Princess Sofia is Expecting - Due April 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not yet scientificaly proven but my daughter, who is a midwife sees that more and more pregnancies end up after 41/42 weeks and especially first pregnancies.
So this is not an old wives tale but an observation, not only made by my daughter but also by her collegues.

I have worked as a nurse for a number of years now. There are many reasons a mother may go past 40 weeks. Those reasons affect mothers whether it is your first or your 10th pregnancy. One reason considered for later births is based on the age of the mother. With women waiting longer to have children, they are more likely go past their due date. If your first child is late, your second/third and so on are just as likely to be.

But again babies don't follow stats.

Well maternal age could be a reason
More and more women get their children when they are over 30

I am so excited for Prince couple's baby. I hope the baby comes soon and we don't have to wait until later in the month!!

Expressen tells that the invitations to Te Deum have been sent out. They have a photo of prime minister Stefan Löfven's invitation, and the invitation to the lunch after Te Deum.
And the same way as for Victoria's and Daniel's child, Te Deum is at the Royal Chapel at 12.15 the day after the baby is born, and if the baby is born on Saturday, Te Deum is on Monday. The lunch is at 13.00.
Lyxiga inbjudan för att fira kungliga bebisen _ Nyheter _ Expressen

Expressen tells that the invitations to Te Deum have been sent out. They have a photo of prime minister Stefan Löfven's invitation, and the invitation to the lunch after Te Deum.
And the same way as for Victoria's and Daniel's child, Te Deum is at the Royal Chapel at 12.15 the day after the baby is born, and if the baby is born on Saturday, Te Deum is on Monday. The lunch is at 13.00.
Lyxiga inbjudan för att fira kungliga bebisen _ Nyheter _ Expressen

When was Oscar's te deum sent out? I wonder in roder to have a approximate idea of how it will take ;-)

When was Oscar's te deum sent out? I wonder in roder to have a approximate idea of how it will take ;-)

Svensk Damtidning told on 11th February that the invitations had been sent out. But they didn't tell the exact date when the invitations had been sent, maybe they got to know about them a few days later.
Same now, we don't know the exact date when the invitations have been sent out.

Last edited:
Svensk Damtidning told on 11th February that the invitations had been sent out. But they didn't tell the exact date when the invitations had been sent, maybe they got to know about them a few days later.
Same now, we don't know the exact date when the invitations have been sent out.

Thank you! I guess the court doesn't follow a pattern then.

Last edited:
Gossip magazine's Hänt-blog wrote some days ago that Sofia will give birth at Sophiahemmet's BB Sophia.
Since a few months back, Sofia has been the honorary chairperson of Sophiahemmet, which opened criticized maternity clinic BB Sophia. Now, the clinic will be closed down in May because of financial troubles. But if you ask us, it would be still a little strange if she did not choose to give birth there considering her new mission. And that that there would be a danger to the child if something happens ... The theory we can put down immediately. If she gives birth there, there will obviously be a plethora of doctors in place.
We actually took contact to Harald Almström, ceo and chief medical officer at BB Sophia, because we got a lot to informed reports that Sofia will give birth right there. Early this morning he answered us: "It's something I obviously can not comment ..."
Undeniably a tad suspicious. If she had not planned to give birth there he had been able to answer something like, "it's nothing I know of." He had also been able to refuse to answer at all.
If you ask us Sofia has already made her choice.
Prinsessan Sofia föder på BB Sophia – chefsläkaren till Häntbloggen_ ”Det kan jag inte kommentera” _Shimodas

Last edited:
I have worked as a nurse for a number of years now. There are many reasons a mother may go past 40 weeks. Those reasons affect mothers whether it is your first or your 10th pregnancy. One reason considered for later births is based on the age of the mother. With women waiting longer to have children, they are more likely go past their due date. If your first child is late, your second/third and so on are just as likely to be.

But again babies don't follow stats.

And I heard the opposite opinion: that older mothers (past 40) are at a higher risk to have pre-term babies.

And I heard the opposite opinion: that older mothers (past 40) are at a higher risk to have pre-term babies.

That is when there are complications.
You have a higher risk for complications when you are over 40, but when everything goes well and you expect a natural à terme birth than the baby of 30years and older mothers tend to come later.

BTW very young mothers are also at higher risk to have pre-term babies

Last edited:
so will sofia in the end deliver at Sophiahemmet maternity? i think, as the patron, that it is fitting that she delivers there. however, i find it odd that she took a patronage of a society that is closing only a few months down the line - surely the royal court did some financial checks to ensure that they don't associate the name of the RF to an organization that is unstable?

so will sofia in the end deliver at Sophiahemmet maternity? i think, as the patron, that it is fitting that she delivers there. however, i find it odd that she took a patronage of a society that is closing only a few months down the line - surely the royal court did some financial checks to ensure that they don't associate the name of the RF to an organization that is unstable?

Sofia isn't the patron of BB Sophia maternity clinic.
Sofia is the Honorary Chairperson of Sophiahemmet Association, a non-profit organization, which also is a healthcare provider at Sophiahemmet Hospital. The hospital is regarded as a high-quality private hospital, offering a wide range of specialized inpatient and outpatient services.
Sophiahemmet Association owns Sophiahemmet University, a leading higher educational institution in the field of nursing science in Sweden. The University has in total, approximately 1 500 students on a yearly basis.
The relations between the Swedish royal family and Sophiahemmet is of great importance both from a historical and present day perspective. Thus, the Chairperson of Sophiahemmet is selected by the Swedish King.
https://www.shh.se/visa_2013.asp?sida=623

Princess Christina was the Honorary Chairperson of Sophiahemmet 1972-2015.
BB Sophia, the private maternity clinic, was inaugurated in April 2014. It has been operating at House G at Sophiahemmet. And now it will be closed in May because of huge financial losses.
Sophiahemmet Association, Sophiahemmet Hospital and Sophiahemmet University continue their work.

Last edited:
That is when there are complications.
You have a higher risk for complications when you are over 40, but when everything goes well and you expect a natural à terme birth than the baby of 30years and older mothers tend to come later.

BTW very young mothers are also at higher risk to have pre-term babies

My grandma was 41 when my uncle, her last child, was born; and he was born full-term! I know lots of women who gave birth after 40. My high school biology teacher, for one, was born when her mother was 43, and weighed 6 pounds 11 ounces at birth, 46 years ago 2 weeks from tomorrow.

Sent from my iPod touch using The Royals Community

My grandma was 41 when my uncle, her last child, was born; and he was born full-term! I know lots of women who gave birth after 40. My high school biology teacher, for one, was born when her mother was 43, and weighed 6 pounds 11 ounces at birth, 46 years ago 2 weeks from tomorrow.

I think this relationship older mother-more risk of preterm baby refers rather to older primiparas than multiparas.

I think this relationship older mother-more risk of preterm baby refers rather to older primiparas than multiparas.

Well my high school teacher is an only child!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom