The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2016, 06:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
I've won my first bet! Victoria had a boy! So if Sofia has a girl, I am in luck!
Maybe Sofia will follow her sisters in law tradition : first a girl and then a boy !

Old 03-06-2016, 11:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Princess View Post
This is going to sound like such a silly thing to ask, but after seeing the awesome Prince Oscar cake that has just been created, is this baby likely to get a cake named after it? That's what I really want to know!
I don't know. Though Both Estelle and Oscar got cakes, neither of Maddie's kids did AFAIR. Maybe only the kids of the crown princess get the cakes. Will have to see.

I am conflicted on gender. It would be cute if it was a little girl and they followed the pattern of the sisters. But then again, with Nico and Oscar, it might be nice to be a third boy so the three little musketeers.

Old 03-06-2016, 12:05 PM
Courtier

Princess Sofia is Expecting - Due April 2016

Oh come on, getting a cake isn't one of the legal perks of being the child of the Crown princess. It's just a baker in Skåne that came up with the idea and made one to hopefully make some extra money. Happens all the time that different kind of celebrities getting a cake made in their hometown. The singer Sanna Nielsen for instance has one that's only made and sold in her birth town of Bromölla when she participates in the Swedish selection to Eurovision Song Contest or the contest itself which so far has happened 10 times... Don't overthink this and make a mountain out of a molehill
Old 03-06-2016, 12:17 PM
Heir Apparent

To be honest, the person making a mountain is you. I answered a question if this baby would get a cake. IMO, no. Maddie's kids didn't. Why? Likely because bakers didn't think there would be enough interest. My opinion, either will CP's. No need to go all dramatic, simply my opinion.
Old 03-06-2016, 12:30 PM
Courtier

Sorry I wasn't just aiming my response to you, I get a bit confused since we have the same cake question being discussed in two threads at the same time. If I do come of as pesky sometimes it's most often because English isn't my first language and things get lost in translation.
Old 03-06-2016, 12:40 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Sorry I wasn't just aiming my response to you, I get a bit confused since we have the same cake question being discussed in two threads at the same time. If I do come of as pesky sometimes it's most often because English isn't my first language and things get lost in translation.
It's hard to have an argument with someone in your second or third language. Allt vore mycket lättare om alla pratade svenska
Old 03-06-2016, 05:30 PM
Majesty

Aint that the truth!
Old 03-06-2016, 06:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobia View Post
It's hard to have an argument with someone in your second or third language. Allt vore mycket lättare om alla pratade svenska

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Aint that the truth!

Lol though in general I think most of us manages quite well here both in getting our points across and managing to understand each other:)
Old 03-07-2016, 09:07 PM
Nobility

Since I am the one who posted the question, I guess I should try and clear it up- I hope I don't confuse things further! I was just asking about wether this child is likely to get a cake named after it in this thread, since this is the thread for this child, rather than in Oscars thread . Maybe that wasn't necessary. It's very easy to have a misunderstanding- I may be posting in my native language, however if I knew more about Sweden perhaps I would have known how common naming cakes after people is. I have certainly learnt that Sweden is the place to be if you love cake! I must say, I'm a little embarrassed how interested I am in cake was the start of this
Old 03-07-2016, 11:18 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't think any other royals have had cakes named after them, have they? I can only think of the Victoria sponge and the Battenberg for British royals. It's a charming idea but crown Princess Victoria didn't have a cake named after her, did she?
Old 03-07-2016, 11:43 PM
Heir Apparent

No, as far as I know Victoria and her siblings didn't get cakes named after them.

There is the Princess cake, which was named in honor of Astrid (queen of Belgium), Martha (CP of Norway) and Margaretha (princess of Denmark). This cake is often made in bakeries at the time of royal births, and likely were at the time of Vic, CP and Maddie's. The fondant color is changed when it is a prins cake and not princessan cake. The recipe was from a cookbook of a teacher of the three daughters of Prince Carl of Sweden, and was renamed in their honor as they were said to be fans of it.

Be surprised at how many royals of the past have food/sweets named for them.

Even the queen mum had a cake named for her
http://www.saveur.com/article/Recipe...n-Mothers-Cake-

Queen Alexandra and her husband were popular for food to be named after. Gateau Alexandra is one
https://translate.google.ca/translat...ml&prev=search

So the Swedish men don't feel left out, there is the Gustaf Adolf (the one who died in 1632) cake which is meant to be eaten on his name day in November (I have no idea if anyone still does)
http://swedenroots.blogspot.ca/2012/...olfsdagen.html
Old 03-18-2016, 01:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

The court updated the calendar today, and Sofia has a work event at Sophiahemmet on 31st March.
Kalender - Sveriges Kungahus
Old 03-18-2016, 01:38 PM
Serene Highness

The information about the festivities around King Carl Gustav's 70th birthday at Vorsten gives the impression that the princess will be present at the festivities as long as her pregnancy allows it. She will be very pregnant.
I think that the child is due April or May
Old 03-18-2016, 02:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Considering she has an engagement at the very end of March, I'd say at least mid April at the earliest. To be honest I will be shocked if we see much of her at the king's birthday. I don't see her pulling a Maddie at her brother's wedding but could be wrong.
Old 03-18-2016, 02:53 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Considering she has an engagement at the very end of March, I'd say at least mid April at the earliest. To be honest I will be shocked if we see much of her at the king's birthday. I don't see her pulling a Maddie at her brother's wedding but could be wrong.
I think she is trying to be there when the whole family is together, as indicated on the agenda. On 29 and 30 April.
Old 03-18-2016, 07:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The court updated the calendar today, and Sofia has a work event at Sophiahemmet on 31st March.
Kalender - Sveriges Kungahus
How exciting. To me, it means she is feeling really healthy and able. She is comfortable in her maternity.
And that's exactly what I would wish for every Mom to be, were it in my ability to make miracles!
Old 03-31-2016, 04:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

Gossip magazine Hänt Extra tells in this week's issue about Carl Philip and Sofia having bought pram.

Svensk Damtidning and Stoppa pressarna quote the article and tell that Carl Philip and Sofia bought some days ago an Emmaljunga pram from the children's shop Bonti at Karlavägen in Östermalm in central Stockholm.
- Carl Philip and Sofia were there and bought the pram, a children's bed and a lot of other things. It was a white pram from Emmaljunga. White on top and black bottom, says an informant to Hänt Extra
The model that Prince Carl Philip and Sofia opted is called "Emmaljunga Viking white leatherette", costs around 5,000 SEK and is partly made of leather.
Carl Philip och Sofia har köpt barnvagn – så ser den ut _ Svensk Damtidning
Sofias oväntade läderinköp _ Stoppa Pressarna
Old 03-31-2016, 11:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's a girl! Wanna bet?
Old 03-31-2016, 11:53 PM
Heir Apparent

I have a feeling you are right and Sofia is following her SIL's footsteps. But then again I usually guess wrong.
Old 04-01-2016, 12:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

No, no, no, Countessmeout. You must be 100% correct. I have a bet riding on this. Ha!