Prince Carl Philip, Current Events Part 3: January 2006 - November 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that the king opposed was not to give the females succession rights but that the law took away Carl-Philips title as he had been born before the law came in to effect - and he meant that it would have been better to let him keep it as he was born as crownprince and let the full equal rights to the next generation.

He often spoke about that in the 80ths. But the older Victoria and Carl-Philip became less opposition the king spoke

He often spoke about that in the 80ths. But the older Victoria and Carl-Philip became less opposition the king spoke

Obviously, once Victoria was old enough to understand what he father was saying, he had to stop. Otherwise it would seem like to her that he was choosing a favorite amongst his children

Are grey and red theme colours for this charity?
It's wonderful to see, and for such a good cause as well.

I only asked because CP is wearing Red and grey, as is the man he hands the prize too. :)

The red is too loud for the gray suit.

Carl Philip is very handsome. I only wish he would lay off the styling gel. It makes his hair look greasy.

i think carl philip's girlfriend sofia is doing more charity work than he is , sofia is trying to fit in with swedish royals

When I saw Carl Phillip's picture, the first thing that I noticed was his tie. I don't know if I'm color blind but it looks like he's wearing a black suit with the red tie.

Last edited:
That's an odd story to publish, I have to read books in my holidays for my exams in January.

Seeing Prince Carl Philip and Anne Hathaway at the Nobel Prize awards...got me thinking about the possibility of them together...Anne is perfect in terms of looks, education, intelligence, name, age (gap) and people skills....I personally would love to see a Princess Anne Jacqueline of Sweden, formerly Anne Hathaway...she is 3 years younger than the Prince, he being born in 1979, she in 1982...It would actually be ironic and funny, since she has been in those atrocious, but entertaining 'Princess Diaries' movies...She'll have to get her own princess diary then ;)

How on earth do people find out these things?

Well, in Sweden you can get the grades of anyone you want from the entire schoolsystem. The place he studies at keep the grades in the system called LADOK and the paper just have to phone and ask them for his graders.

Grades are not private?

Nope, according to swedish law, the offentlighetsprincip, every swedish citizens grade belong to the public domain and can be asked for by the media if they want. I have seen the grades from Daniel, Jonas Bergstrom and Emma Pernald a few years ago. Jonas had topgrades, Daniel average grades and Emma had in the upper half i belive. They havent posted Sofias yet(i think).

They have also posted the kings, Victorias, Carl-Philip and Madeleines grades for every swedish school they attended.

Must be a lot of pressure for the Royals- the whole country would know if you failed an exam!

Nope, according to swedish law, the offentlighetsprincip, every swedish citizens grade belong to the public domain and can be asked for by the media if they want.
This is a bit OT...but since there is already talk about grades... I remeber reading a while back that the grades are public only if you go to public school, if you go to private school you or your parents have to give premission for the grades to be public. Is that true?

Prins Porsche – en gratiskung | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

Carl Philip's new car is a luxus-Porsche worth a million swedish crones.
But the prince himself has not paid a dime - the car is sponsored by Porsche.

For years, Carl Philip drove a leased Volvo XC90. But now the prince opted out of the Swedish car and instead started running German. Namely, a brand new Porsche Cayenne S Hybrid - worth about one million swedish crones.
Porsche Sweden lends the car to Flash Engineering, the prince's racing stable, which then lent it to Carl Philip.
- The car was delivered in November. The prince has driven the Carrera Cup a number of years and it is an extension of the cooperation that he runs our products privately as well, said Bo Johansson, CEO of Porsche in Sweden.

Nice car. Really nice car.

I should think about driving Carrera Cup for a few years too, because I desperately need a new car, but can't afford it. And I definitely wouldn't turn down a Porsche if it would be handed to me for free.

That said, lucky Carl Philip (and lucky Sofia) and poor me.

Prins Porsche – en gratiskung | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

Carl Philip's new car is a luxus-Porsche worth a million swedish crones.
But the prince himself has not paid a dime - the car is sponsored by Porsche.

For years, Carl Philip drove a leased Volvo XC90. But now the prince opted out of the Swedish car and instead started running German. Namely, a brand new Porsche Cayenne S Hybrid - worth about one million swedish crones.
Porsche Sweden lends the car to Flash Engineering, the prince's racing stable, which then lent it to Carl Philip.
- The car was delivered in November. The prince has driven the Carrera Cup a number of years and it is an extension of the cooperation that he runs our products privately as well, said Bo Johansson, CEO of Porsche in Sweden.

So is this car on loan or was it a gift? I know he races cars...just try to understand this all. I wonder if this will cause any controversy. Considering that some people had an issue with Victoria accepting a honeymoon as a gift.

:previous: I understood it as some kind of a loan. And I don't see anything wrong with it. Victoria is the immediate heir to the throne and the honeymoon could be seen as a somewhat future bribe. But this car is nothing more than a company car from the princes employer which he can also use in private. That's how I see it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom