Princess Sofia is Expecting - Due April 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to Carl-Philip and Sofia. Great news. Two royal babies and two baptisms next year. Wonderful.

Wow that was quick but wonderful news nevertheless and no surprise at all. CP and Sofia are clearly so very much in love that I already suspected they would start on a family asap! :) That is certainly a happy year for the SRF.

WOW Congratulations!!!! Bring on the baby boom in the Swedish royal family!!!!!!!!

That's lovely news. I was already guessing they would start quickly. They don't seem like the type of people who see sense in waiting once they were wed.

Congrats to them.:flowers:

Excellent news! Congratulations to them both and I hope it is an easy and safe delivery.

Wonderful wonderful news! Congratulations to Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia! And Their Majesties must be thrilled with two grandchildren in a row!

When I saw her at the christening, I thought she was pregnant!

God bless them.

Such lovely news! I did wonder after pictures at the christening! Goodness soon the royal palace in Sweden will be bustling with all these young children running around!

Congrats to the happy couple, they've been working fast!

I guess that means we won't see much of Victoria and Sofia next year?
I presume they will take some time off on maternity leave.

wow! how soon and unexpected. the swedish royal family's new generation is certainly prolific and fertile, with madeleine announcing her first pregnancy shortly after her wedding, and a second pregnancy not long after giving birth to leonore, victoria announcing her second pregnancy not long ago and now sofia, announcing her first pregnancy shortly after her wedding too! it only adds to the fun that nicolas was born 2 days after CP and sofia's wedding and only christened some days before CP and sofia announced their upcoming paternity. these swedes are certainly not wasting their time... :)

Listen, these Swedish royals are having some good times and I don't blame them. :ROFLMAO:

It's a beautiful thing to see their family grow.

Wow, congats to them, that was fast!

It's going to be another interesting year in Sweden, how exciting!

Terrific news! :D I had a feeling that they wouldn't wait very long but I hadn't expected an announcement this soon after Victoria and Daniel. I doubt it'll be a double christening though. After all, there's a quite significant difference in prominence between the two little ones – what with one being child of the future Queen and the other "merely" being a grandchild of the current King (now if it had been CP's child and Madeleine's child, I could easily have imagined a double christening.

I guess Sofia and Carl Philip felt also the need to give a "spare" to Estelle, as they probably didn't know that Victoria was already expecting.

Or they just wanted to start a family right away? :cool: Besides, Estelle didn't need a spare, she's "only" second in line to the throne and already has CP as "her spare".

Fast, Not as quick as his sister Madeline lol
Such happy news, the family is expanding
Two royal babies, and two baptisms along with the celebrations for the king

Wow, this will be a "baby explosion" in the Swedish RF. Great! Congrats to the Couple!
BYe Bine
This "baby explosion" happened to the other royal families to some extent. If you look at the Spanish or Dutch royals, the young generation is very close in age.:flowers: This is quite reasonable, Victoria, Madeleine and CP married within a short time of diference between themselves, so the possibilities that more than one couple having a child at the same time (or around the same time) is higher.

This baby is a honeymoon baby, just like Madeleine and Chris. How wonderfull.

Last edited:
Great News and congratulations to the happy parents!

Congratulations to the couple. Wising Sofia a safe delivery.

Great news! Congratulations to Carl Philip, Sofia and their families.

Congratulations to the couple!:flowers:
The Swedish royal house may experience decrease in activities next year. Prince Daniel and Prince Carl Philip will have to pick the slack.

Last edited:
What joyful news! Open the maternity dressing thread! I completely get the bow on the head at the christening now!

Kudos to all of us who thought she was pregnant and resisted saying so!
And hurrah for this lovely young couple and all their future offspring.

:previous:lol great comment yes I thought so at their last Swedish visit, all her clothes were baggy or tight up top:flowers:

Wonderful news and congratulations to Sofia and Carl Philip.

Hmm, maybe that explains Sofia wearing Victoria's coat. Great time to share the gear. :D

It's wonderful that all the cousins will be so close in age... many happy summers are coming up in a few years!

Yes, these cousins are sure to play together, especially if they are of the same sex. This is extremely good news for the Swedish Royal family. Grandchildren are coming thick and fast for King Carl Gustav and Queen Silvia.

This baby is a honeymoon baby, just like Madeleine and Chris. How wonderfull.

It is wonderful! :flowers: So pleased for them. A good beginning.

It's wonderful that all the cousins will be so close in age... many happy summers are coming up in a few years!

I was thinking the same. :flowers:

Yes, these cousins are sure to play together, especially if they are of the same sex. This is extremely good news for the Swedish Royal family. Grandchildren are coming thick and fast for King Carl Gustav and Queen Silvia.

Very happy time for the King and Queen, indeed. So very happy for them all! :flowers:

Well, they didn't waste any time! :whistling:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom