The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Prince Carl Philip

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-23-2013, 02:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

I just can't understand why he gives interview to a tabloid, not a some serious newspaper in Sweden.

Old 10-23-2013, 02:10 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
I just can't understand why he gives interview to a tabloid, not a some serious newspaper in Sweden.
Ah okay, that i didn't get (not familiar with the various media), is this magazine known to be 'gentle' to the royal family or something?
I'm just wondering if this actually those the trick in the long run and the dicussion is settled or if his design-career is permanently damaged.. probably will show when the jackets-collection is released

Old 11-15-2013, 01:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Carl Philip got help from a super pro with crisis management after it the disaster with his designs.
Résumé reveals that Christina Saliba held the strings when the prince gave an interview to Expressen. Saliba, who is a partner of the advertising agency BerntzonBylund and also works at PR agency Mind Makers where she is creative director - has long time been one of the nation's leading public relations consultants. Christina Saliba is a close friend of Michael Storåkers, the Bukowski-CEO and former chief of McCann, who has been the prince mentor, and she was suitable for the mission.
- We will not go into who we work with, says Annika Sönnerberg from the press department.
Resumé Saliba bakom Carl Philips krishantering
Translation
Old 11-18-2013, 03:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

I get that he's trying to do something important with his life,.but to me he still seems like a confused boy. No offense to anyone, but I honestly do not like Carl Philips designs...the dishes, nor the carpet. And soon he will be doing clothing? I feel like he has yet to find his "niche", but in the meantime dabbling with "designs". I like CP and I hope he realizes what he's really passionate about. Victoria has the throne, Madeleine has childhood and I'm not even sure what CP has.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:26 AM
Imperial Majesty

Carl Philip and his partner Oscar Kylberg have designed sports jackets for swedish brand A-one. The jackets cost 1999 SEK, about 226 euros.
Carl Philip ger sig nu in i modebranschen Mode Modenyheter Modereportage Trender Tips Expressen
Translation

Resumé Klart Carl Philip har designat jackor för A-One
Translation
Old 02-11-2014, 04:09 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
I get that he's trying to do something important with his life,.but to me he still seems like a confused boy. No offense to anyone, but I honestly do not like Carl Philips designs...the dishes, nor the carpet. And soon he will be doing clothing? I feel like he has yet to find his "niche", but in the meantime dabbling with "designs". I like CP and I hope he realizes what he's really passionate about. Victoria has the throne, Madeleine has childhood and I'm not even sure what CP has.
I agree to a very large extent, confused boy... I like however his designs, the carpet, the contested fireplace protection. I am not yet too sure about his clothing design. I guess his main interest remains car races. I agree between his sisters' firm commitments, it must be difficult for him, on top of the controversies about his girl friend. It strikes me that Daniel & CP are (or seem at least) good friends, in spite of their huge différences, probably sport unites them most. They have been or still are quite helpful to each other.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne2 View Post
I agree to a very large extent, confused boy... I like however his designs, the carpet, the contested fireplace protection. I am not yet too sure about his clothing design. I guess his main interest remains car races. I agree between his sisters' firm commitments, it must be difficult for him, on top of the controversies about his girl friend. It strikes me that Daniel & CP are (or seem at least) good friends, in spite of their huge différences, probably sport unites them most. They have been or still are quite helpful to each other.

Why confused? Others call, what he is doing, a career! I guess if he would "only" perform royal duies for the monarchy it wouldn´t be enough, either...
Old 02-12-2014, 01:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Since he has a diploma in Agricultural and Rural Management, he could have chosen that as a career.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Perhaps that is the problem. He is not utilising his chosen field of education and instead seems to be dabbling in design and photography and remains passionate only about racing cars. All in all, he seems like the quintessential dilettante.

But perhaps there is an upside. When he was at University perhaps he studied something that was not his passion just to appear "serious", to try to fit in, so to speak. It may well have been that his hobby of photography was his real passion and it took age and maturity for him to have the guts to change course. Segueing quite effortlessly from photography into design is totally understandable, even logical.

As to racing cars? Well that really is no different from Polo or any other sport.
Old 02-14-2014, 03:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Carl Philip has given an exclusive interview to Damernas Värld about his design-comeback.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...bc55c804dfe76b

Finnish MTV quotes the interview:
Carl Philip and Oscar Kylberg are launching a new clothing line on March. Damernas Värld interviewed Carl Philip about designing, but also
about his private life. He has dated for a long time with Sofia Hellqvist and the swedes are impatiently waiting news about engagement and baby joy.
- I have already one sister, who has a child and another sister, who is waiting for her first one and this is nice, Carl Philip circles the question.
Estelle is now two years old, princess Madeleine's and Chris O'Neill's firstborn is due at the end of February.
But don't you long for children of your own, the reporter asked.
- Hahahah - What do you mean?, said Carl Philip.
Carl Philip is silent about his own planes but emphasizes the meaning little princess Estelle has for him.
- I try to be with at Estelle's life as much as possible. Of course it depends always on that how much I have for example work duties.
Carl Philip väisteli isyyskysymyksiä – korosti Estellen merkitystä - Uutiset - Viihde - MTV.fi
Old 02-14-2014, 03:53 PM
Royal Highness

It seems like it was mostly on his private life and not his designs
Old 02-21-2014, 04:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Interview about designing sports jackets
Prinsens nya kläder » bon.se – Bons digitala hem
Translation

Carl Philip and Oscar Kylberg
http://distilleryimage5.s3.amazonaws...90cee429_8.jpg

From the article of designing sports jackets in Damernas Värld -magazine. Photos by photographer Morgan Norman
http://distilleryimage5.s3.amazonaws...df506265_8.jpg

And not surprising, photographer Morgan Norman has put only the photos of Carl Philip to his website.
http://www.morgannorman.com/ImageGen...Compression=95
http://www.morgannorman.com/ImageGen...Compression=95
Old 07-22-2014, 10:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

Resumé writes that Carl Philip and Oscar Kylberg launch on 22nd August more sports jackers for A-one.
Resumé Salibas byrå hjälper Carl Philip med lanseringen
Translation
Old 08-22-2014, 11:24 AM
Imperial Majesty

Carl Philip and Oscar Kylberg's company Bernadotte & Kylberg launched a spring-summer 2015 collection "City Dawn" for A-One, more down jackets.
“The A-One collaboration is exciting and inspiring,” says Oscar Kylberg, CEO of Bernadotte & Kylberg, “and we’re looking forward to showing the spring-summer collection. Technologies and fabrics reflect our stringent standards for quality and fit. The jackets that we design must be both comfortable and attractive.”
The collection includes 14 models: eight for women and six for men. The collection will go on sale in February 2015; prices range between SEK 1595 and 2395 (USD 230–350/EUR 175–260).
A-One presents vibrant spring-summer collection – designed by... - A-One

Prins Carl Philip vågar satsa på fler dunjackor Mode Expressen
Old 09-02-2014, 04:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

Carl Philip and Oscar Kylberg have designed textiles, which are sold in Åhlens department stores.
Prins Carl Philip designar för Åhléns | Leva & bo | Expressen

Carl Philip and Oscar Kylberg designed a new textile collection to Åhléns.
In an exclusive interview for Elle Decoration's next issue, they tell about the collection which will be launched at Åhlens on 10 September.
ELLE Decorations editorial director Karin Ohlsson-Leijon met Bernadotte & Kylberg on Djurgården in early summer.
Why did you choose to photograph the collection outdoors?
- We wanted to find an environment that felt natural for both Carl Philip and Oscar Kylberg and when we talked, they told over and over again about the inspiration they get from nature. We met in the park at Waldemarsudde and was fortunate to have a fantastic weather. Photographer Karin Björkquist and I had been there and looked a little before to see how the light fell and so. Oscar got a little ahead of Carl Philip, who had his little dog Siri with him. They were both very fond of the environment on one of the rocks in the park and while Karin Björkquist photographed them.
Then we had looked a good spot on Djurgården to photograph products and Carl Philip drove us there in his car. It was fun to know how committed they were all about shooting. They have worked a long time with the collection and feel strongly about it and that they both are photo people - they were very interested to see how the photographer works and were very involved in the shoot of the products.
Exklusivt Prins Carl Philip gör kollektion för Åhléns ELLE Decoration
Old 09-07-2014, 01:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

Here's all the textiles of Bernadotte and Kylberg Åhléns has on their catalogue
http://ahlens.brandfactory.se/PORTAL...GVucw==&page=1

Tags
design, prince carl philip