The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-01-2015, 04:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

From Expressen
Now Sofia's sister gets soon her own prince
Princess Sofia is soon not the only one of the sisters with a wedding ring on her finger. In late August, it is the time for big sister Lina to say "yes" to her prince too.
- It will be very lovely, says the groom Jonas Frejd.
On May 21, the couple applied for a Consideration of impediments to marriage that they sent in to the Swedish Tax Agency. According to Svensk Damtidning, which was first with the news, their request was accepted on 26 June.
And now Jonas Frejd reveals that there will be a summer wedding.
- It will be in the end of August.
The details of the wedding are secret so far, he tells.
- It will be a private event, and we want to leave as much as possible as a surprise for our friends and family.
There is now speculation about whether the wedding will take place at the Älvdalen church. But Lena Schröder, who works in the parish of Älvdalen, has not received any such information.
- But she is welcome here. All are welcome to Älvdalen!, she says.
Expressen has sought Lina Hellqvist for a comment.
Prinsessan Sofia Hellqvists syster Lina ska gifta sig med Jonas Frejd _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Translation

Old 08-01-2015, 08:53 AM
Heir Apparent

If that's true, I think that Jonas as made a mistake by talking to press... he hasn't revealed anything, true that, but he has made nothing but increase the press attention for them IMO.

Old 08-01-2015, 10:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Sofia & Prince Carl-Philip will be present, of course.
Old 08-01-2015, 12:02 PM
Courtier

Come on. Give them a break. No one in Sofias family has - as far as I know - said or done something inappropriate. It's okay to not like Sofia, but when you try to pin all sorts of bad manners or negativity to her relatives, it just gets ridiculous.
Old 08-01-2015, 05:06 PM
Nobility

I also think the groom-to-be shouldn't have talk to the press if the goal is privacy. Now the media is going to be on the hunt for the location and scrutinize every bit of the ceremony. The gown, the reception, the honeymoon. The Hellqvists are not rich; I don't think the groom comes from money either. If this wedding looks upscale the question of cost is going to come up. Who's paying for it? The couple may have saved for a lovely, elegant wedding and honeymoon; but if it's perceived the cost of the nuptials are beyond their means, cue the articles and online comments that the Prince Couple or the SRF paid for it. Victoria and Daniel and Carl Philip and Sofia have had questions hurled at them about the cost of their honeymoons; to the point that the court information officer (CIO) had to put out statements that the honeymoons were paid with private funds. No tax dollars. It would be a shame Lina and her groom would be put in a position (hope not) to put out a statement that they paid for the wedding themselves (or what is the normal custom in a Swedish wedding). Or that Carl Philip and Sofia have contributed with personal funds, if that is the case.
Old 08-01-2015, 05:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
I also think the groom-to-be shouldn't have talk to the press if the goal is privacy. Now the media is going to be on the hunt for the location and scrutinize every bit of the ceremony. The gown, the reception, the honeymoon. The Hellqvists are not rich; I don't think the groom comes from money either. If this wedding looks upscale the question of cost is going to come up. Who's paying for it? The couple may have saved for a lovely, elegant wedding and honeymoon; but if it's perceived the cost of the nuptials are beyond their means, cue the articles and online comments that the Prince Couple or the SRF paid for it. Victoria and Daniel and Carl Philip and Sofia have had questions hurled at them about the cost of their honeymoons; to the point that the court information officer (CIO) had to put out statements that the honeymoons were paid with private funds. No tax dollars. It would be a shame Lina and her groom would be put in a position (hope not) to put out a statement that they paid for the wedding themselves (or what is the normal custom in a Swedish wedding). Or that Carl Philip and Sofia have contributed with personal funds, if that is the case.
This is just ridiculous. Lina and her fiancé are two working adults (DINK, you know) who probably have been saving up for their wedding themselves. No one is going to question that here in Sweden. Give this a rest now.
Old 08-01-2015, 05:55 PM
Courtier

Not satisfied with attacking just Princess Sofia, people are now going after her family, with all types of mean insinuations. This is downright pathetic.

Princess Isabel (1846-1921), Princess Imperial and Regent of the Empire of Brazil, after she signed the Golden Law, in 1888, abolishing slavery in Brazil.
Old 08-01-2015, 08:35 PM
Courtier

The Family of Princess Sofia - The Hellqvists

That two members of the working- or lower middle class have a big wedding isn't that unusual in Sweden as most people with a steady income can afford to save up for it during a year or two. Given that I very much doubt that anyone will think twice over the cost of a wedding of the sister of a princess most people neither know a lot of or really care that much about.
Another thing that should be pointed out is that besides the odd picture and greetings from passing fans even the biggest stars in Sweden move about quite freely and unbothered so there's no doubt in my mind that the Hellqvists will be left alone in their day-to-day lives. Remember her parents live in a small, close-knit town where a stranger wouldn't go unnoticed.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 08-02-2015, 05:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
Actually i think *you* are the only one that comes up with these questions, not "the media"
Old 08-22-2015, 01:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Lina Hellqvist and Jonas Frejd got married today at a big boat in Stockholm. Svensk Damtidning claims that they were the only media representative at the wedding. Sofia and Sara Hellqvist were bridesmaids.
Just nu_ Lina Hellqvist har gift sig _ Svensk Damtidning
Translation
https://instagram.com/p/6sMA9epLJY/?...enskdamtidning
https://instagram.com/p/6sWEANJLC2/?...enskdamtidning

Svensk Damtidning promoted in their newest issue that next week they will have photos of Carl Philip and Sofia at the family wedding.

Grandmother Britt told to Svensk Damtidning that it feels fantastic.
Mormor Britt_ Det känns fantastiskt! _ Svensk Damtidning
Translation
Old 08-22-2015, 01:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Have the allowed any press to their wedding??
Old 08-22-2015, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Have the allowed any press to their wedding??
Looking at the blurred pics (one photographed through a window), I'd say they are paparazzi pics. The pics really don't look 'allowed', imo.

Old 08-22-2015, 02:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Looking at the blurred pics (one photographed through a window), I'd say they are paparazzi pics. The pics really don't look 'allowed', imo.

Iasked because it seems Lina's grandmother gave the press a comment...
Old 08-22-2015, 02:46 PM
Nobility

Based on what LadyFinn posted, Svensk Damtidning / Swedish Women's Weekly was present.
Old 08-22-2015, 04:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Claude View Post
Based on what LadyFinn posted, Svensk Damtidning / Swedish Women's Weekly was present.
Yes, but was Svensk Damtidning only beside the boat at the street, or really at the wedding? At least they knew where the wedding would be, because on Wednesday's issue they promoted "Photo extra from the family celebration, Carl Philip and Sofia at a wedding... again!" at their next week's issue.
Perhaps we see tomorrow at their website more photos, or at their paper issue on Wednesday. Then we will see if they really were at the wedding.

Expressen is just quoting the story in Svensk Damtidning.
Hurra! Nu fick Lina Hellqvist sin prins _ Nyheter _ Expressen
Old 08-22-2015, 04:30 PM
Nobility

@Lady Finn - if SvenskDam/Swedish Women's Weekly is planning to do a spread on a wedding of person whose sibling happens to be a recently married in royal, someone is talking to the press. There would not be a photo array of any kind unless the press was granted access. And if they turn out to be just pap pictures from the street, someone tipped off the paps with the location of the wedding.
Old 08-22-2015, 04:37 PM
Courtier

I hope that the bride and groom have very many happy years in front of them.
Old 08-22-2015, 05:02 PM
Nobility

I think that Svensk Damtidning / Swedish Women's Weekly either had a reporter on the scene, or they are being fed details and may get access to photos. If it plays out that way, I don't have a big problem with it.
Old 08-22-2015, 05:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Instagram, the happy couple
https://instagram.com/p/6sdCSsFPHA/?...hakanmontelius
Old 08-22-2015, 06:01 PM
Nobility

I love their outfits especially the groom. And I have to say I have a real desire to visit Sweden. The views of Stockholm from these two summer weddings are lovely.