Twins - Boy, Boy 0 0%
Twins - Girl, Girl 0 0%
Twins - Boy, Girl 0 0%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-03-2016, 05:19 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Both Marianne, Gunnila and while still alive their two husbands are/was mentioned in the Court calendar as members of the Royal family something that, to my knowledge, Prince Carl and his Kristin wasn't. Though I'm just writing from memory here so I could be wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Carl and Kristine had the status of members of the Swedish (and Norwegian) royal family but not of the swedish Royal house. All Princes and Princess'es who lost their titles upon their marriage (and their spouses) is/were members of the swedish Royal family but no longer of the swedish Royal house until their deaths.

Carls daughter from his 1:st marriage with Elsa Von Rosen, Madeleine Kogevinas is close to the Royal couple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
I love Carl Johan's first wife Kerstin's comment when Sigvard decided to reclaim his royal title "There's no use in crying over spilled milk... especially not if you spilled it yourself"

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Haha me too :) She was spot on !

Old 03-03-2016, 09:16 PM
Majesty

Now that Oscar has 3 names, I have a feeling this baby will only have 3. It seems to me only the next heir is getting 4 (only 1 of 4 grandkids who does).

I honestly don't see them going 'top 20'. Unless the name also is either royal or family. Maybe a bit obscure like Estelle or a Hellqvuist name.

I don't rule out Carl, Gustaf or Silvia being used even if the girls used them. Common middle names is not rare in cousins.

Male:
Carl Erik Bertil- two grandpas and Uncle Bertil

female:
Kristina Silvia Marie- Sofia's middle, two grandmas

If they avoid the names used by the girls:

Boy:
Bertil Folke Eric- Folke in honor of CG (one of his middle names)

Girl:
Kristina Renate Britt- for the middle names of Sofia and two grandmas (since Marie/Mary have been used by Maddie and Vic)

Godparents:
Victoria
Lena or Sarah Hellqvist
male friend of CP
female friend of Sofia
male foreign royal

Old 03-03-2016, 10:55 PM
Commoner

Since V&D used Carl and Oscar (great choices, by the way) and the siblings don't seem to be choosing same names for their children I'm updating my guess/wish from Carl Theodor Oscar Bertil To Edmund Erik Theodor Bertil. Or Edmund Erik Hubertus, that would flow nicely!

I still think it's a girl and stick Linnéa Marie Renate Ingrid. Astrid and Alice would be wonderful, too, I suggested those names for Victoria's girl.
Old 03-04-2016, 05:59 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
And the brother, the Crown Prince until Sweden changed the law retro-actively, and a firstborn son would represent the direct and unbroken line of the Bernadotte kings, still the most senior dynatic male agnates.
The operative word is "king", a title Carl Philip will never have. The government broke that direct line effective Jan. 1, 1980. On March 2, 2016 CP officially became 4th in line to the Silver Throne. He, along with Sofia, are outranked by a 4 year old and an infant. He has to walk behind them and defer to them now. At this point in time it doesn't matter if Carl Philip is a senior dynastic male agnate. He goes back to the number 3 slot when Victoria takes the throne, but in the end he cannot be above the queen, her heir(ess) or her spare.
Old 03-04-2016, 06:06 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
The operative word is "king", a title Carl Philip will never have. The government broke that direct line effective Jan. 1, 1980. On March 2, 2016 CP officially became 4th in line to the Silver Throne. He, along with Sofia, are outranked by a 4 year old and an infant. He has to walk behind them and defer to them now. At this point in time it doesn't matter if Carl Philip is a senior dynastic male agnate. He goes back to the number 3 slot when Victoria takes the throne, but in the end he cannot be above the queen, her heir(ess) or her spare.
You make it sound like Carl Philip would be humiliated by this. My feeling is that he's very comfortable with his position as it is right now. I don't think he would want to be the heir to the throne, with all that it means. He seems very happy with his life at the moment. And I'm sure that he, along with his wife and children, will do what they can to support the future queen and her family, as well as enjoying a bit of privacy in between.
Old 03-04-2016, 06:19 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobia View Post
You make it sound like Carl Philip would be humiliated by this. My feeling is that he's very comfortable with his position as it is right now. I don't think he would want to be the heir to the throne, with all that it means. He seems very happy with his life at the moment. And I'm sure that he, along with his wife and children, will do what they can to support the future queen and her family, as well as enjoying a bit of privacy in between.
As you, I see 3 royal children very happy, each in their position. And seen in their relationship, there is no rivalry. This is far from the case in other monarchies.
Old 03-04-2016, 08:20 AM
Aristocracy

I think the baby will be a girl. She will be duchess of Dalarna, Halland or Västmannland

If they want one royal foreign godparent, I think they'll go for one of the Scandinavian royals.
If they want two European royals as godparents, Queen Máxima seems to be a good option in my eyes. She and Carl-Phillip seem to be close.
Old 03-04-2016, 10:25 AM
Aristocracy

I believe she will have a son and I'm almost certain Bertil will be part of his names.
Old 03-04-2016, 02:57 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
But they created Estelle "Duchess of Östergötland" while Kristine Bernadotte, widow of the last Duke of Östergötland (Prince Carl Bernadotte) was alive so that apparently doesn't matter
When Estelle was created duchess of Östergötland, Carl Bernadotte had been dead for nine years, while it's four years since Carl Johan Bernadotte died.

There might also have been a thought of making a connection between a duke/duchess of Västergötland with a duke/duchess of Östergötland, as Carl Bernadotte's father had been duke of Västergötland, as Östergötland and Västergötland are two of the parts of Götaland (Skåne is also one of the parts of Götaland).

If looking at a similar connection between a duke of Värmland and his child, perhaps the child will be duke/duchess of Södermanland (if a boy) or duke/duchess of Västmanland (if a girl), as it was the future king Gustav V who was duke of Värmland before Carl Philip. Why Södermanland for a boy, it's because of Stenhammar castle, as it was bequeathed to the Swedish government with a wish that it was to be leased to a male member of the SRF, preferably a duke of Södermanland.

Värmland, Södermanland and Västmanland are three of the counties of Svealand, while Madeleine's and Nicolas' duchies are parts of the third of the traditional lands (landsdelar) of Sweden, Norrland. Gotland is counted as a part of Götaland, but as it's in the middle of the Baltic Sea, it can be seen as an independent part of Sweden (at least that's what the citizens of Gotland want to do).
Old 03-04-2016, 03:05 PM
Aristocracy

Sex, name, godparents and Duchy for Carl-Philip and Sofia's 1st child

Boy

Name:

Bertil Carl Erik

Godparents:

Prince Daniel
One of the Helqvist sisters
A friend of Carl Philip
A friend of Sofia
A Bernadotte/Sommerlath cousin

I don't see any royals as godparents, except for family
Old 03-05-2016, 03:45 PM
Serene Highness

If a boy i can see him being created Duke of Södermanland. Why ? To make sure he will get the rights to use Stenhammar Castle at wich Carl Philip will be the tenant after the King. In the will of the first owner Mr Robert Von Kraemer who testamented Stenhammar to the swedish state, it is stipulated that a swdish royal prince by blood, preferably the Duke of Södermanland if there is one should be the tenant.

If a girl, there are a lot of options. As i've earlier suggested Duchess of
Dalarna i'm going to stick to that.

Godparents ? I can see Daniel being selected this time instead of Victoria as she have a lot of royal godchildren and Daniel has none. And it is no secret that Carl Philip and Daniel likes each other very much. I'd say

H.R.H Prince Daniel

H.R.H Princess Madeleine

Mr Jan-Åke Hansson

Lina or Sara Hellqvist

A good friend to Sofia
Old 04-19-2016, 03:49 PM
Courtier

My final guess on the name and Duchy:

HRH Prince Carl Erik Bertil of Sweden, Duke of Halland.

Princess Isabel (1846-1921), Princess Imperial and Regent of the Empire of Brazil, after she signed the Golden Law, in 1888, abolishing slavery in Brazil.
Old 04-19-2016, 03:53 PM
Courtier

I think that Erik and Bertil are safe bets. But perhaps he will be called a third name that will surprise us all.
Old 04-19-2016, 03:58 PM
Super Moderator

I think he will become Duke of Södermanland
Old 04-19-2016, 04:06 PM
Majesty

I stand by my last choice:

Prince Carl Erik Bertil

Like Nicolas, Oscar and Estelle I think they will honor the grandparents. Leonor doesn't have Silvia (perhaps Maddie didn't want to use it as Victoria had). Carl and Gustaf have been used by his sisters, but since Carl is part of his own name, I think CP will use it.

Duchy I don't see them using Halland so soon or I hope. My guess:

Be nice if they used one that has yet to have had a duke (like with Nico)

Prince Carl Erik Bertil. Duke of Norbotten

but I see them using an older title like

Duke of Narke
Old 04-19-2016, 04:08 PM
Super Moderator

This poll has been closed.

Congratulations to the 46 voters who guessed right!

Old 04-19-2016, 04:59 PM
Courtier

I still hope he Will be duke of Lappland
Name: Carl Johan Bertil
Old 04-19-2016, 10:55 PM
Aristocracy

Bertil Erik Carl
Old 04-19-2016, 11:37 PM
Commoner

i also think the baby's name will be Carl, to keep with tradition of a male heir in the family.

middle name Bertil is a possibility.
Old 04-20-2016, 08:36 AM
Aristocracy

Prince Carl Bertil Erik