The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-17-2008, 03:46 PM
Royal Highness

George Bush has actually visited Denmark twice; his last 'whirlwind' visit for about 24 hours almost drained the resources of the Danish police because of the huge security measures involved - including closing off an entire highway while he was using it

Old 01-17-2008, 08:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Let us try to keep this thread dedicated to the book, please? Denmark/USA relations, Danish royals marrying foreignersÖ the discussions can be done on other parts of this forum.

Old 04-30-2008, 04:49 AM
Royal Highness

Is the book available in English yet?
Old 05-05-2008, 12:36 AM
Nobility

Smile Status of Trine Villeman's Book on The Danish Royal Family.

I asked her about the status of the translation, of her book, into English and its future availability.

I received this e-mail back from Trine's husband. I edited out the parts that do NOT pertain to the book, itself.

Quote:
Hi Abbie,

I am helping edit the book.Nine out of ten chapters are ready,and Trine is just updating and rewriting the opinion chapter -10.

We will make it available first as an ebook,which can be downloaded as a pdf file.

A paperback version should be ready in the summer.

Thanks for your interest.

We will e-mail you as soon as we have more solid information.
best wishes,

(Name with-held at my discretion)

Old 06-24-2008, 10:34 PM
Commoner

Well, i just want to comment on Trine Villemann's book from the review of it in the Danish Royal Watchers website.....! How can she write that the Queen isn't a good mother and at the same time, say that CP Fredrik doesnt want to be King. To me, the Queen did best as she could because she was catapulted to the throne with a very very young family and had to put Denmark first and her own family second. Now with Fredriks own young family, i think QMII knows from her own experience that, he needs time with his own children at such a crucial developing age before he becomes king. thats all i want to express here.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:23 PM
Nobility

Smile Thank you :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cakobau View Post
Well, i just want to comment on Trine Villemann's book from the review of it in the Danish Royal Watchers website.....! How can she write that the Queen isn't a good mother and at the same time, say that CP Fredrik doesnt want to be King. To me, the Queen did best as she could because she was catapulted to the throne with a very very young family and had to put Denmark first and her own family second. Now with Fredriks own young family, i think QMII knows from her own experience that, he needs time with his own children at such a crucial developing age before he becomes king. thats all i want to express here.
Can you please link us to the website from where you got this review?
Is the site in English?
I would love to read more reviews of Trine's book, actually.

-- Abbie
Old 06-25-2008, 10:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

I'm not sure this is the right one, but here's a review of the book from Danish Royal Watchers:

Danish Royal Watchers: Trine Villemann's book worst of 2007 - book review

and an interview with the author (this is the one which talks about the Queen not being a good mother):

Danish Royal Watchers: Danish monarchy: Politiken interviews Trine Villemann
Old 06-25-2008, 12:58 PM
Nobility

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
I'm not sure this is the right one, but here's a review of the book from Danish Royal Watchers:

Danish Royal Watchers: Trine Villemann's book worst of 2007 - book review

and an interview with the author (this is the one which talks about the Queen not being a good mother):

Danish Royal Watchers: Danish monarchy: Politiken interviews Trine Villemann
Lovely!

Something in English that I can read

Thank you for this ... Yes, I do plan on getting the book, once it's out in English. The subject matter intrigues me, greatly, Elspeth.

-- Abbie
Old 06-28-2008, 11:16 PM
Heir Apparent

www.news.com.au

Mary and Frederik come under fire

PRINCESS Mary's family has hit back at claims she left her personality in Australia and that her husband, Prince Frederik, is a lazy, reluctant heir.

Mary and Frederik come under fire | Herald Sun

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 06-29-2008, 02:25 AM
Courtier

I would also love to read the book. It intrigues me what can I say. Although there are a lot of excerpts in the web that says about the Queen not being a good mother and Fred's recent royal birthday bash. Mary and Fred were highly criticized about the glamorous party they spent and not only one but 2 huge parties. They were criticized that at least one party was shared with the DAnes and not with other royal folks. They were really under fire now...
Old 06-29-2008, 06:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
They were really under fire now...
I've just returned from Denmark, and they certainly aren't under fire on any front.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 06-29-2008, 12:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeleine victoria View Post
I would also love to read the book. It intrigues me what can I say. Although there are a lot of excerpts in the web that says about the Queen not being a good mother and Fred's recent royal birthday bash. Mary and Fred were highly criticized about the glamorous party they spent and not only one but 2 huge parties. They were criticized that at least one party was shared with the DAnes and not with other royal folks. They were really under fire now...
I don't know where you received this wrong information, but Mary and Fred are certainly not "under fire" in Denmark -- and that is the only country they should worry about.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:22 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
I don't know where you received this wrong information, but Mary and Fred are certainly not "under fire" in Denmark -- and that is the only country they should worry about.

I read this from an article which is linked to another royal website. This was quoted as stated in the book. I was just posting what I've read from another article. I don't know if this is even right or wrong, I was just intrigued by what I read. Anyway, here's the link. Hope this works...

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599...01-401,00.html

I don't know if this link works, hope it does. But you can search the article "Mary's losing natural touch". You may just search for this title.

Old 07-03-2008, 11:26 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I read this from an article which is linked to another royal website. This was quoted as stated in the book. I was just posting what I've read from another article. I don't know if this is even right or wrong, I was just intrigued by what I read. Anyway, here's the link. Hope this works...

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599...01-401,00.html

I don't know if this link works, hope it does. But you can search the article "Mary's losing natural touch". You may just search for this title.
The link does not work for me. I'll search for the title.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:08 PM
Aristocracy

Here's the article Princess Mary 'losing natural touch' | NEWS.com.au
Old 07-03-2008, 01:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Let me put my two cents worth here. If Mary had remained the free spirited Hobart girl she was she would be criticised that she did not behave as a princess. If the Danish Monarchy lasted as long as it did, without mingling with commoners I do not think a 40th birthday celebration or lack of, would turn people around one way or the other. Whether we like to admit to it or not, every family has some form of dysfunction so the guess that the DRF may or may not have, should be of no surprise.
I would read the book out of curiosity but not because I expect to read anything solid or new.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:30 PM
Nobility

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsh1n3 View Post
THANKS for this link!

The other did nor work for me.
Old 07-03-2008, 03:00 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Mary and Fred were highly criticized about the glamorous party they spent and not only one but 2 huge parties. They were criticized that at least one party was shared with the DAnes and not with other royal folks. They were really under fire now...
Under fire .... LOL - you wish By whom and where were they supposedly critised?
Old 07-03-2008, 03:40 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
Under fire .... LOL - you wish By whom and where were they supposedly critised?
By the author at least, and her sources... I suppose there will be other people critisizing the couple too since Denmark is not like Ira Levins' Stepford. Nothing wrong with that, constructive critisism should be appreciated to make the institution stronger.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:26 PM
Royal Highness

True; but somehow I associate being 'under fire' with something that creates a bit more smoke and interesting discussions than just the usual articles in Se&HÝr and EkstraBladet.