The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Guess the sex of Carl Philip and Sofia's first child
Boy 46 67.65%
Girl 22 32.35%
Twins - Boy, Boy 0 0%
Twins - Girl, Girl 0 0%
Twins - Boy, Girl 0 0%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-07-2015, 12:08 AM
Gentry

Girl: Sibylla Lillian ingebourg Victoria
Duchy: Halland&Narke
Godparent: Victoria or Madeline , One of Sofia's sister, A close friend to the couple, one foreign royal, A close friend to Sofia, A close friend to Carl

Boy: Lenard Adolph Philip Oscar
Duchy: Smaland or Upland
Godparent: Same as if it is a girl

Old 12-07-2015, 04:01 AM
Heir Apparent

If the baby is a girl and the girl has Marie as a middlename, all the three siblings have named their firstborn children after Maria. Estelle has as last middlename Mary, Leonore has as last middlename Maria. Only Marie is now missing.

I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 12-07-2015, 09:34 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
If the baby is a girl and the girl has Marie as a middlename, all the three siblings have named their firstborn children after Maria. Estelle has as last middlename Mary, Leonore has as last middlename Maria. Only Marie is now missing.
If you with Maria mean that Victoria's and Madeleine's daughters have had their names chosen after the virgin Mary, it might be true with Leonore (as Chris, and probably also his mother, are Catholics), but Estelle's name is after her godmother crown princess Mary.
Old 12-07-2015, 09:48 AM
Nobility

I wouldn't rule out Madeleine as godmother. The stories about Sofia and Madeleine are probably just that. Stories made up to sell papers.
I am still liking Lilian for a girl and not sure about a boy's name. CP appears to be very close to his godfather Prince Leopold so that may be reflected in the names( there will be at least three I suspect.)
Old 12-07-2015, 10:47 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meraude View Post
If you with Maria mean that Victoria's and Madeleine's daughters have had their names chosen after the virgin Mary, it might be true with Leonore (as Chris, and probably also his mother, are Catholics), but Estelle's name is after her godmother crown princess Mary.

Leonore is in all probability named after her paternal grandmother Eva Maria O'Neill.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 12-07-2015, 12:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Leonore is in all probability named after her paternal grandmother Eva Maria O'Neill.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Eva O'Neill's mother was Maria Walter (nee Michl). Eva's older daughter is Tatjana Maria Margareta Nina d'Abo. Tatjana's daughters are Anoushka Maria Violet and Celina Maria Isabel. Eva's other daughter is Natascha Abensperg und Traun, I haven't found her whole name, but one of her daughters is Milana Maria Tatjana.
Old 12-07-2015, 01:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Considering all the 'Madeleine hates Sofia' stories that have been sold, I have trouble seeing Maddie chosen. I think CP and Sofia will want the future queen as godmother, no matter the sex of the baby.
While I agree that Victoria will be the baby's godmother (because she's CP's oldest sibling), I don't understand your argumentation for ruling Madeleine out as a godmother. You said it yourself – "stories", these are tabloid stories, why should we believe them? Leonore was clearly comfortable around Sofia at the King's birthday and if there were hard feelings between Madeleine and Sofia, I highly doubt they would exchange as many smiles as they did that day.

Old 12-07-2015, 05:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Because there is some basis for the tension between them. You can see it in how they interact. Sofia and CP if they choose either of CP's sisters it will be Victoria, the eldest and future queen.
Old 12-07-2015, 05:17 PM
Heir Apparent

I think that this baby will be a boy. I When it comes to the names of the swedish royal children I am at loss. I would think something along these lines: Oskar Carl Erik. Godparents: Victoria, Lina Hellqvist, a friend of CP and one of Sofia. No idea about a fifth godparent.
Old 12-08-2015, 10:09 AM
Nobility

I think princess Sofia will give birth to a boy next april.

Name / Duchy
HRH Prince Carl Johan (or Carl Hugo) Bertil Oscar , Duke of Närke

Godparents
Prince Daniel of Sweden
Sara Hellqvist
Prince Joachim of Denmark
One of close friends of Carl Philip or Sofia
Oscar Magnuson
Old 01-13-2016, 11:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

For a Prince: Erik, Johann
For a Princess: Sybilla
Old 01-13-2016, 11:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Because there is some basis for the tension between them. You can see it in how they interact. Sofia and CP if they choose either of CP's sisters it will be Victoria, the eldest and future queen.
When was this tension supposed to show? When a clearly grateful heavily pregnant Madeleine let Sofia hold Leonore twice at CG's birthday last year? I just don't understand where you see this tension?

Old 01-14-2016, 12:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes because an overly pregnant woman with a squiring toddler is going to turn down help?Sure,true sign of sisterly love. You are entitled to your fairy tale fantasies of the perfect Princess Sofia and her instant acceptance and love from the sisters. As much as I am entitled to see plenty of photos where Maddie looks tense and even pissed at the woman.
Old 01-14-2016, 01:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

I have never said you aren't entitled to your opinion, I have asked on what you base your assumptions because I am genuinely curious as to what makes you think there's tension between the two. And frankly, the fact that you feel the need to resort to calling my inquiries "fairy tale fantasies of the perfect Princess Sofia" and not actually back up your claims speaks volumes of your theory

Old 01-14-2016, 02:42 AM
Aristocracy

I'm tipping a boy, born in March.

Prince Carl Bertil Erik Leopold, Duke of Halland
Prince Carl Oscar Bertil Edmund, Duke of Halland

Godparents: Princess Victoria, Sara Hellqvist, Prince Frederik, two cousins/friends and maybe another royal.

If a girl:

Princess Sibylla Victoria Marie Silvia, Duchess of Dalarna
Princess Ingrid Silvia Marie Estelle, Duchess of Dalarna
Old 02-10-2016, 01:51 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
My piano/vocal teacher's middle name is Yvonne (the French female form of Ivan), her sister's first name is Juanita, and their brother's name is John; all are different forms of the same name.

I don't know what to call on Carl Philip and Sofia's baby.
Old 02-10-2016, 07:09 AM
Nobility

I don't see Madeleine as godmother because the reported bad blood between Sofia and Madeleine, especially involving Emma Pernauld. The press blamed Sofia for banning Emma from Nicolas' christening, and that's tough considering Madeleine and Emma are friends.
Old 02-10-2016, 08:39 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
I don't see Madeleine as godmother because the reported bad blood between Sofia and Madeleine, especially involving Emma Pernauld. The press blamed Sofia for banning Emma from Nicolas' christening, and that's tough considering Madeleine and Emma are friends.

Or, Carl Philip will make simply as his sisters made and will choose the elder sister as her first child.

first child Victoria (Estelle- Carl Philip)
second child (certainly Madeleine)

first child Madeleine (Leonore-Victoria)
Nicolas-Carl Philip

first child Carl Philip (Victoria ?)

It is logical and not need to take out 'dramatic' stories
Old 02-10-2016, 10:10 AM
Nobility

I like the names in Sofia's family and hope they choose the names from her family I like - Sofia's name is Sofia Kristina Hellqvist, her father's name is Erik Oscar Hellqvist and her mother's name is Marie Britt Rotman and I think her grandmother is also named Britt.

Girl: I am really hoping that if it is a girl she will be named Kristina and I hope Britt is one of the names as well.

Boy: I like Carl Erik Bertil Philip

Godparent: The odds certainly favor that Victoria will be a godmother and one of Sofia's sister. Other candidates include Barbro Ehnbom (Sofia's mentor), Jan-Åke Hansson (Carl Philip's best man) and also the uniformed man who has been pictured with Carl Philip a few times.
Old 02-10-2016, 10:49 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I wish for a baby boy.
Name:
Gustaf Philip ,Carl Gustaf , Gustaf Leopold, Philip Leopold, Edmund Leopold or maybe Carl Leopold.
For a baby Girl i like Sibylla "Sibylle" or Margaretha