The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-15-2007, 09:55 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Has anyone brought or read the book yet?What did you think about it?

Old 10-15-2007, 10:24 AM
Commoner

Does anyone write a book so that no one reads it or buys it? I think that it is silly to assume that all the other authors in the world don't want anyone to buy their books and only trine wants to make money. If you don't want someone to read your book save it in a box under your bed. As for the truth of the book who knows. I don't really follow the Danish royals but is it impossible that even a small amount of the book is true? No one is perfect.

Old 10-15-2007, 10:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda View Post
It's not correct that nobody saw A and J split. There were rumours of marriage crisis and divorce for quite some time. But at the end of the day, those who worshipped Alexandra dismissed them as fabrications.
Well I'm going by the reaction I saw on the web at the time and that of Danihs people/firends/family and it wasn't only Alex fans who were shocked. You need only look at the relevant thread on this board to see that!
Old 10-15-2007, 11:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

I dont believe that writer. She is self calling her an expert and for me she is just a freeloader and don't know anything about the DRF. I think she should apologize for this nonsense and should pay the DRF a compensation.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:20 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm2 View Post
Does anyone write a book so that no one reads it or buys it? I think that it is silly to assume that all the other authors in the world don't want anyone to buy their books and only trine wants to make money. If you don't want someone to read your book save it in a box under your bed. As for the truth of the book who knows. I don't really follow the Danish royals but is it impossible that even a small amount of the book is true? No one is perfect.
According to Jyllandsposten this part of the book is correct:

"Queen Margrethe ascended the throne when her father, Frederik IX, died in 1972. And that Crown Prince Frederik was born in 1968, and that he, God and the weather willing, will one day become king with Australian born Mary by his side".

and is the only part that can be verified.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:57 PM
Aristocracy

There was today a report on German TV (BRISANT) about the book and the content of the book (take a look here):

Ist das Eheglück von Frederik und Mary nur gespielt? | DasErste.de
Old 10-15-2007, 01:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Considering the success royals have had in bringing people to court for false statements and publications it will be interesting to see if the Danish royal family can refute this author. Perhaps the reality is even more interesting than the book!
Old 10-15-2007, 01:19 PM
Royal Highness

Judging from reviews of this socalled book, it is a mere collection of the type of gossip, exaggerations and free fantasy you'll find in any tabloid, not worth the effort I would say. Better save the trouble of initiating legal action for a real author who has done some real work and then take a stance on the content
Old 10-15-2007, 01:28 PM
Aristocracy

New Book

Princess Mary not Frederik's true love, says book | NEWS.com.au
Old 10-15-2007, 01:33 PM
Serene Highness

Does anyone know who this women realy is and how she gets all this information? She says Frederik doesn't want to be king and should have married Katja Sorkholm and that they got engaged in 1995!!! Is that even true? It also talks about Katja giving Fred confidence for his speaches and it made him more confident of himself. Also that Mary is not natural and trying to hard??
I don't know about you guys, but this just sounds like one of those German tabloid stories (who make up all kinds of nonsence) but then in a book
Old 10-15-2007, 02:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm2 View Post
I know, it's a rather odd argument people trying to make?

As for its truth of the book,I don't see why keeping the sources unnamed automatically means it is all fabrications. Anybody who did contribute to this book, whether they were a current staff member or ex, are hardly going to wish to be named. The would definitely lose their job and probably be the recipient of some sort of legal action.

After all, I've never seen anybody question the truth of the Jean Sasson "Princess" series; could that be because they fit in with people's prejudices about the Saudis? Quite probably......
Old 10-15-2007, 02:03 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess leonor View Post
Does anyone know who this women realy is and how she gets all this information? She says Frederik doesn't want to be king and should have married Katja Sorkholm and that they got engaged in 1995!!! Is that even true? It also talks about Katja giving Fred confidence for his speaches and it made him more confident of himself. Also that Mary is not natural and trying to hard??
I don't know about you guys, but this just sounds like one of those German tabloid stories (who make up all kinds of nonsence) but then in a book
I don't know who this woman (Trine Villemann) is, but I read often (ten years ago) about the love between Crownprince Frederik and Katja Storkholm and the newspapers wrote that they wanted to marry, but that it was forbidden, because she was a "dessous"-model... (I don't know if it was true, but it was in the media...)
Old 10-15-2007, 02:06 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Darkness View Post
I don't know who this woman (Trine Villemann) is, but I read often (ten years ago) about the love between Crownprince Frederik and Katja Storkholm and the newspapers wrote that they wanted to marry, but that it was forbidden, because she was a "dessous"-model... (I don't know if it was true, but it was in the media...)
Kind off like Felipe and Eva Sannum then? Same rumours in Spain that Felipe wanted to be with her, but that it was forbidden and that he would not be happy with Letizia. I think its all a bunch of non-sence, but since it sells well, the women is going to make lots of money for it.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:21 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess leonor View Post
Kind off like Felipe and Eva Sannum then? Same rumours in Spain that Felipe wanted to be with her, but that it was forbidden and that he would not be happy with Letizia. I think its all a bunch of non-sence, but since it sells well, the women is going to make lots of money for it.
I don't know if it was just a rumour. There are lovely pictures from Crownprince Frederik and Katja - together walking at a beach, hand-in-hand...
It was ten years (really so long) ago... I don't remember every article I read...
You can get some information in the thread:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...lames-127.html

In the German TV report (I mentioned before) they said, that Trine Villemann wrote, that Crownprince Frederik has still a close contact to Katja Storkholm...
Old 10-15-2007, 02:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
Considering the success royals have had in bringing people to court for false statements and publications it will be interesting to see if the Danish royal family can refute this author. Perhaps the reality is even more interesting than the book!
Danish royals never brought anyone to court for false statements, they have a tradition of ignoring them and I doubt they will change their way now. Though I sometimes think they should change it and follow the Dutch example.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:51 PM
Courtier

I not sure what I think about this silly book, I guess I'm rather ambivalent. I'm sure their are some "truths", and I'm sure it has a pretty large dose of "fiction".
If it comes out in English I might check in out of the library, but doubt I would purchase it.
I think the Queen will probably ignore (in public) the book, thatshow they handle rumors. Its probably a wise move on her part.
Who knows some good may actually come out of this if the DRF sees some weekness they can try and fix it
Old 10-15-2007, 03:04 PM
Aristocracy

One "problem" is, that nobody has read the book already. We only know, what newspapers and tv-stations mentioned. And they choose that, what they want to choose (and what is a good headliner)...
Old 10-15-2007, 07:55 PM
Heir Apparent

TV 2 Nyhederne
After having seen this video, I´m pretty sure, that it´s not all about money and sold books.
Trine got all absorbed with her matter and seems quite upset and not like a "cool calculator". She seems to believe, what she preaches...and it doesn´t seem, as if all would be just about getting a financial cushion.
She seems a little crazy though...but maybe I´m just frightened by a person, who gets in public so upset about such a banal topic as the (private) sides of a Monarchy. One feels reminded of oneself
Old 10-15-2007, 08:28 PM
Courtier

Well, I'd read the book if it were available in English, if only to embellish the sneering ridicule in journalists' responses here.

Obviously, I've mis-read many negative signs in this marriage, starting with Frederik's tears at the altar, when he was, apparently, crying for his lost Danish love, and not happiness at marrying Mary.

I remember, also, that in his wedding speech, he said in front of the world's media - 'I love you Mary'. More make-believe, I suppose.

And I am shocked, shocked I say, at poor little Mary's lack of composure, strength of character and dignity when she, allegedly, burst into tears at a party because her husband's ex-girlfriend was there. Steady on, Mary - gird your loins, lassie!

Hopefully, the secret Australian forces, training to rescue Mary from her terrible life, her ghastly in-laws and her non-caring husband will soon be ready to offer Mary full support and whisk her away to another fairytale castle in a magic kingdom, far, far away, where she'll be terribly happy dressing up in her finery, for ever and ever.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:43 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly View Post
Well, I'd read the book if it were available in English, if only to embellish the sneering ridicule in journalists' responses here.

Obviously, I've mis-read many negative signs in this marriage, starting with Frederik's tears at the altar, when he was, apparently, crying for his lost Danish love, and not happiness at marrying Mary.

I remember, also, that in his wedding speech, he said in front of the world's media - 'I love you Mary'. More make-believe, I suppose.
And I am shocked, shocked I say, at poor little Mary's lack of composure, strength of character and dignity when she, allegedly, burst into tears at a party because her husband's ex-girlfriend was there. Steady on, Mary - gird your loins, lassie!

Hopefully, the secret Australian forces, training to rescue Mary from her terrible life, her ghastly in-laws and her non-caring husband will soon be ready to offer Mary full support and whisk her away to another fairytale castle in a magic kingdom, far, far away, where she'll be terribly happy dressing up in her finery, for ever and ever.
Polly- that was hilarious. I am not a Danish expert but from all I see in the videos and pictures, they look like a normal family and seem to love each other. Lets hope so, if for nothing else but those two little children who, regardless who F&M are to society, are mom and dad to these kids and will always be. I hope everyone learned something from Charles and Diana, it really isn't a job, its their life and the children pay the price. I watched the video today of CP Christian marching in front of the Palace and I have to say QM looked just like a loving grandma and Henrik seems like a great grandfather. Nicolai and Felix really seem to love their grandpa.