The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Prince Carl Philip

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-15-2009, 06:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathaFD View Post
but daniel said at the press conference that his focus is this year his fitness centre. so i think he will make the important events with Victoria but his main focus is his work
I must have overheard that.

If he would be present at e.g. the king´s bday, Carl Philip´s, national day, Victoria´s bday, Nobel prize dinner...it shouldn´t cross too much with his agenda as entrepreneur. Those usually have more freedoms than employees
I guess the reason is Daniel not being willing really (he will surely not become a Mette Marit II in terms of workload, but I guess for now he is enjoying his freedom to the fullest. I bet, if it would have been up to him, he also would have been happy to wait until next February with the engagement, but then a certain crown princess would have exploded ) and the long engagement time.

That with the long engagement time, one could solve by saying "no official duties, apart from Victoria´s bday celebrations in 2009, but therefore in 2010"...but the ol court witch Fru Eldh was saying, that he wouldn´t perform duties until the wedding. Stupid move, very stupid move...about as stupid as the parents not appearing in public...would help them a lot for the wedding day (which they CAN NOT miss)

I guess Carl Philip wouldn´t have minded the "stolen show" (as shy, as he is) and even without Daniel, it´s obviously about...Daniel

Old 05-16-2009, 01:13 PM
Aristocracy

Daniel not being there is, IMO, not that surprising. It is not an obligation yet for him to be present and it does not seem that he is close to the family.

Lena- Yes, I am sure that Daniel would have preferred to have wait until next Feb (or later) for the engagement announcement and is enjoying as much last min. freedom as he can. I still believe that he is being pushed down the aisle- just my opnion from the pictures of Victoria and Daniel that I see together.

Old 05-16-2009, 02:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathaFD View Post
but daniel said at the press conference that his focus is this year his fitness centre. so i think he will make the important events with Victoria but his main focus is his work
If Daniel accompanied CP Victoria to Brazil I cannot see why he could not appear for this event as well. They are not married yet but he is part of the family. They have been officially engaged and set the date for next June 19th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHofNothing View Post
Daniel not being there is, IMO, not that surprising. It is not an obligation yet for him to be present and it does not seem that he is close to the family.

Lena- Yes, I am sure that Daniel would have preferred to have wait until next Feb (or later) for the engagement announcement and is enjoying as much last min. freedom as he can. I still believe that he is being pushed down the aisle- just my opnion from the pictures of Victoria and Daniel that I see together.
Gosh HRH I surely hope he is not being pushed down the aisle. He looks stiff as a board but I hope he truly loves Victoria and will make her happy.
Old 05-16-2009, 02:57 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
If Daniel accompanied CP Victoria to Brazil I cannot see why he could not appear for this event as well. They are not married yet but he is part of the family. They have been officially engaged and set the date for next June 19th.
completely agree. this was no state affair but a family affair - and as the fiancee of the eldest sister at least i find it strange that daniel doesn't show up at his future brother in laws round birthday.

i also agree with hrhofnothing, daniel doesn't seem to be close to the family at all. it seems to me that victoria pushed and her parents tried to back off - and this is the result, daniel absent at family events, at the rare occasions he is around the family apart from victoria looks stiff and the unusual no-show of his parents in the public eye at the occasion of the engagement also fits in. too bad after all these years the had to get used to each other.
Old 05-16-2009, 03:58 PM
Courtier

Although I believe we start to digress from the subject here is my comment:
Hopefully Daniel won´t start to pick out the best parts of Victoria´s schedules - f.i. the journey to Brazil where he IMO stayed in the hotel and maybe used the swimmingpool most of the time.....
He knows Victoria now for more than seven years - and we´ve seen him very often together with her family therefore I also found it a bit strange that he didn´t attend both C-G´s and C-P´s birthdays.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Back to the subject before we are warned...... Was Emma at CP's 30th birthday party celebrations?
Old 05-16-2009, 06:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Emma Pernald was reportedly invited to the birthday dinner as a friend, but declined the invitation and did not attend.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Emma Pernald was reportedly invited to the birthday dinner as a friend, but declined the invitation and did not attend.
Thank you Boris. I suppose this means she is serious about the break up.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:46 PM
Gentry

Location: Her Royal Highness lives in Beverly Hills California, United States
I can't believe he's 30yr old. He's olddddd.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Handsome Carl Philip showered with presents on his 30th birthday
Old 05-17-2009, 01:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk
APA-Picturedesk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
completely agree. this was no state affair but a family affair - and as the fiancee of the eldest sister at least i find it strange that daniel doesn't show up at his future brother in laws round birthday.

i also agree with hrhofnothing, daniel doesn't seem to be close to the family at all. it seems to me that victoria pushed and her parents tried to back off - and this is the result, daniel absent at family events, at the rare occasions he is around the family apart from victoria looks stiff and the unusual no-show of his parents in the public eye at the occasion of the engagement also fits in. too bad after all these years the had to get used to each other.
The informationschef of the court, Nina Eldh, has said that when Victoria and Daniel got engaged, it was decided that Daniel won´t participate in official engagements before the wedding, because he isn´t a member of the royal family yet. Maybe the king regards these birthdays as official acts. The media has reported that Daniel was at the private birthday parties.
To me it looks like at least Daniel and Carl Philip are in good terms:
ANP Beeldbank
I don´t think that Daniel would have hugged Carl Philip like this, if they would be in icy terms with each other.
Also the queen seems to be friendly towards Daniel
ANP Beeldbank
IBL Bildbyrå
Old 05-18-2009, 11:53 PM
Courtier

I really do think he wasn't there because it was about Carl Philip, the press would have put a lot of attention towards Daniel if he was there. He has no obligation yet as member of the RF, cause he is not one yet
Old 05-20-2009, 01:21 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post

I don´t think that Daniel would have hugged Carl Philip like this, if they would be in icy terms with each other.
Also the queen seems to be friendly towards Daniel
ANP Beeldbank
IBL Bildbyrå

Did you really expect Daniel and Carl Philip to react icily towards each other when there were lots of cameras taking pictures!? Same, with the Queen. Even if she feels that her daughter could have done much better, as I believe she does, she was hardly going to express those sentiments at the public engagement reception 6 weeks after the engagement was announced!

Back to the orginal topic of the thread:Any one know what the Royal Family got C-P for his B-day?
Old 05-21-2009, 05:58 AM
Courtier

This is really nonsense, HRHofNothing! Carl Philip and Daniel know each other for years (they were driving together with Madelein´s boyfriend on a cart racecourse some years ago, having great fun together! It´s nothing I assume, I SAW the pictures! And the king, himself a huge racecar-fan, as you will know, was also there). If I would have any feelings of resentment against someone, I wouldn´t slap him in front of cameras, but I certainly wouldn´t hug him! Do you really think the Royals are THAT hypocritical?
Old 05-21-2009, 04:29 PM
Gentry

Princess Mia

Sometimes one just knows when someone isn't right for their sibling. It appears to me that Carl Philip is trying his best to accept Daniel (because he has to no matter what happens). Pictures do not lie. If you look closely at the video and the pictures you will see that Daniel (and Victoria) were both shocked by Carl Philip's warmth when he hugged Daniel. I think everyone is trying their best in this situation. Believe me, it's not easy.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:56 AM
Courtier

All right, "sometimes one just knows when someone isn´t right for their sibling". But how do you know Carl Philip thinks Daniel isn´t right?? Have you talked to him about it? Hardly! And who has said "it´s not easy" to anyone within the Swed. royal family?

I really wonder why these suspicion and speculations appear, where they come from!
I mean, you cannot just put your own feelings and resentments upon others and pretend they were theirs, too!
Old 05-23-2009, 07:58 PM
Gentry

Wartenberg7, if you noticed I said PICTURES do not lie! What I said was my opinion. I absolutely love the Swedish Royal Family. Just so you, royals are not exempt from human feelings. They feel the same feelings the rest of us feel.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:37 PM
Courtier

Pictures sometimes lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Mia View Post
Wartenberg7, if you noticed I said PICTURES do not lie! What I said was my opinion. I absolutely love the Swedish Royal Family. Just so you, royals are not exempt from human feelings. They feel the same feelings the rest of us feel.

I know you said PICTURES! By the way, of course pictures can lie you, if they are used in a manipulative way (or you interpret things in them you WANT TO see!). And: The pictures we have seen of D and C P together there was NO evidence what so ever you could conclude C P is not Happy with his sisters choice of partner.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, I can´t imagine Carl Philip disliking someone truly (the press maybe)
But very close he doesn´t seem to Victoria&Daniel either. Jonas and Daniel seem as if they have developed a friendship...but that might be, because they are in a similiar position actually...

Quote:
they were driving together with Madelein´s boyfriend on a cart racecourse some years ago, having great fun together
Well, as I remember it this "family trip" took place directly after the first rumours in the press, saying that the king wouldn´t like Daniel. IMO that was a PR move...
Old 05-27-2009, 04:37 PM
Courtier

Well, as I remember it this "family trip" took place directly after the first rumours in the press, saying that the king wouldn´t like Daniel. IMO that was a PR move...[/quote]

Sometimes I wished I had this enormous phantasy like people like you...
PR move?? WHY would there be any reason for a PR move nesassary?! This trip I was talking about has been covered by, I would call it, Paparazzi photos, NO photocall or something! They´ve been hardly pleased they´ve been disturbed on this private outing by photographers...
But o.k., o.k.: The entire Swed. royal family, except Victoria, hates Daniel. Believe it if you insist on this if it makes you happy... (May be there´s a job for you at one of these rotten tabloids?)
I leave you now with your absurd speculations and conspiracies. This is becoming too stupid for me.