Prince Carl Philip's 30th Birthday: May 13, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed, the whole Royal Family (and not just the Royal Couple, as announced on the official website...) was present today for Prince Carl Philip's 30th birthday ceremony in front of Stockholm Palace.
Link to belga's gallery with tons of pictures:

BelgaPicture - Category details

Is he doing this every year, or only because this is a special birthday. What is he getting btw?

Is he doing this every year, or only because this is a special birthday. What is he getting btw?

Didnt they do this sort of event for Madeleine's 25th birthday a few year back as well so i assume it is because it was a milestone birthday
Is it a parade or something like that - the King and Prince are both in uniform

Wow, I don't think I have ever seen such a beautiful Royal family. They sure hae beautiful genes in that family, Carl Philip is a very handsome man.

Does he come under Whole Royal Family yet? I understand he is Victpria's fiancee, but not officially husband yet? Correct me if i'm wrong. x

Yes he is not part of the RF yet, I think if he was going to be there, they would have put the RF and Mr. Daniel Wrestiling. Besides it was CP's day, (he doesn't have many) probably Daniel would have outshined him more than his sisters normally do

I like that they RF does these small presentations together. It will be odd to see Daniel there with them- sort of the end of an era- but I suppose the beginning of another as well. :)

:previous:
Technically Daniel is not a member yet but I thought as Victoria's fiancee it would be been nice to see him there. It's a family occasion after all, the birthday of this future brother in law.

but daniel said at the press conference that his focus is this year his fitness centre. so i think he will make the important events with Victoria but his main focus is his work

but daniel said at the press conference that his focus is this year his fitness centre. so i think he will make the important events with Victoria but his main focus is his work

I must have overheard that.

If he would be present at e.g. the king´s bday, Carl Philip´s, national day, Victoria´s bday, Nobel prize dinner...it shouldn´t cross too much with his agenda as entrepreneur. Those usually have more freedoms than employees
I guess the reason is Daniel not being willing really (he will surely not become a Mette Marit II in terms of workload, but I guess for now he is enjoying his freedom to the fullest. I bet, if it would have been up to him, he also would have been happy to wait until next February with the engagement, but then a certain crown princess would have exploded :lol:) and the long engagement time.

That with the long engagement time, one could solve by saying "no official duties, apart from Victoria´s bday celebrations in 2009, but therefore in 2010"...but the ol court witch Fru Eldh was saying, that he wouldn´t perform duties until the wedding. Stupid move, very stupid move...about as stupid as the parents not appearing in public...would help them a lot for the wedding day (which they CAN NOT miss)

I guess Carl Philip wouldn´t have minded the "stolen show" (as shy, as he is) and even without Daniel, it´s obviously about...Daniel ;)

Daniel not being there is, IMO, not that surprising. It is not an obligation yet for him to be present and it does not seem that he is close to the family.

Lena- Yes, I am sure that Daniel would have preferred to have wait until next Feb (or later) for the engagement announcement and is enjoying as much last min. freedom as he can. I still believe that he is being pushed down the aisle- just my opnion from the pictures of Victoria and Daniel that I see together.

If Daniel accompanied CP Victoria to Brazil I cannot see why he could not appear for this event as well. They are not married yet but he is part of the family. They have been officially engaged and set the date for next June 19th.

Daniel not being there is, IMO, not that surprising. It is not an obligation yet for him to be present and it does not seem that he is close to the family.

Lena- Yes, I am sure that Daniel would have preferred to have wait until next Feb (or later) for the engagement announcement and is enjoying as much last min. freedom as he can. I still believe that he is being pushed down the aisle- just my opnion from the pictures of Victoria and Daniel that I see together.

Gosh HRH I surely hope he is not being pushed down the aisle. He looks stiff as a board but I hope he truly loves Victoria and will make her happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Daniel accompanied CP Victoria to Brazil I cannot see why he could not appear for this event as well. They are not married yet but he is part of the family. They have been officially engaged and set the date for next June 19th.

completely agree. this was no state affair but a family affair - and as the fiancee of the eldest sister at least i find it strange that daniel doesn't show up at his future brother in laws round birthday.

i also agree with hrhofnothing, daniel doesn't seem to be close to the family at all. it seems to me that victoria pushed and her parents tried to back off - and this is the result, daniel absent at family events, at the rare occasions he is around the family apart from victoria looks stiff and the unusual no-show of his parents in the public eye at the occasion of the engagement also fits in. too bad after all these years the had to get used to each other.

Although I believe we start to digress from the subject here is my comment:
Hopefully Daniel won´t start to pick out the best parts of Victoria´s schedules - f.i. the journey to Brazil where he IMO stayed in the hotel and maybe used the swimmingpool most of the time.....
He knows Victoria now for more than seven years - and we´ve seen him very often together with her family therefore I also found it a bit strange that he didn´t attend both C-G´s and C-P´s birthdays.

Back to the subject before we are warned...... Was Emma at CP's 30th birthday party celebrations?

Emma Pernald was reportedly invited to the birthday dinner as a friend, but declined the invitation and did not attend.

Emma Pernald was reportedly invited to the birthday dinner as a friend, but declined the invitation and did not attend.

Thank you Boris. I suppose this means she is serious about the break up.

I can't believe he's 30yr old. He's olddddd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom