The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-05-2013, 08:16 PM
Royal Highness

What an outrageous thing to do! How many people's cousins or extended family members ate privy to their private medical history? I doubt he knows anything at all about Letizia!
She is a great asset to the SRF and to Spain!

Old 04-05-2013, 08:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think is terrible that the family do things like this, if true that letizia had an abortion is really a horrible thing but a lot of princess consorts in the present have a life before married with a prince.

Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 04-05-2013, 08:29 PM
Serene Highness

I can't speak for other families but I can say in my immediate family and cousins, I know a lot about their medical histories. With my cousins I don't know everything, but I know about their general medical history. At family gatherings and through various conversations over the years, I can piece together a family medical history.

If someone in my family was famous, I would never include their medical history or other such things in the book unless I had their written permission to do so. This would be off limits.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think if it's true Letiza had an abortion, it was her right and no one's business but hers and it's shameful for someone to out her to the press and condemn her for such a personal medical decision.

And saying he did this to tell the truth to his kids- what a bunch of malarkey. He could have told them privately. This is about making money, getting attention, and maybe getting a bit of revenge. It's ugly all around.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:40 PM
Courtier

O.K. I'm not from Spain or Catholic so someone needs to explain this to me. How is abortion viewed in a Catholic country such as Spain? And assuming that her cousin is telling the truth and Letizia had an abortion...would it really hurt her image a great deal in the eyes of Spain's catholic church and the Spanish people?
Back in 2003 when their engagement was announced, would the fact that Letizia may have had an abortion been enough to prevent them marrying? Maybe that was why the engagement was such a surprise?
Old 04-05-2013, 08:47 PM
Serene Highness

Why would his kids need to know some of this information especially relating to abortion if that did happen. Don't really know. Makes no sense to me. That is not something that a cousin would share with their children.

Sounds like this cousin has a bone to pick with Letizia. A loyal family member wouldn't do this to someone.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:30 PM
Royal Highness

There's a lot of really horrible people out there, and this guy's one of them.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:17 PM
Serene Highness

Creep de Creeps.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:20 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

What a despicable man!
No wonder Letizia chose to severe ties with him: betrayal by a family member is the worst kind there can be.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:17 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarlucy View Post
Why would his kids need to know some of this information especially relating to abortion if that did happen. Don't really know. Makes no sense to me. That is not something that a cousin would share with their children.

Sounds like this cousin has a bone to pick with Letizia. A loyal family member wouldn't do this to someone.
He never said he wanted his kids to know about Letizia's abortion but rather about the price de family have paid, becoming in enemies one from the other, he talks on the book about how Letizia used to lie to her own family because she was very paranoid and wanted to know who was the whisle blower.

He also talks about the moment when Felipe and Letizia asked him to find and destroy the abortion documents (I guess if they wanted to do that is because indeed it was and it is a very bad stuff for the future Queen of a catholic monarchy in a pretty much catholic country, they wanted to destroy the documents for a reason, if it were so normal they would of live it like that) and about the toll the family have paid because of the marriage, including the death of Erika, I guess he will explain a bit more about this in the book itself and apparently the book have lots of juicy anecdotes along with a nice bunch of never before published photos of Letizia and the family, he also talks about the Royal Family and their reactions towards Letizia and Letizia's family.

Of course out of everything the press have said about the book the highlights and what the people and the press are talking about is about the abortion, Twitter, FB, social media, everybody is talking about Cristina's imputation and Letizia's abortion, but again the dedication of the book is to his kids and to Erika, in general, not the abortion part.

Regards.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaniaRocks View Post
He never said he wanted his kids to know about Letizia's abortion but rather about the price de family have paid, becoming in enemies one from the other, he talks on the book about how Letizia used to lie to her own family because she was very paranoid and wanted to know who was the whisle blower.
This seems like an appropriate place to throw in the old joke about paranoia- that it's not paranoia if they're really out to get you.

Based on the fact that her cousin is writing a tell-all book, clearly she was correct not to trust all of her family members and wise to try and figure out who she could trust and who she couldn't.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:35 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I take it he wasn't invite to the Royal Wedding so now he turned sour and very spiteful!
He is on the engagement photo and I guess he was at the wedding. I think they got only distanced with time and with increasing suffering of Letizia's family by the handling of the press, the SRF not protecting any of them and Letizia getting more and more anxious or control-freakish not to get embarrassed by members of her family and Erika was a weak link here, out of job and fragile.

I think this is the author's point, the marriage started with a lot of hyprocrisy, Letizia was sold as the perfect choice for the Prince and her past was almost erased or whitewashed, everything had to look perfect and this crushed Erika who couldn't deal with it and committed suicide.

I think Felipe & Letizia were very naive or escapist at the time because of the standing of the SRF back then, the King untouchable, the press not daring to dig up dirt. I remember an episode at the very beginning when Letizia had a bust up with Penafiel in public, telling him to check with the royal house press office about the truth before he comes up with a story, seriously.

Of course it is damaging in case the abortion story becomes a fact, it is nobody's business as long as Letizia Ortiz was a private citizen, but as soon as she becomes the representative of a catholic royal house, travelling to the Vatican etc, it will raise more than an eyebrow within the circles Letizia is moving.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:58 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
He is on the engagement photo and I guess he was at the wedding. I think they got only distanced with time and with increasing suffering of Letizia's family by the handling of the press, the SRF not protecting any of them and Letizia getting more and more anxious or control-freakish not to get embarrassed by members of her family and Erika was a weak link here, out of job and fragile.

I think this is the author's point, the marriage started with a lot of hyprocrisy, Letizia was sold as the perfect choice for the Prince and her past was almost erased or whitewashed, everything had to look perfect and this crushed Erika who couldn't deal with it and committed suicide.

I think Felipe & Letizia were very naive or escapist at the time because of the standing of the SRF back then, the King untouchable, the press not daring to dig up dirt. I remember an episode at the very beginning when Letizia had a bust up with Penafiel in public, telling him to check with the royal house press office about the truth before he comes up with a story, seriously.

Of course it is damaging in case the abortion story becomes a fact, it is nobody's business as long as Letizia Ortiz was a private citizen, but as soon as she becomes the representative of a catholic royal house, travelling to the Vatican etc, it will raise more than an eyebrow within the circles Letizia is moving.
Actually, there is information in the Spanish press that David Rocasolano has been tied to corruption issues in Madrid. He has also threatened former clients of his. There is also information now that the break came when he didn't get support on a 'delicate' issue which had arisen for him. We can probably make a guess at what this might be.

It is also very true that Zarzuela has not supported Letizia or her family in the way that was and still is necessary for the times and media environment that we live in. However, this is hardly Letizia's fault. It is incredible that blame is heaped on her all the time when she too is the victim of much of the yellow press ever since she married into the royal family.

I also don't think that her past was whitewashed or that she was presented as the perfect choice for the prince. She was a modern, highly intelligent, and successful woman before she met him. She was also divorced and a controversial choice for the conservatives. This was hardly swept under the blanket and there are more than enough attacks out there for this to be obvious.

As for Penafiel, he is hardly a credible source of information. He's known for a visceral hatred of Letizia and together with the Barrientos and the vile Vanitatis lot, have spun hateful and untrue stories out of nothing. So, imo, it was fantastic that she was able to stand up to him when no one else was doing so.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:11 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

David Rocasolano: No es un libro contra Letizia ni le guardo ningn rencor
rika Ortiz a su primo: Me han dejado sola, David. Me siento sola

According to the documents provided in the book, the abortion took place on Oct 27, 2002. Again, these stories are old but in the past they were booked under 'vile rumours'. Again, as a private citizen you can do what you want but not as representative of state/public figure, that would have been the Kings' point of view and they would have prevented the wedding.

One can only guess what was or still is going on in this family, Felipe trying to outwit his own parents, who certainly would have prevented their son to marry a divorcee who had aborted to boot and present her as future queen of spain. Years later Sofia stated in her own biography that she is absolutely and strictly against abortion, in any case, so much for her acting abilities when dealing with her daughter in law.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:24 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

What documents would that be? I can only think of medical files, and if he published that he should be sued. If he really was hired as Letizia's lawyer he should be sued too as he breached the confidentiality of the client-lawyer relationship.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:34 AM
Serene Highness

I have the feeling, some people see the chance now to abolish the monarchy, only the CP couple had a little bit cleaner image til now, but with this rumour it is over. And the media will find out if this abortion story is true or not.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:59 AM
Heir Apparent

I m not catholic nor Spanirh so i do not feel such a drama if she did an abortion, for me it is better to abort than to give birth to a non wanted kid, of course it is a tragic choice.
But indeed if it was known at the time of her engagement, this might have been catastrophic.
Who was the supposed father of her baby? Her first husband?
Old 04-06-2013, 04:00 AM
Royal Highness

I hope the story is not true, because for me (speaking strictly for me) aborting a child means murder. But I accept that it happens just like I accept that eg Prince Harry has blood on his hands due to being a soldier who saw combat. That's the way it is and who am I to judge, not knowing what really happened?

As for the abolishing of the monarchy: you need a serious and powerful political wish for it, which I don't see at the moment with Spain in so much turmoil and the monarchy still seen as uniting and calming.
Old 04-06-2013, 04:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
She obviously isn´t going to drag him into court right now. Not with the Urdangarin scandal at its highest point. They will let it be.

I bet the cousin knows that.
yes, he chose the timing of his attack very strategically.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 04-06-2013, 04:37 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
What documents would that be? I can only think of medical files, and if he published that he should be sued. If he really was hired as Letizia's lawyer he should be sued too as he breached the confidentiality of the client-lawyer relationship.
David Rocasolano destroyed his documents, according to the article, the documents provided (hospital bill) are from another reporter, as I said, the abortion story has been in the drawer for years with alledged documents to prove it, the press was only waiting for the right opportunity, coming along with Letizia's cousin.

If the abortion is a fact and the date 27 Oct 2002 is true, the timing was shortly after Letizia met Felipe at a dinner of a fellow journalist and she was supposed to be dating David Tejera at the time, a colleague from television. The relationship with Felipe only started the next spring (at least according to the official spin).

Tags
book, books, controversy, letizia, princess letizia