"1015 København K" by Trine Villemann (2007)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Has anyone brought or read the book yet?What did you think about it?

Does anyone write a book so that no one reads it or buys it? I think that it is silly to assume that all the other authors in the world don't want anyone to buy their books and only trine wants to make money. If you don't want someone to read your book save it in a box under your bed. As for the truth of the book who knows. I don't really follow the Danish royals but is it impossible that even a small amount of the book is true? No one is perfect.

Last edited:
It's not correct that nobody saw A and J split. There were rumours of marriage crisis and divorce for quite some time. But at the end of the day, those who worshipped Alexandra dismissed them as fabrications.
Well I'm going by the reaction I saw on the web at the time and that of Danihs people/firends/family and it wasn't only Alex fans who were shocked. You need only look at the relevant thread on this board to see that!

I dont believe that writer. She is self calling her an expert and for me she is just a freeloader and don't know anything about the DRF. I think she should apologize for this nonsense and should pay the DRF a compensation.

Does anyone write a book so that no one reads it or buys it? I think that it is silly to assume that all the other authors in the world don't want anyone to buy their books and only trine wants to make money. If you don't want someone to read your book save it in a box under your bed. As for the truth of the book who knows. I don't really follow the Danish royals but is it impossible that even a small amount of the book is true? No one is perfect.

According to Jyllandsposten this part of the book is correct:

"Queen Margrethe ascended the throne when her father, Frederik IX, died in 1972. And that Crown Prince Frederik was born in 1968, and that he, God and the weather willing, will one day become king with Australian born Mary by his side".

and is the only part that can be verified.

Considering the success royals have had in bringing people to court for false statements and publications it will be interesting to see if the Danish royal family can refute this author. Perhaps the reality is even more interesting than the book!

Judging from reviews of this socalled book, it is a mere collection of the type of gossip, exaggerations and free fantasy you'll find in any tabloid, not worth the effort I would say. Better save the trouble of initiating legal action for a real author who has done some real work and then take a stance on the content :)

Does anyone know who this women realy is and how she gets all this information? She says Frederik doesn't want to be king and should have married Katja Sorkholm and that they got engaged in 1995!!! Is that even true? It also talks about Katja giving Fred confidence for his speaches and it made him more confident of himself. Also that Mary is not natural and trying to hard??
I don't know about you guys, but this just sounds like one of those German tabloid stories (who make up all kinds of nonsence) but then in a book

I know, it's a rather odd argument people trying to make?

As for its truth of the book,I don't see why keeping the sources unnamed automatically means it is all fabrications. Anybody who did contribute to this book, whether they were a current staff member or ex, are hardly going to wish to be named. The would definitely lose their job and probably be the recipient of some sort of legal action.

After all, I've never seen anybody question the truth of the Jean Sasson "Princess" series; could that be because they fit in with people's prejudices about the Saudis? Quite probably......

Does anyone know who this women realy is and how she gets all this information? She says Frederik doesn't want to be king and should have married Katja Sorkholm and that they got engaged in 1995!!! Is that even true? It also talks about Katja giving Fred confidence for his speaches and it made him more confident of himself. Also that Mary is not natural and trying to hard??
I don't know about you guys, but this just sounds like one of those German tabloid stories (who make up all kinds of nonsence) but then in a book
I don't know who this woman (Trine Villemann) is, but I read often (ten years ago) about the love between Crownprince Frederik and Katja Storkholm and the newspapers wrote that they wanted to marry, but that it was forbidden, because she was a "dessous"-model... (I don't know if it was true, but it was in the media...)

I don't know who this woman (Trine Villemann) is, but I read often (ten years ago) about the love between Crownprince Frederik and Katja Storkholm and the newspapers wrote that they wanted to marry, but that it was forbidden, because she was a "dessous"-model... (I don't know if it was true, but it was in the media...)

Kind off like Felipe and Eva Sannum then? Same rumours in Spain that Felipe wanted to be with her, but that it was forbidden and that he would not be happy with Letizia. I think its all a bunch of non-sence, but since it sells well, the women is going to make lots of money for it. :bang:

Kind off like Felipe and Eva Sannum then? Same rumours in Spain that Felipe wanted to be with her, but that it was forbidden and that he would not be happy with Letizia. I think its all a bunch of non-sence, but since it sells well, the women is going to make lots of money for it. :bang:

I don't know if it was just a rumour. There are lovely pictures from Crownprince Frederik and Katja - together walking at a beach, hand-in-hand...
It was ten years (really so long) ago... I don't remember every article I read...:flowers:
You can get some information in the thread:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f32/some-pics-fred-old-flames-127.html

In the German TV report (I mentioned before) they said, that Trine Villemann wrote, that Crownprince Frederik has still a close contact to Katja Storkholm...

Last edited:
Considering the success royals have had in bringing people to court for false statements and publications it will be interesting to see if the Danish royal family can refute this author. Perhaps the reality is even more interesting than the book!
Danish royals never brought anyone to court for false statements, they have a tradition of ignoring them and I doubt they will change their way now. Though I sometimes think they should change it and follow the Dutch example.

I not sure what I think about this silly book, I guess I'm rather ambivalent. I'm sure their are some "truths", and I'm sure it has a pretty large dose of "fiction".
If it comes out in English I might check in out of the library, but doubt I would purchase it.
I think the Queen will probably ignore (in public) the book, thatshow they handle rumors. Its probably a wise move on her part.
Who knows some good may actually come out of this if the DRF sees some weekness they can try and fix it

One "problem" is, that nobody has read the book already. We only know, what newspapers and tv-stations mentioned. And they choose that, what they want to choose (and what is a good headliner)...

Last edited:
TV 2 Nyhederne
After having seen this video, I´m pretty sure, that it´s not all about money and sold books.
Trine got all absorbed with her matter and seems quite upset and not like a "cool calculator". She seems to believe, what she preaches...and it doesn´t seem, as if all would be just about getting a financial cushion.
She seems a little crazy though...but maybe I´m just frightened by a person, who gets in public so upset about such a banal topic as the (private) sides of a Monarchy. One feels reminded of oneself ;)

Well, I'd read the book if it were available in English, if only to embellish the sneering ridicule in journalists' responses here.

Obviously, I've mis-read many negative signs in this marriage, starting with Frederik's tears at the altar, when he was, apparently, crying for his lost Danish love, and not happiness at marrying Mary.

I remember, also, that in his wedding speech, he said in front of the world's media - 'I love you Mary'. More make-believe, I suppose.

And I am shocked, shocked I say, at poor little Mary's lack of composure, strength of character and dignity when she, allegedly, burst into tears at a party because her husband's ex-girlfriend was there. Steady on, Mary - gird your loins, lassie!

Hopefully, the secret Australian forces, training to rescue Mary from her terrible life, her ghastly in-laws and her non-caring husband will soon be ready to offer Mary full support and whisk her away to another fairytale castle in a magic kingdom, far, far away, where she'll be terribly happy dressing up in her finery, for ever and ever.

Well, I'd read the book if it were available in English, if only to embellish the sneering ridicule in journalists' responses here.

Obviously, I've mis-read many negative signs in this marriage, starting with Frederik's tears at the altar, when he was, apparently, crying for his lost Danish love, and not happiness at marrying Mary.

I remember, also, that in his wedding speech, he said in front of the world's media - 'I love you Mary'. More make-believe, I suppose.
And I am shocked, shocked I say, at poor little Mary's lack of composure, strength of character and dignity when she, allegedly, burst into tears at a party because her husband's ex-girlfriend was there. Steady on, Mary - gird your loins, lassie!

Hopefully, the secret Australian forces, training to rescue Mary from her terrible life, her ghastly in-laws and her non-caring husband will soon be ready to offer Mary full support and whisk her away to another fairytale castle in a magic kingdom, far, far away, where she'll be terribly happy dressing up in her finery, for ever and ever.

Polly- that was hilarious. I am not a Danish expert but from all I see in the videos and pictures, they look like a normal family and seem to love each other. Lets hope so, if for nothing else but those two little children who, regardless who F&M are to society, are mom and dad to these kids and will always be. I hope everyone learned something from Charles and Diana, it really isn't a job, its their life and the children pay the price. I watched the video today of CP Christian marching in front of the Palace and I have to say QM looked just like a loving grandma and Henrik seems like a great grandfather. Nicolai and Felix really seem to love their grandpa.:wub:

Judging from reviews of this socalled book, it is a mere collection of the type of gossip, exaggerations and free fantasy you'll find in any tabloid, not worth the effort I would say. Better save the trouble of initiating legal action for a real author who has done some real work and then take a stance on the content :)

I seem to remember the same reaction from people when Kitty Kelley's book came out on the BRF.

One "problem" is, that nobody has read the book already. We only know, what newspapers and tv-stations mentioned. And they choose that, what they want to choose (and what is a good headliner)...

An excellent point. :flowers:

I dont believe that writer. She is self calling her an expert and for me she is just a freeloader and don't know anything about the DRF. I think she should apologize for this nonsense and should pay the DRF a compensation.

It is everyones priviledge to believe in what they want! But that said, and with Denmark being a democracy, and freedom of speech being a battle cry in that country, this book also has a valid place - apologies to the DRF!! - no way, and compensation? for what? that suggestion contravenes the very essence of a democracy!

I have got a question: Is it true that Trine Villemann was a former journalist at "Billed Bladet"? Isn't "Billed Bladet" a pro-royal-newspaper and also a pro-Princess-Mary-newspaper?

Danish Royal Watches website has another translation of the book review made by Politiken.DK :

Danish Royal Watchers: Danish monarchy & Politiken interview with Trine Villemann

&

October 15, 2007: Author Trine Villeman joins the show to discuss her controversial book, 'Copenhagen 1015 K', which casts doubts over the marriage of Princess Mary - watch video here

Villeman in the interview calls th DRF disfunctional which is harsh imo she also say that Frederik is attached not only to his ex-girlfriends but also to their families & she says that its hard for Mary to adapt to royal life and that she is surronded by bad advisors. worth a watch imo, she does give a positive remark by saying that Fred & Mary married out of love etc:flowers:

She is a freelancer journalist who wrote for both EB and BB.
So obviously she can adapt to different attitudes/viewpoints.
You can also see that in her various interviews:
Australia: Mary is a victim of the DRF (think of all those potential buyers :)),
DK: Mary is the wrong woman, the Danish Katja would have been better. All those marriages with foreigners didn't turn out well (think of all those Danish girls who were not married by a prince - and now Joachim will marry another foreigner ! :)).
And when she gives an interview to a political paper, then of course suddenly it's all about "discussing the monarchy",
not about unsubstantiated rumours concerning the royals' private lives.

Lena
Trine got all absorbed with her matter and seems quite upset and not like a "cool calculator". She seems to believe, what she preaches...and it doesn´t seem, as if all would be just about getting a financial cushion.
I see a woman who received a lot of criticism - sure she is upset - and is defending herself. If you are attacked, then attack yourself, and son on.....
I too wouldn't say it's all about money, I think she wants to give herself and her little gossip book a significance they don't have.

Last edited:
I would read this book simply because of the reactions so many people are having about it.( I read the Davinci code for the same reason.) You would think Trine slapped their child.

She is a freelancer journalist who wrote for both EB and BB.
So obviously she can adapt to different attitudes/viewpoints.
You can also see that in her various interviews:
Australia: Mary is a victim of the DRF (think of all those potential buyers :)),
DK: Mary is the wrong woman, the Danish Katja would have been better. All those marriages with foreigners didn't turn out well (think of all those Danish girls who were not married by a prince - and now Joachim will marry another foreigner ! :)).
And when she gives an interview to a political paper, then of course suddenly it's all about "discussing the monarchy",
not about unsubstantiated rumours concerning the royals' private lives.

I see a woman who received a lot of criticism - sure she is upset - and is defending herself. If you are attacked, then attack yourself, and son on.....
I too wouldn't say it's all about money, I think she wants to give herself and her little gossip book a significance they don't have.

I totally agree with you. She is manipulative and self-righteous and the way she talks about how danes have to be enlightend is condescending.

I would read this book simply because of the reactions so many people are having about it.( I read the Davinci code for the same reason.)

I've picked up this book at the bookstore today. I'm going on a 16 hours long train ride tomorrow. I considered picking up a bunch of trashy magazines - but this will do, just as well. :ROFLMAO:

It says something when I had to search the bookstore for an hour to to find the only - partially hidden - copy they had. They don't expect this to be a big hit for Christmas presents - it wasn't on display or anything in that manner. (Unlike the big glossy book of Europe's royal houses, translated from German that I picked up in the same go. That one was very prominently placed.:ROFLMAO:)

If I'm going to be debating the contents of it, I want to know what the contents are - and not what the media presents them as.

It was the same way with the biography of Queen Margrethe in which she was misquoted in translations regarding Islam - I picked up the book, and read it before passing judgement. Obviously I don't have the same expectations to a book written without the cooperation of the main subjects, but I'll wait and see.

Lack of named sources was mentioned earlier, though, by leafing through the end of the book, she has mentioned several of the authorized biographies on the royal family as literature used.

It will be interesting to see if I can "wade" through it on my train ride. :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom