Princess Sofia is Expecting - Due April 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never know, Sofia could be buying pink for her new niece and throwing us off :flowers:

I wouldn't be surprised if Nicolas remains the only grandson for now. Poor little Nico will have to keep on his toes.:ROFLMAO:

Relax people, those pink items could have been for the friend. Although, now I would be surprised to hear that Sofia had a boy.

I think that item could also be for Victoria's child, but if the article is right, I I would safely say that at least one baby girl will arrive in the next two months.

I think due to Maddie being spotted buying pink when pregnant with Leo and it ended up being true, people are hoping the same here:flowers:

I think due to Maddie being spotted buying pink when pregnant with Leo and it ended up being true, people are hoping the same here:flowers:

Madeline's registry for Leonore was leaked which lead to Madeline announcing she was having a girl so the sex wasn't a surprise

My point was that the information got leaked, aka pink items on the registry, and the leak ended up true (there are false ones). Yes it was confirmed before the birth, but if not for the leak, likely would have remained a secret. People are hoping/thinking this leak will be true as well.

Why hasn't any reporter asked Carl Philip and Sofia about Victoria & Daniel's 2nd child and if they are excited for them?

Have they not :ohmy:

Maybe it's not something they think to ask a man :ermm: Has the king been asked about either baby at events? Maybe I have missed it. The queen certainly has. Being a grandmother, or in Vik's case an aunt, it seems to be expected they will be excited about babies. And of course they wonder if Vik and Maddie have given baby advice to the new parents.

May also be a combination with CP was asked about the first baby. Vik's second baby may not be as 'exciting' in the family. For CP and Sofia it is their first baby.

The press is ginning up for Victoria's baby at this moment. It 's a 2nd child but the child of a future sovereign. The first child of a mid-successor to the throne, some interest but not on the same level. And this day and age one can ask questions to a guy about a baby.

The press is ginning up for Victoria's baby at this moment. It 's a 2nd child but the child of a future sovereign. The first child of a mid-successor to the throne, some interest but not on the same level. And this day and age one can ask questions to a guy about a baby.

They can, I agree. It just seems they don't. It seems a question usually don't. Unless asking about their own pregnant wife. They have certainly been asking the queen and Daniel about the baby, so yes there is definitely interest building on the birth of the baby. The interest in this baby seems even a bit above CP's baby which is his first child.

I suspect interest in CP and Sofia and their baby will pick up once the baby of Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel has arrived. There is still some time before the second baby is due.:flowers:

I suspect interest in CP and Sofia and their baby will pick up once the baby of Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel has arrived. There is still some time before the second baby is due.:flowers:

A bit I agree. But then Sofia will have to compete with pictures of the new 3rd in line to the throne. Talk of names and baptism. The fact that it is CP's first child will help.

There will be comparisons between the babies, especially the christenings. The Crown Princess Couple's 2nd child would have the grander ceremony. But the question is will SVT cover the christenings? The station I believe will take public interest into account. The competition for coverage will also include Carl Gustaf's 70th birthday (also April) and Silvia's 40th anniversary as queen (June). That's a lot of money for a station to spend to cover 4 royal events.

If the baby arrives on the King's 70th birthday that will make for a double celebration and if the baby is a boy it could be given Carl or Gustav as one of the names.

I am sure there will be live coverage from both christenings. SVT will likely broadcast both. There was a huge (and successful) public pressure on them to change their minds when they announced that they wouldn't broadcast the christening of Prince Nicholas. Don't think they would want the same situation again.

I am more interested in names, titles, where the christenings will take place and who will baptise them etc...

If they are born only 1 month apart there is also a chance that there will be one ceremony with a "double christening". Why not on 19:th June ;)

Last edited:
If they are born only 1 month apart there is also a chance that there will be one ceremony with a "double christening". Why not on 19:th June ;)

I don't think that there will be a double christening. There are many reasons to that, but the most important is that then Carl Philip's baby wouldn't be able to wear the christening gown from 1906, which have been used by the king's father, aunt and uncles, the king and his sisters, Victoria, Carl Philip, Madeleine, Estelle, Leonore and Nicolas.

And Carl Philip has a STCC race on 19th June...
Johan T Lindwall also wrote at some of his articles that according to his sources the christening for Victoria's and Daniel's child is planned to May.

I think that SVT will show both christenings, perhaps a longer broadcast from Victoria's and Daniel's second child's christening, and a short broadcast like Nicolas christening for Carl Philip's and Sofia's baby.

I don't think that there will be a double christening. There are many reasons to that, but the most important is that then Carl Philip's baby wouldn't be able to wear the christening gown from 1906, which have been used by the king's father, aunt and uncles, the king and his sisters, Victoria, Carl Philip, Madeleine, Estelle, Leonore and Nicolas.

And Carl Philip has a STCC race on 19th June...
Johan T Lindwall also wrote at some of his articles that according to his sources the christening for Victoria's and Daniel's child is planned to May.

I think that SVT will show both christenings, perhaps a longer broadcast from Victoria's and Daniel's second child's christening, and a short broadcast like Nicolas christening for Carl Philip's and Sofia's baby.

I also do not think it will be a double christening but i like the thought and it's not uncommon these days in Church of Sweden.

Ok we'll se when it happens. I've heard rumours about a christening for V and D:s 2:nd child on 5:th June too. Probably as it is close to the national day on 6:th June and some distance to the Kings birthday week. But we'll see what happens.

I guess the christening of Victoria and Daniels 2:nd child will take place in The Royal Palace Church in Stockholm and the christening of the 1:st child of Carl Philip and Sofia will take place in Drottningholm Palace Church, or maybe in Räpplinge Church at Öland.

Last edited:
If they have set the date for the christening they have locked down the godparents. It will be announced the day of the christening.

This is going to sound like such a silly thing to ask, but after seeing the awesome Prince Oscar cake that has just been created, is this baby likely to get a cake named after it? That's what I really want to know!

:flowers: I've won my first bet! Victoria had a boy! So if Sofia has a girl, I am in luck! ;)

This is going to sound like such a silly thing to ask, but after seeing the awesome Prince Oscar cake that has just been created, is this baby likely to get a cake named after it? That's what I really want to know!

I don't know. Though Both Estelle and Oscar got cakes, neither of Maddie's kids did AFAIR. Maybe only the kids of the crown princess get the cakes. Will have to see.

I am conflicted on gender. It would be cute if it was a little girl and they followed the pattern of the sisters. But then again, with Nico and Oscar, it might be nice to be a third boy so the three little musketeers.

Oh come on, getting a cake isn't one of the legal perks of being the child of the Crown princess. It's just a baker in Skåne that came up with the idea and made one to hopefully make some extra money. Happens all the time that different kind of celebrities getting a cake made in their hometown. The singer Sanna Nielsen for instance has one that's only made and sold in her birth town of Bromölla when she participates in the Swedish selection to Eurovision Song Contest or the contest itself which so far has happened 10 times... Don't overthink this and make a mountain out of a molehill

Last edited:
To be honest, the person making a mountain is you. I answered a question if this baby would get a cake. IMO, no. Maddie's kids didn't. Why? Likely because bakers didn't think there would be enough interest. My opinion, either will CP's. No need to go all dramatic, simply my opinion.

Sorry I wasn't just aiming my response to you, I get a bit confused since we have the same cake question being discussed in two threads at the same time. If I do come of as pesky sometimes it's most often because English isn't my first language and things get lost in translation.

Sorry I wasn't just aiming my response to you, I get a bit confused since we have the same cake question being discussed in two threads at the same time. If I do come of as pesky sometimes it's most often because English isn't my first language and things get lost in translation.

It's hard to have an argument with someone in your second or third language. Allt vore mycket lättare om alla pratade svenska :)

:previous: Aint that the truth! ;)

It's hard to have an argument with someone in your second or third language. Allt vore mycket lättare om alla pratade svenska :)

:previous: Aint that the truth! ;)

Lol though in general I think most of us manages quite well here both in getting our points across and managing to understand each other:)

Since I am the one who posted the question, I guess I should try and clear it up- I hope I don't confuse things further! I was just asking about wether this child is likely to get a cake named after it in this thread, since this is the thread for this child, rather than in Oscars thread . Maybe that wasn't necessary. It's very easy to have a misunderstanding- I may be posting in my native language, however if I knew more about Sweden perhaps I would have known how common naming cakes after people is. I have certainly learnt that Sweden is the place to be if you love cake! I must say, I'm a little embarrassed how interested I am in cake was the start of this:ROFLMAO:

I don't think any other royals have had cakes named after them, have they? I can only think of the Victoria sponge and the Battenberg for British royals. It's a charming idea but crown Princess Victoria didn't have a cake named after her, did she?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom