SRF. Obviously Letizia became a member of the SRF and those two worlds collided. The author writes a lot of positive things, eg about Felipe or the Queen, doesnt doubt that they are in love.

That's exactly the hypocrisy of David Rocasolano and his book. Obviously he loved to be around F&L and being invited to various parties. He took grudge against Letizia after he was removed from the intimate circle of friends of F&L due to his involvement in the corruption case. He might be innocent, but he was out of the intimate circle. Two worlds collide ? Nobody forced those relatives to go to anything if they didn't want to go. The two siblings of David Rocasolano had been present at any occasion.

She was a news anchor, her achievements were there for everyone to see.
The rumor says that she became news anchor, when the palace asked it. They wanted her to be a familiar face before announcing the marriage.
As for her achievements, do not exagerate... she was not Oprah or Christiane Amanpour. She was a good local field reporter, a little kmown in Spain and completely uknown out of Spain.

Nobody said she would be like Oprah or Amanpour since her language is Spanish. Oprah or Christiane Amanpour was not where they are today at the age of 30 years old, right ? Letizia had always been a rising star on the TV news, a national stage news anchor and correspondent long before she met Felipe. Before she became Felipe's girlfriend, she already hosted news on CNN+, national weekly news, morning news, afternoon news on TV, Euro special, went to US to report the presidential election of Bush and Gore, 9/11, Iraq war. She was hosting 2-hour special daily on Iraq war on TVE. Eventually she became the highest rating evening news anchor in Spain, there was no proof she got it through Felipe. Of course, some of her haters would like to say anything to undermine her. To be honest, for a young journalist who could get a job to host any of the news programs above, it was already a big achievement, she got elected by CNN+ out of hundreds of young journalists.

Letizia's cousin only talked about the documents, he hasn't shown any of the documents to prove the abortion anywhere except for 3 random receipts (not so hard to fake those receipts), no medical record, no Letizia's signature on anything.

If that is true, then the SRF's attorneys(and they do exist)would have quietly contacted this man and threatened to sue him into the next century for publishing false info about the Princess.

I tend to believe that the the abortion story is true. It's been an open secret in the tabloids, on the Internet and some say in Spain itself.

My question is this...how could someone do this their own blood relative? Someone they loved and grew up in the same family with? That's a lot of bitterness there. :sad:

Last edited:
My question is this...how could someone do this their own blood relative? Someone they loved and grew up in the same family with? That's a lot of bitterness there. :sad:

Bitteness sure. Money certainly, especially since he has had issues with corruption and his legal practice likely suffers.
Not really unique, trying to make money off of more famous family is a pretty tried and true practice. Marina Ogilvy and Margarita de Bourbon Parme spring to mind, and of course any number of Hollywood types have had relations write sensational stories about them. At the end of the day almost anyone is willing to sell you out for the right amount of $$$$, its merely the price that is negotiable,

If that is true, then the SRF's attorneys(and they do exist)would have quietly contacted this man and threatened to sue him into the next century for publishing false info about the Princess.

I tend to believe that the the abortion story is true. It's been an open secret in the tabloids, on the Internet and some say in Spain itself.

The press said Letizia had wanted to sue her cousin, but her mom (Paloma Rocasolano) stopped her, she didn't want a family war. Anyway, I don't know the abortion story was true or not, but the book didn't show sufficient proof IMO. The printed receipts can easily be faked. If the publisher had the medical record, why didn't they show it in the book as they showed the divorce paper ?
Like NGalitzine said his legal practice likely suffered after he involved in a corruption case. He had also been sued by his famous clients (children of a famous singer) over an inheritance case since he threatened them. He probably needed money. Likely he had been offered lots of money since the publisher obviously had an agenda. The real reason he did the book for his children (as he stated) was money for his children, not because of other reasons.

Last edited:
Isn't publishing a person's medical records a criminal act? And I still say that publishing fake "receipts" from an abortion clinic is defamatory enough to a public person..particularly someone in Letizia's position...to have warranted a CEASE AND DESIST order from the SRF's attorneys to have prevented them from being published in the first place. With all due respect to Letizia's mother, this already IS a family war!

The SRF are quick to deny any info that is untrue about it's members, so why not this particular allegation about Letizia? She is going to be Queen of Spain someday. I cannot understand why they don't categorically deny something this serious.

My siblings and my cousins and I are all crazy, goofy in love with one another. This shocks and saddens me more than I can say, that Letizia's own blood would stab her in the back for money.

NGalitzine I don't remember anything about Margarita di Parme, but I sure remember Marina Ogilvy and her silly, manipulative open letter to "Cousin Lilibet". She disgusts me to this day!

Last edited:
...Letizia had always been a rising star on the TV news, a national stage news anchor and correspondent long before she met Felipe...
First of all, persnally I m not a Letizia's hater, not at all. I'm not from Spain, but as far as I kmow she is a serious person, well in her tasks.
Nevertheless, I read very in intermatinal press (not tabloids) that more than one year before her engagement she was quite uknown in Spain, and most of the intermational coverages she did where done after her meeting Felipe.
Of course, there is no proof that the Palace helped her, just dates coincidence.
It does not say that she had no value in her job, I m just reacting to the sentence "her achievements" because some people represent her then as the Amanpour or the Anne Sinclair of her country, known by everyone already at her age.
And being spanish is an advantage, the worldwide possible coverage is huge, spanish is spoken very widely.
I can formulate the question to the Spaniards:
BEFORE october 2002, how many of you knew Letizia Ortiz, as an established jourmalist?
At least at a national scale?

Letizia only got the 'top job' that most people are now referring to - co-achoring the evening news with Alfredo Urdaci, her boss - around six weeks before the engagement was made public - the evening news is what everyone watches and makes faces popular.

Now its up to everyone's imagination why she got exactly this job at exactly that stage :whistling: its about the timing, not about questioning Letizia's qualifications. It seemed much easier to present a future Queen whose face was familiar to most Spaniards (which wasnt the case before), on top of her profession, if only for six weeks.

Back
Top Bottom