The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #81  
Old 08-24-2015, 07:33 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
The picture is actually moose ( which is different from elk) and is a very popular animal in Sweden. Very frequently depicted on just about everything. We call the moose the King of the Forest, (Skogens Konung)and is the reason why the Volvo is built with such attention to safety. Sweden today has about 3-400,000 moose (even though 100,000 are killed each year during the hunting season) and a collision with a moose most likely will result in a fatality of driver and passenger. There is even an established test for evaluating vehicles manueverability that is called the Swedish Moose Test. It looks as if the women in the photo is holding a linen napkin or small table clothes with a moose motif. About as Swedish as you can get.
Thank you for that, that is lovely. I will resist saying I am moosted grateful:)
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 08-24-2015, 08:06 AM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 6,048
It looks to have been a very elegant but low-key wedding with a few friends and family. The venue was quite romantic and everfyone seemed relaxed and happy.

I thought the bride looked beautiful and I loved her gown, better yet, I thought her sister's ensembles were quite lovely. I loved the color and the heavy lacy effect. Either of them could wear it again at some future time.
__________________

__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 08-24-2015, 08:22 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Palace, Canada
Posts: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The photos taken by photographer Partik Österberg at various photo agencies.
"Lina Hellqvist married Mr. Jonas Frejd aboard on the ship M / S Borgila in the harbor of Stockholm. The festivities started with champagne 10:00 local time for the around 80 invited guests. The couple was married on the sundeck at 17 o 'clock, with the City Hall as a backdrop decor. Prince Carl Philip Witnessed the wedding ceremony, a few meters from the bridal couple".
APA-Picturedesk
PA Images

At least Dana Press has photos from the wedding too.
j

Very lovely pics. Seemed like a nice relaxed day. The Hellqvist family are having a wonderful summer it seems.
Is it usual to have such a long day for a wedding. Start at 10:00 and go until so late.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 08-24-2015, 08:43 AM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 5,676
Certainly someone spotted cameras...

the bridesmaids dresses were beyond awful IMO! And Sofia's ponytail didn't do anything but worsen the outifit...

Lina, on the contrary, looked quite classy and refined... Beautiful bride.
__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 08-24-2015, 09:53 AM
Sarahbellar's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Certainly someone spotted cameras...

the bridesmaids dresses were beyond awful IMO! And Sofia's ponytail didn't do anything but worsen the outfit...

Lina, on the contrary, looked quite classy and refined... Beautiful bride.
I imagine they saw the photographers but chose to ignore them rather than have them spoil the special day. Sure they could have tried to get rid of them but I doubt that would actually work. They were trying to have a normal family wedding but they had unwanted paps- not much they could do. Some might suggest that they could have chosen a more discreet location but that would be giving into the paps and changing what they wanted for their wedding. I really think they did the best they could with what was presented them. They did not change what they wanted for their wedding and just accepted that the paps were apart of the territory of having their family apart of the public spotlight now.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 08-24-2015, 09:58 AM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 5,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahbellar View Post
I imagine they saw the photographers but chose to ignore them rather than have them spoil the special day. Sure they could have tried to get rid of them but I doubt that would actually work. They were trying to have a normal family wedding but they had unwanted paps- not much they could do. Some might suggest that they could have chosen a more discreet location but that would be giving into the paps and changing what they wanted for their wedding. I really think they did the best they could with what was presented them. They did not change what they wanted for their wedding and just accepted that the paps were apart of the territory of having their family apart of the public spotlight now.
I think they knew pretty well that the location of the wedding would have been revealed and I also think they kind of expected paparazzi. Even with a more discreet location/wedding ceremony paparazzi would have find them IMO. So let it be.
__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 08-24-2015, 10:36 AM
eya eya is online now
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 5,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
It looks to have been a very elegant but low-key wedding with a few friends and family. The venue was quite romantic and everfyone seemed relaxed and happy.

I thought the bride looked beautiful and I loved her gown, better yet, I thought her sister's ensembles were quite lovely. I loved the color and the heavy lacy effect. Either of them could wear it again at some future time.

Exactly like you say MARG. A low-key beautiful wedding.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 08-24-2015, 02:50 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,491
Lina looked lovely, she is a beautiful woman. The dresses of the bridesmaids were just horrible with that heavy lace.
Carl Philip and Sofia
https://instagram.com/p/6xaJoqhiLC/
Sofia
https://instagram.com/p/6xZ1eyhiKP/
Lina and Jonas
https://instagram.com/p/6xaPgzBiLR/
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 08-24-2015, 05:54 PM
Madame Verseau's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Louisville, United States
Posts: 354
I'm not a fan of the bridesmaids' dresses either. They look like large crochet doilies culled together to make a dress. This is not about income, either. I've seen dresses and gowns coming out of famous design houses that look hideous and I've seen ones from department stores and consignment shops that look beautiful.

Not all the pictures from the wedding are pap shots. There are pictures out that are from inside the reception. Unless some pap managed to get inside posing as a waiter/waitress, these pictures being released by the family or guests. And in some pictures people are posing.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 08-24-2015, 06:31 PM
carlota's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 7,066
i guess it's somehow inevitable that family and friends will tweet and post on FB pictures of a wedding...
__________________
Sign the United Nations Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare: http://www.animalsmatter.org
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE!
Feed an animal in need, click for free.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 08-24-2015, 08:37 PM
JR76's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 903
The Family of Princess Sofia - The Hellqvists

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i guess it's somehow inevitable that family and friends will tweet and post on FB pictures of a wedding...

