Prince Carl Philip, Current Events Part 3: January 2006 - November 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:whistling:Wondering where his girlfriend is? Why wouldn't she be out celebrating his birthday with him......is she still in the picture? Seems she is out of sight lately and nobody has heard from her or seen her.

It will be interesting to see if Sofia will attend Leonore's christening

Carl Philip has been in Båstad at Restaurang Sand on Thursday evening. Se & Hör has a blurry photo at their Instagram. According to Se & Hör Sofia wasn't there.
Instagram photo by @soh_aller (SEoHÖR) | Iconosquare

It's about an hour from Båstad to Falkenberg, where Carl Philip has today the tests and qualifying in STCC.

Last edited:
According to the itenary at the Royal Courts website, Prince Carl Philip is participating in a military drill - "Northern Coast" - on the Baltic Sea between Aug 26'th and Sept 11'th. Quite a long time, I'd say.

According to the itenary at the Royal Courts website, Prince Carl Philip is participating in a military drill - "Northern Coast" - on the Baltic Sea between Aug 26'th and Sept 11'th. Quite a long time, I'd say.

It is quite normal for a Naval Reserve officer like Carl Philip to attend at military exercises.

It is quite normal for a Naval Reserve officer like Carl Philip to attend at military exercises.

Yes, I know. And I'm glad that he takes part in exercises like this, not just sunbathing in the Mediterranean.

Despite all the CP - Sofia fuss and the discussions about her suitability as a princess, I think most would agree that CP is a pretty down to earth royal.

What would be really cool is if CP would be the first Royal to do the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge ;-)

Can someone famous please nominate him???

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Despite all the CP - Sofia fuss and the discussions about her suitability as a princess, I think most would agree that CP is a pretty down to earth royal.

What would be really cool is if CP would be the first Royal to do the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge ;-)

Can someone famous please nominate him???

King Philip of Belgium apparently already participated?

King Philip of Belgium apparently already participated?

Not really, the Belgian RF just posted a photo of an empty bucket on their Facebook, along with 3 new nominations. They said that King Philip has done it.....

According to Expressen's royal reporter Johan T Lindwall, Carl Philip left on Tuesday from Karlskrona at a military ship towards Finland to Northern Coasts military exercise. They will arrive to Finland on Friday.

On Sunday, August 31 at. 13:00 arranged a press conference with Prince Carl Philip in Turku, Finland, where media get the opportunity to take photos and ask questions to the prince of the marine exercise.

From Tuesday, August 26th to Thursday, September 11, Prince Carl Philip participating in the multinational maritime exercise Northern Coasts 2014 prince will have a position in the Swedish-Finnish seagoing staff consisting of 35 people on board HMS Carlskrona.

Prins Carl Philip deltar i den multinationella marina övningen Northern Coasts 2014 - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

On Sunday, August 31 at. 13:00 arranged a press conference with Prince Carl Philip in Turku, Finland, where media get the opportunity to take photos and ask questions to the prince of the marine exercise.

From Tuesday, August 26th to Thursday, September 11, Prince Carl Philip participating in the multinational maritime exercise Northern Coasts 2014 prince will have a position in the Swedish-Finnish seagoing staff consisting of 35 people on board HMS Carlskrona.

Prins Carl Philip deltar i den multinationella marina övningen Northern Coasts 2014 - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

The court has the press release also in english.
Prince Carl Philip participates in the international naval exercise Northern Coasts 2014 - Sveriges Kungahus

The Finnish Navy didn't want to comment Carl Philip's attendance at the military exercise due to security reasons. The swedish royal court didn't want to comment, if Carl Philip's attendance causes special arrangements in security.
- We don't comment on the security, but ask to take contact to the Security Police (SÄPO), said Ulrika Näsholm from the court press department.
Prinssi Carl Philip Turkuun kapteenina - Kotimaa - Turun Sanomat

I just read the press release and it definitely sounds interesting what they're doing.

I hope someone post a video so that we can see him. So, what's next for Carl Philip?

I hope someone post a video so that we can see him. So, what's next for Carl Philip?

After this mission, according to the kungahuset.se calendar, attendance at the opening of the 'Carl Larsson. The Good Life' exhibition in Copenhagen on September 24th.
But hopefully before that the first batch of information about his wedding.
And yes, I know I am probably just mightily impatient :D.

Last edited:

I think we will get photos on Sunday when Carl Philip has a press conference in my hometown Turku. HMS Carlskrona (where Carl Philip is at his military exercise) arrived today to the Aura River.
Photo of HMS Carlskrona from my mobile phone, I was walking by the Aura River and watching the warships.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
HMS Carlskrona is on the other bank of the river of our famous Suomen Joutsen full-rigger. Very different ships...
Both ships

Carl Philip's ship (like many other ships) is open for public tomorrow and on Sunday. But I'm not so fond of crowds that I would go there although I might perhaps get a glimpse of him, the police is waiting for about 50000 people on both days.

EDIT: Photos of Carl Philip today in Turku, from IltaSanomat
Prinssi Carl Philip saapui Turkuun - katso kuvat! - Kuninkaalliset - Ilta-Sanomat

Last edited:
I think we will get photos on Sunday when Carl Philip has a press conference in my hometown Turku. HMS Carlskrona (where Carl Philip is at his military exercise) arrived today to the Aura River.
Photo of HMS Carlskrona from my mobile phone, I was walking by the Aura River and watching the warships.
HMS Carlskrona is on the other bank of the river of our famous Suomen Joutsen full-rigger. Very different ships...
Both ships

Carl Philip's ship (like many other ships) is open for public tomorrow and on Sunday. But I'm not so fond of crowds that I would go there although I might perhaps get a glimpse of him, the police is waiting for about 50000 people on both days.

EDIT: Photos of Carl Philip today in Turku, from IltaSanomat
Prinssi Carl Philip saapui Turkuun - katso kuvat! - Kuninkaalliset - Ilta-Sanomat

thank you for sharing LadyFinn
Hopefully you do catch a glimpse :flowers:

Nice pictures. He looks good. Hopefully you will get a chance to see him Lady Finn.

Nice pictures. He looks good. Hopefully you will get a chance to see him Lady Finn.

I will not go to there, I stay home today and tomorrow. I'm lazy, you can't take your own car there, you should go by bus or taxi. And I hate crowds, and it would take many hours of my day. I saw most of the ships already yesterday. But the weather is nice now, so it looks to be a good day.

While being in Karlskrona before the ship left to Finland, Carl Philip went to sports bar Stars and Stripes on Monday and Wednesday, on Wednesday he watched there the football game between Malmö FF-Salzburg.
The first visit was, by all accounts, unplanned but to the second visit they booked a table.
- The table was booked under the name Kalle, I do not know if it was him personally who booked it, says Niklas Holgersson.
The group, who arrived just in time for the football match Malmö FF-Salzburg, kept a fairly low profile.
Carl Philip gjorde Karlskrona – såg MFF Kvällsposten

Carl Philip in Turku on Saturday, photo from Iltalehti.
http://static.iltalehti.fi/kuninkaalliset/prinssi_etu3008TL_kg.jpg

Last edited:
Carl Philip's press conference in Turku today.
Instagram

"Prince Carl Philip charmed the Finns with his smile"
KUVAT Prinssi Carl Philip hurmasi suomalaiset hymyllään - Viihde - MTV.fi

To our local newspaper Turun Sanomat Carl Philip said that it is very interesting to take part at a international military exercise. He also said that unfortunately he hasn't visited Turku before, but Turku seems to be a nice town.
Carl Philip ihastui Turkuun - Kotimaa - Turun Sanomat

"Bearded prince Carl Philip thrilled in Turku"
Prince Carl Philip says that the experience has been so far very instructive.
- It has been interesting to follow the practices in different countries. This is for me a unique experience, because under normal circumstances I would never be in such a role.
The royal visitor hasn't raised much attention in Turku, Finland, for the mission planning prevented the Prince of extended visits in the city.
- I've only been on a short tour. This is my first visit to Turku, Prince Carl Philip said.
Parrakas prinssi Carl Philip ihastutti Turussa - katso kuvat! - Viihde - Viihdeuutiset - Ilta-Sanomat

"Prince Carl Philip in a good spirits in Turku"
Prinssi Carl Philip hyväntuulisena Turussa

Expressen's royal reporter Johan T Lindwall was also in Turku, Carl Philip talked more with him, there is also a short video

The prince to hunt submarines outside Finland
Carl Philip is back in the Navy and HMS Carlskrona. Along the waterfront are a variety of ships from 13 nations. Carl Philip is here for the giant marine operation Northern Coasts.
- Nearly 3,000 people attend the exercise. And 55 ships. It's obviously extremely interesting, but also fun to be a part of something like this, says Carl Philip.
He is included in the staff on board HMS Carlskrona and now is just hours before they start the major exercise off the coast of Finland. Carl Philip shows us around on the deck and with him he has Lieutenant Commander Anna-Karin Broth, the prince's boss in the next two weeks. Anna-Karin is also one of Victoria's adjutants.
- Now we haven't had to work so much together yet, but I could already tell that he's very forward and comes with wise comments and adds the group much, says Anna-Karin Broth about the prince.
Now he goes by the name of BWA.
- Battle Watch Assistant, said Carl Philip proud.
Not Prince?
- No, no, here I am one of the staff, one of the gang and it's definitely no special treatment. It would be hugely surprising. I work like everyone else, no difference. It's been a while since I was in the military and most complex now is to remember all the abbreviations. Military people namely love abbreviations, laughs Carl Philip.
This week should HMS Carlskrona be one of the vessels that leads the major exercise off the coast of Finland. Carl Philip has until now been put up and the planning and subsequent days, he along with the others on the ship including submarine hunt.
- Now, I and the others met the other staffs and uploaded the tactic and schedule for what will happen. For me it's interesting to see how the others work. It's a good group where everyone helps each other.
Chasing submarine, sounds exciting?
- Yes, there is so much that will happen and I feel already now how incredibly good I feel in this company. It's a good group where everyone helps each other. It is interesting to see how a multi-national team works. Get an insight into how to solve different problems.
On September 11 the exercise is done and Carl Philip will return to Stockholm.
- This fall, I have some official functions. That includes Alicante for the Volvo Ocean Race. Then I of course also have my design. There will be things to do.
He did not exclude the future may be even more time in the Navy:
- I like all of this life, he notes. It's something I enjoy doing.
Prinsen ska jaga ubåtar utanför Finland Nyheter Expressen
Translation

Last edited:
Thanks, Lady Finn.

I really love seeing him in his navy work uniform. Maybe he should think about going back to work in the navy full time. He looks happy there. It's something like "Yes, here I belong" in his face and how he walks, stands, etc. I don't know how to better say it. I hope you understand what I mean.

Thanks, Lady Finn.

I really love seeing him in his navy work uniform. Maybe he should think about going back to work in the navy full time. He looks happy there. It's something like "Yes, here I belong" in his face and how he walks, stands, etc. I don't know how to better say it. I hope you understand what I mean.

Confident, self-assured - a masculine, adult man. Who knows, perhaps he will go back to the navy and then Sofia will be a navy wife :).

I was impressed when I saw the photos and it's a good cause what they are doing with all the participating countries.

I notice that Carl Philip is wearing a bunch of bracelets on his wrists. I note that many younger (and not so young) people are doing this all over including here in the USA. Is there some sort of significance to this or is it simply fashion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom