Princess Sofia and Project Playground (Activities from July 2014)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sofia was on Friday evening together with participants from Project Playground, and South African Great Corner on a visit to Husby to meet and hang with Lugna Gatan Husby (Easy Street Husby). Also representatives of the Police were there. Project Playground and Fryshuset educate Great Corner with Lugna Gatan's methods and visit to Husby was a part of a long study visit to Sweden.
https://instagram.com/p/6ZZ58VCo4R/?taken-by=fryshuset
https://instagram.com/p/6YSpU4vy5-/?taken-by=abbeabbelito

Project Playground got in June the 90-account. 90 account, or the Swedish Fundraising Control, is a nonprofit organization which purpose is to promote that fund-raising among the public is done under reliable forms without excessive administrative costs. 90-account is for donor confirmation that the money goes to the purpose (at least 75% of total revenue) without excessive costs (maximum 25% of total revenue).
Project Playground beviljas 90-konto
Translation

Last edited:
@Lady Finn - so Project Playground is going to be formally monitored on its fundraising activities now? I ask this because there have been allegations around the internet commentors that Project Playground's funding has been none-too-legitimate, namely, funds for PP were going into Sofia's personal bank account. (Note: I say allegations and there has been no formal investigation launched, nor indictments or convictions) Has it been in a "90-account" since its beginning, and if not - why not? As a charitable organization wouldn't the 90-account have been established from the start? It probably would have shut down the accusations, or not get them a chance to start.

@Lady Finn - so Project Playground is going to be formally monitored on its fundraising activities now? I ask this because there have been allegations around the internet commentors that Project Playground's funding has been none-too-legitimate, namely, funds for PP were going into Sofia's personal bank account. (Note: I say allegations and there has been no formal investigation launched, nor indictments or convictions) Has it been in a "90-account" since its beginning, and if not - why not? As a charitable organization wouldn't the 90-account have been established from the start? It probably would have shut down the accusations, or not get them a chance to start.

At the website of the 90-account it is said about the account holder (AH):
The operation must not be burdened with unreasonable costs. For all AHs, it is therefore the case – provided there are no particular reasons why this should not be the case – that at least 75% of the total income will go to the aim. If the AH’s fundraising and administration costs have exceeded 25% of total income for three consecutive years, the 90-account will be withdrawn, provided special reasons do not exist.

So when an organisation applies for a 90-account, it must be able to show that at least 75% of the total income will go to the aim. It is rather difficult to an organisation which just started, to be sure that they will fulfill that regulation. Therefore, normally the organisations apply for an account after some years work, when they can show based on their annual reports and budgets that their fundraising and administration costs don't exceed 25 % of total income. Obviously now Project Playground and their new secretary general Daniel Madhani have been able to show that their costs don't exceed 25 % of the total income. The account is normally given for three years and the period of validity of the account may be extended following a written request.

There is a lot of information of an 90-account at their website, when you apply for it, you must send a lot of documents of your organisation's work.
Guidelines _ Svensk insamlingskontroll

Last edited:
Lady Finn thanks for the explanation for a 90-account. We have don't have such things in Australia. Maybe we should as it sounds like a good system.

Most EU countries have such an arrangement but the conditions vary. For an example in the Netherlands they call it a Public Benefit Organisation (ANBI) when at least 90% of the efforts are focused on the general good.

Was that a private engagement or was it announced by the court?

Well I'm glad she has some duties to perform but I can't say I like her look. I was kind of hoping she would change her look a little. Maybe a little more elegant.

Well I'm glad she has some duties to perform but I can't say I like her look. I was kind of hoping she would change her look a little. Maybe a little more elegant.
I am not sure if this is considered an official (royal) duty or if it is private. I think it is part of Project P and not part of her Royal Duties. BUT I am just guessing.

Was that a private engagement or was it announced by the court?

It's on the Swedish translation of the calendar but not the English translation:

onsdag 19 augusti

Närvaro vid diplomeringsceremoni med Project Playground och Lugna Gatan

Prinsessan Sofia
Plats: Fryshuset, Stockholm
Tid: 13.50
Hanna Malmberg Eriksson, Project Playground, E-post: hanna@project-playground.org
Läs mer

link
The Global Child Forum on Southern Africa on September 8 is on neither the Swedish nor the English translation of the calendar but it definitely looks official:

The Global Child Forum on Southern Africa will be held in Pretoria, South Africa on 8 September 2015.

(excerpt)
The Forum, with more than 30 prominent speakers and under the patronage and active participation of Dr. Graça Machel and H.R.H. Princess Sofia of Sweden, has a special focus on building partnerships and on corporate sustainability for the protection of children’s rights in Southern Africa. It will be a full day with inspiration and action; plenary sessions, networking luncheon, interactive ActionLab sessions and a networking reception.
link

Last edited:
Did Sofia have Sapo security for this visit or did Carl Philip pay for it? Will she have Sapo Security when she leaves the country?

For the Global Child Forum I see Dr. Graca Machel's name comes first. Dr. Machel should have prominence as the former first lady of Mozambique (she's a politician there too) and Nelson Mandela's widow, but I thought the royal goes before the "commoner". Dr. Machel is a DBE. I still don't understand why Sofia doesn't have the Seraphim order yet.

Did Sofia have Sapo security for this visit or did Carl Philip pay for it? Will she have Sapo Security when she leaves the country?

For the Global Child Forum I see Dr. Graca Machel's name comes first. Dr. Machel should have prominence as the former first lady of Mozambique (she's a politician there too) and Nelson Mandela's widow, but I thought the royal goes before the "commoner". Dr. Machel is a DBE. I still don't understand why Sofia doesn't have the Seraphim order yet.

1. She will probably have some kind of security surrounding her, especially since South Africa unfortunately has quite high level of criminality.

2. There hasn't been any appropriate time to give it to her yet. You don't need to imply that she won't get it.

Daniel and Chris received their orders on their wedding days. Sofia may not have worn the sash over her gown, but the court could have announced she got it then. What's the hold up? There's no reason.

Daniel and Chris received their orders on their wedding days. Sofia may not have worn the sash over her gown, but the court could have announced she got it then. What's the hold up? There's no reason.

They are men. They didn't wear dresses, and sashes/orders are never worn with wedding dresses according to Swedish custom.

I know that you are desperately looking for negative things about Sofia, but give it a rest. Feel free to dislike her, but don't try to imply that others feel the same way as you do.

They are men. They didn't wear dresses, and sashes/orders are never worn with wedding dresses according to Swedish custom.

But other Royals like Mary and Marie in Denmark also got their Orders in time for their Weddings even they did not wear it one their Wedding Days.

I don't know all the protocols about when Orders and Medals are awarded and they would differ with each monarchy probably. Chris did not get a title so I can see giving him the order on his wedding day. Princess Sofie became a Duchess and a Princess so I can see waiting for another event to give her the order.

I don't know all the protocols about when Orders and Medals are awarded and they would differ with each monarchy probably. Chris did not get a title so I can see giving him the order on his wedding day. Princess Sofie became a Duchess and a Princess so I can see waiting for another event to give her the order.

Actually there really isn't any fixed protocol when it comes to handing out orders to members of the royal family anymore. The old system was abolished in 1975 and had to be revised 1995 because it was discovered that eventually future sovereigns would have to hand out orders to foreigners that they themselves weren't entitled to. This is why Princess Lilian didn't receive the Order of the Seraphim until 1995 although like Chris O'Neill she did receive The Order of the Polar Star around the time of her wedding. Another fact is that up to the reign of King GVIA the Swedish orders was rarely handed out to women - for instance Lilian was only the second woman to receive The Polar star.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:
Actually there really isn't any fixed protocol when it comes to handing out orders to members of the royal family anymore. The old system was abolished in 1975 and had to be revised 1995 because it was discovered that eventually future sovereigns would have to hand out orders to foreigners that they themselves weren't entitled to. This is why Princess Lilian didn't receive the Order of the Seraphim in 1995 although like Chris O'Neill she did receive The Order of the Polar Star around the time of her wedding. Another fact is that up to the reign of King GVIA the Swedish orders was rarely handed out to women - for instance Lilian was only the second woman to receive The Polar star.

Thanks JR76 for the clarification.

i guess we will have to wait for the next gala dinner to see if sofia got her order, although there's no reason why she hasn't. we just didn't have the opportunity to see it on her. she will probably wear it for the nobel prize dinner so not long to go now for that. or maybe earlier, if there are any state visits programmed for 2015 to sweden?

Actually there really isn't any fixed protocol when it comes to handing out orders to members of the royal family anymore. The old system was abolished in 1975 and had to be revised 1995 because it was discovered that eventually future sovereigns would have to hand out orders to foreigners that they themselves weren't entitled to. This is why Princess Lilian didn't receive the Order of the Seraphim until 1995 although like Chris O'Neill she did receive The Order of the Polar Star around the time of her wedding. Another fact is that up to the reign of King GVIA the Swedish orders was rarely handed out to women - for instance Lilian was only the second woman to receive The Polar star.

Thanks JR76 for the clarification.

The fact that Lilian got the Order of The Polar Star at the time of her marriage in 1976 has been bugging me since I wrote my post about it here - If since the Reform of the Order system in 1975 no Swedes, not even members of the royal family's, could receive any orders how was it possible for Lilian to get one? One explanation I found when googeling that sounds very plausible is that she was still a British citizen and therefore eligible to receive said order.

The fact that Lilian got the Order of The Polar Star at the time of her marriage in 1976 has been bugging me since I wrote my post about it here - If since the Reform of the Order system in 1975 no Swedes, not even members of the royal family's, could receive any orders how was it possible for Lilian to get one? One explanation I found when googeling that sounds very plausible is that she was still a British citizen and therefore eligible to receive said order.

I read that too and the same way Silvia was given the Order of the Seraphim when she still was a german citizen. But that does nt explain why Lilian did not get the Seraphim before her Wedding but the Polar Star.

I read that too and the same way Silvia was given the Order of the Seraphim when she still was a german citizen. But that does nt explain why Lilian did not get the Seraphim before her Wedding but the Polar Star.

With an exception for (post 1995) the Royal family after 1975 the Seraphim is only awarded to Heads of states and heirs to a throne and has to be approved by the government. Since Lilian was neither I guess that's why she got the Polar Star instead. I can imagine the government made an exception for a future queen when allowing her to be awarded the Seraphim.

Btw (and yes I know I'm the one going on about this) is a thread about Project Playground really the right place to discuss orders?

Who is the lady in the blue dress standing next to Prince CP? I recognize her from the wedding video but not sure of her role.

Who is the lady in the blue dress standing next to Prince CP? I recognize her from the wedding video but not sure of her role.

She is Ulla Sjöström, who was interviewed at SVT's live broadcast before the wedding. She was described as one of Sofia's "mentors", she has been helping Sofia, she has been involved in Project Playground a few years and organized this gala for the first time last year. Ulla Sjöström is also the one who married Lina Hellqvist and Jonas Frejd.

The tickets to yesterday's gala cost 1500 SEK, 1000 SEK of that went to children via Project Playground.
Barnen i fokus i Örnsköldsvik i helgen - P4 Västernorrland _ Sveriges Radio

Sofia wears the Reiss dress she had at one official photo.
http://www.kungahuset.se/images/18....t.+Foto+Mattias+Edwall+Kungahuset.se+WEBB.jpg

Back
Top Bottom