Not really. No pictures was, to my knowledge, posted online from the ceremony and dinner when Prince Daniel's sister Anna Söderström married in 2012. If Lina and Jonas wanted to they could've asked people not to post pictures on public Instagram and Facebook accounts. Either they didn't think there'd be any interest in their wedding pictures from the media or maybe they don't care about the possibility of pictures going public.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 08-24-2015, 09:29 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Palace, Canada
Posts: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Not really. No pictures was, to my knowledge, posted online from the ceremony and dinner when Prince Daniel's sister Anna Söderström married in 2012. If Lina and Jonas wanted to they could've asked people not to post pictures on public Instagram and Facebook accounts. Either they didn't think there'd be any interest in their wedding pictures from the media or maybe they don't care about the possibility of pictures going public.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
The pictures of Sofia and CP are no longer available at least from here.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 08-24-2015, 10:07 PM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 6,048
The instagram photos are not available anymore but regardless, why do people want to rain on the bride and groom's day. The SRF was not exploited in any way. What more do people want?

As to the FB and Instagram posts, I think we live in an age where it is quite normal to take a photo and automatically upload it. So they did, realised the mistake and took them down, End of story.
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 08-25-2015, 01:27 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Not really. No pictures was, to my knowledge, posted online from the ceremony and dinner when Prince Daniel's sister Anna Söderström married in 2012. If Lina and Jonas wanted to they could've asked people not to post pictures on public Instagram and Facebook accounts. Either they didn't think there'd be any interest in their wedding pictures from the media or maybe they don't care about the possibility of pictures going public.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Anna Westling got married in 2011. Anna Westling is much more private person than Lina Hellqvist. Anna and Mikael Söderström got married at the Gävle Concert Hall, and the party was held at an unknown place. Anna and Mikael had ensured that their wedding would be very private by inviting only their closest people, there were only about 20 guests at their wedding.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 08-25-2015, 01:38 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 2,383
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Anna Westling got married in 2011. Anna Westling is much more private person than Lina Hellqvist. Anna and Mikael Söderström got married at the Gävle Concert Hall, and the party was held at an unknown place. Anna and Mikael had ensured that their wedding would be very private by inviting only their closest people, there were only about 20 guests at their wedding.
Kronprinsessan strålade när prinsens syster gifte sig | Nyheter | Expressen

One of numerous photos in the newspapers and magazines when Prince Daniel's sister got married. Neither the wedding venue nor date was a secret.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 08-25-2015, 01:51 AM
JR76's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 903
The Family of Princess Sofia - The Hellqvists

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Anna Westling got married in 2011. Anna Westling is much more private person than Lina Hellqvist. Anna and Mikael Söderström got married at the Gävle Concert Hall, and the party was held at an unknown place. Anna and Mikael had ensured that their wedding would be very private by inviting only their closest people, there were only about 20 guests at their wedding.


Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
Kronprinsessan strålade när prinsens syster gifte sig | Nyheter | Expressen

One of numerous photos in the newspapers and magazines when Prince Daniel's sister got married. Neither the wedding venue nor date was a secret.

All those pictures are taken outside the venues of the ceremony and the party, no pictures were to my knowledge leaked to the press from the inside. Victoria and Daniel chose to pose for some pics to keep the media happy.
You're right in that Anna Söderström is a lot more private and discrete than Lina Hellqvist and Jonas Frejd but it's not as if the later two are courting the press. To me it's more as if they're not yet aware of how big an impact being closely related to royalty can have on their lives if they're not careful.
Anna Söderström and the whole Westling family seem to have made the choice early on to keep a very low profile. Their integrity and discretion must be one of the reasons why Victoria care for them as much as she seemingly does.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 08-25-2015, 01:54 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
Kronprinsessan strålade när prinsens syster gifte sig | Nyheter | Expressen

One of numerous photos in the newspapers and magazines when Prince Daniel's sister got married. Neither the wedding venue nor date was a secret.
I didn't mean that, I meant the photos people leak out from the wedding to the social media so that the press gets them.

Like I wrote earlier to this thread about the wedding of Anna Westling:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Normally the press finds out when a family member of a royal gets married. When Daniel's sister got married, Expressen, Aftonbladet and the local press published photos of them the next day, but they hadn't told to the press before the wedding that they are getting married. The press wrote that despite much secrecy surrounding the wedding had a small crowd of journalists and photographers gathered before the wedding. And Daniel said to the press that the families hoped to keep the wedding private, and that is why he and Victoria came out to be photographed. Because Victoria was pregnant then, the press was following their every footstep.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 08-25-2015, 03:47 AM
xenobia's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Near the artic circle, Sweden
Posts: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
I'm not a fan of the bridesmaids' dresses either. They look like large crochet doilies culled together to make a dress. This is not about income, either. I've seen dresses and gowns coming out of famous design houses that look hideous and I've seen ones from department stores and consignment shops that look beautiful.

Not all the pictures from the wedding are pap shots. There are pictures out that are from inside the reception. Unless some pap managed to get inside posing as a waiter/waitress, these pictures being released by the family or guests. And in some pictures people are posing.
We are very well aware that you are not a fan of anything that is connected to Sofia, so no surprise there.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 08-27-2015, 08:52 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,491
Lina's wedding dress was from swedish Nixa Design
https://www.facebook.com/Nixa.se/pho...type=1&theater
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 08-27-2015, 08:56 AM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 5,676
I think Lina's wedding dress was original and very much flattering for her! At least we haven't seen the classical lace!
__________________

__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion about Princess Sofia's Past & Future Role in the Royal Family Tilia C. Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia 189 12-17-2015 01:48 AM
Discussion about Sofia Hellqvist's Past & Future Role in the Royal Family JessRulz Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia 1147 06-21-2015 10:47 PM




Popular Tags
andrew scott cooper ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coronation coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events dictatorship duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy murder new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 october and november 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess mette-marit fashion and style queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:49 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises