The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-06-2015, 04:07 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHAmy View Post

As for the press conference of the engagement, parents usually aren't there. Kate Middleton's parents weren't at hers, neither was Sophie the countess if wessex's, Queen letizia's, Princess Mary's, princess Victoria's, Princess Madeleines and so on. I believe the press conference is just for the couple not their families.

It is not the same for the engagement Press Conferences. In the UK, Sweden, Norway only the bridal Couples ae there. In Denmark, the Netherlands Spian and Belgium also the parents and sometimes even the entire Family (Belgium and Spain) are present.

Old 01-06-2015, 04:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
It is not the same for the engagement Press Conferences. In the UK, Sweden, Norway only the bridal Couples ae there. In Denmark, the Netherlands Spian and Belgium also the parents and sometimes even the entire Family (Belgium and Spain) are present.

I understand about the royal's family being there but as for the person marrying in to the RF I haven't seen their families present. The countries you spoke if like queen letizia's her parents weren't there, neither queen maxima's not princess Mary's.

Old 01-06-2015, 04:58 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHAmy View Post
I understand about the royal's family being there but as for the person marrying in to the RF I haven't seen their families present. The countries you spoke if like queen letizia's her parents weren't there, neither queen maxima's not princess Mary's.
The father and stepmther of Mary where certainly there. They even appeared on the balcony together with the bridal Couple and Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik.
Old 01-07-2015, 02:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Someone has made a research about Sofia's ancestors.
Sofia Hellqvist – ny blivande prinsessa och hertiginna Släktingar-bloggen
Translation
Old 06-11-2015, 03:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Lina Hellqvist and her boyfriend Jonas Frejd attended at the launch of new frozen cocktail, organized by Sebastian Ingrosso and Jimmy Dymott at restaurant F12/terassen on Wednesday.
https://cawamedia.files.wordpress.co.../dsc_00235.jpg
https://cawamedia.files.wordpress.co.../dsc_00264.jpg
Old 07-29-2015, 07:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Lina Hellqvist is getting married, according to Svensk Damtidning
On the cover
"A new "princess wedding" already in August
Sofia's sister is getting married"
SDT1532_HiResFiles(1)
Old 07-29-2015, 09:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Maybe her sister's wedding served her as an inspiration! Funny how the swedish mags seem to knoe everything about the Hellqivists
Old 07-29-2015, 11:10 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Maybe her sister's wedding served her as an inspiration! Funny how the swedish mags seem to knoe everything about the Hellqivists
The sisters probably planned this for a long time, and I don't think that Lina needed inspiration from Sofia to marry her fiancé. Not strange either that the tabloids know that Sofias sister is getting married. It's probably not a secret wedding...
Old 07-29-2015, 11:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

According to Svensk Damtidning, Lina Hellqvist confirmed herself to them that she is getting married.
Nu gifter sig prinsessan Sofias syster _ Svensk Damtidning
Translation
Old 07-29-2015, 09:13 PM
Nobility

I hope this family is not the new Middletons - in the papers because one of their own married into a royal house. It's one thing to get press for your own interests, but if you're only written about because of famous ties (or involved in something the celebrity is involved) that's different. I think Victoria's and Madeleine's in-laws have been in the press, mostly because the SRF invited them to an event. Outside of that, you don't hear much about the Westlings or the O'Neills. If there's non-stop coverage of the Hellqvists that can turn people off quite quickly.
Old 07-30-2015, 04:26 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
I hope this family is not the new Middletons - in the papers because one of their own married into a royal house. It's one thing to get press for your own interests, but if you're only written about because of famous ties (or involved in something the celebrity is involved) that's different. I think Victoria's and Madeleine's in-laws have been in the press, mostly because the SRF invited them to an event. Outside of that, you don't hear much about the Westlings or the O'Neills. If there's non-stop coverage of the Hellqvists that can turn people off quite quickly.
If a sibling gets married I think it's perfectly okay to mention it in the tabloids. Don't assume the worst. They haven't been married for two months yet.
Old 07-30-2015, 05:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Just off the top of my head I remember crown princess Mette Marit's brothers wedding being covered by the media, Prince Daniel's sister's wedding was covered and also Queen Maxima's brother when he got married received some media coverage. I don't think it is unusual.
Old 07-30-2015, 05:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
Just off the top of my head I remember crown princess Mette Marit's brothers wedding being covered by the media, Prince Daniel's sister's wedding was covered and also Queen Maxima's brother when he got married received some media coverage. I don't think it is unusual.
Normally the press finds out when a family member of a royal gets married. When Daniel's sister got married, Expressen, Aftonbladet and the local press published photos of them the next day, but they hadn't told to the press before the wedding that they are getting married. The press wrote that despite much secrecy surrounding the wedding had a small crowd of journalists and photographers gathered before the wedding. And Daniel said to the press that the families hoped to keep the wedding private, and that is why he and Victoria came out to be photographed. Because Victoria was pregnant then, the press was following their every footstep.

Lina Hellqvist said also to Svensk Damtidning, that they want to keep their wedding private.
Old 07-30-2015, 08:25 AM
Nobility

I think it is normal for the press to look for 'Hellqvist' stories at this point. Hopefully the stories won't get much traction in the long run.
Old 07-30-2015, 10:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobia View Post
The sisters probably planned this for a long time, and I don't think that Lina needed inspiration from Sofia to marry her fiancé. Not strange either that the tabloids know that Sofias sister is getting married. It's probably not a secret wedding...
I was just joking... I don't think Lina decided to get married in a spur of a moment after she witnessed her sister getting married... It was just a fun thought for me...

Accordin to Svensk Damtining Lina confirmed the news herself: I guess they found out and call her somehow...
Old 07-30-2015, 12:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Before the marriage in Sweden you have to apply for a Consideration of impediments to marriage. And that is obviously public information, because Svensk Damtidning had found out that Lina and Jonas had applied for a Consideration of impediments to marriage and it was passed on 26th June. That means that they have to get married in 4 months after the consideration has passed. So Svensk Damtidning has concluded that Lina and Jonas will get married in whatever coming weekend, possibly in August. Lina didn't tell to Svensk Damtidning that they are getting married in August.

Svensk Damtidning tells that Lina and Jonas have been a couple for a long time and lived together since 2012. Jonas works as a traffic planner in the municipality of Danderyd. Jonas is 35 years old, Lina 33.
Old 07-30-2015, 09:50 PM
Nobility

If the Hellqvists are getting attention for a wedding, they better be prepared for the downside of tabloid focus. (This applies to any "commoner" family whose kin becomes a HRH or a HM by marriage.) Because of the royal tie their past and current missteps, screw ups and/or brushes with the law are fair game for reporting. They may not have asked to become public figures, but as far as the press is concerned they became public figures when their relative said "I do".
Old 07-31-2015, 07:07 AM
Serene Highness

You really do your best to look for anything negative, don't you?
Lighten up, it's not like Sofia is your relative and you won't be hurt by anything she does and will do. The discussion about her past and role in the family is to cover that area.
And if you don't like the attention that Lina's wedding will generate simply because you don't like her sister, then don't look it up. I guess Lina and Sara are perfectly able to handle any publicity, it's not like Sofia's relationship with Carl Philip has been of a short duration so they have probably gotten used to it to some degree and they haven't been in the press that much.
Old 07-31-2015, 08:11 PM
Nobility

The Swedish press is planning to turn the Hellqvists into Sweden's answer to the Middletons. The Cinderella/Pretty Woman story that is Sofia is great copy for them, and the family by extension is more story about Sofia. I found out the wedding on this forum, not looking it up. The point is they are targets for good and bad attention now because it's money in the bank for the press.
Old 07-31-2015, 09:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
The Swedish press is planning to turn the Hellqvists into Sweden's answer to the Middletons. The Cinderella/Pretty Woman story that is Sofia is great copy for them, and the family by extension is more story about Sofia. I found out the wedding on this forum, not looking it up. The point is they are targets for good and bad attention now because it's money in the bank for the press.
I hope they don't. Let' them live their lives.

It's also worth noting that they will most likely receive a great deal of attention without seeking it. Look at the family of Letizia and Kate. These people go about their daily business and end up in the papers. There are a lot of people who believe that they seek attention. And to some extent it's true in terms of taking advantage of opportunities that wouldn't otherwise be possible because of who they are related to.

But it is not newsworthy for us to see pictures of them shopping or getting coffee. Or in the case of Father Middleton (mowing the grass). That' is not newsworthy not is it attention seeking in my book. And they shouldn't be expected to hide from the public because their families married someone who is newsworthy.

I personally don't find it odd that Sofia's sister is getting married. People tend to get married when other's in their circle (or family) marry. Nor is it odd that her engagement would be announced in the press. That happens to tons of couples who publish their engagements in newspapers. What is odd is that there are now people talking about it who aren't part of the circle of family and friends.