The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-13-2013, 01:37 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNIE_S View Post
Well, in Amazon.es itīs on the first place on the lists of best sellers.
Amazon.es Los más vendidos: Los productos más populares en Libros

But if we consider that book stores arenīt selling it, maybe those are the only ones buying it...
And well, not many people buy books nowadays, you have to take in account the Internet downloads (someone put a link on this same thread), so I think there are many people reading the book right now.
Well, in Marketing I have learnt that if something doesnīt sell,you have to present it as the hottest thing in town,so that everyone will believe they canīt live without it!
It is done for all the things that are NICE to have but not NEED to have-look at the HUGE campaigns of Coca Cola and Apple or other stuff-now,do you remember many ads that were telling you to buy bread or towels?

No?

...this is because these are products that everyone will buy and needs (well,maybe you donīt like/buy bread),but things like towels or toilet paper are not advertised a lot!With books and CDīs they often claim it is the talk of town,it is soooo hot and everyone buys it...so you should buy it too,unless you want to be an outsider and donīt know the talk of town

->I will NEVER buy that book,even though it means that I will not be fully aware of what is written in it,but the fact that he has accused Letizia of neglecting & being responsible for the suicide of her sister, is making me angry enough to NOT buy that book.This guy should not make a single penny with his filthy book.

. Helen Keller
Old 04-13-2013, 01:42 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarlucy View Post
My mother had a miscarriage back in the early 1950's. On the medical record it is often listed as spontaneous abortion which is a misnomer (word that doesn't fit). I was told by her doctor that this is a medical term for miscarriage but someone who doesn't know that would think otherwise.
I didnīt know that,luckily I never got pregnant or had any miscarriage,it must be very sad for a woman to have a miscarriage,especially when you are looking forward to having that baby
But at least I hope it didnīt have any lasting effects on your mother!

. Helen Keller
Old 04-13-2013, 08:32 AM
Serene Highness

Thankfully this didn't have lasting effect on my mom.

I would hope that people don't buy this book but because it's has juicy details in it, people will buy the book.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:57 AM
Royal Highness

Thatīs good to hear,I know a few women and it seems to be a very emotionally painful event to have a miscarriage,also some women canīt have children afterwards:-(
So this is why I am glad your mother is well-off!

I also hope that the book will stay in the shelves and be recycled for a different cause;-)
Someone here already suggested to use it to accelerate a fire...so maybe it could come useful for a pleasant BBQ in the garden....
. Helen Keller
Old 04-14-2013, 03:04 PM
Nobility

I am absolutely against abortion, I think that's a sin, in fact the catholic church will excommunicated you (latae sententiae: on the moment you commit the crime), meaning you are out of communion, meaning if you were out of communion when you got married by the Catholic Church you aren't probably even married at all under God's eyes.

Mind you they were married by Cardinal Antonio Maria Rouco Varela, the first and most prominent crusader again'ts abortion in Spain.

But what bother's me the most is all the lies, and Felipe in particular, playing dirty, calling cousins to destroy documents, if he did this to marry Letizia what will he be capable of when he face a difficult State decision.

I never dislike her as a person but I dislike her as the future Princess of Asturias and future Queen of Spain and Today I see I was right on my guts, I don't see she will be a good Queen, she's not a unifying force but rather a very dividing element.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:20 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarlucy View Post
Letizia seems to be a victim of a witch hunt. Whether she did or didn't have an abortion is a private matter. It's really no one elses business except hers. This would only become an issue if she was out condemning those who have had abortions and it was proven that she'd had one.
I wonder if the father of the unborn child knew about Letizia's pregnancy, she didn't want kids with an unknown man but Felipe's kids were OK? and if she did have an abortion well, she should not go in front of the Pope representing the country because she surely don't represent me and surely shouldn't go with a while mantilla to the Vatican and to see the Pope later on, a condition only reserved for the Catholic Queens.

You are either one thing or the other, you can't be both.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:25 PM
Heir Apparent

You are assuming that the stories are correct.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-14-2013, 04:18 PM
Nobility

Yes, I am.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:20 PM
Heir Apparent

have you read the book?

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-14-2013, 06:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Does anybody want to bet that Rouco Varela isnīt going to give a * about the matter?

Iīm sure he isnīt. I laugh when people says that Rouco and the CC will excommuniate anybody from the royal family.

The abortion is a sin, but for the commoners. Powerful ones doesnīt have sins to the eyes of Rouco

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 04-14-2013, 06:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaniaRocks View Post
I wonder if the father of the unborn child knew about Letizia's pregnancy, she didn't want kids with an unknown man but Felipe's kids were OK? and if she did have an abortion well, she should not go in front of the Pope representing the country because she surely don't represent me and surely shouldn't go with a while mantilla to the Vatican and to see the Pope later on, a condition only reserved for the Catholic Queens.

Whatever decision she made, if indeed the story is true in the first place, it was her decision to make and no one elses.
I sincerely doubt the Pope or any other Catholic official would take any action against her.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:55 PM
Courtier

What do you mean by not take action against her? In what way would they take action?

If you are referring to abortion, the Church doesn't need to do anything, the sentence of automatic excommunication is immediate nothing needs to be done in an official way. In this country the only one who can remove this sentence would be a bishop or a specific priest if the bishop has given him the authority. "Regular" priests don't have that power here.

LaRae
Old 04-14-2013, 11:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I never dislike her as a person but I dislike her as the future Princess of Asturias and future Queen of Spain and Today I see I was right on my guts, I don't see she will be a good Queen, she's not a unifying force but rather a very dividing element.
??? Diving what ? Because she was rumored to have an abortion or she was against corruption ? Even if she did have an abortion, she was a private citizen, didn't have any power to divide anything. I thought the Spaniards were unified against corruption.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
What do you mean by not take action against her? In what way would they take action?

If you are referring to abortion, the Church doesn't need to do anything, the sentence of automatic excommunication is immediate nothing needs to be done in an official way. In this country the only one who can remove this sentence would be a bishop or a specific priest if the bishop has given him the authority. "Regular" priests don't have that power here.

LaRae
I meant the Church will ignore the whole story. I doubt they would ever refuse her communion or a papal audiance or refuse her the right to wear white when she becomes Queen of Spain.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:47 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
But what bother's me the most is all the lies, and Felipe in particular, playing dirty, calling cousins to destroy documents, if he did this to marry Letizia what will he be capable of when he face a difficult State decision.
Agree 100%

Quote:
imo Letizia was a controversial choice from the beginning, not unifying but dividing in the long run. At some point after the wedding they almost showed some astonishment that many people didn't buy the Letizia-the-perfect-Princess campaign, as if they were sensing that somebody has just turned her former ideals upside down to become eligible for the Princess job. From outspoken to shutting up, from careerwoman to stepford wife, from flirty & modern to conservative, embracing Queen Sofia telling her what to do? It's rather opportunism than authenticy. Its the impression that Letizia wasn't head over heels in love but rather interested in the job, the 'project', as she said at the engagement press conference, that would bring her abilities from the Spanish evening news to world stage. At least she thought so.

I don't think the book will have some major impact because many people have already made up their mind about Letizia a long time ago. Maybe she gets some more boos when attending some major acts where the church is involved, but that is something the SRF has been getting used to anyway.

In general, the whole SRF fakeness has been unravelled, about the Kings, Elena & Jaime, Cristina & Inaki and now F&L. Why would they have been so different from the rest of the family.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:18 AM
Royal Highness

I know that I repeat myself, but we do not have any clue wheter the stories and reported abortion has actually taken place,as to day it is only a rumour!!!!

Everyone is INNOCENT as long as they are not proven guilty,this is the way that our legal system works and thankfully it does work correctly most of the time,or does anyone want to be punished and judged for something they did NOT do?

Just because we know a person is not strictly anti-abortion does not mean they had one.I am against abortion and prefer an old-fashioned marriage to modern ways of relationships between men/women,but I am not so naive to believe that it always works out the way that we plan it.There are some good reasons to have an abortion when it means that the pregnancy could damage the health of the mother or when you know that the child will be so de-formed that it wonīt be able to live...I find it quite harsh and cruel to judge women in such difficult situations-nobody wants to be in such a situation and make such a painful decision...most women prefer to have the baby but in some cases it is not possible...
. Helen Keller
Old 04-15-2013, 02:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Of course we do not know if it was true, we are discussing in the HYPOTHESIS that this abortion might happened. Out of the strict catholic world, millions of abortions are done worlwide and very few among them are for medical reasons, the strict majority are done just to correct an "accident".
In the world where Letizia used to live before meeting Felipe, it was not impossible for a young woman working hard to built a carrer not to be ready to have a baby and consequently to get rid of, even if of course it was a painfull choice.

I do not say that she did it, as i can not know it, but i believe that the Letizia of then, would do it.

And back again to hypothesis, IF she did it it was not for medical reasons, as in this case it was easier to tell the truth, than to try to hide it.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Agree 100%

imo Letizia was a controversial choice from the beginning, not unifying but dividing in the long run. At some point after the wedding they almost showed some astonishment that many people didn't buy the Letizia-the-perfect-Princess campaign, as if they were sensing that somebody has just turned her former ideals upside down to become eligible for the Princess job. From outspoken to shutting up, from careerwoman to stepford wife, from flirty & modern to conservative, embracing Queen Sofia telling her what to do? It's rather opportunism than authenticy. Its the impression that Letizia wasn't head over heels in love but rather interested in the job, the 'project', as she said at the engagement press conference, that would bring her abilities from the Spanish evening news to world stage. At least she thought so.
Besides the love, there is nothing wrong to talk about the job at the press conference, perhaps there is culture difference between countries. Of course for people who dislike/hate Letizia, they can interprate whatever they want. Bottom line, is it so hard to fall in love with someone like Felipe ? Even her cousin David R said in his book he never doubted their love. Maybe there were too many women dreaming about Felipe, thus incredible amount of jealousy and hatre towards Letizia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I don't think the book will have some major impact because many people have already made up their mind about Letizia a long time ago. Maybe she gets some more boos when attending some major acts where the church is involved, but that is something the SRF has been getting used to anyway.

In general, the whole SRF fakeness has been unravelled, about the Kings, Elena & Jaime, Cristina & Inaki and now F&L. Why would they have been so different from the rest of the family.
Perhaps Letizia has become more religious after she became Felipe's wife (didn't this happen to almost every other CPss in Europe), maybe she just fulfills her role as the future queen, it's rather a personal issue. About the so called 'fakeness' of the royals, it's probably universal among all the RFs, why single out the SRF ? Except Sofia thought smile could 'solve' everything (she is an old school royal), I actually don't see that much fakeness among other 3 couples. Abortion as a private citizen (if true) has nothing to do with royals embezzling public money.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:23 AM
Heir Apparent

I can not really have an opinion, because I do not know Spanish mentality, around 2003, but could not be much more appreciated a Felipe asking Letizia to talk openly about her abortion (IF real) rather than lying to his Parents and to the whole nation and trying to destroy medical files?
A kind of Mette Marit confession?

Why not?? Or was this impossible to be accepted by the Spanish People???
Or the problem was the the Church would not authorise a religious wedding?
Old 04-16-2013, 07:36 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:

I agree 100%. I also wonder if David Tejera was the father or someone else?

Tags
book, books, controversy, letizia, princess letizia