The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 02:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Well for once I was right about Oscar (well the last months I was quite sure) so maybe my skills are getting better.

Old 04-01-2016, 06:52 AM
Heir Apparent

If the baby came today, most of the people wouls surely think it is an April's fool and wouldn't believe the news right away! LOL

Old 04-01-2016, 02:09 PM
Courtier

Expressen has published a clip from a short interview with Sofia. It was - as you might expect - Johan T Lindvall who met up with her when she came out from Sofiahemmet. It was her last scheduled event before the baby arrives.

Snart kommer prinsessan Sofias kungliga bebis | Nyheter | Expressen

Parts of the interview:

Princess Sofia says that she's had a great meeting with the staff att Sophiahemmet.
- I've been around the hospital and seen their fantastic work.
- I've heard a lot about their ambition, values and what Sophiahemmet stands for. All of that makes me very proud to represent Sophiahemmet.

Johan T Lindvall also asks Sofia how she's doing.
- Fine. Great, in fact. Everything is as it should be.
JTL: May people are asking when the next little royalty will be arriving?
- Well, I understand that people are wondering, Sofia says and laughs. Then she adds: I wonder that too. You can't really plan for this. I hope that it arrives when it's ready.
JTL: How do you and prince Carl Philip prepare to become parents?
- I don't really know how you can prepare for something like that. We're happy and hope that everything will go smoothly and that we're all healthy. That's the most important thing.
JTL: Is it a prince or a princess?
- You'll see soon enough (smiles and leave the interview).
Old 04-01-2016, 02:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Now I am really getting excited. In 25 days is my birthday and it would be a great gift if the baby will be born on my birthday. But this would be a very busy week for the whole SRF, as the King has 4 days later his birthday.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 04-01-2016, 02:26 PM
Courtier

Here are some official pictures from the visit: Prinsessan Sofia besökte Sophiahemmet - Sveriges Kungahus
Old 04-01-2016, 04:10 PM
Heir Apparent

My birthday is on the 24th. This is a big month for royal birthdays, both in Sweden and other monarchies. (bold are Swedish birthdays)
Princess Emma of Prussia
Prince Carl Christian (son of Princess Birgitta)
Tord Magnuson (husband of Princess Christina)
Leah Behn
Princess Arianne
Princess Tatiana of Lichtenstein
Princess Caroline's granddaughter India
Sibylla Ambler (daughter of Princess Margaretha)
King Philippe of Belgium
Queen Marge
GD Henri of Luxembourg
Princess Eleanore of Belgium
Prince Sebastian of Luxembourg
Count Leopold (grandson of Princess Marie-Astrid and Carl Christian
Prince Georg of Lichtenstein
Queen Elizabeth
Princess Isabella of Denmark
Princess Laetitia Maria of Belgium/Austria Este
Prince Philipos of Greece
King Willem-Alexander
Infanta Sofia
Princess Benedikte
Maude Behn
King CG
Infanta Cristina's son Miguel

Six reigning monarchs (UK, Belgium, Netherlands, Lux,Denmark and Sweden) all have birthdays this month.
Old 04-01-2016, 05:19 PM
Heir Apparent

You forgot in your list Infanta Sofia of Spain!
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 04-01-2016, 05:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
You forgot in your list Infanta Sofia of Spain!
Oddly she was the first one on my list She must have got bumped off accidentally Thanks, corrected it

A few I missed:
Princess Sirindhorn of Thailand
Ubolratana, eldest daughter of the King of Thailand
Prince Tomihito of Mikaso
Prince Jigme of Bhutan (younger full brother of the king)
Princess Haya bint Hamzah (granddaughter of Queen Noor)
Princess Aisha and Princess Zein of Jordan
Princess Iman of Jordan
Princess Muna, Princess Mother of Jordan
Lalla Soukaina of Morocco (daughter of Princess Lalla Meryem)
Old 04-02-2016, 07:31 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

For some reason I have a feeling that the baby will be born in mid April. I don't know why, it's just a feeling. I'm also excited for the birth - as usual with towards the end of royal forums, I find eyes looking out for any news and updates.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 04-02-2016, 07:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Honestly I hate it but not that excited. Maybe its because we just had the excitement of Oscar There has been very little momentum on her either on the boards. Lead up to Oscar we had the count down, and last minute name guessing and gender guessing in February for a 'march' baby. It's already April and not getting the same with this one.

Hopefully he/she is not born/name announced on the 16th. The little future king of Bhutan's name is to finally be announced on the 16th. At least here on our forums, may be some competition for interest.

Happy for the couple though definitely. Hoping I am right on the sex.
Old 04-03-2016, 02:29 AM
Serene Highness

Due date might be half April as was officialy announced April, but a first child tend to be later.
I would not be surprised if the baby would be born end April or even the beginning of May.
I don't expect her to be present at the festivities for the King's 70th birthday.
In Vorsten there was even the suggestion that she might still be pregnant at the festivities

Anyway glad that there is not that hysteria as there was for the birth of the Cambridge children
I would say: leave it till the announcement of the birth is made.
Old 04-03-2016, 03:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Its an old wives tale that first babies come late and second early. Babies come on their own schedule. Some women will have early deliveries every baby, some late every baby, some a mix.

Likely why royals like Vic and Sofia give Vague April or March due dates. As long as the baby is born within the month no need to think it early or late. And less likely to have media lining up.
Old 04-03-2016, 04:40 AM
Serene Highness

It is not yet scientificaly proven but my daughter, who is a midwife sees that more and more pregnancies end up after 41/42 weeks and especially first pregnancies.
So this is not an old wives tale but an observation, not only made by my daughter but also by her collegues.
Old 04-03-2016, 07:49 AM
Nobility

Looks like a girl...just saying...
Old 04-03-2016, 07:54 AM
Heir Apparent

I also have the feeling it will be a girl in the end.
Old 04-03-2016, 08:10 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatharine View Post
Looks like a girl...just saying...
I am pretty sure it is a girl given that the couple was spotted buying female items and we now know for sure those items were not meant for Victoria's second child as speculated at the time.
Old 04-03-2016, 08:56 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I am pretty sure it is a girl given that the couple was spotted buying female items and we now know for sure those items were not meant for Victoria's second child as speculated at the time.
I think also that it will be a girl but not because of the pink item.
First of all they both said clearly that they don't know the sex of their child and want to be surprised.
Secondly, if you buy items for yourself you don't let it wrap up as a present, so I think that the little pink item was meant as a present for friends (one of her friends recently had a little baby girl).
Old 04-03-2016, 09:19 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjetajiem View Post
I think also that it will be a girl but not because of the pink item.
First of all they both said clearly that they don't know the sex of their child and want to be surprised.
Secondly, if you buy items for yourself you don't let it wrap up as a present, so I think that the little pink item was meant as a present for friends (one of her friends recently had a little baby girl).

if a girl is confirmed, it will be fun to see that the whole family will be started with a girl, nice coïncidence
Old 04-03-2016, 09:59 AM
Serene Highness

No sex has been confirmed.
Only when Madeleine expected Leonore it was officialy confirmed that the baby would be a girl
Old 04-03-2016, 10:06 AM
Heir Apparent

If the little child will set its first steps into the world on 16 April and the Crown Princess will get godmother, Victoria will have two godchildren sharing their birthdays.

Closed Thread