"1015 København K" by Trine Villemann (2007)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In this kind of situations, close friends or siblings should keep quiet.
Generally speaking this is the best way to go. However, the media can slant most responses to suit their particular agenda.

If Ms Petty was asked "Is there any truth that Mary feels ignored by Frederik?" she could respond "I'm sorry, I have nothing to say about the contents of the book." This could be reported as either "Amber Petty declined to comment on the rumours" or "Amber Petty did not deny that the marriage is in trouble." Both statements are true in their way, but one is neutral while the other infers a completely different meaning. So the easiest response which avoids any accidental or deliberate misinterpretation is just to say the book is "rubbish". Not very insightful, but it's straightforward.

By the way, is Amber fluent in Danish? If not, how would she know what the book has to say? Did she read it from the beginning to end? Or is she basing her thoughts on what others told her? I believe it's the latter. Furthermore, I understand that she would denounce the book because she is close with Mary, but the fact that she calls it "rubbish" without reading it is really... odd (for lack of a better word.)

I firmly believe that members who trash 1015 Kobenhaven, without reading it, have a very weak argument in the first place.
What an ...odd comment!
Everbody knows by now what that author has to say, she was on Australian TV.
Amber wasn't asked to do a review on the book, it's linguistic and literaric quality, therefore she doesn't have to know Danish. She was asked whether it's true what the book claims (marriage problems) and she said it's rubbish. Unlike the author she knows the couple personally, so why is her comment odd? Perhaps, it wasn't wise of Amber to say anything because now - after the first uproar and interest ceased - EB can use this to go on with their "promotion through scandal" strategy (as someone sad "bad" PR sells better than "good" PR and they obviously want to sell their book in Australia). But I do think her comment was very understandable and not odd at all.

It's quite strange that you can judge Amber so easily, did you see the show? did you hear what she actually said? But the book has to be read before judging, a book btw whose author is totally basing her opinions on what others told her.

I saw the author and her little promotion tricks, I know the book is published by Ekstrabladet, I really don't have to read the book to know it's trash. And IMO this argument isn't weak at all.

Last edited:
I saw the author and her little promotion tricks, I know the book is published by Ekstrabladet, I really don't have to read the book to know it's trash. And IMO this argument isn't weak at all.

You are right. Knowing Ekstrabladet - this is an extreamly good argument. I would never bye Ekstrabladet nor read it. It is sensation-seeking and totally unreliable. So why should I read a book publised from Ekstrabladets publishing house? It is exactly the same kind of crap.

What an ...odd comment!
Amber wasn't asked to do a review on the book, it's linguistic and literaric quality, therefore she doesn't have to know Danish. She was asked whether it's true what the book claims (marriage problems) and she said it's rubbish. Unlike the author she knows the couple personally, so why is her comment odd?
Well, she's made her name out of being Mary's "friend". It's in her interest to deny any claims.....

Well, she's made her name out of being Mary's "friend". It's in her interest to deny any claims.....

Whereas I don't see the gossip magazines very often (they're forbidden in our house) I'm not sure that you're right, Little Star.

Amber Petty has always had, so far as I'm aware, an independent professional life which she continues today.

I have a long-term friend who became a 'celebrity' and I was positively hounded at one time by some sections of the media who saw me with her on a few occasions to comment on what she thought; what she wore; who she mixed with, who she slept with, did she do drugs....all sorts of ugly and intrusive questions. My instincts, always, were to just brush off anyone who couldn't be gainsayed by saying something along the lines of Amber's response, i.e. positive and affirmative rejoinders.

Now, I don't know if Amber's reactions marched with mine,or indeed, anything at all about her relationship with the Princess, but I'm willing to cut her some slack.

As someone who has read the book - I don't know where the claims of problems in Mary and Frederik's marriage came from. A direct quote from the book on their marriage: "They are great together, says a friend." p. 199.

When she asks her sources as to whether the marriage will hold or not - the replies are all positive, to a varying degree. One respondent said: "If Frederik screws this marriage up, he is an idiot. He was lucky that she wanted him." (same page as above).

Earlier in the same chapter it is mentioned that Mary had issues with Frederik's ex-girlfriends hanging around, in the beginning of their relationship.

I don't know if it is Villemann herself in interviews who keep talking about trouble in the marriage - but until the interview with Amber came on where she mentioned that their marriage was good - I had no idea that it was perceived as not being that because of this book... :rolls eyes:

I have just read the articles from Woman's day and New Idea. I am very surprised to feel the simiarlities between British Royal family and Danish royal family in this book. I am interested in Denmark royal family and I think I am going to buy one when it is available in Australia.

I agree that Princess Mary probably faces plenty of difficulties to marry into Danish royal family. Although the book is not an authorised one and the author wants to make money and have the fame from the book, only time can tell how much truth in this book. But I think Princess Mary is in a much better situation than Diana Princess of Wales was and she is a more grown up person and have more real life experience and ability to deal with the problems she may have faced.

I always find royal princes having many exes around them even as plantonic ones,but I also believe in the mutual trusts and tolerances of others' needs in the relationships and beliefs in keeping their marriage together whateve personal scarifices are needed. Princess Mary definitely needs to find a way to balance her mood about this.

Finally, does any member know whether the book is availlable in Sydney or not?

Finally, does any member know whether the book is availlable in Sydney or not?

I thought, that the book is just available on Danish. It is not translated yet.

But an other question:
Do you think, that Crownprince Frederik and Crownprincess Mary discuss the book at home? That they have already read it? That they discuss the book with their friends or the familiy?

I don't think so... But maybe I am wrong!

As someone who has read the book - I don't know where the claims of problems in Mary and Frederik's marriage came from. ..

I don't know if it is Villemann herself in interviews who keep talking about trouble in the marriage - but until the interview with Amber came on where she mentioned that their marriage was good - I had no idea that it was perceived as not being that because of this book... :rolls eyes:
I see, Amber is the problem, not Villemann.
Amber really should have kept her mouth shut.
Then nobody would have got the idea the marriage is in trouble. :rolleyes:
(Never mind all those Australian articles who claim that Villemann claimed....)

Last edited:
I see, Amber is the problem, not Villemann.
Amber really should have kept her mouth shut.
Then nobody would have got the idea the marriage is in trouble. :rolleyes:
(Never mind all those Australian articles who claim that Villemann claimed....)

My guess is that they might both be a problem as I don't perceive either one of them as totally innocent in the game of playing the media :ROFLMAO:

But, I haven't read those articles so I don't know about what the Australian articles claimed on Frederik and Mary's marriage- what I know is what I've read in the book, and quoted above.

I thought, that the book is just available on Danish. It is not translated yet.

But an other question:
Do you think, that Crownprince Frederik and Crownprincess Mary discuss the book at home? That they have already read it? That they discuss the book with their friends or the familiy?

I don't think so... But maybe I am wrong!
thanks for telling me. I don't think CP Frederik and CP Mary will have interests to read the book and discuss it. I don't think it is wise for them to do so either because curiousity sometimes causes unnecessary fights between them. I don't the royal members need to find out how many details about their lives have been revealed to the public because it is a horrible experince. They are better not to read it to avoid unfound doubts about their lives.

Last edited:
As someone who has read the book - I don't know where the claims of problems in Mary and Frederik's marriage came from. A direct quote from the book on their marriage: "They are great together, says a friend." p. 199.

I think the claims of problems came from speculations done by the media in connetion with the release of the book, and Trine Villeman herselfe has fanned the flames. On the interview, which you can finde here:

ninemsn Video

she says:"There are some issues in the marriage - there are some strain in the Marriage". On a question from the interviewer about whether Mary is growing in her troubles in the marriage she says: "Mary findes it difficult to deal with his (Frederiks) former girlfriends whom he still seeks out today" and immediatly after that she says: "Mary has locked herselfe into the royal palace and thrown the key away".

TV isn't speaking in the past tense but in the present and all through the interview ther is a big notice at the buttom of the screen saying: "Marriage troubles".

The claims of problems isn't something that has startede because of what Amber has or has not said to the media.

I can only add that, as an Australian, we only hear of Amber Petty, here and there, so far as her journalistic career is concerned, and not so very much at that. I think it highly likely that many Australians would have no idea that she was a friend of Denmark's princess. I could be wrong, though the children say that they've never hear of Amber Petty, despite knowing, full-well, who Princess Mary of Denmark is.

Actually, I don't at all understand why this Amber Petty seems, suddenly, to be some sort of problem for the DRF. What am I missing? I knowthat she was a bridesmaid at the wedding, but what does that signify, today?

Actually, I don't at all understand why this Amber Petty seems, suddenly, to be some sort of problem for the DRF. What am I missing? I knowthat she was a bridesmaid at the wedding, but what does that signify, today?

She isn't a problem for the DRF at all - it is only some posters here on TRF who is trying to seek problems where no problems are. Trine Villeman is the problem.

I read that Amber Petty said (in an interview), that Crownprincess Mary was hurt (deeply) by the book of Trine Villemann. Is this true?

Unfortunately, unless Mary herself decides to post here, it is highly unlikely that we will ever know exactly how she feels about most anything.

Were I her, however, I would just ignore it as nothing more than someone looking to make a quick kroner. And Amber Petty does not seem much of a friend if she is going about running her mouth, so I would doubt, if she is giving interviews, that Mary has much to do with her at all.

Unfortunately, unless Mary herself decides to post here, it is highly unlikely that we will ever know exactly how she feels about most anything.

Were I her, however, I would just ignore it as nothing more than someone looking to make a quick kroner. And Amber Petty does not seem much of a friend if she is going about running her mouth, so I would doubt, if she is giving interviews, that Mary has much to do with her at all.

Thanks for the information! :flowers:

Is it true, that the book is translated into english and that you can buy it in Australia?

I don't know much about the book except what I have read on the forum but I dont know of any marriage, including mine, that hasn't at some point had trouble. :bang:
Throw into the mix of a normal marriage all the speculation, two small children, travel and public service, a royal firm, new country and different traditions. With all of this, I am surprised CP Mary hasn't gone completely insane. IMHO, she must really love CP Fred, because no matter what comes along with all the royal perks, there sure seems like there is a lot of responsibility. I would rather stay a "normal" person and live my life as I please, not as everyone else pleases. Being away from my children overnight would be a deal breaker for me and it will probably only become more not less as time goes on.

...Is it true, that the book is translated into english and that you can buy it in Australia?

The book hasn't been published in English and therefore the chance of it being available for purchase in Australia (at this point) is slim

I have read an amazing article about Frederick and Mary's marriage in Vanidades magazine:eek:
¡No todo es color de rosa en la familia real danesa! :: Nobleza :: esmas.com

...The new book, titled '1015 Copenhagen K', written by journalist Trine Villeman, a former correspondent for the Danish royal house, establishes several facts that no one imagined, such as the Danish royal house is about to 'disintegrate' because queen Margaret II is tired of being queen, and each day it becomes more indifferent to the affairs of state,and that the crisis is compounded because the crown prince Frederick 'does not want to be king, which also has no ability to do so, and his marriage to Australian Mary Donaldson is a real disaster'.

What is most shocking is that the journalist argues that the blame for everything that happens to the crown prince is his mother, the Queen, which should have allowed to marry his Danish girlfriend, the former lingerie model Katja Storkholm.

The thesis Villeman -a highly respected woman, with much prestige in Denmark and well informed about what is happening in the Royal Household, which makes reliable information- is what has been called "a brutal analysis of reality"and its many details about 'nightmare marriage of Frederick and Mary' are outrageous,besides insisting that the Queen is only devoted to painting, designing costumes for theater, smoking and withdraw into their palaces, regardless of country.

And although it would be logical to resign and give the throne to her eldest son, 'the Danish monarchy needs a new leader and that, of course, is not Frederick'

Prince has always had a reputation for playboy, and have a weak character, as well as being little worker (she calls him 'vague and without motivation') and immature.

And the book said that his real dream in life was to marry his ex-girlfriend, model Katja Storkholm, but in Denmark apparently exists' an unwritten tradition that a future king or queen should look for his companion outside the borders Danish 'Now we know that Katja was very positive for the Prince, since not only quite understand, but what motivated and helped prepare and write their speeches, and gave him much encouragement when he did not wish to take real responsibilities.But in 1995, Queen Margaret finally objected to courtship that lasted several years, and told his son to be forgotten the girl. Prince was destroyed when he had to break with Katja.

And what about his marriage 'fairy tale' with plebeian Mary Donaldson?
their marriage is happy with the Danes, who see in that marriage a true love story, according to the journalist 'is doomed to failure' because Frederick really is not, nor ever has been, in love with Mary.
Frederick always liked voluptuous,very funny and fun-loving girls.
Mary is not so, but first -according to the journalis- 'Frederick loved the solidity of his girlfriend and seemed sympathetic, natural and loving sports, like him'
According to the book, Frederick is a little immature -remember those incontenibles cries who had his wedding day - has passion for his collection of 16 cars and also enjoys much of the company of their young children, but is not highly regarded Mary Donaldson, who suffers because her husband still has a very close relationship with some of his beautiful ex-girlfriends, including Katja.
It is said that Mary 'jealousy devour', which causes a lot of frustration there, and spent the day going shopping, and spending with credit cards that gives the Royal House...

Bulldust...:flowers:

And it's just rehashing over the grubby journalism of the past couple of months anyhow.

Bulldust aka Bull Cookies, Meadow Muffins

I agree 100% who has a clue what goes on behind closed doors. They seem to be a very happy, loving couple.

The thesis Villeman -a highly respected woman, with much prestige in Denmark and well informed about what is happening in the Royal Household, which makes reliable information.
I am sure that Villeman and perhaps her mother would agree to that :D - but apart from them it may be hard to find others who would concur ;)

ENGLISH, perhaps?

TV 2 Nyhederne
After having seen this video, I´m pretty sure, that it´s not all about money and sold books.
Trine got all absorbed with her matter and seems quite upset and not like a "cool calculator". She seems to believe, what she preaches...and it doesn´t seem, as if all would be just about getting a financial cushion.
She seems a little crazy though...but maybe I´m just frightened by a person, who gets in public so upset about such a banal topic as the (private) sides of a Monarchy. One feels reminded of oneself ;)

Lovely, but ... might you have a ENGLISH translation, perhaps, please?

Will the book come out in English, do you know?

-- Abbie

Villemann gave an interview to swedish Aftonbladet, it was published on the 24th of December:
Danska drottningen – en dålig mamma?/Aftonbladet
She repeats the same things that are at her book:
- Queen Margrethe wasn´t a good mother. She never played with her children when they were little.
- Crown prince Frederik has never wanted to be a King some day, and he hasn´t taken his duties seriously. When he got married, people thought that he would change, but he hasn´t. Frederik is popular and has a lot of friends. But he just likes to sail and party. It´s widely known at the Royal House that he is lazy.
- It´s a big difference between him and Crown princess Victoria. Even though Victoria had some difficulties (anorexia) when she was a teenager, she has grown to her role perfectly. She has self-confidence, radiance and it seems that she enjoys her work. She is focused and interested and she will be a fantastic queen one day. Crown prince Frederik can´t even make a good speech! And Villemann doesn´t think that he will have the strength to become a good king.
- Mary is too perfect, she tries so hard to fit in to the Royal machinery. What has happened to that spontaneous, lovely girl, who got married with Frederik? It´s Diana-disease all over again. Now Mary is a thin and cold crown princess with her design clothes and high-heel shoes. Villemann knows that they are in love, but Mary didn´t know e.g. that Frederik was secretly engaged to Katja Storkholm. But they couldn´t get married, because the Royal House of Denmark has this rule, that the princes and princesses couldn´t marry a danish citizen.
- Prince Joachim isn´t ready to marry again, he wasn´t ready to marry Alexandra either. And it became a catastrophe. They were like a cat and a dog from the beginning. But prince Joachim is pressured and he does like it´s waited from him.
- Villemann sees the future of the monarchy of Denmark very dark, there must be some changes. It´s different in Sweden, the princesses are modern. When Frederik gets 40 years old, he must make a decision. If he continues like this, the monarchy will be dead.
- Villemann assures that her resources are "waterproof".
- Villemann knows that Mary is very disappointed about her book.

I wouldn't count on seeing this type of book :)
If a creditable book on a royal couple's relationship was to be written, in order to be creditable it would have to be written by the couple itself or close family and/or friends who appeared as named sources. I don't see this happening;)
Do you honestly think that someone would write a 100% true book about their marriage? All the royal autobiographies were solely based on that persons opinion, or on the way they wanted people to perceive them. eg: Charles and Diana, look how different they saw the same thing in their lives.
Come on, will CP Mary ever write about her insecurities? Not her definitly... The one thing which I agree with what the journalist writes is that the CPss trys too hard, too hard to be perfect and show everyone her perfect life.

Last edited:
What an ...odd comment!
Amber wasn't asked to do a review on the book, it's linguistic and literaric quality, therefore she doesn't have to know Danish. She was asked whether it's true what the book claims (marriage problems) and she said it's rubbish. Unlike the author she knows the couple personally, so why is her comment odd? Perhaps, it wasn't wise of Amber to say anything because now - after the first uproar and interest ceased - EB can use this to go on with their "promotion through scandal" strategy (as someone sad "bad" PR sells better than "good" PR and they obviously want to sell their book in Australia). But I do think her comment was very understandable and not odd at all.

It's quite strange that you can judge Amber so easily, did you see the show? did you hear what she actually said? But the book has to be read before judging, a book btw whose author is totally basing her opinions on what others told her.

I remember in the early 90's an interview with the late Earl spencer, who said "Charles and Diana will never get divorced, they love each other too much" Ha! Do you honestly think that the CPrincely couples friends will ever say the truth, or do you think they know the truth? Does Mary know the truth herself is she honest with her feelings? Has anyone considered the fact that the Danish Cprincely couple are circulating more doubt about their relationship and talk about their marriage than any other royal couple since Diana and charles? I have no opinion regarding the couple and just enjoy to read and hear any opinion.

Has anyone considered the fact that the Danish Cprincely couple are circulating more doubt about their relationship and talk about their marriage than any other royal couple since Diana and charles?

This is the part what I found odd about this couple. From the very beginning when their romance was "discovered" by the press with the kiss Fred gave to Mary with full knowledge of the cameras around them, this couple seems to try harder than any other royal couples in memory to "sell" their relationship as "The True Love", "The Fairy Tale Couple", "The Happiest Family" etc.

Call me cynic, but I have been wondering what made them to try so hard to "sell" their relationship as "perfect". Because "The Fairy Tale" can make people overlook the fact that Fred's light work schedule or Mary's mediocor background? I wonder.

Back
Top Bottom