"Adios Princesa" by David Rocasolano [Letizia's cousin] (2013)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, in Amazon.es it´s on the first place on the lists of best sellers.
Amazon.es Los más vendidos: Los productos más populares en Libros

But if we consider that book stores aren´t selling it, maybe those are the only ones buying it...
And well, not many people buy books nowadays, you have to take in account the Internet downloads (someone put a link on this same thread), so I think there are many people reading the book right now.

Well, in Marketing I have learnt that if something doesn´t sell,you have to present it as the hottest thing in town,so that everyone will believe they can´t live without it!
It is done for all the things that are NICE to have but not NEED to have-look at the HUGE campaigns of Coca Cola and Apple or other stuff-now,do you remember many ads that were telling you to buy bread or towels?

No?

...this is because these are products that everyone will buy and needs (well,maybe you don´t like/buy bread),but things like towels or toilet paper are not advertised a lot!With books and CD´s they often claim it is the talk of town,it is soooo hot and everyone buys it...so you should buy it too,unless you want to be an outsider and don´t know the talk of town:D

->I will NEVER buy that book,even though it means that I will not be fully aware of what is written in it,but the fact that he has accused Letizia of neglecting & being responsible for the suicide of her sister, is making me angry enough to NOT buy that book.This guy should not make a single penny with his filthy book.

Last edited:
My mother had a miscarriage back in the early 1950's. On the medical record it is often listed as spontaneous abortion which is a misnomer (word that doesn't fit). I was told by her doctor that this is a medical term for miscarriage but someone who doesn't know that would think otherwise.

I didn´t know that,luckily I never got pregnant or had any miscarriage,it must be very sad for a woman to have a miscarriage,especially when you are looking forward to having that baby :sad:
But at least I hope it didn´t have any lasting effects on your mother!

Thankfully this didn't have lasting effect on my mom.

I would hope that people don't buy this book but because it's has juicy details in it, people will buy the book.

That´s good to hear,I know a few women and it seems to be a very emotionally painful event to have a miscarriage,also some women can´t have children afterwards:-(
So this is why I am glad your mother is well-off!

I also hope that the book will stay in the shelves and be recycled for a different cause;-)
Someone here already suggested to use it to accelerate a fire...so maybe it could come useful for a pleasant BBQ in the garden....

I am absolutely against abortion, I think that's a sin, in fact the catholic church will excommunicated you (latae sententiae: on the moment you commit the crime), meaning you are out of communion, meaning if you were out of communion when you got married by the Catholic Church you aren't probably even married at all under God's eyes.

Mind you they were married by Cardinal Antonio Maria Rouco Varela, the first and most prominent crusader again'ts abortion in Spain.

But what bother's me the most is all the lies, and Felipe in particular, playing dirty, calling cousins to destroy documents, if he did this to marry Letizia what will he be capable of when he face a difficult State decision.

I never dislike her as a person but I dislike her as the future Princess of Asturias and future Queen of Spain and Today I see I was right on my guts, I don't see she will be a good Queen, she's not a unifying force but rather a very dividing element.

Last edited:
Letizia seems to be a victim of a witch hunt. Whether she did or didn't have an abortion is a private matter. It's really no one elses business except hers. This would only become an issue if she was out condemning those who have had abortions and it was proven that she'd had one.
I wonder if the father of the unborn child knew about Letizia's pregnancy, she didn't want kids with an unknown man but Felipe's kids were OK? and if she did have an abortion well, she should not go in front of the Pope representing the country because she surely don't represent me and surely shouldn't go with a while mantilla to the Vatican and to see the Pope later on, a condition only reserved for the Catholic Queens.

You are either one thing or the other, you can't be both.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:
You are assuming that the stories are correct.

Does anybody want to bet that Rouco Varela isn´t going to give a * about the matter?

I´m sure he isn´t. I laugh when people says that Rouco and the CC will excommuniate anybody from the royal family.

The abortion is a sin, but for the commoners. Powerful ones doesn´t have sins to the eyes of Rouco :cool:

I wonder if the father of the unborn child knew about Letizia's pregnancy, she didn't want kids with an unknown man but Felipe's kids were OK? and if she did have an abortion well, she should not go in front of the Pope representing the country because she surely don't represent me and surely shouldn't go with a while mantilla to the Vatican and to see the Pope later on, a condition only reserved for the Catholic Queens.

Whatever decision she made, if indeed the story is true in the first place, it was her decision to make and no one elses.
I sincerely doubt the Pope or any other Catholic official would take any action against her.

What do you mean by not take action against her? In what way would they take action?

If you are referring to abortion, the Church doesn't need to do anything, the sentence of automatic excommunication is immediate nothing needs to be done in an official way. In this country the only one who can remove this sentence would be a bishop or a specific priest if the bishop has given him the authority. "Regular" priests don't have that power here.

LaRae

I never dislike her as a person but I dislike her as the future Princess of Asturias and future Queen of Spain and Today I see I was right on my guts, I don't see she will be a good Queen, she's not a unifying force but rather a very dividing element.

??? Diving what ? Because she was rumored to have an abortion or she was against corruption ? Even if she did have an abortion, she was a private citizen, didn't have any power to divide anything. I thought the Spaniards were unified against corruption.

Last edited:
What do you mean by not take action against her? In what way would they take action?

If you are referring to abortion, the Church doesn't need to do anything, the sentence of automatic excommunication is immediate nothing needs to be done in an official way. In this country the only one who can remove this sentence would be a bishop or a specific priest if the bishop has given him the authority. "Regular" priests don't have that power here.

LaRae

I meant the Church will ignore the whole story. I doubt they would ever refuse her communion or a papal audiance or refuse her the right to wear white when she becomes Queen of Spain.

But what bother's me the most is all the lies, and Felipe in particular, playing dirty, calling cousins to destroy documents, if he did this to marry Letizia what will he be capable of when he face a difficult State decision.

Agree 100%

imo Letizia was a controversial choice from the beginning, not unifying but dividing in the long run. At some point after the wedding they almost showed some astonishment that many people didn't buy the Letizia-the-perfect-Princess campaign, as if they were sensing that somebody has just turned her former ideals upside down to become eligible for the Princess job. From outspoken to shutting up, from careerwoman to stepford wife, from flirty & modern to conservative, embracing Queen Sofia telling her what to do? It's rather opportunism than authenticy. Its the impression that Letizia wasn't head over heels in love but rather interested in the job, the 'project', as she said at the engagement press conference, that would bring her abilities from the Spanish evening news to world stage. At least she thought so.

I don't think the book will have some major impact because many people have already made up their mind about Letizia a long time ago. Maybe she gets some more boos when attending some major acts where the church is involved, but that is something the SRF has been getting used to anyway.

In general, the whole SRF fakeness has been unravelled, about the Kings, Elena & Jaime, Cristina & Inaki and now F&L. Why would they have been so different from the rest of the family.

I know that I repeat myself, but we do not have any clue wheter the stories and reported abortion has actually taken place,as to day it is only a rumour!!!!

Everyone is INNOCENT as long as they are not proven guilty,this is the way that our legal system works and thankfully it does work correctly most of the time,or does anyone want to be punished and judged for something they did NOT do?

Just because we know a person is not strictly anti-abortion does not mean they had one.I am against abortion and prefer an old-fashioned marriage to modern ways of relationships between men/women,but I am not so naive to believe that it always works out the way that we plan it.There are some good reasons to have an abortion when it means that the pregnancy could damage the health of the mother or when you know that the child will be so de-formed that it won´t be able to live...I find it quite harsh and cruel to judge women in such difficult situations-nobody wants to be in such a situation and make such a painful decision...most women prefer to have the baby but in some cases it is not possible...

Of course we do not know if it was true, we are discussing in the HYPOTHESIS that this abortion might happened. Out of the strict catholic world, millions of abortions are done worlwide and very few among them are for medical reasons, the strict majority are done just to correct an "accident".
In the world where Letizia used to live before meeting Felipe, it was not impossible for a young woman working hard to built a carrer not to be ready to have a baby and consequently to get rid of, even if of course it was a painfull choice.

I do not say that she did it, as i can not know it, but i believe that the Letizia of then, would do it.

And back again to hypothesis, IF she did it it was not for medical reasons, as in this case it was easier to tell the truth, than to try to hide it.

Last edited:
Agree 100%

imo Letizia was a controversial choice from the beginning, not unifying but dividing in the long run. At some point after the wedding they almost showed some astonishment that many people didn't buy the Letizia-the-perfect-Princess campaign, as if they were sensing that somebody has just turned her former ideals upside down to become eligible for the Princess job. From outspoken to shutting up, from careerwoman to stepford wife, from flirty & modern to conservative, embracing Queen Sofia telling her what to do? It's rather opportunism than authenticy. Its the impression that Letizia wasn't head over heels in love but rather interested in the job, the 'project', as she said at the engagement press conference, that would bring her abilities from the Spanish evening news to world stage. At least she thought so.

Besides the love, there is nothing wrong to talk about the job at the press conference, perhaps there is culture difference between countries. Of course for people who dislike/hate Letizia, they can interprate whatever they want. Bottom line, is it so hard to fall in love with someone like Felipe ? Even her cousin David R said in his book he never doubted their love. Maybe there were too many women dreaming about Felipe, thus incredible amount of jealousy and hatre towards Letizia.

I don't think the book will have some major impact because many people have already made up their mind about Letizia a long time ago. Maybe she gets some more boos when attending some major acts where the church is involved, but that is something the SRF has been getting used to anyway.

In general, the whole SRF fakeness has been unravelled, about the Kings, Elena & Jaime, Cristina & Inaki and now F&L. Why would they have been so different from the rest of the family.

Perhaps Letizia has become more religious after she became Felipe's wife (didn't this happen to almost every other CPss in Europe), maybe she just fulfills her role as the future queen, it's rather a personal issue. About the so called 'fakeness' of the royals, it's probably universal among all the RFs, why single out the SRF ? Except Sofia thought smile could 'solve' everything (she is an old school royal), I actually don't see that much fakeness among other 3 couples. Abortion as a private citizen (if true) has nothing to do with royals embezzling public money.

Last edited:
I can not really have an opinion, because I do not know Spanish mentality, around 2003, but could not be much more appreciated a Felipe asking Letizia to talk openly about her abortion (IF real) rather than lying to his Parents and to the whole nation and trying to destroy medical files?
A kind of Mette Marit confession?

Why not?? Or was this impossible to be accepted by the Spanish People???
Or the problem was the the Church would not authorise a religious wedding?

Last edited:

I agree 100%. I also wonder if David Tejera was the father or someone else?

I can not really have an opinion, because I do not know Spanish mentality, around 2003, but could not be much more appreciated a Felipe asking Letizia to talk openly about her abortion (IF real) rather than lying to his Parents and to the whole nation and trying to destroy medical files?
A kind of Mette Marit confession?

Why not?? Or was this impossible to be accepted by the Spanish People???
Or the problem was the the Church would not authorise a religious wedding?

We don't know what Letizia told Felipe. We don't know what Felipe told his family. But I think it's a fair assumption that Letizia may have thought it was no one's business but hers (even if she did tell Felipe). No woman has an abortion casually, most tell almost no one, and very very few would tell a male cousin. No one can force a woman to have an abortion- it's her decision. And no one should be able to force a woman to have a child, either.

I agree with ladongas. Most women don't announce even their pregnancy till end of the first trimester as it's considered a rather intimate detail. And an abortion is even more intimate. It just seems very very peculiar that this cousin would have information about his cousin's uterus.

...A kind of Mette Marit confession?...
MM didn't confess, she said she was sorry (about her wild partying and involving in drug) and didn't want to talk about her past anymore, that's about it. Do people seriously think Letizia would apologize her abortion (if it was true) in public or any other women would just because they were going to marry a prince ? Abortion (if it's true) is an intimate subject, no one should force a woman to talk about abortion in public. If church or some people didn't accept her, it's their own issue, she had no obligation to apologize to anyone.
If the abortion was indeed true, I doubt the King or the Church didn't know before the wedding. I'm not saying her cousin was 100% lying in his book, but many details probably were not true or being exaggerated to fit the agenda of the publisher.

Someone who has had an abortion doesn't usually broadcast it. A woman might tell a family member or a close friend that they had an abortion. Some don't tell anyone and hope that their secret never comes out. If they are someone who is famous or someone who is prominent, there is a risk of it being found out and reported.

If Leitizia did have an abortion (this we don't really know), it's possible that she told Prince Felipe just to come clean about it or did so because she didn't want someone else to tell him about it.

I've yet to hear of any male royal apologize for wild partying, drinking too much at a party, experimenting with marijuana in their younger days, driving too fast on the highway, or fathering a child out of wedlock. Most have done more than one of these in their life time A few have apologized for cheating on their spouses (only when caught) but that is about it. If their partner has done this, then she has to confess and apologize to the nation and to the world for her actions.

Letizia doesn't owe anyone an apology for anything in her past.

This book is not about critizising a possible abortion (that is documented by clinic bills in the book by the way) but about the hypocracy towards the public, standing for something different in public than in private, putting pressure on the commoner family to be as perfect as Letizia wanted to appear herself, Erika succombing to the pressure.

