The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-18-2014, 07:29 PM
Heir Apparent

When Sofia and Carl Philip marry and she will be styled as HRH Princess Sofia of Sweden has she to stop her work for Project Playground or can she continue?

I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 09-18-2014, 08:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
When Sofia and Carl Philip marry and she will be styled as HRH Princess Sofia of Sweden has she to stop her work for Project Playground or can she continue?
I'm guessing she'll carry on her work with Project Playground.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-18-2014, 10:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

We'll see. I tend to doubt it.
Old 09-18-2014, 11:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
We'll see. I tend to doubt it.
Well, as Princess she will be engaged in many Social Projects.... so why not keeping Project Playground? The only difference will be, that she has one Project at the Moment and that she will have several in the future. So less time for only one activity.
Bye Bine
Old 09-19-2014, 03:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

Photo from PP's Instagram, they thank all the stars who were with at the charity gala
Instagram
Old 09-19-2014, 06:42 AM
Serene Highness

And another photo from the Facebook page of Gladys del Pilar:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...3588094a50b440.
Old 09-26-2014, 02:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Sofia is not going to become a full-time princess
Project Playground held yesterday a press meeting at Hotel Skeppsholmen, they briefed about their collaboration with street artist Shai Dahan.
Next summer, Sofia Hellqvist can be a princess when she marries Prince Carl Philip. But unlike Prince Daniel, she will most likely not give up her career.
Along with Frida Vesterberg Sofia started the charity project which aims to give children in the townships of South Africa meaningful leisure, for a safer and more secure future. Sofia spends a lot of time in South Africa and longs for "her children" when she is at home in Sweden.
- Yes, of course. Entire Project Playground is a part of the family and I spend many months a year down there, says Sofia Hellqvist.
Shai Dahan's Recollection- exhibition is in Hotel Skeppsholmen - and whose proceeds will go back to the project.
- The sky is the limit! said Sofia also told that after the end of the year they expect to open a third center in South Africa.
After the wedding Sofia Hellqvist will continue her work.
- Of course, I will continue to work, I have spent many years and a lot of work into this, she says.
Sofia tänker inte bli heltidsprinsessa Nyheter Expressen
Translation

She is quite nicely exaggerating the time she spends in Langa in a year.
Old 09-26-2014, 02:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Sofia is not seen in public a lot. It's very possible that she's in Africa a great deal of the time.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-26-2014, 03:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Sofia is not seen in public a lot. It's very possible that she's in Africa a great deal of the time.
Well, she could prove that by taking photographs of her work there to their social media or website. But there are photos of her this year in Langa only in March when she went there with people from Young Cancer -organization. And South Africa is so far away that she hardly goes there for a day or two and comes back to Sweden. Although she isn't seen in public, people are writing seeing her and Carl Philip in Sweden at the social media. And Svensk Damtidning tells about their goings in their paper issue with old photos.

This year I have seen photos/articles of Sofia at least these events:
Beginning of January At the skiing holiday in Italy with the royal family
January 24 She collected a painting to their auction
January 29 With Carl Philip at the theater in Stockholm
February 12 With Project Playground in Gothenburg
February 13 Project Playground launches a co-operation with Young Cancer
February 17 With Carl Philip, meeting the mayor of Cape Town at the Embassy in Stockholm
February 28 Skiing StafettVasan with Carl Philip, they had trained together during the winter
March 2 Princess Leonore's Te Deum
March 7 Project Playground's Charity Gala in Gothenburg
March 11-20 With Young cancer -people in Langa, South Africa (some photos with them, if she stayed there longer, there are no photos)
In the spring With Carl Philip, leasing a car to Sofia from Helins Bilcentrum in Bålsta
May 7 Speaking at the Scandinavian E-business Camp in Gothenburg
May 30-June 1 At a wedding with Carl Philip
June 5 Visiting Leonore with Carl Philip
June 8 Princess Leonore's christening
June 9 At "Female Economist of the Year" -event, Stockholm
June 27 Publishing the engagement
July 1-2 At Almedalen with Project Playground
July 4 Sofia and Carl Philip gave an interview to DalaDemokraten in Falun
July 5 At Peace in Love Festival
July 14 Crown princess Victoria's birthday
July 17 With Carl Philip in Gothia Cup cheering PP's football team's last game
July 18 At the Liseberg Amusement Park with PP's football team
July 20 At the tennis final in Båstad
End of July With Carl Philip on a holiday in St Maxime and Ibiza
August 9 Carl Philip and Sofia in Södertälje
September 2 At the Operakällaren Trophy seminar with Project Playground
September 6 With Carl Philip at the STCC race in Solvalla
September 13 Charity Gala for Project Playground in Örnsköldsvik
September 20 With Carl Philip at the STCC race in Mantorp Park
September 23 Project Playground's information meeting in Stockholm
September 25 Project Playground's press meeting in Stockholm
Old 09-26-2014, 05:11 AM
Courtier

How active and serious was Sofia's involvement in 'Project Playground' before the Sofia-PR-machine kicked in?
Old 10-08-2014, 02:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Project Playground organized today a GoKart charity Karting event in Stockholm. The drivers from the Royal Automobile Club (the king is the patron) were coaching the people. A team had to pay 10000 SEK, and all the proceeds go to Project Playground.
http://content.foreningshuset.se/Kun...ound_8_okt.pdf

Sofia and Carl Philip attended, and Lina Hellqvist and Hanna Malmberg Eriksson from Project Playground. Carl Philis is of course a honorary member of the Royal Automobile Club.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bzb1mTeIYAAt3FU.jpg
http://scontent-b.cdninstagram.com/h...08486376_n.jpg
http://scontent-b.cdninstagram.com/h...10063120_n.jpg
http://scontent-a.cdninstagram.com/h...94185260_n.jpg
http://scontent-b.cdninstagram.com/h...57405586_n.jpg
http://scontent-b.cdninstagram.com/h..._6401290_n.jpg
http://scontent-a.cdninstagram.com/h...81380331_n.jpg
Old 10-08-2014, 05:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Sofia is not going to become a full-time princess

Next summer, Sofia Hellqvist can be a princess when she marries Prince Carl Philip. But unlike Prince Daniel, she will most likely not give up her career.

- Yes, of course. Entire Project Playground is a part of the family and I spend many months a year down there, says Sofia Hellqvist.

- Of course, I will continue to work, I have spent many years and a lot of work into this, she says.
Sofia tänker inte bli heltidsprinsessa Nyheter Expressen
Translation

She is quite nicely exaggerating the time she spends in Langa in a year.
A couple of points.

1. I highly doubt that Sophia will become a 'full time royal' under any circumstances. There is not an actual Princess shortage in the family.

2. I think the entire Project Playground was cooked up as a repackaging of Ms Helqvist with the neccessary PR to make her more palatable as CP's bride.

3. I think when you look at the entirety of her working career (such as it was) the time spent with Project Playground is a tiny minority of how she has spent her time/earned her living. She spent FAR more years 'modeling' for mens magazines, etc so I cant justify calling Project Playground 'her career'.
Old 10-08-2014, 05:08 PM
Heir Apparent

totally agree Scooter
Old 10-08-2014, 05:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

It's always good to see Sofia working hard for Project Playground. She, her sister and partners have dedicated a great deal of their time, energy and heart to this great cause and I think that should be applauded.

It's easy to just write off Sofia's dedication to Project Playground but I think she's involved with the charity because she love those children, their families and truly want to help them. Let go of the past and look to the future with hope.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 10-09-2014, 01:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
A couple of points.

1. I highly doubt that Sophia will become a 'full time royal' under any circumstances. There is not an actual Princess shortage in the family.

2. I think the entire Project Playground was cooked up as a repackaging of Ms Helqvist with the neccessary PR to make her more palatable as CP's bride.

3. I think when you look at the entirety of her working career (such as it was) the time spent with Project Playground is a tiny minority of how she has spent her time/earned her living. She spent FAR more years 'modeling' for mens magazines, etc so I cant justify calling Project Playground 'her career'.
I totally agree. Frida Vesterberg had lived many years in South Africa and founded an organization. Somehow, Sofia got into it. And gets now all the credit. They may do a good work, but it is just because of Frida Vesterberg. And the money they get because Sofia is connected with Carl Philip. If Sofia wasn't with Carl Philip, they would have quite difficult to work with because it isn't so easy to collect the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
It's easy to just write off Sofia's dedication to Project Playground but I think she's involved with the charity because she love those children, their families and truly want to help them. Let go of the past and look to the future with hope.
If she loves those children so much, it would be natural that she would spend more time with them in Langa. It is so easy for her to promote herself in Sweden by sitting comfortably at her office and posing at charity events, while she knows that money is coming because she is with Carl Philip. She claimed to Svensk Damtidning that she spends two-three months a year there...
Old 10-09-2014, 01:53 AM
Courtier

Oh, now Sofia is an evil woman who attracts money to a charity that helps African children. She should be punished for that, the evil witch.

But I bet she's doing far more to those children than the people who spend their time on Internet criticizing her for no rational reason.
Old 10-09-2014, 03:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
I totally agree. Frida Vesterberg had lived many years in South Africa and founded an organization. Somehow, Sofia got into it. And gets now all the credit. They may do a good work, but it is just because of Frida Vesterberg. And the money they get because Sofia is connected with Carl Philip. If Sofia wasn't with Carl Philip, they would have quite difficult to work with because it isn't so easy to collect the money.

If she loves those children so much, it would be natural that she would spend more time with them in Langa. It is so easy for her to promote herself in Sweden by sitting comfortably at her office and posing at charity events, while she knows that money is coming because she is with Carl Philip. She claimed to Svensk Damtidning that she spends two-three months a year there...
From what I understand, Sofia do spend a great deal of time with the children. She, her sister and the rest of the team that make up Project Playground, spend a great deal of time with the children but also they spend a great deal of time promoting and raising funds for the charity. Having Prince Carl Philip getting involved and help raise money don't hurt things and as long as it's helping the children, why should it matter?

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 10-09-2014, 09:54 AM
Serene Highness

I think she is always gonna be damned no matter what she does. Some will never find anything she does good enough. Her past is hers and if the royal family can accept it and her into the family good for them. No one knows how much work she does for her charity but will deny she works for it as she says she does.
Old 11-12-2014, 01:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Frida Vesterberg with her husband Waheed Adam. Their son Ilaan is 11 months old.
https://scontent-b-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/...eb&oe=54E4FAC7
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...770aacac5fbec6
Old 11-22-2014, 03:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Project Playground is selling signed football and hockey jerseys in Tradera.
"Buy a different and meaningful Christmas gift for yourself or someone you love while contributing to Project Playground’s work to improve their lives and future of children and youth. On Project Playground’s page on Tradera, you will find 13 unique signed soccer and hockey jerseys from AC Milan, NHL and the Swedish national soccer team, plus many more. Maybe you will find your favorite player?"
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...063c0876c1dfcb
The jerseys
Annonser från ProjectPlayground på Tradera.com - Köp och sälj på auktion & till fast pris

According to Svensk Damtidning, Sofia had been in Langa on Project Playground's 4th anniversary a few weeks ago.