The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #121  
Old 04-10-2013, 03:24 PM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,430
I think it has less to do with a catholic majority etc. For me it's about being prepared to decive your own family and the instititions that a heir to the throne should pay respect to. From the beginning the rushed engagement gave the impression that there is something to hide in Letizia's past and therefore she was presented as finacee straight away, before the press could start digging.

I couldn't care less about what the private citizen Letizia Ortiz has done in her past until it becomes hypocritical when representing the institutions that stand for something very different. And Felipito thinking in all honesty that anti-monarchy or other movements would back off from this farce in the long run.

I am no fan of Mette-Marit, but at least she came clear of her shortcomings with regard to her future position prior to her marriage. In comparison, Letizia Ortiz was sold as the best thing since sliced bread, and many Spaniards remained sceptical from the beginning. Letizia will polarize forever, not a good thing for Spain at all.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-new-book.html
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 04-10-2013, 05:05 PM
Al_bina's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: City, Kazakhstan
Posts: 5,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
... [snipped]
I am no fan of Mette-Marit, but at least she came clear of her shortcomings with regard to her future position prior to her marriage. In comparison, Letizia Ortiz was sold as the best thing since sliced bread, and many Spaniards remained sceptical from the beginning. Letizia will polarize forever, not a good thing for Spain at all. ...[snipped]
That was a shrewd move on part of the Norwegian royal family.
__________________

__________________
"To watch the sun sink behind a flower clad hill.
To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
And, subtle shadows of bamboo on bamboo." Zeami Motokiyo
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 04-10-2013, 05:23 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 3,788
I've been reading this thread for a while and am wondering something. Why did the author choose to name the book "Adios Princesa". Am I reading my limited Spanish right in thinking the book title is "Goodbye Princess"?

Just the title to me suggests that he's out to discredit.
__________________
“We live in a world where we have to hide to make love, while violence is practiced in broad daylight.”
~~~ John Lennon ~~~
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 04-10-2013, 07:05 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
That was a shrewd move on part of the Norwegian royal family.
Yes, it got everything out in the open right from the start.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 04-10-2013, 09:15 PM
nascarlucy's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Central Florida Area, United States
Posts: 1,331
Letizia seems to be a victim of a witch hunt. Whether she did or didn't have an abortion is a private matter. It's really no one elses business except hers. This would only become an issue if she was out condemning those who have had abortions and it was proven that she'd had one.

I don't really think it's fair that she's been singled out or people want to investigate this matter. This has to do with the double standards and harsh judgment of women who don't live up to unrealistic standards.

Most people don't follow the religious faith they grew up with 100%. I'm sure that this is true of royalty in general whether they be male or female.. You don't see newspapers in their country because they don't live their religious faith 100% demanding that they be investigated or demanding that their private life being investigated.

You also don't see church leaders in their countries getting involved in their private life either even if they know that they haven't lived their faith 100%.
Chances are they don't want to touch this with a ten foot pole.

Over the centuries male royals have cheated on their spouses, fathered children out of wedlock and have done other things which are considered wrong by Church standards (doesn't matter what faith or religious background they come from. these things are universally considered by church officials to be morally wrong). The women involved with these men have always been demonized and judged or blamed for this happening over the centuries. This rarely happens to the men.

Also if this had been a case where an heir to the throne, a prince or someone high up in royalty got their girlfriend or partner pregnant and the girlfriend or partner had an abortion due to pressure from this individual or their family, I really wonder if someone would demand that they be investigated or investigate the matter. That would never happen. The woman involved would be demonized.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 04-11-2013, 12:38 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post

I am no fan of Mette-Marit, but at least she came clear of her shortcomings with regard to her future position prior to her marriage. In comparison, Letizia Ortiz was sold as the best thing since sliced bread, and many Spaniards remained sceptical from the beginning. Letizia will polarize forever, not a good thing for Spain at all.

'The world must know the truth about Princess Letizia': Defiance of cousin who claims she had an abortion in new book | Mail Online
How about MM's sex and drug tape the NRF wanted to buy (her ex boyfriend revealed later) ? The Norwegian press is nothing like the Spanish press, they don't do witch hunt. I'm sure if Felipe had married someone like MM, the Spanish press would have a lot more things to talk, to invent than whatever had been out on MM. For example, Jaime Penafiel already called MM a prostitute (no proof she was) openly. Do you naively think the Spanish press would just stop after the marriage when so many people can make a good living on the 'good' stories of their CPss ? What an easy job to invent an 'exclusive' story to pocket a few thousand euros !
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 04-11-2013, 01:18 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
Do you naively think the Spanish press would just stop after the marriage when so many people can make a good living on the 'good' stories of their CPss ? What an easy job to invent an 'exclusive' story to pocket a few thousand euros !
Not more or less naive than to believe that a past can buried by trying to deceive the institutions you are supposed to represent.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 04-11-2013, 02:11 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 2,309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Not more or less naive than to believe that a past can buried by trying to deceive the institutions you are supposed to represent.
By constitution, the Spanish king is not head of the Catholic church, not an absolute requirement to have a Catholic wedding. I'm sure everyone has been burying some of their private life, has something they don't want to talk about. We don't know how Felipe and Letizia's interpretation on how to present the Spanish monarchy, they might not 100% agree with his parents.

I'm not saying letizia's cousin was 100% lying, you probably shouldn't believe 100% what he had said, especially the details (he already got many things wrong). Her cousin's story was on Sept 2003, a couple of months before the engagement, I don't know if a no name lawyer can demand the hospital to clean a client's record ? If the abortion was true, the hospital must have given a valid reason that people can't challenge maybe except Letizia herself.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 04-11-2013, 05:26 AM
Nice Nofret's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Zürich, Switzerland
Posts: 378
When s.o. has an abortion, you wouldn't let your family know. And there is no way my family would know if I had an abortion or not!

If you are very close to your mother or sister, maybe you would let that person know - but I very much doubt any cousin would know about that very personal decision.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 04-11-2013, 05:37 AM
Lenora's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 2,056
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Nofret View Post
When s.o. has an abortion, you wouldn't let your family know. And there is no way my family would know if I had an abortion or not!

If you are very close to your mother or sister, maybe you would let that person know - but I very much doubt any cousin would know about that very personal decision.
I agree, but sometimes a piece of personal information could drop out "accidentally" and then may be used in the worst way.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 04-11-2013, 05:41 AM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,159
I'm astonished that Jaime Penafiel did not already spoke about the content of this book, it is a dream occasion for him. Is he in good health?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 04-11-2013, 09:18 AM
Sira's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Dakar, Senegal
Posts: 189
I am so shocked! I cannot believe that a person betray her own relative! David Rocasolano is an evil.
The motive behind all this is to discredit Letizia in the eyes of the world.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 04-11-2013, 09:20 AM
dbarn67's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: BROOKLYN, United States
Posts: 3,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sira View Post
I am so shocked! I cannot believe that a person betray her own relative! David Rocasolano is an evil.
The motive behind all this is to discredit Letizia in the eyes of the world.
Naah, I think the motive is money pure & simple.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 04-11-2013, 09:33 AM
fandesacs2003's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 3,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
Naah, I think the motive is money pure & simple.
Agree!!! Money and also some form of revenge!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 04-11-2013, 10:57 AM
Al_bina's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: City, Kazakhstan
Posts: 5,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
... [snipped] Do you naively think the Spanish press would just stop after the marriage when so many people can make a good living on the 'good' stories of their CPss ? What an easy job to invent an 'exclusive' story to pocket a few thousand euros !
It would be impossible to determine whether or not the Spanish press would have started a serious onslaught. If it did, it would have been a perfect opportunity for Crown Prince Felipe to stand by the woman he loves like Crown Prince Haakon did.
__________________
"To watch the sun sink behind a flower clad hill.
To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
And, subtle shadows of bamboo on bamboo." Zeami Motokiyo
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 04-11-2013, 02:51 PM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
By constitution, the Spanish king is not head of the Catholic church, not an absolute requirement to have a Catholic wedding. I'm sure everyone has been burying some of their private life, has something they don't want to talk about. We don't know how Felipe and Letizia's interpretation on how to present the Spanish monarchy, they might not 100% agree with his parents.

I'm not saying letizia's cousin was 100% lying, you probably shouldn't believe 100% what he had said, especially the details (he already got many things wrong). Her cousin's story was on Sept 2003, a couple of months before the engagement, I don't know if a no name lawyer can demand the hospital to clean a client's record ? If the abortion was true, the hospital must have given a valid reason that people can't challenge maybe except Letizia herself.
I certainly do not believe 100% David Rocasolano has to say but I believe that this whole L&F/SRF story contains a lot of hyprocracy & fakeness, contrary to the story that was sold to the public.

The public will always forgive any shortcomings when it comes along with honesty and authenticiy, but it's hard to forgive deception in order to make somebody look perfect and flawless. If you don't agree with something, then why not stand up for it, including your possibly controversial choice of wife, instead of faking consent with the conservative & catholic values, fooling the public. And now its all coming back, exploding right into the SRF's faces.

Looking behind the scenes of the SRF has been a traumatic experience for the Spanish public, which now includes every single adult member, maybe apart from Queen Sofia.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 04-11-2013, 03:00 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto (ON) & London (UK), Canada
Posts: 5,261
If the abortion story is true why would anyone in their right mind have expected Letiza or the SRF to have released that information publically at the time of the engagement or any time since then? I cannot see it as a deception in any way, unless there is some bizarre Spanish rule that says ones medical information must be a matter of public record for all members of the SRF as well as elected officials.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 04-11-2013, 03:19 PM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
If the abortion story is true why would anyone in their right mind have expected Letiza or the SRF to have released that information publically at the time of the engagement or any time since then? I cannot see it as a deception in any way, unless there is some bizarre Spanish rule that says ones medical information must be a matter of public record for all members of the SRF as well as elected officials.
I think that if the abortion story is true, you should think not only twice before marrying into a catholic royal house with close links to the church, probably even violating canon law.

Is easy to see (Diana of Wales) that not much will remain private if forces are out against you. I do not say this is right, but it is reality. As a public figure, you can expect your past to be discussed publicly. Even though spanish mainstream media did not cover the book, its sold like hot cakes in Spain (at least via amazon) so Spaniards seem to be interested in who truly represents them and receives taxpayer's money.

http://www.voxxi.com/adios-princesa-...tizia-secrets/
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 04-11-2013, 04:08 PM
Avicenna's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: North of Lake Constance, Germany
Posts: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Is easy to see (Diana of Wales) that not much will remain private if forces are out against you. I do not say this is right, but it is reality. As a public figure, you can expect your past to be discussed publicly.
True and I agree with your assessment. However, what is astonishing in this case, is IMHO the level of hate of the Letizias cousin as well as of her aunt. Pretty much must have gone wrong in the past to reach such a breakdown in communication. Plus it always takes two. A less ambitious and more family orientated Letizia might have prevented todays revelations simply by keeping a stronger family bond. Just my opinion of course.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 04-11-2013, 04:14 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto (ON) & London (UK), Canada
Posts: 5,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I think that if the abortion story is true, you should think not only twice before marrying into a catholic royal house with close links to the church, probably even violating canon law.

Is easy to see (Diana of Wales) that not much will remain private if forces are out against you. I do not say this is right, but it is reality. As a public figure, you can expect your past to be discussed publicly. Even though spanish mainstream media did not cover the book, its sold like hot cakes in Spain (at least via amazon) so Spaniards seem to be interested in who truly represents them and receives taxpayer's money.

‘Adios Princesa’—Princess Letizia's cousin reveals her dirty secrets
The public are always interested in scandal and gossip. Sex sells, not exactly a surprise. I am sure Letizia as a former journalist understands that all too well, as should other members of the SRF after the last couple of years. What I do not understand is your conviction that the public were deceived in any way. Surely the public did not expect that a 31 year old, previously married, well educated, career woman would be a virgin.

While the SRF may have official ties to the Church what makes you think that they are any more pious and devout that the Spanish public? A King has had a mistress. An Infanta has been divorced, as have other relatives in Spain.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
book, books, controversy, letizia, princess letizia


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
King Carl XVI Gustaf's Jubilee Year; 2013 Kingen King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia 375 11-30-2013 05:33 PM
The 37th International Circus Festival of Monte-Carlo &"New Generation" Festival 2013 iceflower Princely Family of Monaco 43 02-06-2013 11:25 AM
"Six Wives: The Queens of Henry VIII" by David Starkey (2003) ysbel Royal Library 12 11-19-2011 02:44 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events diana dutch royal history fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg ottoman pieter van vollenhoven pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince laurent prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess elisabeth princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marie princess mary queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia spain state visit visit wedding william


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:31 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]