I've ridden excerpts of the book, I am sure it contains some exaggerations to spice it up but in general I believe the author has a point. Many things mentioned about the main characters make sense, the author actually praises Felipe and the Queen's attitude, says that F&L are genuinely in love. The character studies of the Ortiz/Rocasolano and Bourbon families are hilarious at times. I didnt need the author to write about Letizia being nervous, hysterical at times or controll-freakish, a perfectionist in the worst sense, easy to wind up, it's easy to see in videos or pictures, at least to me. The book is not a character assassination per se, its about giving up one's ideals for a ring and putting pressure on others to follow suit. Its about hypocricy that - at least after all the other exposures - makes completely sense when referring to the SRF.

The book would never have been published had JC not been exposed as elephant killer/having mistresses, Elena and her divorce, Inaki & Cristina alledgedly stealing public money. F&L are about more appearance than substance, I personally didnt need the book to confirm this to me.

I did not say APOLOGISE i said just to INFORM people.
In the same way they informed that she was married and divorced. No comments, just the information.
Public apologies do fit better with American mentality less to European.
Of course abort is a painfull experience, and the average woman wants just to forget about. but when you are a royal there is another approach, as there is a constant risk to be known.
And this Felipe must know.

...I've yet to hear of any male royal apologize for wild partying, drinking too much at a party, experimenting with marijuana in their younger days, driving too fast on the highway, or fathering a child out of wedlock. Most have done more than one of these in their life time A few have apologized for cheating on their spouses (only when caught) but that is about it. If their partner has done this, then she has to confess and apologize to the nation and to the world for her actions.
Letizia doesn't owe anyone an apology for anything in her past.
I fully agree with every word you wrote :flowers:
Indeed,if some MALE royals had to confess their "sins",they would need a long long time and many books to do so:p

If any woman has anabortion, nobody else but her and the father of that child needs to know,this intimate information is neither of public interest nor anything that a woman must make known to the public....
We live in a free world, everyone must make the important decision about their life for themselves,you are only responsible for what you do and you are the one who needs to live with your own past and the consequences of your decisions...nobody else lives your life! It´s your life-your choices-your mistakes & only you need to live with it!

IMO What people do in their private life is their own business as long as they don´t put anyone in danger or violate a law or do something that hurts the interest of their country! (Like telling secrets that are only for very certain people to get known and could be used against the country,avoiding to pay taxes or leaving a car accident without calling the ambulance for the other involved person who is hurt...etc.)

Duke, how are F&L about more appearance than substance ? Wanting family members to dress appropriately for the big day (wedding) or behave properly (ex. her maternal grandpa) is pretty much a minimum requirement, I doubt most of her family members had any issue with it. There were bad things for the family (ex. media harassment) after Letizia married Felipe, there were also many good things too, ex. Antonio Vigor became employed. In the book David R mentioned several parties he went with Felipe and Letizia, he seemed to enjoy them too.

I think it's very low to blame Erika's death on Letizia. Erika had a depression after her relation was over with Carla's father. The main reason according to David R was that Antonio Vigor got a fellowship in South America, Erika didn't want to follow him since she had a good job in Madrid. Was Letizia's fault that Erika was lonely ? Perhaps Letizia had more time for Erika when she was single, then she got married, had a new role, a young daughter, a difficult pregnancy, not as much time for Erika. If David was so close to Erika, why didn't he help her ? Or at least told her parents to watch over her ?

Last edited:
I do not believe for a minute that F & L are only "accessoires" to the Spanish royal family,they are working very hard...but obviously they get a lot of bad press only for their private life (which is nobody else´s business IMO).
In Spain Letizia sometimes gets such nasty,rude and impolite press and comments,that I feel so sorry for her that she needs to endure so much hatred!
If people don´t like her for whatever reasons,it is up to them-but the way that she has been vilified is below any standards of decent behavior and manners...really,I feel absolutely sorry for Letizia,I would not like to live in her skin for a single day,she needs to suffer from so much hatred and bullying :-(

Blaming her for Erika´s death is the deepest,lowest part of the book-how dare he?
She already feels sad and depressed for this tragic loss and now she also gets the blame for something that is out of her reach to help...
If someone is deeply depressed, only a professional and sound medical advice can help-Letizia is neither a doctor nor a psychology specialist,so all she could do was trying to assist her with her love & mental support.She has no blame for the decision of her sister,what a tragic and sad thing...

...There were bad things for the family (ex. media harassment) after Letizia married Felipe, there were also many good things too...
Perfectly said.
I think the whole L. family had more positive than negative effect frm thir wedding, so they should not complain (as Telma did.,)
As for Erica it is absolutely disgusting to blame Letizia or anyone else.
And if we have to blame someone, why we should not blame Antonio Vigo, who as soon as he started having succes, thanks to Erica's Princess sister, he let Erica dowm!

Back
Top Bottom