The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-07-2013, 04:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think it was very difficult at the beginning because there were too many women in the family, the queen and the infantas all thought they were more important than her (the queen definitely is), there is no position for her in the family, probably lots of political fights between two camps (mainly staffs) in the Palace. Also over the years, different attitudes towards the business of Inaki and Cristina had created tension and a divided famiy. Now I think the situation has improved much for Letizia in the Palace after Cristina (who has always been said to be very aggressive) is out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
At Letizia's time Felipe was older and decided, not to let anyone interfere...
Felipe was very young when he was dating Sartorius, others were not that much younger. If Felipe had chosen to live like his father, had his parents' kind of marriage, I doubt the majority of the Spaniards would have wanted him to succeed his father now. Plus I doubt Felipe wants his wife to be a suffering wife and mom like his own mother.

I think it was very difficult at the beginning because there were too many women in the family, the queen and the infantas all thought they were more important than her (the queen definitely is), there is no position for her in the family, probably lots of political fights between two camps (mainly staffs) in the Palace. Also over the years, different attitudes towards the business of Inaki and Cristina had created tension and a divided famiy. Now I think the situation has improved much for Letizia in the Palace after Cristina (who has always been said to be very aggressive) is out.

Old 04-07-2013, 04:37 AM
Heir Apparent

This has definitely taken over from interest in Inaki on these forums. If the same is happening in Spain, then Cristina will be pleased.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-07-2013, 04:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post

Felipe was only younger when he was dating Sartorius, others were not that much younger. If Felipe had chosen to live like his father, had his parents' kind of marriage, I doubt the majority of the Spaniards would have wanted him to succeed his father now. Plus I doubt Felipe wants his wife to be a suffering wife and mom like his own mother.
Why his wife - Isabel Sartorius would have suffering? and how do we know that Letizia will never suffer? they are passionate love marrhages which finish bad and convenience marriages which turn to an agreable respect and love, we never know this.
Isabel Sartorius had this convenience side requested by royalists and Felipe was in love with, since he was dating her. It might have become a nice royal marriage
Old 04-07-2013, 04:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

I didn't say his marriage with Sartorius would be like his parents. Isabel was not the choice of the Palace either. The SRF didn't like Isabel's mom being a drug addict, her step father rumored to be involved in drug trafficking. The main reason was that Felipe was too young, didn't even finish his study, was not interested at marriage at that time, Isabel didn't want to be 'Waity Isa' to wait 8-10 years to get her ring.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:11 AM
Heir Apparent

They Palace did not like Isabel but i suppose they regretted strongly, because the "worst was coming". I mean after a true aristocrate, a Norwegian model and an already married grand daughter of a village taxi driver, was a nightmare (according to their mentality).
But, the ironic point is that actually NOONE of the scandals touching the Spanish royal family is because of Letizia.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:12 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
Plus I doubt Felipe wants his wife to be a suffering wife and mom like his own mother.
I agree, Felipe wanted to marry for love and not have a suffering wife like his mother.
But the sad thing is that he has a suffering wife (at least that often was my impression of Letizia during the last 9 years), she is just suffering in a different way than Sofia.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:37 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda View Post
But the sad thing is that he has a suffering wife (at least that often was my impression of Letizia during the last 9 years), she is just suffering in a different way than Sofia.
Agree 100%!!!

Back to the book, I want to stress that I do not condone writing a book, but I can understand the anger & the frustration of the Ortiz-Rocasolano family: The have been bullied by casareal, hung out to dry without protection, they have been harrassed by the press without the possibility to protect themselves, and then, imagine one family member doesnt cope with the pressure and kills herself. Erika's death was a tragic consequence that nobody could foresee, and it is wrong and cruel to blame Letizia for her death.

And while I understand the desire to point out the hyprocracy and the failings of the royal house, it is wrong to expose Letizia's past as a private citizen in this way and at this stage. But I guess the book needed a bombshell headline and these days there is no limit to the content when it comes to exposing the SRF.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda View Post
I agree, Felipe wanted to marry for love and not have a suffering wife like his mother.
Do not exagerate. She has a nice husband who loves her, 2 beautiful girls and enough money to feel secure for the rest of her life. And if she really wants she can create her own path! Look Queen Rania, in country where the position of a woman is not really predominant.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
This has definitely taken over from interest in Inaki on these forums. If the same is happening in Spain, then Cristina will be pleased.
Good observation

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 04-07-2013, 10:55 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Princess Letizia book threatens further embarrassment for Spain's Royals - Telegraph
Old 04-07-2013, 11:13 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
Do not exagerate. She has a nice husband who loves her, 2 beautiful girls and enough money to feel secure for the rest of her life.
Sorry, it was not my intention to exagerate. Compared with millions of other women both Sofia and Letizia are of course very well off. And in both cases one might say: you made your bed, now lie in it. Letizia knew she had to change her life, Sofia knew she was entering a convenience marriage.
But if you are lonely and humiliated in public then you are suffering.
If you have to suppress your true nature or feelings and constantly are forced to pretend then you are suffering.
If relatives write tell-it-all books about you or blame you for the suicide of your sister then you are suffering.
At least I would.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:33 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
You know I was thinking the same thing,I wonder how the book is being recieved in Spain,Letizia is from what I gather quite a popular figure .
Old 04-07-2013, 01:04 PM
Royal Highness

I think that Letizia has done the best she can under the circumstances. As for blaming her for someone else's suicide.... there's nobody to blame for such an act, and it's cruel to suggest otherwise.

As for drawing attention away from Inaki and Cristina, momentarily perhaps. It's salacious gossip, I daresay most Spaniards are indifferent to abortion, Catholic country or not, and at the end of the day Letizia is not suspected of stealing millions from the taxpayer. "Money talks.... " as they say, and we all know the rest of that saying.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:20 PM
Royal Highness

That´s true,Gracie Giaffe!
I find it very mad to make someone responsible for somebody else´s decision to end their own life! (Maybe only the case of Stalin´s wife,as he has really lead her into shooting herself,but that´s another topic...!)
I hope that Letizia can find a way to cope with all the nastiness thrown at her,she has had a lot of really awful press and mean comments in the press-mostly in the Spanish one...I would not like to be in her skin for a single day!Luckily she has a loving husband+nice children:-)
Well,I also understand that her family wants to show their side of the story,but telling all and especially her supposed abortion (!!!)-really horrible for Princess Letizia,in a highly Catholic and devout country as Spain! Many ppl will hate her for that,I am sure & I feel sorry for her,I am sure she did not take such a step light-heartedly,supposed this story is true and not fabricated...
. Helen Keller
Old 04-07-2013, 01:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well, maybe we should wait until tomorrow to see the book´s real informations. Everything I´m reading is very confusing.
On the one hand, the author claims that he has documents to probe that abortion, and they appear at the book.
In the other hand, he says he burned the documents at his house after Letizia asked him to make them disappear.
I don´t know what kind of proofs he´s going to show. I think that waiting until tomorrow is the most sensitive thing to do before taking all this for true.

BTW, the cousin has supposedly join Cotilleando.com and he´s writing new information there

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 04-07-2013, 02:09 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
No, I do not think that she fails on her duties, at all. But I feel - and have always felt - that Letizia's personality does not fit for the position. There is only a certain degree to what you can change, the rest is fake and acting. Letizia is a professional career woman with modern values, intelligent, strong willed, and ready for constant development. Its the last thing the Spanish Royal Family needed to make fit into the institution and its easy to see that the institution eats Letizia up, slowly but steadily.

I think that it was impossible for Letizia to know what she was getting into and she was obviously willing to fit in, but she could not imagine to what degree and the powers that are behind the institution. I've said it before, I think she misjudged her own influence on her own position and there is only so much Felipe can do. I doubt the SRF as a whole tried to help or understand but rather thought 'she made her bed and now she has to lie in it'. And once you are in it, there is no other choice than to go along and you better get accustomed to acting through it.
The Spanish "Institution" Royal Family is maybe the most traditional and "ancient-thinking" one in Europe. Maybe Letizia is exactly the right woman to change that and to help the RF to become more modern. Yes, she was "bonded" in the past, but she also had to move into her role.
Given the circumstances of the last 2 years it may happen that a lot of things may change .... at least when she will become Queen.
BYe Bine
Old 04-07-2013, 02:29 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
Well, maybe we should wait until tomorrow to see the book´s real informations. Everything I´m reading is very confusing.
On the one hand, the author claims that he has documents to probe that abortion, and they appear at the book.
In the other hand, he says he burned the documents at his house after Letizia asked him to make them disappear.
I don´t know what kind of proofs he´s going to show. I think that waiting until tomorrow is the most sensitive thing to do before taking all this for true.

BTW, the cousin has supposedly join Cotilleando.com and he´s writing new information there
David Rocasolano: No es un libro contra Letizia ni le guardo ningn rencor

Behind the book is the editor/publisher Ramon Akal, a leftist/anti-monarchist, he is the one who got hold of the documents from another source. David Rocasolano did not provide documents from his end.

Akal approached Rocasolano because he is a credible source, other than Morton or Cahill, to write about the Princess. Rocasolano wanted to make his feelings known about the treatment of the family so the two got together.

Why is everyone so surprised because of the abortion. Letizia has declared herself pro-abortion in an interview clip before she went to Mexico. People/journalists knew about the abortion at the time of the wedding but it was unprintable at the time, because it would have prevented the wedding.

Now the time for Akal etc has come to set another blow to the monarchy because now everything is printable and Rocasolano's involvement was the right catalyst, because people will believe what he says/only confirms what was swirling around anyway.

There is a close link between church & monarchy in Spain that is kind of awkward if the abortion story becomes a fact. As the telegraph article says, back in 2002 an indication was needed such as health reasons, rape etc to have an abortion legally.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I feel very sorry for Letizia and her family given what this nasty so called cousin has done.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
David Rocasolano: No es un libro contra Letizia ni le guardo ningn rencor

Behind the book is the editor/publisher Ramon Akal, a leftist/anti-monarchist, he is the one who got hold of the documents from another source. David Rocasolano did not provide documents from his end.

Akal approached Rocasolano because he is a credible source, other than Morton or Cahill, to write about the Princess. Rocasolano wanted to make his feelings known about the treatment of the family so the two got together.

Why is everyone so surprised because of the abortion. Letizia has declared herself pro-abortion in an interview clip before she went to Mexico. People/journalists knew about the abortion at the time of the wedding but it was unprintable at the time, because it would have prevented the wedding.
That makes sense. I´ll wait until tomorrow to see the exact words and documents the book contains.

And the behaviour of the Spanish press makes sense too. Very tipical from them not heating the RF when they could need having them in their favour, but doing so right now when everything is so damaged

Just for clarifying: positioning yourself in favour of abortion doesn´t mean you have had one

Old 04-07-2013, 03:34 PM
Serene Highness

I hear no discussion here of the political situation which brought back the Spanish monarchy under the guidance of General Francisco Franco. For us older people who were familiar at one time with this, Franco hatred was a world-wide cause celebre. Many books were written about the struggle, making the reputations of their authors. Are the roots of this current nightmare present in that bloody war? Could it have ever have come out completely right?
We are having a terrible struggle here in the US between Right and Left wings of the political establishment. This sorry story goes on an on, monarchy or not, but the connection of Franco to the political story of Spain makes it darker.

Tags
book, books, controversy, letizia, princess letizia