The Family of Princess Sofia - The Hellqvists

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lenora

Heir Presumptive
City
Riga
Country
Latvia
As there are threads about other princesses ( in this case future) families and backgrounds, I consider that it will be interesting to open such a topic about Sofia's family.

By the way, if I'm not mistaken, her mother is a member of Swedish Liberal political party.

So, one sister is on the Project Playground payroll, and one sister is a graduate school student. Anyone know what Mr and Mrs Hellqvist's occupations or background are?

So, one sister is on the Project Playground payroll, and one sister is a graduate school student. Anyone know what Mr and Mrs Hellqvist's occupations or background are?

Sara is a PhD-student, working on her thesis in criminology, according to Linkedin. Sounds interesting! But she hasn't been seen with Sofia in public as far as I can remember. Sofia and Lina have Project Playground-engagements together, so I've seen her with Sofia on several occasions. I've tried to google her parents, but didn't find much. Her mother is a local politician for the Swedish liberal party.

Last edited:
According to Svensk Damtidning, Sofia's mother works with marketing at Rullpack. Her father Erik is 65 years old, so he can be retired already.

Sara is a PhD-student, working on her thesis in criminology, according to Linkedin. Sounds interesting! But she hasn't been seen with Sofia in public as far as I can remember. Sofia and Lina have Project Playground-engagements together, so I've seen her with Sofia on several occasions. I've tried to google her parents, but didn't find much. Her mother is a local politician for the Swedish liberal party.

The Hellqvist sisters have been at one of CPs races together a while ago. Also their parents were there. There are a few really nice photos on this site, where you can see all three of them together.

Sofia Hellqvist takes the dog to see Prince Carl Philip race | Royalista

Last edited:
Sofia's sisters are married or have a boyfriend?

No, they are not married. But according to Svensk Damtidning they are both living in cohabitation with a man.

Thank you. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! She doesn't look anything like her sisters...I would've never known if you hadn't said it.

i wonder if her father erik will walk sofia down the aisle? it's strange that we didn't see her family at the press invitation when they became engaged... usually the bride's family (or groom in the case of daniel or chris) attends the engagement press conference.

i wonder if her father erik will walk sofia down the aisle? it's strange that we didn't see her family at the press invitation when they became engaged... usually the bride's family (or groom in the case of daniel or chris) attends the engagement press conference.

Well, the Westlings didn't attend at Victoria's and Daniel's press conference. The king and queen didn't attend either, they were just at the video put to Youtube.

I'm sure her father will walk her down the aisle. The only way I imagine he wouldn't is if she doesn't have a relationship with him at all. In that case she'll probably walk down the aisle with Carl Philip like Princess Mette Marit did with Haakon.

As for the press conference of the engagement, parents usually aren't there. Kate Middleton's parents weren't at hers, neither was Sophie the countess if wessex's, Queen letizia's, Princess Mary's, princess Victoria's, Princess Madeleines and so on. I believe the press conference is just for the couple not their families.

that is/was being discussed in the weddings musing thread, where it's much better suited.

The Family of Sofia Hellqvist

I'm sure her father will walk her down the aisle. The only way I imagine he wouldn't is if she doesn't have a relationship with him at all. In that case she'll probably walk down the aisle with Carl Philip like Princess Mette Marit did with Haakon.

In Sweden it's customary for the bridal couple to walk down the aisle together. In the cases where the bride wants to be led by her father the priest always let her know that it's against the official stance of the Church of Sweden and tries to persuade her to change her mind.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

The Family of Sofia Hellqvist

In Sweden it's customary for the bridal couple to walk down the aisle together. In the cases where the bride wants to be led by her father the priest always let her know that it's against the official stance of the Church of Sweden and tries to persuade her to change her mind.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

If it were really against the Sweden's church rules then I would assume that princess Victoria and Madeleine wouldn't have had their father walk them down the aisle. But that is not the case. It looks like it's up to the bride to me.

As for the press conference of the engagement, parents usually aren't there. Kate Middleton's parents weren't at hers, neither was Sophie the countess if wessex's, Queen letizia's, Princess Mary's, princess Victoria's, Princess Madeleines and so on. I believe the press conference is just for the couple not their families.

It is not the same for the engagement Press Conferences. In the UK, Sweden, Norway only the bridal Couples ae there. In Denmark, the Netherlands Spian and Belgium also the parents and sometimes even the entire Family (Belgium and Spain) are present.

It is not the same for the engagement Press Conferences. In the UK, Sweden, Norway only the bridal Couples ae there. In Denmark, the Netherlands Spian and Belgium also the parents and sometimes even the entire Family (Belgium and Spain) are present.

I understand about the royal's family being there but as for the person marrying in to the RF I haven't seen their families present. The countries you spoke if like queen letizia's her parents weren't there, neither queen maxima's not princess Mary's.

I understand about the royal's family being there but as for the person marrying in to the RF I haven't seen their families present. The countries you spoke if like queen letizia's her parents weren't there, neither queen maxima's not princess Mary's.

The father and stepmther of Mary where certainly there. They even appeared on the balcony together with the bridal Couple and Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: Maybe her sister's wedding served her as an inspiration! Funny how the swedish mags seem to knoe everything about the Hellqivists:whistling:

:previous: Maybe her sister's wedding served her as an inspiration! Funny how the swedish mags seem to knoe everything about the Hellqivists:whistling:

The sisters probably planned this for a long time, and I don't think that Lina needed inspiration from Sofia to marry her fiancé. Not strange either that the tabloids know that Sofias sister is getting married. It's probably not a secret wedding...

I hope this family is not the new Middletons - in the papers because one of their own married into a royal house. It's one thing to get press for your own interests, but if you're only written about because of famous ties (or involved in something the celebrity is involved) that's different. I think Victoria's and Madeleine's in-laws have been in the press, mostly because the SRF invited them to an event. Outside of that, you don't hear much about the Westlings or the O'Neills. If there's non-stop coverage of the Hellqvists that can turn people off quite quickly.

I hope this family is not the new Middletons - in the papers because one of their own married into a royal house. It's one thing to get press for your own interests, but if you're only written about because of famous ties (or involved in something the celebrity is involved) that's different. I think Victoria's and Madeleine's in-laws have been in the press, mostly because the SRF invited them to an event. Outside of that, you don't hear much about the Westlings or the O'Neills. If there's non-stop coverage of the Hellqvists that can turn people off quite quickly.

If a sibling gets married I think it's perfectly okay to mention it in the tabloids. Don't assume the worst. They haven't been married for two months yet.

Just off the top of my head I remember crown princess Mette Marit's brothers wedding being covered by the media, Prince Daniel's sister's wedding was covered and also Queen Maxima's brother when he got married received some media coverage. I don't think it is unusual.

Back
Top Bottom