Princess Sofia and Project Playground (Activities from July 2014)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous:I am not a fan of her's either but I do think she is beginning to learn something about becoming a member of a royal family, it's called, *keeping the mouth shut and not talking to the press*. If she continues this way, then maybe there is hope for her yet................:ermm:

She should take a look at CPV who only talks about non-important things to keep the media happy. I also hope that her heart is in the right place and not thinking about the endless bank account. And nobody knows her heart except herself and hopefully CP.

And what is with talking about Project Playground? Should she talk about it or keep her mouth)

And what is with talking about Project Playground? Should she talk about it or keep her mouth)

I do not see anything wrong with that and Project Playground stands apart from the Royal Family. Besides, we have not read what has been said at this seminar (at least not here) so I do not see why she behaved "properly" this time.

OK Operakällaren Trophy is a day for charity. Operakällaren has during the years collected over 17 million SEK to water projects in Africa, it works together with Unicef.
Operakällaren Trophy begins in the morning with breakfast seminar with many speakers. During the day is Operakällaren Trophy Charity Golf competition and in the evening a banquet with auction. This year the money (4,2 million SEK) goes to UNICEF's water project in Somalia.
Operakällaren samlar in 4,2 miljoner till UNICEF - Nobis Hotels, Restaurants & Conference

Ulla Sjöström, the initiator of the charity gala for Project Playground in Örnsköldsvik this evening, tells that artists who will perform at the gala include Molly Sandén and Eric Saade. Even some secret guests will pop up, and reportedly to P4 Västernorrland one of those is Prince Carl Philip. But there is nothing the gala Ulla Sjöström wants to comment.
- I can not comment on that. Those who are here will see who the secret guests are, she says.
The organizers have sold about 300 tickets to the gala, and a ticket costs 1500 swedish crowns (over 160 euros). Sjöström does not think the price is too high.
- It's supposed to know that you give a refund if you go here. This is not just a fun evening, but we refrain from doing anything for the benefit of these children in South Africa. It is clear that some may think it is a lot of money, but it depends on how you think. At least 1000 crowns of what you pay will go to the operations in South Africa. SEK 1,000 is enough to saturate all the children who are enrolled in Project Playground in a day, it's about 450-500 children, she says.
Välgörenhetsgala i Örnsköldsvik kan få kungligt besök - P4 Västernorrland Sveriges Radio

The things which will be auctioned this evening at the gala for Project Playground in Örnsköldsvik

Trip to South Africa: Flights in Business Class for 2 with Turkish Airlines to Cape Town, 7 nights at any Protea Hotels, visit to Project Playground
Experience package with Football, Musical and Hotel for 2 people, 3 nights in London, GO Sport Travel & GO Music Travel, the value 10 000 - SEK
Silver Jewellery with a personal greeting by designer Lars Wallin
Women skis signed by Charlotte Kalla
Weekend at Häringe Castle, afternoon tea and dinner, 2 people
Luxury weekend at Elite Plaza Hotel Örnsköldsvik, 2 people 2 nights in a suite with Love-Package
Stockholm Weekend with High Coast flights and Nobis Hotel for two, Dinner & Wine Package
VIP lodge with dinner for 6 people 11/10, Modo Hockey Luleä Fjällräven Arena, Övik
IMC Makeupstore 10 weeks Makeup artist training (in Stockholm, Gothenburg, and Malmö) Value: 40 000: - SEK
Artist Kit Makeup Store, the value 10 000: - SEK
Experience Höga Kusten summer of 2015, with half-day at a fast RIB boat, maximum 12 people, value 10 000: - SEK (food & beverage ordered separately)
Exciting Auto Racing STCC with entrance tickets for 2 persons - see Prince Carl Philip racing!
Net sculpture, artist Johanna Forsberg
Crafts in forging and glass, Mattias Baudin
Gift cards optional items from Tiger & Häggströms fashion house, Lögdeå, Value 10 000 - SEK
Gift cards optional items from Gant & Häggströms fashion house, Lögdeå, Value 10 000 - SEK
Gift cards optional items - Boomerang & Häggströms fashion house, Lögdeå, Value 10 000 - SEK
Gift cards electives articles from Twist & Tango & Häggströms fashion house, Lögdeå, Value 5000: - SEK
Ski Suit Women / Men - Peak Performance & Häggströms fashion house, Lögdeå, Value 9000: - SEK
Annual pass on BaaZinga Lekland in Örnsköldvik
Children's Party for 10 children with Gold Menu BaaZinga Playland in Örnsköldvik
Signed shirts: Vancouver / IceBrakers / Francesco Totti - AS Roma / Andrea Pirlo - AC Milan 2010-2011 / Mario Balotelli - AC Milan, / Kaká - AC Milan / Gary Neville - Manchester United / Francesc Fabregas - Arsenal / St-Louis-package that includes Alexander Steen, all players, Project Playground sweater
https://www.facebook.com/storgalaiornskoldsvik/posts/276481899220106

According to social media Carl Philip is at the gala with Sofia, no photos yet.

Last edited:
Last edited:
When Sofia and Carl Philip marry and she will be styled as HRH Princess Sofia of Sweden has she to stop her work for Project Playground or can she continue?

When Sofia and Carl Philip marry and she will be styled as HRH Princess Sofia of Sweden has she to stop her work for Project Playground or can she continue?

I'm guessing she'll carry on her work with Project Playground.

We'll see. I tend to doubt it.

We'll see. I tend to doubt it.

Well, as Princess she will be engaged in many Social Projects.... so why not keeping Project Playground? The only difference will be, that she has one Project at the Moment and that she will have several in the future. So less time for only one activity.
Bye Bine

Photo from PP's Instagram, they thank all the stars who were with at the charity gala
Instagram

Sofia is not going to become a full-time princess
Project Playground held yesterday a press meeting at Hotel Skeppsholmen, they briefed about their collaboration with street artist Shai Dahan.
Next summer, Sofia Hellqvist can be a princess when she marries Prince Carl Philip. But unlike Prince Daniel, she will most likely not give up her career.
Along with Frida Vesterberg Sofia started the charity project which aims to give children in the townships of South Africa meaningful leisure, for a safer and more secure future. Sofia spends a lot of time in South Africa and longs for "her children" when she is at home in Sweden.
- Yes, of course. Entire Project Playground is a part of the family and I spend many months a year down there, says Sofia Hellqvist.
Shai Dahan's Recollection- exhibition is in Hotel Skeppsholmen - and whose proceeds will go back to the project.
- The sky is the limit! said Sofia also told that after the end of the year they expect to open a third center in South Africa.
After the wedding Sofia Hellqvist will continue her work.
- Of course, I will continue to work, I have spent many years and a lot of work into this, she says.
Sofia tänker inte bli heltidsprinsessa Nyheter Expressen
Translation

She is quite nicely exaggerating the time she spends in Langa in a year.

Sofia is not seen in public a lot. It's very possible that she's in Africa a great deal of the time.

Sofia is not seen in public a lot. It's very possible that she's in Africa a great deal of the time.

Well, she could prove that by taking photographs of her work there to their social media or website. But there are photos of her this year in Langa only in March when she went there with people from Young Cancer -organization. And South Africa is so far away that she hardly goes there for a day or two and comes back to Sweden. Although she isn't seen in public, people are writing seeing her and Carl Philip in Sweden at the social media. And Svensk Damtidning tells about their goings in their paper issue with old photos.

This year I have seen photos/articles of Sofia at least these events:
Beginning of January At the skiing holiday in Italy with the royal family
January 24 She collected a painting to their auction
January 29 With Carl Philip at the theater in Stockholm
February 12 With Project Playground in Gothenburg
February 13 Project Playground launches a co-operation with Young Cancer
February 17 With Carl Philip, meeting the mayor of Cape Town at the Embassy in Stockholm
February 28 Skiing StafettVasan with Carl Philip, they had trained together during the winter
March 2 Princess Leonore's Te Deum
March 7 Project Playground's Charity Gala in Gothenburg
March 11-20 With Young cancer -people in Langa, South Africa (some photos with them, if she stayed there longer, there are no photos)
In the spring With Carl Philip, leasing a car to Sofia from Helins Bilcentrum in Bålsta
May 7 Speaking at the Scandinavian E-business Camp in Gothenburg
May 30-June 1 At a wedding with Carl Philip
June 5 Visiting Leonore with Carl Philip
June 8 Princess Leonore's christening
June 9 At "Female Economist of the Year" -event, Stockholm
June 27 Publishing the engagement
July 1-2 At Almedalen with Project Playground
July 4 Sofia and Carl Philip gave an interview to DalaDemokraten in Falun
July 5 At Peace in Love Festival
July 14 Crown princess Victoria's birthday
July 17 With Carl Philip in Gothia Cup cheering PP's football team's last game
July 18 At the Liseberg Amusement Park with PP's football team
July 20 At the tennis final in Båstad
End of July With Carl Philip on a holiday in St Maxime and Ibiza
August 9 Carl Philip and Sofia in Södertälje
September 2 At the Operakällaren Trophy seminar with Project Playground
September 6 With Carl Philip at the STCC race in Solvalla
September 13 Charity Gala for Project Playground in Örnsköldsvik
September 20 With Carl Philip at the STCC race in Mantorp Park
September 23 Project Playground's information meeting in Stockholm
September 25 Project Playground's press meeting in Stockholm

Last edited:
How active and serious was Sofia's involvement in 'Project Playground' before the Sofia-PR-machine kicked in?

Last edited:
Sofia is not going to become a full-time princess

Next summer, Sofia Hellqvist can be a princess when she marries Prince Carl Philip. But unlike Prince Daniel, she will most likely not give up her career.

- Yes, of course. Entire Project Playground is a part of the family and I spend many months a year down there, says Sofia Hellqvist.

- Of course, I will continue to work, I have spent many years and a lot of work into this, she says.
Sofia tänker inte bli heltidsprinsessa Nyheter Expressen
Translation

She is quite nicely exaggerating the time she spends in Langa in a year.
A couple of points.

1. I highly doubt that Sophia will become a 'full time royal' under any circumstances. There is not an actual Princess shortage in the family.

2. I think the entire Project Playground was cooked up as a repackaging of Ms Helqvist with the neccessary PR to make her more palatable as CP's bride.

3. I think when you look at the entirety of her working career (such as it was) the time spent with Project Playground is a tiny minority of how she has spent her time/earned her living. She spent FAR more years 'modeling' for mens magazines, etc so I cant justify calling Project Playground 'her career'.

It's always good to see Sofia working hard for Project Playground. She, her sister and partners have dedicated a great deal of their time, energy and heart to this great cause and I think that should be applauded.

It's easy to just write off Sofia's dedication to Project Playground but I think she's involved with the charity because she love those children, their families and truly want to help them. Let go of the past and look to the future with hope.

A couple of points.

1. I highly doubt that Sophia will become a 'full time royal' under any circumstances. There is not an actual Princess shortage in the family.

2. I think the entire Project Playground was cooked up as a repackaging of Ms Helqvist with the neccessary PR to make her more palatable as CP's bride.

3. I think when you look at the entirety of her working career (such as it was) the time spent with Project Playground is a tiny minority of how she has spent her time/earned her living. She spent FAR more years 'modeling' for mens magazines, etc so I cant justify calling Project Playground 'her career'.

I totally agree. Frida Vesterberg had lived many years in South Africa and founded an organization. Somehow, Sofia got into it. And gets now all the credit. They may do a good work, but it is just because of Frida Vesterberg. And the money they get because Sofia is connected with Carl Philip. If Sofia wasn't with Carl Philip, they would have quite difficult to work with because it isn't so easy to collect the money.

It's easy to just write off Sofia's dedication to Project Playground but I think she's involved with the charity because she love those children, their families and truly want to help them. Let go of the past and look to the future with hope.

If she loves those children so much, it would be natural that she would spend more time with them in Langa. It is so easy for her to promote herself in Sweden by sitting comfortably at her office and posing at charity events, while she knows that money is coming because she is with Carl Philip. She claimed to Svensk Damtidning that she spends two-three months a year there...

Last edited:
Oh, now Sofia is an evil woman who attracts money to a charity that helps African children. :eek: She should be punished for that, the evil witch.

But I bet she's doing far more to those children than the people who spend their time on Internet criticizing her for no rational reason. :whistling:

I totally agree. Frida Vesterberg had lived many years in South Africa and founded an organization. Somehow, Sofia got into it. And gets now all the credit. They may do a good work, but it is just because of Frida Vesterberg. And the money they get because Sofia is connected with Carl Philip. If Sofia wasn't with Carl Philip, they would have quite difficult to work with because it isn't so easy to collect the money.

If she loves those children so much, it would be natural that she would spend more time with them in Langa. It is so easy for her to promote herself in Sweden by sitting comfortably at her office and posing at charity events, while she knows that money is coming because she is with Carl Philip. She claimed to Svensk Damtidning that she spends two-three months a year there...

From what I understand, Sofia do spend a great deal of time with the children. She, her sister and the rest of the team that make up Project Playground, spend a great deal of time with the children but also they spend a great deal of time promoting and raising funds for the charity. Having Prince Carl Philip getting involved and help raise money don't hurt things and as long as it's helping the children, why should it matter?

I think she is always gonna be damned no matter what she does. Some will never find anything she does good enough. Her past is hers and if the royal family can accept it and her into the family good for them. No one knows how much work she does for her charity but will deny she works for it as she says she does.

Project Playground is selling signed football and hockey jerseys in Tradera.
"Buy a different and meaningful Christmas gift for yourself or someone you love while contributing to Project Playground’s work to improve their lives and future of children and youth. On Project Playground’s page on Tradera, you will find 13 unique signed soccer and hockey jerseys from AC Milan, NHL and the Swedish national soccer team, plus many more. Maybe you will find your favorite player?"
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd...._=1426805358_6d95fc0eca2ee905d6063c0876c1dfcb
The jerseys
Annonser från ProjectPlayground på Tradera.com - Köp och sälj på auktion & till fast pris

According to Svensk Damtidning, Sofia had been in Langa on Project Playground's 4th anniversary a few weeks ago.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom